Believe

Good morning!

I was soooooooo excited for this cold & delicious breakfast this morning! I vowed that I would not have another VOO fail on my hands.

I made Peanut Butter Soft Serve which I am convinced is the best thing since sliced bread. If you haven’t added a spoonful of peanut butter to your Banana Soft Serve you must! It tastes like peanut butter ice cream, without all the processed junk.

IMG 1733 thumb   Believe

Today I made a bowl. Sometimes I just like plopping everything into a bowl and letting it melt and swirl all around. Mmmm.

IMG 1751 thumb   Believe

Be careful carrying it though…I was juggling this bowl, my SLR, and climbing onto the deck and the VOO almost went flying off the bowl! It is a slippery little devil…

IMG 17392 thumb   Believe

Peanut Butter Soft Serve & Cherry, Banana, Coconut Butter Bread Vegan Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

IMG 1740 thumb   Believe

This was one of my yummiest bowls yet! A cold & creamy delight.

IMG 1746 thumb   Believe

Believe

Recently, I received a really cool email from a reader that I wanted to share with you this morning (with her permission):

“Angela, You’ve made me realize that it’s okay to eat! It’s more important what you eat than how much. That has made so much sense to me. Although I’ve transitioned into a vegetarian over the last few years, I’ve dabbled into Vegan more seriously now. You make it seem fun! (Vegan…fun?! *Gasp*).
Please keep on writing.
I’ve just read your 9 part series on when you quit your job. Fantastic. It’s like I’m looking into a mirror.
Just a little story I want to tell you:
I live in South Africa. I recently started doing triathlons (cycling is the hardest for me).
We have 11 official languages here (crazy, I know). I only speak two: English and Afrikaans (Afrikaans is very, very close to Flemish/Dutch). Anyhow, when I was reading your story about your new career, you said you were playing with names – something like Glow but ended up using the word Glo.
In Afrikaans,
Glo means "Believe".
And that’s what you’ve made me do. "Believe" that I can be happy and follow my heart. And eat nutritious food without feeling deprived. Just thought that it was interesting.”

The word glow has always had a lot of personal significance for me, but now that I know that it means Believe in another language makes it even more meaningful!

Her email inspired me to write out a few things…

I Believe…

• I Believe if you have love in your life you are rich beyond your wildest dreams
  • I Believe that hard work and passion goes a long way
  • I Believe money won’t bring happiness
  • I Believe getting rid of the scale and not counting calories was the best thing I ever did for my health
  • I Believe sisters and mother/daughters share a bond that is only understood by each other
  • I Believe all living creatures on this earth are far more intelligent than we know
  • I Believe we have done irreparable damage to our earth
  • I Believe people say hurtful things out of fear
  • I Believe people weren’t meant to be stuck at a desk
  • I Believe that I think of the future when I should be living in the present
  • I Believe that everyone has a unique talent they can offer the world
  • I Believe my cat plots revenge
  • I Believe the truth always comes out
  • I Believe 99% of the things I worry about never happen
  • I Believe that people are attracted to confidence and not a certain size or shape
  • I Believe I am capable of much more than I think
  • I Believe that changing careers is much better than being miserable your entire life
  • I Believe loved ones are taken for granted
  • I Believe that half the things we ‘know’ to be true will be proved wrong in 10 years
  • I Believe that positivity breeds positivity
  • I Believe settling will always come back to haunt you
  • I Believe I need a hair cut
  • I Believe learning to love myself was my great victory of my twenties
  • I Believe that life is too short
  • I Believe in YOU

What do you believe?

And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
   – Abraham Lincoln

Jessica @ How Sweet July 7, 2010

I thinkg ‘believing’ in yourself is one of the most important things in life. It goes hand in hand with that quote by Henry Ford (that my hubby and I love) ‘Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right!’

Lindsay July 7, 2010

That’s always been one of my favorite quotes as well!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 7, 2010

I believe smiling brings happiness and not the other way around.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers July 7, 2010

I believe everything happens for a reason- it’s up to us to embrace it!

Rhea July 7, 2010

I believe in naps after the beach; showering after a long, sweaty run; eating ice cream on the couch; pushing yourself in all aspects of your life; watching the sunrise while eating cinnamon toast and consistently showing love to those around you.
And what an incredible email that was. Thank you for sharing!

Jen July 7, 2010

I believe that I am who I am, and that makes me happy! Some days I have to force myself to say that, but I do believe that it helps :)

Morgan @ Life After Bagels July 7, 2010

I believe that I am strong enough and smart enough to push my freelance career hard enough so that I can afford to quit my job and go back to school in January

(this is a very new revelation and goal for me and I can’t share it on my blog because I have many co workers that read it, so it feels good to say it here :) )

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini July 7, 2010

Oooh I’m going to have a think about this and do an “I believe” post later in the year.

Jenny July 7, 2010

I believe that if I set my mind to something that I can do it!

Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! July 7, 2010

What a beautiful post–it brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing this wonderful email, and thank you for inspiring so many of us to believe. I believe that health is a journey, and I have been fortunate enough to find my way back to it. What a great way to start the day–thank you so much!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 7, 2010

Ahh I LOVE this post! I believe that you should do what truly makes you happy, and that friends can bring more happiness than material possessions. Have a great day and thanks for the inspiration!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 7, 2010

First up – amazing oats!
2nd – beautiful post! I agree with a lot of your ‘believes’ but my main one is I believe in NO REGRETS. Everything happens for a reason, and of course, what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger! Wise words Kanye :P

Therese July 7, 2010

LOVE it!

I believe that we are the only person who holds us back and we are the only people that can make us excel!

