Chilly ‘Naner, Nib, and Nut Butter Sandwich

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 25, 2010

Happy Friday!

IMG_0471

I just couldn’t resist! :biggrin:

I told you last night that I discovered a fun post-workout treat. I decided to make a twist on the classic banana and nut butter ‘sandwich’.

I’m sure this snack is not new to many of you, but it was a first for me!

IMG_0498

Chilly ‘Naner, Nib, ‘n Nut Butter Sandwich

Ingredients:

• 1 banana, sliced along the length to create 2 halves
  • 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
  • Cacao nibs or chocolate chips for sprinkling

Directions: Slice banana along the length to create two halves. Spread with a layer of nut butter and sprinkle with cacao nibs. Assemble the banana back together by placing the halves onto each other. Pop into a container and place in the freezer for 1-4 hours, making sure not to allow it to completely freeze. Enjoy whole or by slicing into rounds, after a hot + sweaty workout!

IMG_0462

Mmmmm! Loved this after my run yesterday! It was so refreshing. The key is to not freeze it for too long. The goal here is cold, but not hard and frozen completely.

IMG_0496

The cacao nibs gave it a great texture too!

I started this morning with a fresh juice composed of 1 large beet, 2 carrots, 1/2 a lemon, small piece of ginger, and 1/2 a cuke:

IMG_0544

IMG_0553

Along with Japanese Sencha green tea

IMG_0556

I got to work making Glo Dough and Chocolate Macaroons for the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market tomorrow.

IMG_0563

IMG_0551

I am having fun experimenting in the kitchen with new goodies!

IMG_0561

The rest of the day will be devoted to making Glo Bars for tomorrow, paper work, and banking. I also need to call the government and find out how the new HST tax is going to effect my business.

Word on the street is that Eric is making me breakfast this morning so I am eagerly awaiting getting my tummy (haha I just wrote ‘yummy’!) filled.

Today’s question: What are your favourite desserts or treats, if you could have anything in the world?

I am a pretty classic girl…I love cupcakes or a slice of cake with tons of delicious piped, thick, frosting. I also love pumpkin pie, rich and moist banana bread, macaroons, soft ginger cookies, and cookie dough. Mmm, this just gave me a huge craving to make banana bread now!

I’ll see you later. Have a great Friday!

Paige June 25, 2010 at 8:39 am

Mmm, I love banana bread too! But if I see carrot cake on a menu anywhere, I have a very hard time resisting it.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 25, 2010 at 8:46 am

Carrot cake is so good…I had an amazing raw carrot cake at a restaurant called Live in TO, I should try to make one some day. It was craaaazy good.

Paige June 25, 2010 at 8:48 am

Wow, I bet! Sounds awesome.

Adrienne June 25, 2010 at 9:08 am

I live down the street from LIVE…I eat there like once a week!

Jessica @ How Sweet June 25, 2010 at 8:41 am

The macaroons look AMAZING!

I would have to go with cheesecake. Love it.

Kelly June 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

Oh wow, that banana looks amazing. I may have to try that!

Paige (Running Around Normal) June 25, 2010 at 8:44 am

Girl I give you props for making juices without any fruit (besides lemon)! I must have at least an apple or an orange in the mix to drink them.
Good luck baking today!
Favorite dessert would probably have to be a brownie sundae.

Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 25, 2010 at 11:49 am

I love that same juice recipe without fruit as well….I think it’s the bit of tartness that addsto it, although I tried my juice w/an apple and jicama last week and it was YUMMY GOOD!

Danielle June 25, 2010 at 8:44 am

Ah, the classic cold or frozen banana. So versatile!

