Oh La La

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on September 25, 2010

Our last day in Paris was one to remember. It was perfect in every sense of the word.

20100918-IMG_7564

20100918-IMG_7653

20100918-IMG_7610

20100918-IMG_7635-2

20100918-IMG_7642

I am putting the ‘Paris is dirty’ rumours to rest! It just couldn’t be further from the truth. It is one of the cleanest cities we have EVER seen.

20100918-IMG_7644

20100918-IMG_7649

20100918-IMG_7651

20100918-IMG_7543

20100918-IMG_7553

20100918-IMG_7571

20100918-IMG_7618

20100918-IMG_7664

20100922-IMG_8530

We made our way to Romantica Cafe for our last dinner in Paris!

20100922-IMG_8538

20100922-IMG_8534

Whenever we made dinner reservations for 7:30pm, we were always the only people in the restaurant. Tourist alert! ;)

Locals don’t eat dinner until 8-10pm typically.

20100922-IMG_8532

20100922-IMG_8541

20100922-IMG_8536

I had to laugh when I read ‘Vegetarian of Vegetables’ on the menu. I took it as a sign and ordered the dish!

My two gals!

20100922-IMG_8545-2

Saying goodbye was very hard! :(

‘Spooky’ Ghost Bread and balsamic + oil:

20100922-IMG_8554

My mom and sis had the linguini tomato and basil pasta.

20100922-IMG_8546

It was a dream! A dream I tell you.

I had the ‘Vegetarian of Vegetables’ ;) and it was lovely.

20100922-IMG_8551

I was surprised to find that there were lots of delicious vegetables throughout! Eggplant, asparagus, zucchini, tomato, etc.

When I was served it I said to myself, ‘I can’t possibly eat this huge serving’, but somehow it disappeared. ;)

20100922-IMG_8553

Then my sister and I ate my mom’s leftovers too. ;)

20100922-IMG_8556

For dessert, we made our way to a bakery that we passed along the way to dinner.

20100922-IMG_8585

You don’t forget a window front like that!

20100922-IMG_8529

20100922-IMG_8581

20100922-IMG_8559

20100922-IMG_8560

20100922-IMG_8561

20100922-IMG_8574

I tried a mini croissant as we waited. It was off the hook.

20100922-IMG_8564

These caught my eye!

20100922-IMG_8566

I was told they were Raspberry filled French Cakes.

20100922-IMG_8567

20100922-IMG_8572

20100922-IMG_8573

20100922-IMG_8577

We ended up getting a huge assortment of goodies and shared them back in the hotel room!

20100922-IMG_8594

My favourite.

20100922-IMG_8596

A French Food baby ensued.

When in Rome Paris…

20100922-IMG_8587

20100922-IMG_8590

20100922-IMG_8589

Oh la la.

Ange @ Health & Swellbeing September 25, 2010 at 7:17 am

Wow – I have just loved reading your Paris posts – what a great trip with so many awesome pics & memories!!
I love the picture of the girls in the hats :) You’re a beautiful family!!

Tina September 25, 2010 at 7:20 am

Love all these posts! And I bet every “food baby” was worth it. ;)

Megan @ Sweet On September 25, 2010 at 7:25 am

Aw yay! These are making me long for Paris! I want to go back and look at all my pictures right now, but I told myself I have to work for an hour first! :P

Susana September 25, 2010 at 7:30 am

I loved all your posts about Paris, i’m actually planning to go there this December, so now i have a lot of helpful tips :)
By the way, what is the name of the hotel you stayed in? It looked amazing!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2010 at 7:43 am

Oops I forgot to mention that!

We stayed at the Westin Vendome. We got a wicked deal with our travel package. Otherwise it would have been WAY out of our league. lol. The area was spectacular. I suggest finding a great travel agent who can help you find packages.

Susana September 25, 2010 at 9:31 am

Thank you so much for the advice, i will definitely do that! :)

melissa @ the delicate place September 25, 2010 at 7:33 am

i agree paris is so super clean! compared to the streets of new york…i would like the ground in paris. love the photos, thanks for taking me back!

