Toronto G20 Summit

Another morning, another VOO!

IMG_0305

Today was PB + J Vegan overnight oats. I don’t know about you, but I have loved the PB and J combo since I was a little girl. It never gets old.

IMG_0313

Peanut Butter & Jam Vegan Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1.25 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal Powder (or sweetener)
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve– for layering (1 tbsp peanut butter + 1 frozen banana, processed)
  • Jam- for layering (I made my homemade cherry jam)

Directions: Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients and whisk. Place in fridge overnight or for 1-2 hours depending on how soon you need to FEED the VOO monsta! Layer the PB Soft Serve, jam, and the VOO in a glass and top with cacao nibs and cherries, or whatever tickles your fancy.

IMG_0298

I made my homemade cherry jam for layering and made a thick layer of it in the middle.

IMG_0287

Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve is AMAZING!!! Thank you to all of you who suggested it…it truly is like some sort of peanut butter ice cream! Crazy.

IMG_0299

I actually used whole flax seeds in replacement for the chia seeds in this batch because I didn’t have any chia nearby so I just threw the flax seeds in. You can see the flax seeds floating in the top of the dish. I did not like whole flax in the VOO…it made it really slimy (more slimier than usual!). I’m sure ground flax would be a much better consistency. However, I was surprised that the flax seed did seem to make it thick similar to the chia seeds. It was a different texture, but still quite thick. I will still be using chia seeds and I will probably also try ground flax too. I think ground flax would work much better than whole flax.

IMG_0301 IMG_0300

This was deeeeeeeeeeeeelish. Of course.

IMG_0308

G20 Summit

As you have probably heard all over the news, the G20 Summit is this weekend in Toronto. In preparation for the summit, the government has poured over $1-billion into security provisions. Yes, $1-Billion with a BEE! :ermm:

The police have created a Yellow Zone or Security Zone surrounding the Metro Convention Centre where the meetings will take place. This week they will be putting up a huge $5.5 million fence around the perimeter of the security zone.

map

Eric works very close to the security zone and he said all week there have been tons of police on ATV’s, horseback, on bikes…just covering the city. There will be an estimated 10,000 uniformed officers and 1,000 private security guards around the area.

[Image source]

Each building has one or more security guards in front of each entrance. The police have also been going into parking garages and checking cars for bombs. It seems like it is going to be a pretty tense weekend in the city and many people fear for some type of attack during the summit.

police-exercise1_595621gm-a

[image source]

All of this preparation for the summit has left many of us asking why the government didn’t hold the summit in a remote area of Canada (there are many to choose from!) where they would not have to protect millions of people as they have to in the downtown core of Toronto. It just seems like they are putting citizens at unwarranted risk, and spending a ton of tax payer’s money in the process.

Many workplaces downtown Toronto have asked their employees to work from home this week due to safety concerns. There are protests going on this week and traffic headaches as a result.

The 5-miler race that I want to run is tonight downtown Toronto along Lakeshore (West of the Security Zone though), so hopefully I won’t incur too much traffic when I drive into Toronto for the race, although they did warn us about delays. The weather channel has Southern Ontario under a severe thunderstorm watch, so if that is the case I won’t be making the drive into the city at all. I am just going to play it by ear and decide later this afternoon I guess.

Today’s questions: Do you keep up on local, national, and/or world news? Where do you go to get your news? Have you been following the G20-Summit news?

I am a huge news junkie…every day in the bakery I listen to my favourite talk radio station called Newstalk 1010 in Toronto and I get caught up on local and non-local news while I work. Eric always teases me because I listen to it everyday and I am always talking about it!  I also check a few newspapers online like the Globe and Mail, Huffington Post, and occasionally the National Post.

Have a great day!

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 23, 2010

I like the Globe and Mail over the NP, although the NP seems a bit dumbed-down.

…NP’s also more right-wing than my own views.

(what does that say about conservatives, eh?)

2 Jessica @ How Sweet June 23, 2010

We had the G20 in Pittsburgh a few months ago. My husband also works in town close to where it was, and it was just a nightmare, security and everything. I am not a news junkie but I do like to know whats happening – I get most of mine from websites. We don’t get a newspaper because neither of us has time to read it!

3 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 23, 2010

The PB&J combo just NEVER gets old… and I SO have to try the pb soft serve!

