Blogging For Two

Good morning!

Look who arrived around a freckle past a hair…

IMG_9486b (2)

Ashley!

Ashley and I became good friends over the past year and we finally got to meet. She drove all the way from Ohio to come for a visit!

Last night, I waited like a worried mother by the phone. Well, with a beer… :biggrin:

IMG_9477

Around 10:30pm, I got a call saying she crossed the border and would be here shortly. When she arrived, we exchange foodie gifts and chatted until 2am (Eric too!!).

She brought me some items from a store that I have been wanting to try for ever now…

IMG_9497

IMG_9499 IMG_9500

Trader Joes items! :biggrin:

And her homemade nut butters. So excited to try all this stuff!

My eyes shot open around 7:15am…I was still tired from going to bed at 2am, but I was too excited to fall back asleep. Of course, it figures that the one morning I can sleep in- I can’t.

I got up and made a pot of Sencha green tea and did Polly’s Yoga for Runners video.

IMG_9491

Green tea and yoga has got to be the best way to wake up.

IMG_9535

Then I dug into my TJ’s stash for a dried fruit bar…

IMG_9501

Mmmmm.

Shortly thereafter, I made breakfast for us.

Last night, I threw together Vegan Overnight Oats for TWO:

IMG_9508

Vegan Overnight Oats for TWO:

Ingredients:

• 1 cup regular oats
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal Protein Powder
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds

This morning, I made Cherry Bomb Banana Soft Serve…for TWO…

IMG_9510

2 frozen bananas + 1/2 cup frozen pitted cherries.

Mmmmmmmm.

IMG_9513

I layered fresh blueberries and chopped up cherries with the cherry bomb soft serve and vegan overnight oats.

IMG_9504

Then, I topped it with cacao nibs and a cherry on top!

IMG_9531 (2)

It was pretty much ridiculous.

Photography ensued…

(1_of_1)-3

Check out Ashley’s

IMG_9520

I went a little crazy when I made hers! :lol: They were over-flowing like volcanoes!

I think Eric was a bit scared of us crazy ladies…

IMG_9533

[PS- You are looking at a 5 pound skinnier husband…he lost 5 pounds when he cut out pop from his diet. My sister in law also lost 3 pounds almost immediately when she cut out diet pop. Crazy, eh!? I can’t believe Eric hasn’t had a pop since March. Congrats to all of you who have emailed me and told me about making similar changes! You guys are rock stars.]

Well, we are off for a scenic hike…thankfully the sun finally came out after two weeks of blah weather. Have a great day!

1 Jessica @ How Sweet June 15, 2010

You are so lucky to meet Ash! Love her. :) Have fun!

2 Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) June 15, 2010

Aw, what a fun visit!! I’m super jealous of the TJ haul and the morning oats – I’m coming over for breakfast ;D

That’s crazy about the pop weight-loss, congratulations to Eric and your SIL! Who would have thought that cutting out the diet would make such a difference. Those chemicals are horrible for you, but fresca tastes so good =\ Maybe I’ll give this a try.

Excited for the farmer’s market on Sat! See you then.
xo

3 Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) June 15, 2010

Oh, ps! Where did you get that spoon with the little charm on the end? It’s darling! <3

4 Nichole June 15, 2010

At first I was like, blogging for two?! Baby? Minor freak out. However, Ashley is a welcomed surprise. I wish there was room for more! How cute that y’all got to get together. And if you keep whipping up dishes like that, I don’t think Ashley will be allowed to leave.

Glad you pointed out that even diet soda can help people lose the inches!

Please enjoy the hike, sounds like too much fun!

5 Jen June 15, 2010

I am so glad I wasn’t the only one who thought a big PREGGERS announcement was coming!

6 Kristina June 15, 2010

aww… hope you guys have a fabulous fun day today!! :) that’s awesome she brought you TJ’s loot… TJ’s is great and it looks like she brought you some YUM stuff…

look forward to hearing about your day! :)

7 Dorry June 15, 2010

Your breakfast looks fantastic. I’ve also known several people to lose quick pounds simply by cutting out soda. Thankfully, I’ve never been a fan. I can’t imagine what it would do to my insides/teeth. Have fun on your hike!

8 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 15, 2010

What a great suprise visitor! Welcome to Canada Ash! I can’t wait till I am done working like mad woman VOA are on my list of to try. Congrats to Eric! That is great, and I bet he feels better not having coke in his system!

9 Sarah for Real June 15, 2010

Congrats to your husband! That’s pretty awesome.

I have to say… I have not jumped on the overnight oats band wagon. But all those berries and the pretty pink color make it look fantastic! You might have finally wore me down Angela…

10 Nancy June 15, 2010

One more person to add to my blog reading RSS feed! Thanks for Ashley’s link, I love her already!