Freya September 25, 2010 at 7:35 am

I think it’s so great you made the most of your time in Paris, eating all the food and so on (even if it wasn’t vegan) – such a once in a lifetime opportunity :) Plus, it all looks so delicious!

Morgan September 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

I went to Paris a few years back and I was a lot younger so now I’ve forgotten most of what I saw. I didn’t appreciate everything for its true form back then either and I really want to go again. I was so excited to find out you were going because I knew you would take lots of pictures and I they look great! This just makes me want to go EVEN MORE!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 25, 2010 at 7:39 am

Amazing, incredible food. That bakery? Droool.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 25, 2010 at 8:05 am

oh my gosh, i’d never want to leave with food like that! i’m not even a big sweets person but that bakery looks to die for!

Danielle September 25, 2010 at 8:08 am

Wow – I’m impressed with the cleanliness of the city! I wonder if the sanitation is better than other cities, or if people living there tend to care more about keeping it clean?

Krystina September 25, 2010 at 8:09 am

How do you feel about eating non vegan food? Do you think you’ll be looser about it now?

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 25, 2010 at 8:09 am

Gorgeous pics and gorgeous pastries :)

What does the script say on that raspberry pastry you liked?

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2010 at 8:31 am

I believe it says ‘Le Petit Manon’

Sabina September 25, 2010 at 8:12 am

Welcome back!

Regarding the “Paris is dirty” comment, a colleague said that to me yesterday but clarified, it was from his 1986 trip. I giggled. I was there in May 2008 and dirty is the complete opposite of what it was then, more like clean, and BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks so much for capturing and posting your trip. :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2010 at 8:31 am

I too was wondering if perhaps the city used to be dirty and it did a complete transformation! It is just spotless now. I couldn’t even find a piece of litter on the ground when we went on a bus tour. :)

Faith @ lovelyascharged September 25, 2010 at 8:12 am

If I’ve decided one thing from your recaps of France, it’s that Paris is a foodie haven and I have to go at some point in my future!

Noelle September 25, 2010 at 8:21 am

That last picture cracked me up! I sent your link to my mother-in-law. She and my father-in-law leave for Paris on the 28th!!!! I am so excited for them. She has been wanting to go for the past 20 years! Thank you for your lovely posts! Noelle

Lana September 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

What an amazing trip! Thanks for taking us to Paris with you!!! ;)

Amanda Davis September 25, 2010 at 8:28 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed Paris, I absolutely loved it when I went last summer and I agree the reputation of the city being dirty and the people being rude is completely unearned. Not sure where it came from but it’s definitely not the case

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 25, 2010 at 8:36 am

:;sigh:: to be in paris again… absolutely gorgeous photos as always Angela!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 25, 2010 at 8:50 am

Looove these posts about Paris…they make me want to go back…now! haha

[email protected] September 25, 2010 at 8:59 am

I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE EIFFEL TOWER!!!!! <3

Lizzie September 25, 2010 at 9:13 am

Ooh la la indeed!! Love all the photos and those cakes/pastries . . . . yum!!! So glad that you had a great time. Amazing memories. And while it’s always ick to say bye, “It’s never bye (or in this case aur revoir!), just see you later” :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

I love that!!!!

Lizzie September 27, 2010 at 7:10 am

Wish I could take credit for it :) but actually I overheard a guy telling that to his mother at the airport when she was saying goodbye to his sister. And actually at the time I needed to hear it as I was saying bye to my brother and sending him off on a new adventure.

Camille September 25, 2010 at 9:29 am

My kitten just tried to attack the ‘Spooky’ Ghost Bread. They always say that animals have esp… :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

haha

Bee Goes Bananas September 25, 2010 at 9:58 am

I can’t believe how beautiful Paris is! You’re so lucky to have the chance to visit there.

And the food looks incredible!

Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 25, 2010 at 9:58 am

Those desserts look amazing. The perfect way to end a trip to Paris!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) September 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

I’m glad to hear the city was clean! I wouldn’t have said Paris was dirty when I went, but not to be crude, there was dog poop EVERYWHERE…all over the sidewalks, you had to literally look down while you were walking to avoid it. :/

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) September 25, 2010 at 10:00 am

But, needless to say, that was probably in 2000.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2010 at 10:14 am

Oh wow, they must have really cleaned up their act since then!