4 Kara @ MyWellnest June 23, 2010

Wow, that’s intense! I get most of my new from all sorts of websites. I love morning talk radio too :-)

5 Marina June 23, 2010

Your breakfasts always look so delicious, it’s amazing, where do you come up with all these combos? :)
I can’t wait to try and make this

6 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 23, 2010

oh my, how i love VOO! i’m making the pb&j version asap too!

7 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 23, 2010

Why that sounds intense and I agree with you about having it in a remote area.

8 Maria June 23, 2010

on flax seeds, i read that if u don’t grind them your body is unable to absorb any of nutrients because of the tough outer shell. thought you’d want to know….and confirm for yourself if its just crazy talk.

9 Ellen June 23, 2010

The G-20 was in Pittsburgh in the fall and I work and live near that area. There was lots of security, but I have to say it was fairly anticlimactic based on what they thought would happen and what did. I worked from home the first day and decided to go in the next and the city was a ghost town. Fastest commute I had all year, so I wouldn’t worry too much about the chaos. It might be different for your city, but I think so many people avoided the downtown area that if you did have to go it wasn’t bad at all!

Also I’ve been reading for awhile, but never post. Just want to say love the blog and I send it to anyone I know who is vegan or vegetarian when they need some new food ideas!

10 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 23, 2010

Wow, that is crazy…what a hassle! I can see why people would be pissed off about it.

I’m not a huge news junkie, but I do usually watch CNN at the gym.

11 Therese June 23, 2010

The Globe & Mail website is my homepage! Ha!

Living in Toronto this G20 has been a HUGE pain and I have several friends who work downtown, one at Queen’s Park itself and it’s crazy! My one friends law office was told to dress in street clothes all week so that they’d “blend in” with the protestors as she works in a bank tower. I agree with you, this was needless, how much land does Canada have that we had to have it smack dab in the middle of Toronto wasting BILLIONS of dollars?!

Thankfully I have to leave the city this weekend for a wedding, I don’t want to be here at all!

12 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs June 23, 2010

LOVE your breakfast! I did a version of your chocolate VOO today – SO goood!!! And with banana soft serve…thankyou to introducing me to such an AMAZING thing!
I don’t really follow the G20 stuff – I read a national newspaper to get the world news, but that isn’t something in particular that I follow :s it sounds intense though!

13 Lizzie June 23, 2010

Currently living outside my home country, I read a fair amount of news sites from there, from where my dad grew up, and from my current residence, the USA. I love it b/c I can keep up with things that are going on at home and not feel too left out (what happened before the internet??). Though my dad is great at sending clippings from my hometown newspaper. I also like NPR (they have a great iPhone app where you can read and/or listen to their reports). One thing I do notice is the timing and initial content of a major event. If something happens in the US and I read about it in a home country newspaper, there’s usually a difference in facts and when they are reported. Sometimes I read about something (usually minor) in a home newspaper, that I already read about 2 days ago on a US based site. It’s great that we have a lot of choice, but even with my fave sites I’m learning not to take things at face value.

I was not aware of the G20 summit, but just got off 36 hours of straight international and domestic travel, and am a bit out of it, so that’s my excuse! :) Thanks for keeping me updated . . maybe you should be running an OSG newswire! :)

14 Helena June 23, 2010

Hi! :)

I’m Helena from Portugal. I follow your blog everyday but I never commented, you’re an inspiration for someone like me who wants to live healthily, really!

Today I made your 50 cent Hummus (I also add nutmeg, it was great) and I would like to know for how many days can I keep it in the fridge?

I made it with 260g (about 1,5 cup) of chickpeas, so I have hummus for like 15 times and as I am the only person in my house that eats these type of things (aka healthily) (I’m 20 so I still live with my parents), do you know any recipe that can integrate hummus in a way that my parents cannot really tell it is there?

15 Cristal June 23, 2010

Hi Ange,

My husband and I were just in Toronto this weekend for a baseball game and it was CRAZY downtown. Driving into Toronto was a mess as well as driving out of Toronto. Fortunately we walked everywhere we went, but the traffic and crowds were unbelievable. I’m from a small town and was blown away by the busyness of the city. It was interesting to see them preparing for the G20 Summit. By the time we left, they had most of the fences up and there were police everywhere. I agree with you that they should have chosen a more secluded area for the summit.