As for favorite desserts…right now I am on a thumbprint cooke kick (also known as a birdsnest cookie), prowling the local bakeries looking for the perfect speciman. The problem is so many people make it more like shorbread with a splot of jam in the middle for show. No, this is wrong my friends! Ideally, it is of a nutty, substantial, faintly grainy texture, more sweet biscuit than typical cookie really. And it should have a nice well in the middle to hold all the jammy awesomeness. There’s a little hippie bakery about 5 miles away from my house that is totally worth cycling to when the urge hits hard. Otherwise, the Whole Foods near my house has a mouthwatering vegan version – if you see one in your travels, I highly recommend this marvelous cookie!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 25, 2010 at 8:48 am

hahah I love this comment! They should have LOTS of jam in the middle for sure. I need to make some!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

That was new to me when I met my husband. I never heard of bananas with pb and chocolate chips, but my father-in-law apparently made it all the time for Matt as a kid.
Yum :d

Courtney @ Three Months June 25, 2010 at 8:47 am

I absolutely adore ice cream! Topped with hot caramel sauce – divine!

Adrienne June 25, 2010 at 8:51 am

CARROT CAKE…hands down with copious amounts of cream cheese frosting….followed closely by those “No Pudge” brownie mixes (I eat half the batter before it makes it into the oven)…and of course Banana Bread!!

Leah @ L4L June 25, 2010 at 8:54 am

A warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream is hands down my favorite. Followed closely by tiramisu. But I don’t think I’ve ever met a dessert I didn’t like!

lizzie June 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

My favourite treat would have to be my mum’s Lemon Delicious pudding. Warm soft sponge like cake on top, yummy not too thick or think lemony sauce on the bottom. She made me one when I was home last week . . . now I am homesick just thinking about it!! SO good!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 25, 2010 at 9:08 am

ooooooh…key lime pie, tiramisu, and bread pudding…although anything with, you know, SUGAR, is pretty good :)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' June 25, 2010 at 9:13 am

Mmm… I like the same sort of desserts! A slice of moist cake with rich buttercream frosting, a soft oatmeal raisin or ginger cookie, banana bread (or pumpkin bread!), or a hot brownie topped with ice cream are at the top of my list. :D Okay, I shouldn’t think about this stuff so early in the morning!!

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 25, 2010 at 9:13 am

What a great banana idea!!!! That looks so yummy!

Sarah June 25, 2010 at 9:14 am

Oooh, I adore PB and banana sandwhiches but I never in a million years thought to semi freeze them first. You are so clever :) It’d be perfect during this hot and humid DC weather!

I love love love love love red velvet cake. One of my wedding cake tiers will be vegan red velvet cake. Uh oh, right now I’m seriously craving some red velvet action…

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 25, 2010 at 9:19 am

I would have to say that my all time favorite go to dessert is Cheesecake. Specifically Capuccino cheesecake, any coffee flavored cheese cake. Not too thick that you can’t enjoy the flavors and are smacking your tounge to try and swallow it. Just nice and moist and light that you can enjoy a full slice.

Bam June 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

Key Lime Pie. I cannot resist. I also just made a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart that was ah-mazing.

Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen June 25, 2010 at 9:22 am

I’m most definitely a cookie girl – classic chocolate chip are my fave, but I like ANY kind! Ginger, sugar with thick icing, oatmeal raisin, chocolate, wafer, shortbread, butter, sandwich with icing in the middle … they all make my heart beat fast!

Lauren June 25, 2010 at 9:24 am

Hmm, not a big dessert fan. Crazy, I know! I’m not into sweet stuff…or salty for that matter!! I love fresh and crisp! Not even a big fruit fan! Haha, well, when the mood strikes on a rare occasion I love ginger cookies or some dark chocolate, or hot almond milk mixed with black strap molasses and cinnamon. :)

Jamie @ Tearaveler June 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

Your pictures are gorgeous!

