Monday Madness

Helloooooo!

Today has started off crazy as most Mondays do. I have been going strong since 5:45am in the bakery with about 300 Glo Bars to catch up on since I was so busy preparing for the Farmer’s Market last week (for the recap of Saturday see here!). I also have a big order for Ambrosia to do today. Today is going to fly by… Hopefully I can squeeze in my planned run this evening after it cools down.

Breakfast was a delicious Cherry Carob Vegan Overnight Oat Concoction!

IMG 0078 thumb   Monday Madness

Cherry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve…using 1 frozen banana, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/3 cup pitted cherries:

IMG 0064 thumb   Monday Madness

The Carob Vegan Overnight Oat recipe can be found here. Carob powder is so amazing in VOO…it gives it such a nice sweetness.

IMG 0079 thumb   Monday Madness

I have also been using 1/2 cup of oats in my VOO lately because I find that it holds me over a bit better.

IMG 0080 thumb   Monday Madness

Fun cherry pictures ensued…

IMG 0085 thumb   Monday Madness

IMG 0086 thumb   Monday Madness

IMG 0087 thumb   Monday Madness

Sadly, I am almost out of cherries. I need to pick some up at the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market this Saturday before they sell out again. Last week they sold out around 10:30am, as well as a lot of produce, so if you are planning on going I suggest getting there right for 9:30am. Doesn’t 9:30 seem late for a Farmer’s Market to begin? I wish it started at 8am…that would be better I think.

I had an early lunch today that started with a fresh, energizing juice

IMG 0139 thumb   Monday Madness

The juice contained 2 beets, 3 carrots, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, small piece of ginger.

IMG 0140 thumb   Monday Madness

I also made a BASIL, avocado, hummus, black bean, and EVOO + sea salt open-faced Ezekiel sandwich.

IMG 9865 thumb   Monday Madness

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the side I had…

IMG 0145 thumb   Monday Madness

An apple with 2 tbsp smooth roasted peanut butter and peanuts!

IMG 0148 thumb   Monday Madness

I’ll be having an Adore Glo Bar for dessert later when hunger calls me again.

Of I go…hope you are having a great Monday!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 21, 2010

That sandwich looks divine. I might have to make a similar one. I have some leftover hummus from dinner yesterday, and some fresh homemade whole wheat sourdough bread just asking to be made into a sandwich!

Claire June 21, 2010

This all is making extremely hungry for an early lunch too. The hummus, avocado, & black bean combo can’t be beat but of course overnight oats are delicious as well!

Jessica @ How Sweet June 21, 2010

I am SO having cherry soft serve mixed in my oats tomorrow!

mary June 21, 2010

I love hummus and avocado together… infact, I made a sandwich with this hummus and mashed avacado… YUM!

Bethany @ More Fruit Please June 21, 2010

I NEED to make the cherry soft serve ice cream! It looks like a perfect summer staple!! It’s still too cold here where I haven’t been tempted to make anything cold, but as soon as it warms up I plan on trying out VOO!

Amanda June 21, 2010

That is awfully late for a farmer’s market! Our local ones start at 8. Funny how that varies by region.

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 21, 2010

there’s so much COLOR in this post! absolutely delicious and beautiful eats…you know how to make a girl jealous ;)

Chandra H June 21, 2010

I just love your pictures! they really make your blog stand out to me :D

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman June 21, 2010

That sandwich looks so simple but so good. Thanks for the idea.

Eunice June 21, 2010

I have a love/hate thing going on with basil. I find that it can be too overpowering in some recipes, but other times it’s sooo refreshing. Your basil/hummus/black bean sandwich looks delicious!

Stacie June 21, 2010

Thanks for taking time out of your busy morning (and day) to leave such a wonderful post!!….as you always do :) I finally made VOO and now I am hooked! Why did I wait so long to make those? Congrats again on the success of the FM! How neat! Question for you (or other readers)…..I made the amazing grass meal choc. infusion GM and found it to be a bit gritty. Any suggestions to decrease the grittiness? The taste was fab though….packed with nutrients to boot!
Have a great day :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

Hmm what other ingredients did you have in it? :)

Stacie June 21, 2010

Glad to see you and Eric went on the run together post tri-a-try. :) You two are just so cute together….and you look so happy! This day in age we don’t see/hear about that very often. You guys remind me of my husband and I (though we didn’t meet in HS)—it’s so neat to see :) Since the FM doesn’t open until 0900, maybe I could get there in time…..from WI….ha ha, who am I kidding? Drooling at your bars through the computer will have to suffice. About my GM…..
I had 2-3c spinach, 1c almond milk, 1tbsp ground flaxseed, 1scoop choc. infusion, big handful of frozen strawberries and 4 ice cubes. This was my first time using the choc. infusion and previous GMs haven’t been that gritty…..hmm……if you aren’t sure, that’s ok.
Thanks for reading!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

Aww you are so sweet! =) I laughed at the farmer’s market thing too! lol.
When I use the chocolate infusion, I only use half a scoop (to make it last longer), so that might be why I dont notice the graininess?

Stacie June 21, 2010

Oh…good tip! Will give that a try. Off to bed-the 0500 alarm will come to soon. Enjoy your week! Thanks!!!

Callie June 21, 2010

I’ve gotta try cherry banana soft serve. You make it look so good. :)

Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) June 21, 2010

It was SO good to see you this weekend Angela! You, Eric, Kristin and Nick need to come over for dinner sometime soon :) or at least to Fresh across the street!
Your eats look delicious, I really really really need to stop being such a lazy poo in the morning and try one of your soft serve concoctions. I LOVE cherries!
xox

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

thanks for coming to visit, I loved seeing you! I agree we should make a date :)

Sarah June 21, 2010

Your food looks soooo good today! I really enjoy reading about and looking at pictures of your food concoctions. You are so creative, Angela!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs June 21, 2010

Wow, 5.45? You’re a busy lady!! I can’t believe how hard you must work to make 300 bars..I find 20 hard enough! Enjoy the day :)

Camille June 21, 2010

Oh man. I don’t know if everything tasted exceptionally delicious today, but it sure looks exceptionally delicious!