16 JENNA June 23, 2010

mmmm..this combo looks great!

I just tried your vegan overnight oats and your soft serve :) it was amazing !! check out my blog for pix :)

17 Roberta Salvador June 23, 2010

Love seeing my hard earned money wasted on this G20. Really with all the technology we have they could Skype from there offices. Save us all money and time. Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, 680 news, CP24 and City TV are my go to news sites. Love seeing who puts up news the fastest.

18 Kristina June 23, 2010

I listen to the morning news on television feed via internet each morning, even though much of it is not good :(

I love Huffington Post, it’s my homepage! :)

Great idea – have the G20 in a remote area!

19 Kris June 23, 2010

That is absolutely nuts! Stay safe this weekend!!!

I use to listen to CFRB 1010 all the time!!! I wonder if I can get it online?

20 AngelaOSG June 23, 2010

Yup you can listen live here! http://www.newstalk1010.com/player/player

some of their comments crack me up.

21 Raylene June 23, 2010

I always use ground flax seed in my VOO since chia seeds are a little bit expensive for me and I stock ground flax seed for other things anyway. It does get really thick, and the flax doesn’t float to the top. This week has been the week of pumpkin pie voo.

22 AngelaOSG June 23, 2010

Thanks for verifying about the ground flax! Will try this soon :) I know what you mean about chia seeds being $$$ thankfully I buy chia seeds by the 50 pound pails so it works out to being cheaper haha.

23 Sweetie Queen Elbi June 23, 2010

Oh, yes!! I follow CNN, MSN and Yahoo news on-line while I work during the day. I cannot stand being ignorant of what’s hapening.

Although, I do admit to having read 0 about the gulf oil spill, mainly because I truly cannot tolerate the horrible photos of the animals.

24 AngelaOSG June 23, 2010

I know what you mean…I was following the oil spill at the beginning and it got to be so upsetting to read about.

25 Sara June 23, 2010

My sister said things are crazy in Toronto right now. My mom went up on the train yesterday; she had to go a few days earlier than she planned due to the summit and rerouting of trains. My brother-in-law works downtown and may not be able to go in on Friday. He (like other small business owners) is pretty pissed about the impact this will have on his business.

I’m also a news junkie. It’s one reason I finally got a BlackBerry: We were no longer able to use the Internet at work, and I hate not knowing what’s going on in the world! (That and for blog reading, of course!)

26 Claire June 23, 2010

Those VOO look especially delicious! I love cherries so much so I am sure it was delicious with the jam and pb soft serve too.

News-wise I mostly read the NY Times (print when I visit my family and online other times). I do read other sources online sometimes but we don’t watch tv at all..so I rarely watch news on it. I love NPR though.

27 Emily June 23, 2010

I’m more of a celebrity news junkie (E! News anyone?) but in the morning I always watch the Today Show while eating breakfast…just to “catch up” with the world.

28 jassy June 23, 2010

sometimes i am…but i’d rather read blogs and be inspired…:)

29 Bec June 23, 2010

My sister is heading into TO today to do some condo shopping for a week, hopefully she doesnt have too many issues. Good luck on your race :)

30 Jaya June 23, 2010

I am definitely a news junkie. I always have CBC Radio 1 going in the background. My sister was a journalist for a time and my parents have always been huge advocates of education and awareness about world/social issues, so the news (NYTimes, The Guardian, etc) is a very regular part of everyday life for us! I also second Claire’s mention of NPR. I love “Wait wait don’t tell me” and I do catch Charlie Rose for great, current interviews whenever possible.
As for the summit, I just hope that the focus on security detail doesn’t overshadow the action/inaction that results from the summit itself.

31 Amber K June 23, 2010

I do watch the news and try to keep up on it, but my husband usually watches and reads EVERYTHING in the morning so if I ever want to know what’s going on, I just ask him!

I wish my body could handle and digest flax and chia seeds! They seem to make your VOO better and pretty! But I have had too many painful experiences with both that I’m staying away!

32 Emily June 23, 2010

I can’t believe I still haven’t tried banana soft serve. I do have a freezer full of bananas…

I used to live in DC and worked in the “hot zone”, right across the street from the White House. The motorcades would go right past my office window everyday. If you got caught outside the building when the president’s motorcade was coming/going, you had to freeze! Can’t even walk down the sidewalk when it’s going past.