11 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet life June 15, 2010

Looks like somebody’s gonna be having some fun!!
P.S. – DELISH looking cherry bombs! :-D

12 CarolinaDoll June 15, 2010

You keep making breakfasts like that and you’ll have a LOT more visitors! … lol….. :-)

13 Tina June 15, 2010

Oh-those pita chip crackers are dangerous-I can eat half a box at a sitting! I always hear about people losing weight instantly from cutting something out and I gotta say, its never happened for me like that! So jealous!

14 Nienke at Revel June 15, 2010

Awwww – look at you guys! Hope you girlies have a fab time :)

15 Wei-Wei June 15, 2010

I think that there is so many combos you can come up with for VOO + BSS!!! Seriously, this opens up so many doors. It’s amazing. You’ve inspired a whole slew of ideas in my head… Thanks a lot ;)

Meeting up with bloggers sounds so exciting! And Trader Joe’s – omgahhh! XD

Wei-Wei

16 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 15, 2010

You are so skinny! That side profile of you looks so slim.

17 CathyK June 15, 2010

Thanks so much for the “Eric Gives Up Pop” update, Angela! I have been wondering how it’s going! WAY TO GO, Eric! You were our inspiration to do the same: I gave up diet pop 8 weeks ago now and my husband gave up Coke 6 weeks ago. We both can’t believe how much we used to drink, and we feel so much better now!

18 Betsy June 15, 2010

‘I love how you call soda pop. It makes me smile every time I read it!

19 Christine @ Grub, Sweat and Cheers June 15, 2010

wow – good for your husband! That’s fantastic. Just goes to show how brutal all that sugar is…

I so get the Trader Joe’s thing – I’m in Wpg and recently was in Santa Fe and able to FINALLY visit TJ’s! It was awesome. I had serious store envy. Needless to say I brought back bags of stuff…

20 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 15, 2010

i’m lucky to have hung out with ash a couple times…LOVE her! now i gotta figure out how to get up to Canada to meet you! hope y’all have a blast :)

21 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 15, 2010

Check out that Trader Joe’s stash! *jealous*

I always like these blog meet-ups so I can learn about a new blog. Ashley’s looks great!

22 Carrie June 15, 2010

My husband calls all of my internet friends “imaginary friends”. Some of us are planning a similar get together later this year and I can’t wait! It looks like you guys have already started having a great time!!

23 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 15, 2010

Awww sounds like you two will have such a fun day!

That is awesome that Eric has lost so much weight from cutting out pop. I remember feeling so much better after I did!

24 Krystina June 15, 2010

Congrats to Eric! Isn’t Trader Joe’s awesome? I miss it so much.

25 Sara June 15, 2010

You know if you like dried fruit bars, you should totally get a dehydrator and make some yourself! I’ve been doing it and they’re freakin delicious. It’s be a great thing to sell in your store because they keep well, but you can still make them from super clean, fresh ingredients. Our dehydrator probably cost about $70 but was WELL worth the cost. My boyfriend makes beef jerky on it but as a vegetarian, sooo not my thing ;)

26 Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches June 15, 2010

How do men lose weight so easily? Lol! Props to Eric!

It’s so cool to see two of my fav blog ladies together. I hope you guys have a great time!

27 Julie @ Wearing Mascara June 15, 2010

Awww you ladies have fun!!!! :-)

28 Lizz @ Leading the Good Life June 15, 2010

That is such a cute picture of Eric! Have fun today!

29 Becca June 15, 2010

I’ve been feeling so much Trader Joe’s-related envy of late – good to know there’s someone out there who understands the pain of seeing all these yummy, healthy treats and not living nearby!

30 Jenny June 15, 2010

Doing things for two is so much more fun!

31 bianka @ Bananas for Bananas June 15, 2010

I want to go to Trader Joe’s so BAD!!! jealous :(

p.s. tell Eric he looks great! awesome job

32 Holly June 15, 2010

The gifts look awesome! I love Trader Joes. Have fun together!!

33 Laura June 15, 2010

What does Eric eat for breakfast?

34 Samantha @ Health. Happines & Skinny Jeans June 15, 2010

This only proves that I need to cut out diet pop once and for all. Its one of those things that I know I should do but I hold on to it like a security blanket. I let dairy go (hello ice cream and cheese!!) way easier then I can let go of Coke Zero…ugh!!

35 mary June 15, 2010

Hope you have fun on your hike! The scenery where you live is so purdy!! Can’t wait to see some pictures :)

36 Jenny June 15, 2010

From Ohio? That’s where I’m living! That must have been a long drive!

