Krazy For Kramer

Good morning!

This morning I had some breakfast before we headed out. Whenever I travel I always make sure I have some healthy foods on hand for quick and easy snacks and breakfasts. It saves money and always assures me that I have options on hand. When I go to Paris next month, I am going to bring lots of Glo Bars (as per OSGMOM’s request!) and Amazing Grass. Once I arrive at the destination, I try to pick up fruit to keep in the room too.

Split the mango slices with Eric…

20100817-IMG_6747

We’ve gone through an entire bag already. I am thinking another trip to TJ’s might be necessary!! They are pure bliss.

I had an apple and then split the Glo Bar with Eric:

20100817-IMG_6748

Yum!

We walked around for a bit and took more pictures of the city!

Today was the first cloudy day we have had since we’ve been here.

20100817-IMG_6836

I don’t mind the clouds one bit because it is so much cooler outside for walking. Always a good thing when you are lugging around a SLR and a purse full of foodie purchases. ;)

20100817-IMG_0371

20100817-IMG_6784

Eric said I ‘blended’ with the flowers today. :)

20100817-IMG_6799

20100817-IMG_6805

20100817-IMG_0381

20100817-IMG_6807

Then we were off to Kramer’s Health Food Center. Thanks to @BDskinnyjeans and @cakesnale for the Kramer’s tip. ;)

20100817-IMG_6754

Kramer’s has a huge health food store and a vegetarian cafe upstairs:

20100817-IMG_6767

20100817-IMG_6759

Upstairs…

20100817-IMG_6769

We were very impressed…lots of fun options!

20100817-IMG_6760

Eric got a delicious bruschetta sandwich for his breakfast (I had a couple bites and it was lovely!)

20100817-IMG_6766

Sprouts, onions, tomato, lettuce, and bruschetta spread.

20100817-IMG_6764

I was quite full from my previous eats so I got a large beet, carrot, and ginger juice. It was awesome and just what I was craving. I also grabbed a banana to throw in my purse.

20100817-IMG_6763

I drank this juice SO fast and concluded again that I am not hydrating enough on this trip! I think we are walking so much (in the heat too) that I am underestimating how much I need.

20100817-IMG_6772

A happy glow ensued.

I also bought some all-natural/vegan mints:

20100817-IMG_6786

Very good! Minty but not overpowering.

20100817-IMG_6785

More exploring ensued! Eric had yet to go South on Lakeshore so I took him there to show him the great views (I ran that way on Sunday!).

20100817-IMG_0409

I had the banana for a snack around noon:

20100817-IMG_6815

20100817-IMG_0386

20100817-IMG_6813 20100817-IMG_6825

It was a fun morning!

I am about to do a shot of Amazing Grass Wheatgrass power right now. :)

20100817-IMG_6845

Don’t forget if you want to take advantage of the coupon code for Amazing Grass products use the code HLS10 in the checkout for 25% off your order. :) My Glo Bar coupon code will be coming next week so keep your eyes peeled!

After I hit publish on this post we are heading out for lunch and then to the Signature Lounge. Apparently the 96th floor in the WOMEN’s BATHROOM of the Hancock tower has the best view of the city. I will see you later tonight with the recap. :) Have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs August 17, 2010

Ohh that shop/cafe sounds incredible! I wish I’d gone there :( and as for the clouds…yeah, I’m jealous. Could have used them on a few runs over the weekend!
Have an awesome day :)

2 courtney August 17, 2010

You really do glow, Angela!! So glad you are both enjoying the trip, and thanks for taking us all on a mini-vacay with your photos and recaps!

3 Camille August 17, 2010

I love your dress!
Have a fabulous day of exploration!

4 Amanda August 17, 2010

You are making me crave a vacation with all these recaps!

5 Jessica @ How Sweet August 17, 2010

Oh my gosh your day sounds so fun! And tonight sounds even better!

6 Nicole - yuppie yogini August 17, 2010

Not sure if Eric meant it as a compliment, but I think blending in with flowers sounds sweet! :)

7 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write August 17, 2010

You did blend with the flowers! You look so pretty!
I’m supposed to start doing/taking/drinking wheat grass (not sure how to say that). I’m skerrrred!!!