My favorite ‘treat’ is hands down a banana boat while camping (slice halfway through a banana, scoop out the top half of the naner, add pieces of chocolate, stuff with marshmellows – close as much of the peel around it as your can – wrap in tin foil and toss on the fire for awhile)… seriously, it is the best – ooey-gooey treat!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm

omg this sounds incredible!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs June 25, 2010 at 9:26 am

Oh. My. Days. @ that banana thing!! I definetly need to try that :D
I love a good old muffin – you can’t beat them!! Raw brownies are pretty good too, and reeaaaally good quality dark chocolate…food heaven:)

Beth @ DiningAndDishing June 25, 2010 at 9:30 am

I ADORE canolis…or a thick slice of chocolate cake. I am a huge dessert fan though, so let’s be honest, I kind of love everything :).

Michelle June 25, 2010 at 9:32 am

While I LOVE pumpkin pie and pecan pie, I can’t get enough fresh-made chocolate chip cookies and milk. And fresh, rich, fudgy brownies and milk. I like them both “medium rare.” Just lightly crisp on the outside and goooooey on the inside. Not crunchy. Not chewy. Gooooey! I wanna have to lick the melted chocolate off my fingers!

Therese June 25, 2010 at 9:34 am

I’m a HUGE fan of a smeared peanut butter banana before or after a run! So yummy yet so simple! LOVE the idea of the cacao nibs too!

I’m such a dessert freak, I’ll eat almost any dessert! Ha ha ha I LOVE cake, mostly I just eat the cake part first to get it out of the way and then savour the frosting. Also a ginormous cheesecake fan and dessert “bars”!

Oh…geez…look what you did to me…now I want dessert!!!

Cassie @ Tasteful Tales June 25, 2010 at 9:35 am

Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Cheesecake!!! And that Banana snack looks amazing! Never thought of adding in the nibs.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

Banana + PB is one of my favorite snacks, but adding the cacoa nibs in there is a stroke of genius!! Yum!

Marina June 25, 2010 at 9:42 am

That banana looks awesome :))
Hm, I would choose cookies and milk.
Or a huge muffin with tons of chocolate. Or some awesome cake with amazing custard. Yeah. I don’t eat enough of that stuff :D

Olivia @ Blissful Runner June 25, 2010 at 9:42 am

Any treats flavored with almond extract make me swoon and drool in equal measure. At our wedding we seved almond cookies during coctail hour and almond cake at the reception. One can never have too much almond goodness in my opinion! :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I too am a huge almond extract fan. It is downright ADDICTIVE in aroma/flavour.

geetha June 25, 2010 at 9:43 am

Hi Angela,
The PB & Nibs Naner looks good. You can try PB & J naners too..they taste awesome…they are my go to snacks, all the time. Maybe you should try it with your strawberry jam.
BTW, where do u get your lovely spoons from?…i always drool over them! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:46 pm

They are from Crate and Barrel :)

Kara @ MyWellnest June 25, 2010 at 9:43 am

Very creative banana/PB snack! Your pictures are always so beautiful!!!!
My favorite desserts are brownies & banana bread!

Erin at TheHealthyApron June 25, 2010 at 9:46 am

Carrot cake!! Or Brownies! but they have to be the REALLy sinful varieties…although cooking light has a pretty decent carrot cake recipe I’ve tried before. I am such a dessert girl! If I was a better baker, I would love to bake and sell desserts!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 25, 2010 at 9:48 am

I think your banana and nut butter sandwich might just become one of my favourite desserts! (although i doubt i’d find it on a menu anywhere!) i’m starting to think that the frozen banana might just be one of the most amazing fruits EVER!

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana June 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

The Glo balls look so delish!