37 Bridget June 15, 2010

What a fun meet up! And congrats to Eric for the 5 pounds :) Small changes really do add up

38 Annie@stronghealthyfit June 15, 2010

How fun! I NEED to try a VOOs and banana soft serve parfait asap. I can’t wait to make one!

39 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 15, 2010

You gals are so gorgeous! I love that blogging brings good people together. I hope you enjoy your day with your new friend :-)

40 Mary June 15, 2010

Angela – I love your blog site!! I FINALLY tried a VOO and banana soft serve this morning…it was FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing :)

41 Lisa June 15, 2010

Good advice…cutting out regular soda is the quickest way to drop a few pounds!

Have fun on your hike!

42 mary June 15, 2010

How awesome a special visitor!! next time you’re in the states you should check out TJ’s it’s pretty nice :)

43 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 15, 2010

How fun! You guys should take a trip to Toronto for a meetup! :P

44 Laura @ youngDCliving June 15, 2010

Ashley’s blog is one of my absolute faves. I’m so excited to see what you guys end up doing during her visit.

Congrats to Eric! That’s so awesome, it’s crazy how many pounds those sodas can pack on, I’m sure he’ll be able to keep away from the stuff forever now.

45 Melissa Cari @ Miles for Markets June 15, 2010

That’s SO fun that Ashley came to visit! I can totally see how you two would click well together. And btw – Eric looks so handsome in that photo! Congrats to him on giving up soda!

46 kelsey June 15, 2010

congrats to eric!!!
i like how the overnight oats always overflow. it makes for a really cute and delicious photo :]

47 Sana June 15, 2010

OMGGGG I LOVE THE eggplant garlic spread- it is perfect as a pizza sauce!

I love it when bloggers meet up!!!

48 Amber K June 15, 2010

I have cut WAY back on my diet pop obsession. Just one can a day now. I just really enjoy a very cold one with dinner. I know it is HORRIBLE for me, so I’d love to cut it out. But as of right now, I just like it! And I eat healthy the whole rest of the day, so I’m good for now. One day though!

49 Kristin (Salty Tooth) June 15, 2010

Blogger meet-ups are so fun. Hope you like your goodies from Trader Joe’s.

50 Camille June 15, 2010

Aww, Ashley is one of my favorite bloggers!
I’m glad you guys have joined forces :)

51 Nic June 15, 2010

NO WAY!!!! My favorite two bloggers in one place?!
Why oh why can’t I be there too?! :)
You two are just awesome!! ;) kihi…
I know…. Enough already!!!
Hope you had a nice day?!

52 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 15, 2010

Eric’s like those guys on the SlimQuick commercials that shrink immediately after cutting out soda. Good job to him! And I hope you’re having fun with Ashley- but it looks like you’re having no problem with that! :D

53 Helen June 15, 2010

I’m so glad that Ashley got to you ok. Loving the amount of food that she brought with her, you are so lucky. Congrats to Eric for his weight loss, I can’t believe that cutting out pop is so good for you. It just proves how bad it is!

54 Lindsey @ Foodie on the Rocks June 15, 2010

Go figure. I was just coming this way to look up your vegan overnight oats, and look at what you had posted. Must’ve been fate :D. Have a great time with Ashley! Glad your weather’s finally turned around!

55 Mandiee June 15, 2010

What a lovely surprise! You both are some of my favorite bloggers so it’s crazy to think what fun is going on there. I think I’ve finally made the decision to make VOO after all of your lovely pictures. Could I sub flax seed for the chia?

Have a lovely day!
xox

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 15, 2010

Yes you can sub ground flax meal for chia seeds :)

57 Mandiee June 15, 2010

thanks! i’m so excited i can finally make them. with ground flax, should i use 1 or 2 tbs for the 1 tbs chia?

58 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 15, 2010

Ok this is totally crazy, but were you two at Kind Food in Burlington today around 3?? I thought I saw you when I stopped there for a juice, but I wasn’t sure because you were wearing sunglasses. And I didn’t want to be a freak and bombard a random stranger haha!

59 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 15, 2010

OMG YES!!! lol We both remember seeing you! That is too funny ;)

60 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 15, 2010

Hahaha that is too weird!!! I’m SO sorry for staring at you guys like a weirdo and not coming over to say hi!

How did you like it there? I haven’t had a chance to try their food yet, but their menu looks great!

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 15, 2010

haha that is funny…although I didn’t notice you staring weirdly! I’m gonig to post about the food shortly.

62 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 15, 2010

haha that is funny…although I didn’t notice you staring weirdly! I’m going to post about the food shortly.