I’m an NPR junkie. I get teased for that too :)

33 Camille June 23, 2010

Holy cow! Talk about inconvenient for residents :)

34 Samantha Bertolone June 23, 2010

Hey Angela!
Just wanted to let you know that I use ground flaxseed in my VOO and it is incredible! It really thickens them up and adds a nutty flavour :)
Thank you for all the great posts and recipes! I really enjoy your website :)

-Sam

35 Ashley June 23, 2010

The ground flax meal works SO well. I made scottish overnight oats the other day with 1T of the ground flax and whoa, was it thick! Definitely obsessed with the peanut butter banana soft serve too! Dang those photos of the VOO are good!! Can I come over for a lesson!? I have natural light in my house, where I take all of my b-fast photos…but forget to actually go OUTside! They always turn out even better!

36 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 23, 2010

As Toronto news is so readily avaiable I enjoy listening to the local Oshawa country radio station. They offer a lot of Eastern Durham news on the radio. However because of a certain someone close to me’s involvement in the G20, as of this AM I am no longer even listening to the radio news. No news for me during the G20. Any music is coming in from my Ipod. I am in a current state of News Oblivion until at least the 29th. Not even checking out anything from the Internet say yahoo. Nadda.

37 Alicia June 23, 2010

So this has nothing to do with your post today but thought that this would make you smile…I go to a spin class on Tuesdays and my spin instructor tells us half way through every class, “You are stronger than you think.” and each and every time it makes me think of you and push!

38 Karly (Becoming My Best Self) June 23, 2010

Hi Angela,
As I read your post I am currently in my office tower in the middle of Toronto’s downtown core. Its been quite a day so far. I usually take the subway to my office but the subway was shut down due to a “suspicious package”that was found at one of the subway stations. So instead I walked to work through the “fortress” that has become the downtown core. High fences, security and police EVERYWHERE!! We now have to show ID and our pass cards before we are allowed in the building. Let’s hope I get out of here in one piece today :)

39 Sara June 23, 2010

I’m a news addict! I listen to NPR constantly, my boyfriend kinda hates it. And I feel bad for him a little bit because if he tries to bring up a subject to discuss in a “did you hear about this?” sort of way, I always HAVE and know MORE about it than he does so he’s never got the upper hand! lol

40 Kelsey June 23, 2010

I’m a news junkie too…before I go to work I have to watch the morning news and check out the weather channel. I usually read my local newspaper and also the Globe and Mail or Toronto Star every day as well. If I don’t, I feel like I might miss something!

41 Adrienne June 23, 2010

As someone who lives and works in downtown Toronto, I am despising this whole G20 thing, which is basically a billion dollar photo op where the leaders will stand around, talk a bit, and generally solve nothing…bah.
IMAGINE, what other things that money could have been used for…don’t get me started on that “fake lake” business :-)

Oh, and I finally had VOO for the first time this morning with raspberry puree, agave syrup, tons of cinnamon, fresh blueberries, ground flax (no slime) and a huge glob of almond butter and it was the SHIZZY. Thank you for brining VOO into my life! Haha..

42 Wei-Wei June 23, 2010

I’ve never tried flaxseed OR chia seeds! :( I suspect they’d be expensive though, here in China, and probably only available in health stores :( Ah well, I can always use yogurt? :P

Being a teenager, I’m probably one of the majority – I’m pretty much clueless about world news. I want to change that, though… would you have any ideas for a “training” program to “get to know” the world? ;)

Wei-Wei

43 Liz June 23, 2010

lol, I grew up with my parents constantly listening to NewsTalk 1010 and I definitely have a secret love for it now! My boyfriend thinks I am a big dork.

I work at the University of Toronto and the school is basically locked down for the next 4 days (access cards that normally work on weekends will not work and you need special permission to access buildings). It’s pretty frustrating because we are not even close to the actual convention site but we are right next to the official protest site. I have access because my research is time sensitive so we will see how crazy things are!

44 Allison June 23, 2010

Are those Canadian police?? Shouldn’t they be on horses and wearing fancy hats??? ;p

45 Meredith June 23, 2010

My M.A. is in political science, so keeping up with the news comes with the territory. I much prefer newspapers to any other source. It’s the least sensationalist.