My favorite treat: Pumpkin Pie! I eat at least 5 a year BY-MYSELF. Frightening I know ;)

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker June 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

Love the banana thing!!! We did something very similar a couple weeks ago, and it’s my new favorite dessert. Not quite as healthy as your version, but I can’t believe how much the banana tastes like ice cream when frozen! http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/06/frozen-banana-bites.html

Bethany @ Not Unless I'm Being Chased June 25, 2010 at 9:57 am

I’m definitely going to have to try the semi-frozen nanner treat. The temps are getting a little out of control in my area and I’m training for a marathon, so it’s not exactly like I can just skip my runs, heat or not! The banana rounds will cool me down, for sure.
On a side note, when I scrolled down to the picture of the juice, the angle of the photo made it look like the juice is sliding off the sill so my instinct was to jump forward to catch it! Ridiculous internet delusions! :) Happy Friday!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:47 pm

HHAHA thanks for trying to catch my juice! ;p

Saffity June 25, 2010 at 10:02 am

Angelfood cake is definitely my favourite, especially topped with homemade whipped cream and fruit! I’m ok with the boxed version but I like it best when made from scratch. I’m also known for nomming pumpkin pie and skor cheesecakes (when made fresh).

If I’m just looking for a snack though I’m more often found digging to the bottom of a chip bag than anything sweet.

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies June 25, 2010 at 10:02 am

Ohh – that banana looks amazing. PB and banana are just such a classic combo – and adding cacao nibs to it…nom! Also – I just love red velvet cake…or cupcakes. Or chocolate cupcakes with coconut frosting. mmm

LisaG June 25, 2010 at 10:03 am

I love anything dark chocolate: mousse,cheesecake, molton lava cakes etc.

Stefanie June 25, 2010 at 10:03 am

I like chocolate desserts. Most of the time I skip the cake and go straight for the chocolate bar (70%+ dark chocolate). I crave fruits more then baked goods though. Your chilled banana sandwich looks mighty tasty. :)

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life June 25, 2010 at 10:07 am

Creme Brulee! Or anything with carmel. :)

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life June 25, 2010 at 10:10 am

*caramel

Andrea @ Sweet N Green June 25, 2010 at 10:09 am

My favorite sweet treat will always be my mom’s chocolate chip cookies. Good thing I don’t live at home anymore, I could seriously eat an entire batch by myself! :-P

Kathryn June 25, 2010 at 10:11 am

I have 3:
Soft Ginger cookies from Peet’s coffee (not sure if it is big like starbucks but we have several here). They are big and vegan and OMG yummy.
I also love all of the citrus flavored dryers fruit pops, especially in the summer.
Last but not least, I found these the other day – almond milk ice cream bon bons – out of this world.

Peggy June 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Ohh my goodness where did you find the almond milk ice cream bon bons?! I almost fell out of my chair thinking about them…

Kathryn June 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm

OMG they are so tasty. They are made by Almond Dream (Soy Dream, Rice Dream). I get them in the health food section of a local Safeway. They are the only place I’ve seen them, but I haven’t looked at Whole Foods – I wouldn’t be surprised to see them there. Takes a lot of will power not to eat all of them at once!

Callie June 25, 2010 at 10:16 am

I’ve gotta try that banana sandwich. :)
Anything with chocolate is my love. Especially chocolate cupcakes with huge mounds of swirly frosting.

Claire June 25, 2010 at 10:27 am

I need some cacao nibs in my life now so I can make this and add them to my overnight oats…looks too good!

Dessert wise, I love vegan cookies like dreena’s super charge or walnut choc chip but I also love some vegan chocolate mousse pie from my candle cafe cookbook or a choc chip banana bread…mmm!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty June 25, 2010 at 10:27 am

My favorite treat (before dairy freeness) was oooozy caramel… I love caramel…….. glad I finally found a recipe for it!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! :)

Maya June 25, 2010 at 10:28 am

Ahh! Love the banana face. My favorite desserts are anything with custard. Banana cream pie, trifle, boston cream pie. So good. And a rich chocolate cake that requires cold milk (or almond milk!)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 25, 2010 at 10:30 am

I make that treat alllll the time and I call them Almond Butter Banana ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!!!!! It’s the little things in life, Ange :) hahaha

mary June 25, 2010 at 10:31 am

My fav desset is warm crem brule (spelling?)