Therese July 7, 2010

I made your Cherry, Banana, Coconut bread yesterday with about 3/4 cup blueberries since I didn’t have any cherries on hand. IT. IS. AMAZING! So moist and sweet with only 1/2 cup of sugar! My husband and I ate half the pan in one day and I had to put the rest in the freezer ;-)

Ange July 7, 2010

Wow – that is so great!!

I believe….that we see the world NOT as it is, but AS WE ARE. It’s so important to nurture our true self to really experience all that this life has to offer!

Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf July 7, 2010

I believe that your breakfast this morning resembles cake and ice cream. Yummm! ;)

Foxy July 7, 2010

As a South African reader (and Taurean “blog twin” who shares the birthdate of 16 May! ;), I must admit I never thought of the Afrikaans meaning, even though I read your blog everyday! But yes, “glo” does mean believe. Great blog Angela- keep inspiring us all over the world!

Mae July 7, 2010

This is awesome!

I Believe that surrounding yourself with positivity eliminates 90% or negative thoughts.

I Believe that when you set and work to a clear goal, no mater how goofy or difficult it is, you will either achieve it or achieve something even better.

I Believe support from friends, family, or co-workers, or even strangers can help you achieve your goals twice as fast.

I Believe money is meaningless if you surround yourself with friends you take care of and will take care of you.

I Believe generosity NEVER comes back to bite you.

I Believe in sanctuaries. When you’re at your stream or on your run you feel like nothing can bother you.

Lizzie July 7, 2010

I believe I also need a haircut!!! :)

Thanks for the challenge of writing out the list. I feel I’ve been going round in circles lately an maybe it’s because I haven’t really pinned down what I believe.

Also, you may have cajoled me (in a kind way of course!) to try VOO’s and I am definitely baking that bread!!!

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 7, 2010

That is a winning breakfast, it looks so delicious.

Stephanie July 7, 2010

Great post. I believe happiness is a choice.

Your I believe statement about your cat made me think of this: http://www.catswhothrowupgrass.com/kill.php

Nicole @ Making Good Choices July 7, 2010

Wow what an incredible email from that reader! You should be so proud how inspiring you are to others. I believe that you create your own happiness. I believe in laughing my heart out. I believe in cooking and baking from scratch.

Mary @ ferventfoodie July 7, 2010

I believe that I am capable of achieving great things (as long as I set my mind to it)!

I love this positive uplifting post! Thank you!

Mellissa July 7, 2010

I believe in having the constant urge to travel
I believe in being uber organized because it makes you happy
I believe that being healthy has a different definition to each person
I believe that you can never have too many friends

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies July 7, 2010

I believe that everything does truly work out in the end.
I believe that everyone takes different paths to their own successes.
I believe that no one can define success or failure but yourself.
Oh – and I believe that peanut butter soft-serve sounds freaking amazing!!

Inge July 7, 2010

Wow angela, great post, I love it,

greets from far away land –> Netherlands
Inge

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self July 7, 2010

I believe that we all need something to believe in. I believe that believing is – in and of itself – very powerful.

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 7, 2010

Thank you so much for an inspirational post this morning! :)

I believe that the way to happiness is surrounding myself with positive people and experiences, and never forgetting the wonderful things inside of me that make me who I am.

Nikki T July 7, 2010

I believe that nothing worth it is easy!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 7, 2010

I believe in fueling my body; I believe in listening to my body’s needs

Very inspiring post!

Danielle July 7, 2010

I LOVE this post! I agree with so many things in your “believe” list, just awesome!

My mother-in-law wrote that Lincoln quote in my birthday card this year :)

Casey July 7, 2010

Amazing post Angela!
I believe we are all more beautiful, gifted and special than we ever believe of ourselves. I also believe we each have a purpose which will contribute greatly to ourselves, our loved ones and to our planet should we allow ourselves to dream and on this purpose.
Thanks for a wonderful post!

Casey

Sarah July 7, 2010

You’re right- that peanut butter soft serve is incredibly delicious. I tried it a day or two ago and was impressed.

A few things I believe-
I will overcome emotional and otherwise overeating by my next birthday.
I will complete a yoga teacher program, and I will do it well.
I cannot say yes to everything and except to continue doing everything well.
I will continue to make lots of mistakes and some people will love me in spite of those mistakes.
I need to express more gratitude to those people.

Maria July 7, 2010

What a beautiful read to start off my morning. Thank you!

I believe that if I can’t change the not so great things in my life, I CAN change how I perceive them.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana July 7, 2010

Angela — one of your best posts yet! How inspirational. Clearly you are making an impact on the world and that is beautiful :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing July 7, 2010

Thank you for this beautiful post, it really got me thinking.
I believe that whatever goes around, comes back around. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe in living life to the fullest. And I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 7, 2010

peanut butter soft serve is the way to go…i love that and cocoa powder in mine!

I believe that life is to short to sit in a dead-end job just to pay the bills…and I believe that I need to take a chance!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman July 7, 2010

That was a beautiful letter. I believe that the suck happens for as much a reason as the good stuff does. I believe no one reaches their dreams by sitting around and wishing. And I believe that happiness is a choice.

Lauren (Lauren Loves Good Food) July 7, 2010

This post is AMAZING and these comments are just as inspiring. Kudos to you, Angela :D

kim July 7, 2010

glo baby glo!!! wooo hooo! beautiful post!
i believe that dancing with my ipod on makes my soul sing!

Tracey July 7, 2010

What an amazing email! I believe that you have to love yourself before you can feel the love of others. I believe confidence is beauty, not size.

Page 1 of 3123»