Feel The Burn, The Wind Burn

Good morning!

IMG_8877

This morning was a whirlwind in the bakery today! The mornings are always a bit crazy because I am rushing to get my orders out for the mail pick-up.

For one of my orders this morning, I was working on a custom BABY SHOWER order. I love doing these!

IMG_8858

I made up this custom label with a stork on it and my customer also came up with the name- the baby boy’s name is Henry so she thought O Henry would be cute.

IMG_8859

So fun.

IMG_8865

We did 4 different flavours in mini sized Glo Bars.

IMG_8873

and then I packaged them all up!

IMG_8874

I can’t wait to hear how the ladies like them.

IMG_8875 IMG_8876

This summer I am also doing up Glo Bars for wedding favours– that will be fun too. I love the idea of giving Glo Bars as party favours…I think they are a unique item to give as a thank-you.

Speaking of mail, I also had a fun delivery this morning. My running books arrived! I was the winning bidder on Brooke’s Cool Running Gift Pack in Shop 4 A Cause 2.

IMG_8868

The books I won are the following:

1) Complete Book of Beginning Running: Only in Runner’s World Complete Book of Beginning Running will you find everything you need to become a happy, healthy fitness runner including: how to stay motivated, what shoes to buy, what to eat before you run and after, how to prevent common injuries and much, much more! 2) Hal Higdon’s Smart Running: Expert advice on training, motivation, injury prevention, nutrition and good health. 3) How to Train for and Run Your Best Marathon: Tips for first timers on workouts and pacing, advice for experienced participants on setting a goal and achieving a personal best, information for all runners on cross training, nutrition, equipment and injury prevention.

IMG_8871

I’m excited to read them. I was glancing through the Runner’s World book (right) and it has a recommended food as DARK CHOCOLATE. I think I am going to like this book. :lol:

And because Brooke is such a sweetie, she sent me some fun TARGET plates, a bowl, and a cup!

IMG_8869 IMG_8872

The Crazy Dish Lady lives on… :devil: Thanks Brooke!

Breakfast this morning was Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats!

IMG_8838

I made it with Chocolate Banana Soft Serve using 2 tbsp of cocoa powder processed into the frozen banana.

IMG_8841

Fun mix-ins included Nature’s Path Rice Crisp and Cacao Nibs!

IMG_8837

Rawr.

Feel The Burn

Want to know something weird that happened as a result of the try-a-tri race? I got wind burn on my face!

When we got home from the race, I noticed that my face was quite red and at first I thought that was due to exerting myself in the race or being cold. Well, a day passed and my face was still red, so I am pretty sure that I got wind burn when on the bike.

Wind burn is defined as, ‘redness and irritation of the skin caused by exposure to high-velocity wind.’ I guess I was just going too fast for my own good?! :tongue: hah..I joke, I joke. It doesn’t really surprise me that I would get wind burn because my skin flushes VERY easily and it is very sensitive.  It has been that way since I have been a child and has caused me a lot of grief in public situations! :blush: I blush at the thought of blushing. I blush if someone else blushes. I blush if I feel like I am put on the spot or I am anxious. It is annoying at times. Rosacea runs in my family though so it is not too surprising I guess.