Cassie June 21, 2010

Okay, that’s it! I am TOTALLY trying VOO this week! It’s official! :)
9:30 does seem early for a market to start! Our local one starts at 7am!

Marina June 21, 2010

I can’t wait to make myself overnight oats with some soft serve, but the weather started to be cold again :/ I’m waiting for the heat to come, so I can enjoy some oo :))

Carly @ Happy Healthy Foodie June 21, 2010

That sandwich looks delish!

Erin B. June 21, 2010

Hey Angela,

I have a question, I would love to see what your current running training plan is, but when I click on the link you provide it sends me to a page saying that “google documents has encountered an error”. Is there a way you may be able to email me with a microsoft word attachment?? I have just recently begun getting more serious with running and I tend to do better with structure and a plan :-) I have a few other plans that I’m looking at but it’d be nice to have a few different ones to mix and match :-) Thank you in advance if you find a minute to do that for me! :-) You rock!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

Does this work? It is public to everyone so im not sure why it wouldnt work…

Maureen Pluthero June 21, 2010

Well that explains why when I got to the market at 10 there was no produce. I was very disappointed.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

I was very surprised at how little produce the farmers brought! Im not sure why it was like that.

Melissa June 21, 2010

okay..I have never liked hot cereal…it seriuously makes me gag! But I so want to try VOOs so bad and am hoping that my gag reflex has been tamed after all these years of no hot cereal eating..lol! Your cherry vanilla flavor..wow! I can’t wait for cherries to be in season here in the west coast.

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

I am not HUGE on hot cereal either, but VOO is just right to me!

Stefanie June 21, 2010

Yumm! It is all so colorful and fresh looking.

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans June 21, 2010

Wow! Your breaksfast looks so delicious. I really need to try one of your Overnight Oats concoctions. Yum!!

Christine @Grub, Sweat and Cheers June 21, 2010

That is very late for a farmer’s market. Strange.

Lovely looking sandwich…that’ll fuel you for the afternoon!

Holly June 21, 2010

That sandwich looks delicious! Everything you ate today looks really good…

Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 21, 2010

I concur. Farmer’s market people are early risers! By 9:30 am, I’ve already returned home and started cooking with my new food stash!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

jhaha I know!

Melissa June 21, 2010

I love Ambrosia, which store will your bars be featured and when? ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

They are carried in the Thornhill location :) new stock coming wed!

Paige (Running Around Normal) June 21, 2010

That’s what I forgot at the store – cherries! I’d love to make this some day:) Can’t for a while though…won’t have enough time for a breakfast in my house…

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 21, 2010

Our Farmer’s Market starts at 10! It’s SO late. Our strawberries sell out really fast, so you gotta get there quick!

Amber K June 21, 2010

You really know how to make some beautiful dishes!!

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 21, 2010

I hope your day can slow down and still give you all the time you need to get everything you want to get done.

Laura (youngDCliving) June 21, 2010

I love Ezekiel bread…and muffins…and wraps, haha! Clearly I’m in love with their products. Sadly, I am also out of my big batch of cherries I got at Whole Foods (1.99/lb!) and am quite sad. Hopefully the prices stay low! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 21, 2010

Ahhhh, fresh juice in the summer is SO energizing and refreshing! Love!

Cheryl June 21, 2010

I hate to ask such a silly question, but how on earth do you make juice like that? What sort of machine? A juicer? A food processor? I love the thought of vegetable/fruit juices but am not sure how to go about making them :)

(I only have a magic bullet for the record… and I know that it couldn’t squeeze juice out of a carrot!)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

No silly questions! :) I use a Breville juicer :)

Anne C June 21, 2010

Sooo, I tried VOO a couple weeks ago and it certainly did NOT turn out like your pictures! I didn’t have any Chia seeds, so it was basically almond milk, oats, and a bit of vanilla. It was so thin and watery. Pretty gross actually. What the heck did I do wrong? Do you have to add the chia for it to thicken up?

The cherry version looks divine!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

You have to use the chia seeds or it doesnt turn out….trust me I tried! lol

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 21, 2010

I love your VOO. Every morning I want to make mine look as great as yours but never can. It’s the soft serve- incredible!

Helen June 21, 2010

Your lunch smoothie looks so vibrant. I need to get myself a blender to make smoothies, I need the goodness in me! Hope your day wasn’t too hectic!

TiaMarie June 21, 2010

I’ve been eating Cherry Banana Soft Serve every day for the past 4 days! I love it more than Tempt Hemp Milk Ice Cream (and I thought I had loved that stuff a lot)!!! I think it’s official! I’m kicking vegan ice cream out of my life for good for this yummie goodness :] I even chop up some Theo’s Dark Chocolate and mix it in… mmm… I’m thinking of doing a Strawberry Mint Chocolate Banana Soft Serve tomorrow!

I’m so tempted to try the VOO and the GM, but I’m a little slow on trying new things. My husband and I do fruit smoothies every morning, it will be an interesting surprise when i sneak in some greens one morning :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2010

Glad you like it! =) Its cool to know you can enjoy something and not have to buy packaged ice cream at a store

Katie June 21, 2010

Your photos are so amazing, Angela! The colors are so vibrant and everything looks fantastic!

Page 1 of 212»