8 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 17, 2010

What beautiful pictures! This makes me want to take a little mini trip with J sometime soon.

I always pack snacks/ meals when I travel too — larabars, fruit, and trail mix packs are necessary!

9 Kristina August 17, 2010

wow – Eric’s sandwich looks AMAZING !! Kramers looks amazing – kinda reminds me of Whole Foods or an awesome store we had here many years ago, Natures. well ahead of their time!!

I think I told you? but if not I wanted to thank you for sharing the Amazing Grass coupon – I didn’t get to attend HLS and this *sorta* makes up for it :) I’ve been using AG for a while, and just got Jason HOOKED on it – they sent me the new vanilla chai and he had more than me!! :) So we placed a HUGE order yesterday and saved a BUNCH w/ your coupon – thanks :)

10 Amber K August 17, 2010

Those flowers are gorgeous! And that sandwich looks absolutely fabulous.

11 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 17, 2010

Awesome health food store!!! I could have a field day in a place like that :D

12 Allison August 17, 2010

What an amazing coincidence that you posted a photo of those mints (and THANK YOU), I had been looking for the name of the company during mini breaks at work this morning. They have an amazing coffee flavour that I can sporadically find at Winners, but have been craving.

13 melissa August 17, 2010

Gorgeous flowers! And gorgeous couple!

14 Callie August 17, 2010

That is such a beautiful dress! :)
Sounds like you’re having fun.

15 Faith @ lovelyascharged August 17, 2010

That juice looks absolutely delicious! I think I’ve not been hydrating enough either – so not good!

16 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day August 17, 2010

You guys are so sweet – just like that dried mango :) My purse has been known to have various pieces of fruit, bars, and sometimes condiments. And always a water bottle. I feel like I’m prepping for motherhood. (Which is by the way not for a few more years!)

17 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 17, 2010

The women’s room really DOES have the best view! The men’s room, however, not so much (or so I hear…).

18 Heather (Heather's Dish) August 17, 2010

the one of y’all kissing is too cute! i love the pictures…and your sandwich looks amazing!

19 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) August 17, 2010

You guys are too cute! I love all of the flowery pictures. :)

The women’s bathroom DOES have the best view ever!!! I tried to take pictures at night, but the reflection wouldn’t let me. The guys were jealous because their view sucks (apparently)! :)

20 Estela @ Weekly Bite August 17, 2010

Looks like you two are having a great time!!!

Enjoy!

21 Lana August 17, 2010

Wow, Kramers looks like a healthy haven!! I dream about opening up my own health food store and Kramers looks like a good role model. Note-to-self: I must visit it.
p.s. your kissing picture is adorable and I love that dress!!! where did you get it!?!?

22 Joslyn @ missfitbliss August 17, 2010

You really do glow! Such a fun morning!

23 Shanna, like Banana August 17, 2010

Love the kissy pic ;)

You will not be disappointed by the bathroom view..out the window that is!

24 Rachael @ Mrs-Adventure August 17, 2010

Wow what great photos, it looks like you guys are sure having fun!

25 Lindsay August 17, 2010

Ahh I miss Chicago so much. I have family there and it’s a wonderful place to visit. You should go to The Chicago Diner if you get a chance! It’s vegetarian, but the majority of the menu is vegan. Everything I’ve ever had there has been amazing and they have a cookbook with most of their recipes in it. You would love it!!

26 Beth @ Will Run for Books August 17, 2010

Okay so I didn’t even know about that place! I don’t think it is *too* far from my work – I definitely NEED to go. I’m glad you enjoyed chicago – email me soon about a Glo Bar/TJs trade ! :)

27 D August 17, 2010

Hey there,

I love your blog! I’m just wondering how you get past the whole tricky ‘not being allowed to bring consumables with you through customs thing’. Is it ok because it is wrapped? I love having familiar food with me when I am on the road and travelling.

Thanks!!