Your bana face picture is SO funny Ange :D thanks for making me smile so early in the morning!!

Run Sarah June 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

I used to eat PB & banana as a pre or post workout snack all the time. I need to get on that again!

Meredith June 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

Ladurée Macaroons. They’re lovely and imaginative and they remind me of when my fiancé (then boyfriend) took me to Paris. Happy memories.

Karly (Becoming My Best Self) June 25, 2010 at 10:37 am

Ange, I’m so sad I’m missing the market tomorrow because those chocolate macaroons look AMAZING! Best of luck tomorrow! I’ll be there in spirit :)

[email protected] June 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

That nanner looks so good! What a great idea. My favorite dessert is frozen yogurt… I love good ol’ vanilla with a banana and maybe some choco or cookie pieces :-)

Michelle June 25, 2010 at 10:43 am

Angela! Guess what I found at the market today? Garlic scapes! I wouldn’t even know what they are if not for you :) I purchased a bunch and am going to go attempt a stirfry with them now, I’ll definitely be posting about these!

Evelyn @ cheers2healthy June 25, 2010 at 10:45 am

I like cookies, plain and simple. I like ’em better than cakes and cupcakes!

Sweetie Queen [email protected] Bees n Ink June 25, 2010 at 10:46 am

I had a fruit tart I bought in a Paris bakery once. I’d like another one of those!

Wei-Wei June 25, 2010 at 10:48 am

It actually sounds like a better PRE-workout snack to me! Sounds reeally delicious :D

My favourite desserts… I can’t say I would be able to decide, actually. I love ALL desserts and when faced with a decision… I just don’t know! I’d go along with the crowd I guess ;)

Wei-Wei

Amber K June 25, 2010 at 10:49 am

I love ice cream in its many flavors and forms.

That banana treat sounds tasty, I wonder how filling it would be though. Doesn’t seem like it would be enough protein to refuel after working out!

Alicia June 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

Chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies with a tall glass of milk…mmmmmm. I am also a huge fan of my homemade dark chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting…holy goodness!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

I’ve seen something a lot like that before…they were called “banana hammocks” -hahaha! My favorite dessert are muffins smeared with peanut butter. Or anything smeared with peanut butter for that matter ;)

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

I am having my garden fresh basil with my lunch right now. OMG! It’s so fresh. I’ve never tasted basil with this much flavor. Good luck with your basil growing.

I’ve also been making NB & banana sammies throughout the week this week. Had 2, just the banana sliced down the middle with almond butter between. Eaten just like a sandwich. So delish!

Amy June 25, 2010 at 11:11 am

Those bananas look deeelish…
I love love love carrot cake but my own never really turns out. Im lactose intolerant, do you know of a good recipe??

Lexi June 25, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I have my Mom’s recipe, which I consider to be UTTERLY divine. The original recipe has eggs in it, but I’m working to elimate them now so the cake will be vegan.

The cake itself is lactose free, and the frosting could be made dairy free by substituting dairy free butter (i.e. Nucoa or Earth Balance) and dairy free cream cheese (i.e. Tofutti).

If you, or anyone else for that matter, is interested, I’d be happy to post the recipe on my blog.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:49 pm

No I don’t but I should try making one!

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey June 25, 2010 at 11:42 am

No way, my breakfast this morning consisted of those EXACT same ingredients + tofu! I’m posting about it soon. How cool. :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 25, 2010 at 11:50 am

I’ve seen that snack around blogs before and I’ve always wanted to try it! Chocolate + nut butter + banana is the BEST combo!

I’m a banana bread girl, all the way.

Bridget June 25, 2010 at 11:52 am

I’ve got a thing for cheesecake, carrot cake, and gelato! I pretty much like anything sweet actually :D

I hope the HST doesn’t affect your bakery much :s I’m sure you’ll be okay. Meh, I’m not looking forward to that tax….