I find that the National Post and the Globe and Mail are nearly indistinguishable, aside from the editorial page. I like the New York Times for international news and I also read the Financial Times from the UK.

46 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 23, 2010

I work in midtown Toronto and I’m curious what my commute will be like tomorrow and Friday (I take the subway from the east end). I am hoping everything will be empty and I’ll score a seat! In all likelihood, it will probably me more annoying and crowded than usual. I’m also driving on the 404 on Saturday and am worried about these “rolling closures” I have heard about. I hate traffic, I hate summer traffic, and I especially hate summer traffic caused by a ruckus! Yes, that’s right, I said ruckus! ;)

All of this is to say that I agree with you — who chose Toronto for this event?

47 sassy molassy June 23, 2010

I haven’t been following the summit but I’ll have to check it out online. And BTW, due to your gorgeous VOO photos, I must buy cocoa nibs. They just look amazing!

48 TorontoGirloutWest June 23, 2010

That’s what they’ve turned my beloved Toronto into!?!?!?!? :( That breaks my heart.

49 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 23, 2010

I’ll admit it, I’m terrible at staying on top of news. Between school, friends, working out, and blogging, there just doesn’t seem to be time! I should start watching the news at the gym in the mornings instead of the Tyra Show. :P

50 ayla June 23, 2010

The daily show! Im kidding- I do watch it, but no, CNN, NPR, BBC, the huffington post.
On another note, Im so happy for your success with the glow bars!!! Im going to order a case and send them out to my friend before her cross country drive/ move.

51 Leah June 23, 2010

Im starting to get more interested in the news as I get older. I read the paper every day, and even have it as one of the feeds in my email. I like knowing whats going on, and being able to actually contribute to the conversations other people are having.

52 ally June 23, 2010

I work at a law firm in Toronto in one of the big bank buildings… but so far I’ve had NO issues. We were told to dress casual this week and the office is closed Friday, but that’s pretty much it. Other then the police everywhere and the fences I haven’t noticed it being any more crazy down here then it is usually, at least in my area.

I did however start a fire in my office kitchen this morning, which will probably be the most excitement I’ll have all week!

53 AngelaOSG June 23, 2010

That is interesting to hear about your experiences downtown! I have heard a few mixed things from ppl working downtown…I guess it just depends on your perspective more than anything.

ur kitchen experiences sound like me! I am always having catastrophes in the kitchen. Have you ever spilled a bag of chia seeds? I do not wish that on my worst enemy…lol.

54 Mary Ann June 23, 2010

I had the pleasure of actually staying in the same hotel as the G8 summit ( two years after). It was at the Gleneagles resort in Scotland. It was fascinating walking around the hotel and grounds and imagining all of the diplomats that were there. (By the way, if you ever get a chance to stay there, grab it. The hotel feels as though you are in the middle of a movie!) As to staying abreast of all of the local, national and world news I stick to local TV and newspaper (the real paper kind).
Keep up your fantastic work. By the way, do you know the nutritional value of your VOO?

55 jessica June 23, 2010

I actually don’t follow any news at all. It is just way to depressing. I rather live my life pretending that the horrible things displayed every day on the news do not happen.

56 Gail June 23, 2010

I am exactly like you. I get too depressed when I watch the news. Then I have nightmares and I just don’t need that in my life. I’m usually pretty clueless when it comes to happenings in the world.

57 Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies June 23, 2010

Uhhh those overnight oats look absolutely amazing. Like mouth-wateringly good..

58 Kacy June 23, 2010

That does seem like a less than efficient plan… hmmmm. I hope your race isn’t affected by it.
I don’t get as much news as I should… I listen on the radio on the way to work and catch some stories that are posted on Twitter…

59 Christa June 23, 2010

well, I of course will have to try the pb&j BSS VOO!! (now that’s a mouth full) all of the breakfasts I have made from what you have been writing about this past week have been absolutely delish :) I also made Ashley’s breakfast of cherry BSS on top of waffles this morning, SOOO good!

I use ground flax quite a bit in place of.with chia seeds in VOO and hot oats, and they work quite well. whole flax seed just doesn’t seem to do it for me.

60 Rachel June 23, 2010

I work right inside that super-security zone. It’s crazy! We’ve been fenced in for a week now, and there are police EVERYWHERE (especially right around us, since apparently they’re renting some space from us for a security headquarters). I worked overtime last week so that I won’t have to come in on Friday, but I fully expect the gates to shut down earlier than the predicted 8pm Friday.

