Rooms ‘n Runs

Good morning!

My alarm went off after too little sleep. I opened my peepers and I had NO idea where I was for a split second! Always strange waking up in a hotel room.

In all the excitement last night, I forgot to show you pictures of the room. It’s very historic feeling. Very high ceilings and lots of thick baseboards and crown molding.

20100812IMG 5994 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

I think Kath described it best when she said it was like a college dorm room…just much bigger and nicer. (My dorm room was not very nice and very tiny!).

20100812IMG 5995 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

My desk blogging station!

20100812IMG 5996 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Very comfy bed. Once I was able to sleep (my mind swirled for about an hour), I slept like a baby! Eric was out like a light as usual. ;)

20100812IMG 5997 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Our views:

20100812IMG 5999 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

20100812IMG 6000 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Such a beautiful city!

20100812IMG 6002 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

I got up regrettably after too little sleep! I set the alarm until the last possible minute and quickly got ready for the group run. I inhaled a Run Glo Bar and filled my Camelbak!

Nice stash, eh?

20100812IMG 6006 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Pre-run snack was Run Glo Bar:

20100813IMG 6015 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Post-run snack was a juicy apple!

20100813IMG 6011 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

It was around 7:15 when we left and already very hot!

Running friends!

20100813IMG 1952 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

I’m not sure why I brought my music because I didn’t need it today. I guess just out of habit! We were all like zombies this morning from lack of sleep.

This quickly woke us up…

20100813IMG 1956 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Gorgeous!

We ran about 1.75 miles with the group and then they turned back for a tour they are going on. Freya and I continued on and completed about 7 miles in 1 hour.

20100813IMG 1955 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Freya came all the way from England! She is such a sweet English Rose. ;)

20100813IMG 1963 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

It was super hot, but we enjoyed each other’s company and the scenery! How could you not?

20100813IMG 1957 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

20100813IMG 1959 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

20100813IMG 1961 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

Glad I saw this because I was loosing steam around mile 6!!!

20100813IMG 1965 thumb   Rooms ‘n Runs

When I got back Eric was still having a wonderful sleep! I was a bit jealous, but very happy I ran those 7 miles.

We are meeting a group to go out and photograph the city and have brunch/lunch. Should be fun! I need to put LOTS an of sunscreen on as I think it is supposed to be over 100 degrees today.

Have a great Friday!

alexa @ Sohdalex August 13, 2010

These views are gorgeous! I can’t wait to see what goes on at the event ;)

Kristy at KristyRuns.com August 13, 2010

Looks like a great run. Have fun! :)

kelly August 13, 2010

I live in the suburbs of chicago and I’m sort of really jealous you get to spend so much time downtown in such great weather! I rarely get to go downtown and all of these pictures look so nice! Running along the lakefront must be awesome :)

Have fun at the event, I wish I could go!

Rachel August 13, 2010

I wish I were there!! What a pretty run!
BTW I love how you say the temperature in F now that you’re in the US :) You’re too cute

Jenn C August 13, 2010

Great pics of the city. Very beautiful. Can’t wait to read all about it.

Megan (Braise The Roof) August 13, 2010

Why oh why am I stuck at work today?? Can’t wait til tonight to meet you and everyone else that got in today! :)

Shanna, like Banana August 13, 2010

7 miles in Chicago humidity — power to ya! ;)

That bathroom is sooo tiny and not like most Chicago hotels :-/

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 13, 2010

Good job on that run. I wouldn’t have been able to do it. ANd you’re right. It is HOT in Chicago now. Everytime I walk outisde I feel like I’m in Florida or something. lol

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin August 13, 2010

I can’t wait to get there!!! The hotel looks awesome!

Jessica @ How Sweet August 13, 2010

Your hotel room is so nice!

Lisa August 13, 2010

That’s a pretty nice room with a great view!

When I went to Chicago a few summers ago, we were able to rent a dorm room at the local university. It was more than HALF the price of a hotel room and it had a kitchen. It was awesome.

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks August 13, 2010

You’re making me miss the Windy City! Although I have to admit, summers there are pretty miserable when it gets up in the 100s. Keep cool and stay hydrated, and have lots and lots of fun!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 13, 2010

Have a great day today!

I would have done the same thing: brought music and then realize that I don’t need it — I have running partners!

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 13, 2010

i’m the same way…sometimes all i want to do is sleep in, but getting that workout in makes a big difference in the rest of my day!

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf August 13, 2010

Geez, what colleges did you go to?? None of my dorms looked REMOTELY like that! Ours were tiny rooms with either plaster, cinderblock, or dark wood panelled walls. Completely devoid of character.