Do you have sensitive skin or do you flush easily?

~~~

Well, I have more orders to bake and then I need to do a bunch of work on the upcoming Farmer’s Market! I haven’t had a chance to make my signs yet and I am a bit worried because I have no idea what to do for them. The director told me that anything HOMEMADE for signs at a market is good, so I guess I will have to find some time to make some signs.

I have a very delicious chick pea recipe coming up that will blow your mind. It is another ‘life changer’ if you know what I mean.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 8, 2010

i love the mini bars! so cute :) i luckily don’t have easily irritated skin…except with sunburns and mosquito bites. but no chaffing here, thank goodness!

2 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 8, 2010

Yum, those oats look amazing!!! I think I’m going to try the banana soft serve today, hopefully my blender is up to the challenge :)
Those mini Glo Bars are TOO CUTE!!!

3 Kristina June 8, 2010

oh! those Oh Henry packs are SO cute! that would be the crazy fun part of having a bakery. :)

yay for More Fun Plates !

4 Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) June 8, 2010

Very cute O Henry bars! What a sweet idea :) I love the idea of wedding favors too! I feel like it would be difficult to find an occasion where a globar wouldn’t be welcome ;)

I’m so sorry for the windburn D: that sounds really uncomfortable! At the same time though, it’s almost a cool thing to be able to say ;D you’re a legend: “Oh, Angela? Yeah she biked so hard she gave herself WINDBURN, man. Hardcore.” hahaha. I know that Aveda makes an awesome face cream that you can use before you apply makeup/just to hydrate. It’d probably do you good <3

Your breakfasts, as always, are absolutely drool-inducing. I'm dying for lunch at work just looking at it. I'm really looking forward to that chick pea recipe!!

5 Jenn (GH) June 8, 2010

Those little glo bars are adorable.j

My skin is moody like me. ;-)

6 Dorry June 8, 2010

I have extremely sensitive skin! Bright red, splotchy, you name it. Usually has to do with my body temperature. I love the mini Glo Bars and I’m also excited to hear reviews on those books!

7 Helen June 8, 2010

Oh no wind burn is so annoying! When I was working at the British F1 last year it was so cold and windy that I didn’t notice that the sun was out and after 3 days I got massive wind burn. What’s worse, I was wearing my glasses so had a very unattractive glasses tan line! I would love to get Glo Bars at a wedding, it’s a great idea. Plus Homemade is a great sign for a Farmers market – it will lure loads of people in. Did you have to apply for a table / stand at the Farmer’s market?

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

Yup, it was a big application process and they have very strict guidelines for acceptance, esp. because this is an organic market. They also inspect the kitchen and look at your receipts for proof of organic ingredients. I just need to figure out how I will set everything up! That part is a bit stressful because I have never done it before. We had to buy a canopy tent and we need to pick up a 6 ft table too.

9 Kristin (Salty Tooth) June 8, 2010

Cute baby shower bars! What a fun idea.

10 Ameena June 8, 2010

I love the mini-glo bar idea…I’m not sure if you saw my comment a while back but I can’t eat nuts so if you ever sell a nut-free bar I will surely be your best customer.

I have sensitive skin but I don’t think I’ve ever had wind burn! Sounds quite painful!

11 Nancy June 8, 2010

I’m pretty much the exact same when it comes to blushing. Thankfully you didn’t see me once you passed by me on your run at the try-a-tri. I blushed as soon as I was done yelling out to you! HAHA!

I blush when others blush and I have a bit of rosey cheeks naturally (I try to cover that up though), we’ll be blushing all night long if we hang ever out, haha!

12 Sarah @ cocoanutshakes June 8, 2010

Those mini bars are ADORABLE!!

I have suppperrr sensitive skin…trying to change that by not drinking coffee and having way more veggies…trial and error!

13 Kara @ MyWellnest June 8, 2010

How cool to have GLO bars as a wedding or baby shower favor!!!

I’m super sensitive to mosquito bites, they swell up and stick around forever!

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 8, 2010

I hope those bars taste like Oh Henry’s!

15 Ilana June 8, 2010

Not gonna lie, when/if I’m having a baby shower, I’m prob gonna remember this and place an order (that is, if you’re still baking by that time)!

I have really sensitive skin – it’s always been dry and I break out very easily. It’s such a hassle to find cleansers I can use.

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

haha that is cute!

17 Amanda June 8, 2010