Mary June 25, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Those bananas look soooo goood! I don’t think I’ve ever had a cacao nib before!

Jess @ MTL Veggie June 25, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I never thought to chill the banana before- makes sense though. I could see maple syrup working really well with that combo :)
I’m not a huge desserts person, I find they can be too heavy but I love lemon-y desserts, Lemon Meringue pie especially! I also love strawberry short cake, actually any dessert with strawberries is good in my books :)

Jenna June 25, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I love your little face place!! Ava, my little monkey, would get such a kick out of it!

fav dessert: by far carrotcake, cheese cake or CAKE! :)

Anne June 25, 2010 at 12:13 pm

That ‘nana looks deeeelish! I’ll have to try it after my next run.

I can resist pretty much any kind of dessert, except CAKE. Chocolate cake, cheesecake, red velvet cake, ooey-gooey birthday cake slathered in rich frosting – you name it, I <3 it. My favorite, though, is the pound cake I make every Christmas. The recipe was my great-great aunt's, and I have fond memories of helping my grandmother make it when I was a little girl :)

Traithlonbabe aka Grace June 25, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Dark Chocolate Truffles, chocolate brownie sundae and anything pretty much dark chocolate. I also love Creme Brulee especially from this little Irish Pub my hubby and I enjoy going to every now and then. I’m hoping to find some of those nibs you always post about.

The banana & PB is usually my pre-run meal, especially a long run but with long runs I always add Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin english muffin.

Kristin June 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Dark chocolate….or cookies – usually plain old Tollhouse choc. chip, but lately we’ve found variations that are even better (101 Cookbook’s Itsy bitsy, Jungle Jack Hannah’s healthier version)

I’m easy!

Amélie June 25, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Hi Angela,

I have been reading your blog for quite a while now and it is truly inspirational. I have a silly question. Do you juice your beets raw? What brand is your juicer? Beets are quite hard, it must require one beast of a juicer, no?
My fave dessert would be ice cream! Haagen-Daz dulce de leche! There is also a great creamery here in Montreal that makes a kick ass burnt maple caramel one! mmm!

Kristin (Salty Tooth) June 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Haha, love the dish with the banana!

Michelle (Life, With Relish) June 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm

When I really want a treat, I’ll go for a banana split with frozen yogurt, crushed pineapple and fresh bananas… although next time I think I’ll try your banana sandwich– looks delicious!

Emily June 25, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I love dairy based desserts like creme brulee or coconut cream pie, but sadly have issues with dairy. As such my dessert is usually just some wine. I have made little chocolate bites with coconut oil etc, but never on a routine basis.

bitt June 25, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I have banana and almond butter and nibs quite often but never thought of freezing it a bit. I will have to try that on a hot day.

My favorite dessert is anything goey with chocolate. I love raw desserts especially–little balls or luscious cheesecakes.

Miriam June 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I feel like driving 7 hours to go to your farmer market just to have a taste of those chocolate macaroons of yours!! :) Have a wonderful week end!!

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged June 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I can’t choose a favorite dessert. It’s like making me choose a favorite child. Actually, harder, because as much as I hate to admit it, I do have several favorite students that have me completely wrapped around their fingers. Desserts, though, I can’t choose. Zeppolis…anything with chocolate…ooh, or cheesecake with fresh fruit! I really want to work on a good vegan cheesecake, though!

Lexi June 25, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Susan @ FatFree Vegan Kitchen has absolutely divine cheesecake recipes using silken tofu :)

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy June 25, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I’m with you — cake with lots and lots of icing is my very favorite treat! Yum!

Alycia @ Fit n Fresh June 25, 2010 at 3:14 pm

My favorite dessert would probably be chocolate chip vanilla ice cream – as simple as it sounds, it is SO HARD to find!! People are always adding things to it or using different flavored ice creams. Breaks my heart lol

jayme (cars&carbs) June 25, 2010 at 3:17 pm

i love banana sammiches!
i usually call them nanner boats or nanner hammocks, but nanner sammich makes it in there sometimes. it makes a great pre-run snack, regardless of what it’s called that day.
and i have a HUGE sweet tooth. i think brownies are one of my favourite sweets, but cookies are easily my favourite thing to bake.