63 GirlonRaw June 15, 2010

Ahhh aren’t bloggy meetups just the best? I got to meet my bloggy pal (Kristen of Kristen’s Raw) in April after 3 something years of online friendship. Don’t you just love the blogging community for that?

64 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 15, 2010

ooooh yay for blogger meet ups! LOVE LOVE LOVE that breakfast too! Have fun!!!

65 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 15, 2010

Aww looks like you ladies are having a great time! I am pretty much incapable of sleeping in too. I wake up then get excited that I don’t actually have to get out of bed, but by then, I’m too excited and awake to fall BACK to sleep. Madness!

66 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 15, 2010

Tell Eric congratulations and he is looking really healthy and fit, oh and muscular, because that’s really what every man would rather hear. :)

67 Kate June 15, 2010

Aw.. I hope you have a blast together. It sounds like you are already having fun!

Quick question… I have been looking at cameras. Do you have a recommendation? Thanks!

68 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Mine is a Canon 30D…well it’s technically ERIC’S that he bought 3 yrs ago or more. It was expensive. I have heard that Canon Rebel’s are good and much cheaper.

69 Kath June 15, 2010

Man, before you even mentioned Eric I noticed how slender he looks!!

Jealous you get to play with Ash!

70 Pure2raw twins June 15, 2010

Looks like an amazing breakfast!! Love all your overnight oats.

71 Callie June 15, 2010

I’ve been inspired to make my first banana VOO tonight. It’s sitting in my refrigerator now. :)
Congrats to Eric! I used to be a huge pop drinker, it’s a hard thing to give up.
Have fun hiking!

72 Michal June 15, 2010

Completely random but I just saw this article and thought of you!

73 Emily June 15, 2010

Everything looks soooo fabulous, especially the VOO! Enjoy the visit and post lots of pictures!!

74 Alex @ {bellavita} June 15, 2010

I looooove Trader Joe’s! Those pita crackers are insanely addicting!

75 Leah June 15, 2010

Thats funny, because I was just looking at that picture thinking “Eric looks like he’s lost weight”. Its amazing the difference not drinking pop can make. A family friend stopped drinking pretty much everything but water, and he lost 20 pounds. Not instantly of course, but 20 pounds.

Trader Joe’s is pretty much the best place ever. I am so jealous that we dont have it here, its totally worth waiting in the border lineup!

76 ELizabeth June 15, 2010

my hubby lost 10 pounds simply from giving up regular Coke. only a guy could do that….but still it’s pretty awesome.

77 Meg June 15, 2010

You two are so beautiful! What a wonderful time you guys are gonna have :D

…and GO ERIC!

78 Michelle June 15, 2010

Awww of course you and Ashley would be great friends, she and you are both the sweetest bloggers ever with THE most creative and delicious food creations!!!

I’m totally jealous of the TJ’s stash AND her for getting to experience your amazing vegan overnight oats….ohhh drool!!!! Have so much fun!

79 Reema June 16, 2010

i quit diet soda a week ago and the bloat has already gone , my skin is clearer and since i hv edema my joints dont hurt as much

my mom has been on my back to quit for years i ignored her till iread an article on caffeine and aspartame in diet soda and how it increases ur appetite and a can has almost 1 and half caffeine in a mug of coffee
not to mention the damage to your teeth and bones

ill update you on the weight loss too :-)

80 Bianca King June 16, 2010

Hi!

I have been wondering…what is the advantage to the vegan overnight oats compared to regular cooked oatmeal made with almond milk?
Thanks!

81 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Much faster and cold for the summer!

82 Nicky June 16, 2010

Hey Ange,

I see you have yourself a new blender. I’m in the middle of deciding which one to get myself and I know you were considering some of the ones I’m thinking about, too. Any chance of a quick round-up of the ones on your shortlist, and why you rejected them and chose the Kitchen Aid?

Nicky

83 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Its actually a food processor that I have had for a year or so!

My kitchen aid BLENDER on the other hand broke several times and I would not recommend it.

84 Nicky June 16, 2010

Oh I see! I thought it was a kitchen aid blender which caused you so much hassle! Thanks for the reply :)

85 Victoria June 16, 2010

I wish I drank pop so that I could cut it out and lose some pounds! lol. I don’t drink it at all (well, maybe one a month). Cups of tea are my downfall. God knows how much milk I must consume every day!

xx

86 Tami Jo Eaton June 17, 2010

Angela, I can’t wait to make an exploding volcano. I love cherry season and it seems to end too quickly. I need to buy a bunch and start pitting for the freezer. I am so in love with your tea pot. Can you tell me where you found it? I am also curious to know what kind of sencha tea you drink. I don’t care for the tea that stains your cup, because I think it is also staining my teeth. thanks