28 kilax August 17, 2010

Too funny that you went to Kramer’s! I go there to buy my vitamins and other yummy things, but have never eaten there since it has gotten such bad reviews online. Maybe I should give it a try.

I work really close to there, in the federal building with the orange flamingo in front.

29 Lisa (bakebikeblog) August 17, 2010

Talk about another fantastic day!! You guys both look so happy and relaxed :)

30 erica August 17, 2010

i LOOOOVE your dress!!!

i really need to start bringing healthy snacks on trips like you do!

31 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) August 17, 2010

what beautiful pictures with all of those flowers!
last time I was in Chicago we had brunch at the hancock tower but I never went in the bathroom to check out the view!

32 jamie @ jamelafamela August 17, 2010

You are making me fall in love with Chicago all over again! You are so great at taking pictures :) How amazing was that air and water show!?!

33 Jes (Self Motivation) August 17, 2010

You two are sooooo adorable! And I absolutely am in love with all the pictures you take… you have such a great eye for photography!

34 Krystina August 17, 2010

That picture of you and Eric kissing is precious. :)

35 Maddie August 17, 2010

Your dress is adorable! Where is it from?

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 17, 2010

tks! Its from Urban Outfitters :)

37 Jae August 17, 2010

You guys are WAY too cute :)

38 schmei August 17, 2010

I work four doors away from Kramer’s, and I popped in there at my lunch break to pick up some stuff… crazy that you were there! If I had bumped into you I probably would have acted like a nerd.

I’m glad you’re enjoying Chicago so much. I’ve lived here 10 years and still love exploring. If you’re in or around the South Loop tomorrow you should head to Selected Works bookstore (410 South Michigan, 2nd floor). My DH just picked up a couple of whole foods cookbooks for me there! Also: there’s a very sweet resident kitty cat who will help you find the right book.

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 17, 2010

hehe would have loved to bump into you!

40 Leanne August 17, 2010

Hmm…have you tried the dried bananas yet? Looks like you are having an amazing time

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 17, 2010

NOT YET but I bought some!!!

42 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 17, 2010

You definitely had the right idea in staying in Chicago for a few more days! There’s so much I’d have loved to see in the city. Glad you’ve enjoyed your trip and the weather has cooperated for you! Have a safe trip home :)

43 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 17, 2010

The picture of you two is so cute. You guys look so happy.

44 Nicci@NiftyEats August 17, 2010

Kramers looks like a great place to shop and eat. I think you did blend in with the pretty flowers. I will definitley be visiting Chicago again and staying longer.

45 christina cadden August 17, 2010

All your pictures are so great and I would be in heaven at that store!

46 Allison August 17, 2010

woman’s washroom with the best view? at least you can check it out! lol

47 Wei-Wei August 17, 2010

Kramer’s sounds awesome! Looks like you’re still having so much fun in Chicago! I’m jealous. :D

Wei-Wei

48 chelsey August 17, 2010

It was so beautiful outside today! I took the clouds and loved them. It made for such a pleasant day.

Your dress is absolutely stunning – I love it!

49 Caz Wheeler August 17, 2010

Your trip to Chicago looks amazing – totally want to go now.

Just to say about taking the Glo Bars to Paris…. can you do that? I know that countries are funny about taking food abroad – maybe look into before you go? I’d hate to have to see you throw out tonnes of Glo Bars.

Ooh also thanks for the Amazing foods coupon – want to get the Chocolate Superfood you put in your VOO so that will be a big help!

50 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 18, 2010

Kramer’s looks awesome! I bet you went crazy over that tea aisle. ;) I think I need to jot down all these places in Chicago so that I know where to go if I ever take a trip there.

51 Nic August 18, 2010

I love that you stayed in Chicago after the HLS, thanks for the tour of the Windy City! Your dress is adorable in this post!

52 Brittany August 18, 2010

I can’t believe they don’t have Trader Joe’s in Canada. It’s my absolute FAVORITE grocery store. (I’m actually planning a a trip for my lunch break today.) I love picking up new things in addition to my staples (Veggie hummus wrap, corn salsa, snappea crisps [a must try], and sundried tomatoes). Stock up!