Marisa @ Loser for Life August 13, 2010

Great job on an early long run with little sleep! Chicago looks like fun!

Torey Jones August 13, 2010

Welcome to Chicago! Looks like you gals ran right where I do – wish I would have bumped into you all this morning.
P.S. I’m late to the party on this, but your banana soft serve is UNREAL. I finally made it this morning and was literally shocked that that is how a frozen banana turns out when whipped up. I’ll be writing a blog post all about and sending the credit your way, of course.
Have a great weekend in Chi-town!

emily August 13, 2010

Banana soft serve is yummy isnt it? just wanted to give credit where credit is due I believe Gena from choosing raw came up with that one. Angela is the genius who though to pair it with her vegan overnight oats. :)

Torey August 13, 2010

Ohhh, I see. Where can I find Gena’s blog? I will give credit to all parties – it is THAT GOOD. :-D

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 13, 2010

Whoa, is Freya the blogger who travelled the longest distance to the summit?

sarah August 13, 2010

I completely adore Chicago, and am so jealous reading your post. I cannot wait to go back there some day.

CathyK August 13, 2010

Enjoy Chicago and HLS, Angela! Can’t wait to read your updates!
Maybe the city and the run this morning will inspire you to do the marathon some day??!!!
haha – my husband can fall asleep any time, any place and very easily, too…so annoying!

Lindsay August 13, 2010

Ugh! I LOVE Chicago and seeing all these pics all over the blogosphere (did I for real just use that word…) is making me crazy!! Glad you’re all having a great time, though!! And good job getting in those miles…its a hot one today!

Little Bookworm August 13, 2010

Love all the photos and how great that you got to meet Freya. :)

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day August 13, 2010

Beautiful hotel room! Sleep is great, but that feeling after getting your long workout over first thing in the morning…incredible. Good for you :)

Sonja {ActiveFoodie} August 13, 2010

It looks like you girls are having so much fun! I have never been to Chicago but your run route looked beautiful. I wish I could be there to meet all of you lovely ladies! I think the hotel room looks charming :) Can’t wait to see what other shenanigans are in store!

Lauren M. August 13, 2010

Don’t you just LOVE running in new cities?? It’s so refreshing and I find that I can run with much more ease than normal. I have too much fun looking at the scenery around me to think about the physical state of my body.

P.S. I just devoured the pumpkin pie VOO with cinnamon-spiced banana soft serve. Layered it with walnuts, shredded coconut, and rice crisp. It was so good and I’m SO FULL. I think it’s going to get me through the treacherous work of writing my master’s thesis. Awesome.

jenna August 13, 2010

chicago looks wonderful! i hope you have a grea day exploring it! drink lots of h2o! ;)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 13, 2010

You are truly amazing for doing all of those miles after traveling and not a whole lot of sleep! Have fun today :D

Melissa August 13, 2010

I am blessed enough that I get to run lakeshore drive EVERY morning! Thank you for reminding me how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful city. After a while you start to take it for granted!

Enjoy your stay and if you have time try and make a stop at Karyn’s Cooked or Karyn’s on Green. Two amazing delicious vegan restaurants!!

Kacy August 13, 2010

I love running in new cities, the scenery makes it much more fun!

Kate August 13, 2010

Although I’ve only been once, I love Chicago… looks like you’re having a fun time! :)

tanyas daily August 13, 2010

it’s easy to run in the heat when you got a group to motivate you

Rachael @ Mrs-Adventure August 13, 2010

Looks like you are having a blast… I hope I can attend next year.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing August 13, 2010

What a great place to run! And Freya is the SWEETEST!

Joanna @ landanimal.wordpress.com August 13, 2010

Great pics as always. You ladies are too cute in your workout gear. Hope you all have a blast at the summit!

Brittany! August 13, 2010

I highly recommend you go to the chicago diner!!! OR Karyn’s raw, I’m sure you’ll love it. I live in Lincoln park and after trying out many vegetarian restaurants, those are definitely my favorites!

Jen August 13, 2010

Lady, you should check this place out:

I was in Chicago last week and wanted to try it….but didn’t get to. You should and tell me how it is!

christina cadden August 13, 2010

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Emily @ Run Emily Run August 13, 2010

Hooray for Navy Pier! If I ever go for an early run and get home to find my boyfriend still sleeping I always get the urge to run over and wake him up. Partly because I want company in the morning, but mostly because I’m so jealous!

Camille August 13, 2010

Sounds like a great run!
Freya is making me feel lame for not being able to come because it was too far… and I’m only from California! She is one devoted blogger!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies August 13, 2010

Looks absolutely amazing!! I’ve never been to Chicago but I’ve always wanted to go…this makes me want to go even more!

Page 1 of 212»