Meesh September 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

Wow Angela, that looks like an amazing trip! That bakery looks fantastic :) I so want to go traveling now!

[email protected] Food Loving Polar Bear September 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

What a delicious post! Paris <3

Wei-Wei September 25, 2010 at 10:11 am

Is Eric jealous that you’re making babies with French food? ;)

Joanna September 25, 2010 at 10:21 am

This is an absolutely stunning group of pictures. I had been wanting to go to Paris and viewing your trip confirms this to me all the more. It looks like my long lost home! Lol. I am inspired to start a savings account just for a future Paris trip right now.

Jessica September 25, 2010 at 10:38 am

Omg! You, your sister and your mother actually glow! Hope this isnt too creepy of a post!lol But honestly your families skin!

Bethany @ More Fruit Please September 25, 2010 at 10:45 am

All of your pictures have been amazing and they make me want to get my butt on the first plane to Paris! I love the picture of OSGMOM in the green hat – too cute!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life September 25, 2010 at 10:52 am

Oh my gosh, that is one hell of a window front! EVERYTHING in this post looks phenomenal…YUMMM!! :-D
You three gals are gorgeous by the way!

Kasey September 25, 2010 at 10:55 am

Such beautiful pictures!!!! I’ve never been to Paris but it’s definitely on my travel wish list :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 25, 2010 at 11:56 am

That pasta seriously looks BEYOND amazing!

Katie September 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Chocolate Eiffel Towers!!!! I want all of them!

Tracey September 25, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I love all the pics! Looks like it was a great way to end your trip :)

Chelsea at Striking Balance September 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm

I have enjoyed following your trip to Paris. It looks like a great bonding experience with your mom and sister. I’m glad you had a great time :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 25, 2010 at 12:19 pm

That is so late for dinner! I think I’d have to have an entire meal between lunch and dinner in order to tide me over til that hour! :P

Kristina @ spabettie September 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I would have wanted to skip dinner and eat at the bakery… all of it. :D

Allison @ Food For Healing September 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm

that last picture with the mannequin freaked me out haha, quite interesting. at least it wasn’t a real person ha

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes September 25, 2010 at 12:54 pm

All these posts about Paris are making me jealous! I must visit again soon. It looks like you had an amazing trip. :D

Nathalie September 25, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Mon Dieu! Quelles belles photos! All this makes me salivate and miss Paris to the max. I am glad you had a good time there! Nathalie

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 25, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I love your Paris pictures! Paris should pay you money with all of the tourism that you will bring their way!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie September 25, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I want your pastries! Those look incredible.

I think it’s hilarious they eat so late. I always heard the the only time when Paris sleeps is from 4-5am which is the hour between the night owls going to bed and the early birds getting up, haha

christina cadden September 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Such a beautiful place!

jen at chocolateandginger September 25, 2010 at 5:24 pm

wow! i’ve been following your paris posts and you’ve only made me more excited for my trip! i leave for paris in 19 days for a 10 day trip! do you have a couple MUST SEE places you saw, patisseries or sites you can recommend?

stacey-healthylife September 25, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Everything is so beautiful and I wish I could go there. The pastries look amazing.

Hillary September 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I went to Paris this summer, and man you have made me miss it! I’m so glad you all had a great time. Your family is beautiful.

Do I see some french cooking in the future of your blog?? ;)

Jodie September 25, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Seeing all your photos makes me want to go back to Paris.:) Glad you had a really fun time.

carlee September 25, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Your blog is sooo inspiring on all your eats look amazing!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 26, 2010 at 12:17 am

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful last day of photos! The food!! :shock: Wow, is all I can say!! Those pasta dishes and pastries make me want to jump on the next plane to France, lol.

Jenn

Peggy September 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Angela:

How do we vote for you for the Project Food Blog? I have been to the website, but can’t find where we place our votes.

Denise A September 26, 2010 at 6:39 pm

HI Angela. Wow, you really out did yourself with the strawberry tarts… I am in total awe of your abilities. Wow vegan tarts… LOVE IT> Thanks for sharing your Paris trip. I really loved reading about it throughout the week while drinking my coffee! Have a great day.