Gypsy June 25, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Well, my new favorite GUILT-FREE dessert is banana soft serve since you’ve introduced it to me – toppings optional :)

My favorite bad for you dessert is hands-down chocolate souffle cake that is warm and has the melted chocolate center. Just recently I had one at a restaurant that was made in an individual serving bowl fresh and hot from the oven with a toasted marshmellow top!! unbelievable…

And surprising to most people more than regular chocolate chip cookies (with butter/milk) I am totally addicted to these barley sweetened malt chocolate chip cookies from a LA bakery called Manis. I only allow myself to get one once every couple months….so good….

Lizz @ Leading the Good Life June 25, 2010 at 4:17 pm

That’s a good idea to slice the banana and eat it with a fork. I imagine it’d get pretty messy otherwise!

Laura (youngDCliving) June 25, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Ooh! Such a fun post–great pictures, it’s definitely making me hungry. I love my mom’s sponge roll cake filled with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and other berries. Yummm

Lindsey June 25, 2010 at 4:35 pm

If they do freeze too much, just use the pieces to make a banana soft-serve! The soft-serve is sooooo good when made with peanut butter :)

Carolyn (mealsandmiles.wordpress.com) June 25, 2010 at 4:51 pm

That looks so delicious! Do you find cocoa nibs sometimes taste a bit burnt? I love the crunch but can’t get used to the taste!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm

They are very bitter…that is why I find they are best paired with a sweet food (like banana soft serve)

Allison @ Food For Healing June 25, 2010 at 5:05 pm

i absolutely LOVE pie, saskatoon berry, apple or pumpkin pie are my favourite. I also love macaroons. Also cheesecake. I don’t eat much of that stuff which is probably a good thing, but i indulge every now and again

Sabina June 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm

My favorite dessert…. honestly… fresh, in-season berries (rasp, blue, black, straw). out of season, chocolate ice cream. :-D

Jessica Sinclair June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm

My favorite desserts are blueberry cheesecake, banana bread(no nuts), and…. anything chocolate

[email protected]'s Going The Distance June 25, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Oh wow that banana sandwich looks AWESOME :)

My fav dessert as of late HAS to be frozen yogurt. It’s ridiculous how addicting it is!!!

Cara June 25, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Without a doubt I would have to say cheesecake!
Any flavour will do, they are all AMAZING!

alyne June 25, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Did no one say NUTELLA?! for real?!
I LOVE NUTELLA.
glorious, glorious creation.
Thanks, Europe <333

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm

This entire post is mouth watering! I started my day with a room temp banana and p.nut buttah : )

Kelly June 25, 2010 at 9:58 pm

I pretty much like anything with icing or ice cream. Coconut macaroons are a favorite also, as well as molten lava cake any kind of fruit cobbler or fruit pie a la mode. Yum!

Ed June 26, 2010 at 1:23 am

I can’t wait to a chilly banana sandwich!
Fave dessert: creme brulee, whether making it myself (I actually own a small torch for doing the top) or ordering it. :) *scrumptious*

gail June 28, 2010 at 8:26 am

Here is a great recipe for PB Banana “ice cream”
1 frozen banana
1 T peanut butter
1 T honey
Process for a few minutes in a food processor, it turns out like creamy banana ice cream. Yummy!

myhousemd July 7, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I just want to say that I made the cold banana snack with peanut butter and cinnamon, and I am addicted!! I don’t even need ice cream or cake! When I crave something sweet and decadent, I put this baby together. It works like a charm! The only trouble is trying to keep it to one a day! (So I can keep some variety in my diet.)