61 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 23, 2010

PB & J will never ever get old!!! That looks absolutely fantabulous. Yes, it’s a word ;)

62 Jenn June 23, 2010

I live just outside the security zone, near King station. My condo building has 2 security guards on the front door for 24 hours a day (versus the usual 1) plus 1 additional roaming around the building. I walk my puppy in the park nearby, and have twice now had about 12 police officers come through and do a sweep in all the bushes. It’s crazy, it all makes me feel anxious and like I’m living in some sort of police state. I’m getting out of here for the week-end, I really wish they had just held it elsewhere.

63 Gail June 23, 2010

We had a G8 Summit back in 1997 in Denver and it made a mess of downtown and all the surrounding areas because so many roads were closed, businesses were closed, the skyscrapers had to have added security details, etc. Also, 2 years ago the Democractic National Convention was held in Denver, and when Obama was in town they practically closed ALL the roads into downtown. It’s ridiculous. I don’t understand why in this global electronic age we live in today, why these world leaders can’t hold their conferences or whatnot via satellite and teleconferencing. It would ease up the mess these summits create in the city they’re held in, let alone all the waste the incurs with something this big (I’m thinking all of these leaders along with their associates don’t have to fly halfway around the world and create such a huge carbon footprint). It’s crazy. I don’t like politicians (on either side of the ticket) because I think most of them are not interested in what’s good for the people, but what’s really good for their image and pocketbooks.

64 kelli June 23, 2010

I was wondering did the banana soft serve have a strong banana flavor?! I love peanut butter but HATE bananas and want to try it!

65 jessica June 23, 2010

I was actually wondering the same thing but didn’t ask because I thought I was the only person that hated bananas!

66 kelli June 24, 2010

hahah woo go us!!

67 Gail June 23, 2010

No you’re not. I can’t stand bananas either. I actually made the VOO with mashed up blackberries once instead of bananas – much better :0)

68 AngelaOSG June 23, 2010

hmmmm…I want to say NO it didnt have a strong banana flavour….all I remember is the peanut butter bliss! But that could also be because I am just used to the BSS taste. What I would do is probably only use 1/2-3/4 a banana, a bit of almond milk (or whatever kind) and 1-1.5 tbsp PB. Im sure that combo would mask the taste better.

69 kelli June 24, 2010

thank you so muchh!!! I will try it with a little almond/soy milkl..I also have peanut powder maybe I willl try that :)

70 Amanda June 23, 2010

I don’t care for the news on television: it’s so slanted, biased and some of it is SO dumbed down I can’t stand it. I do like reading it though! But still only once a day or so to try and stay on top of things.

71 Erika June 23, 2010

PB&J oats is about my favorite thing to eat in the entire world. I used to just mix raw oats with PB&J and eat it. I had to stop because I like it TOO much!

72 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 23, 2010

I don’t keep up with the news as much as I should. I don’t watch or read the news … I mostly just hear about things from others.

Those oats look so beautiful!

73 Pam C June 24, 2010

I’ve used ground flax in my voo and it actually comes out a bit thicker than the chia seeds. Sometimes I get a little creeped out by black balls in my food (I’m new and slightly resistant to the whole real whole foods/ healthy lifestyle) I usually use a little less than 1/2 Tbs of groudn flax and about 1/2 Tbs of chia and it comes out good as long as you do some extra whisk-ing.

74 Elli Davis June 25, 2010

Yes, it is going to be a very tense weekend indeed. It has been impossible to even move anywhere for the last couple of days. Honestly, I think it is better (for Torontians) to get out of the town at least for the weekend, to escape from this summit madness.

75 Emily June 25, 2010

I love to keep up with the news too! Always have something to talk about with anyone then. I read the Guardian and the Observer (UK) and sometimes the LA Times. My boyfriend reads the NY Times too, so together we send each other interesting stories to do with our own interests etc. Holding a newspaper outside on my lunch breaks is also getting me the start of a good summer glow :)

76 Matt G. April 27, 2012

Is there a viable substitute for the Amazing Grass powder? The note says sweetener….so just use sugar/agave/maple syrup, etc?

Thanks!
Matt

77 best it support in toronto April 3, 2013

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far.
But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the
supply?