Those Globars are the best idea ever!! I think I may have some of the most sensitive skin out there :( besides just bad skin – acne, big pores – I blush easily, I flush easy when I exert myself. Like you said can leave you in quite embarrassing situations at times! Ive been battling my bad skin for years – thought if I could at least get it cleared up I would only have one bad feature to deal with but have not had much luck.
On another note – I am healing a bad ankle injury i suffered on a run last week and have been so enjoying all of your try-a-tri recaps!! You are truly an inspiration! You both did a great job :)

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

Sorry about your ankle! I hope you heal fast. Thanks for your congrats too!

19 Ashley June 8, 2010

Ahh love those mini bars. Waaay too cute!! You also need to add the book Born To Run to that collection :) It changed my ENTIRE view on running! Can’t wait for the chickpea recipe!

20 Wei-Wei June 8, 2010

The mini-bars are SO CUTE! I love that you’re doing orders for baby showers and weddings. I think that Glo Bars would be the perfect party favour ;)

I don’t have sensitive skin, and I’ve never heard of wind burn! It sounds painful, though. I hope it gets better soon :(

Wei-Wei

21 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 8, 2010

All my life I’ve suffered from eczema. It’s made the rounds of my body, all completely results of stress. It’s a major pain in the butt!

Sunday I was suffering from some mild mild wind burn on my shins. I wore capris pants on my run, as I hate when the bottoms of my pants get wet from running in the rain. I they were pretty red, and itchy. My husband threatened to put oven mits over my hands and duct tape them like what happened to Callie on Grey’s lol.

22 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 8, 2010

Glo Bars: What Can’t They Do?

Such a great idea! Now that is a party favour I’d get excited about.

23 Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 8, 2010

O . . . M . . . G . . . I cannot tell you how HARD I laughed at the devil emoticon after “crazy dish lady lives on”

I flush soooo easily. In fact if I get uncomfortable in any way I start getting hives on my chest. I used to get them on first dates, luckily I don’t have to go on dates anymore. Sometimes at work if I’m having a suuuuuper intense conversation with someone (which can be often since I’m a manager) the hives start creeping up my neck. If I could, I’d wear turtlenecks every day of my life!

24 kellyO June 8, 2010

I have Rosacea and very sensitive skin. It is such a headache, I live in a very dry climate with lots of wind and cold. Ugg…

25 Run Sarah June 8, 2010

What amazing shower favours! I love the way you packaged them up. I blush pretty easily as well, especially when I am flustered. It’s embarrassing! I dont have the Asian flush with alcohol, though! So excited for this chickpea recipe!!

26 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 8, 2010

I hope you do a post on what you think of those books! :)

Cute dishes. I wish we had a Target here!

27 Therese June 8, 2010

LOVE the idea of Glo bars as party favours! *stores in memory bank*

I don’t have sensitive skin but I do blush very easily! Fair skin + red hair = blushes a LOT!

Oh! And I got The Complete Book of Running for Christmas, it’s not too bad and includes some great safety tips for women runners.

28 Kim @ Eat and Be June 8, 2010

Good luck preparing for the farmer’s market. Reading about your business endeavours reminds me a lot of what I have done over the past 5 yrs. (I recently sold my food business). In regards to the farmer’s market, just do your best for your first outting, you can always revise and improve after you see what is out there!

As for sensitive skin…yes I do! Last night I could feel my cheeks getting redder/hotter when I was the center of attention at a group dinner (ugh!). Alcohol really effects it too (making my face redder), so I indulge in moderation!

29 Bridget June 8, 2010

O Henry Glo Bars! That is such a cute name. And I’m certain the ladies will love em’ :) I have pretty sensitive skin in terms of dryness and facial products, but I also tend to breakout at times. I find using natural products without harsh chemicals minimizes this problem though.

Looking forward to the chickpea recipe!

30 Jessica @ How Sweet June 8, 2010

Those mini bars are just too cute!

31 AGS June 8, 2010

Love the favors.

Also, I thought this was about the coolest vegan event I have ever heard of: http://www.dcvegan.com/2010/06/vegan-cookie-feed-in-next-tuesday/

32 Claire June 8, 2010

Wow, those glo bars are adorable…

The running books sound and look great. I love Hal Higdon and Amby Burfoot so I know those two will be great!

I definitely have sensitive skin that flushes early…it is the english/scottish/irish…

33 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman June 8, 2010

That’s an awesome baby shower or wedding shower gift! I have super sensitive skin and even some chemicals or fragrance in skin care products can set it off. Organic, fragrance-free stuff works best for me.

34 Lauren June 8, 2010

The glo bar favors are SUCH a cute idea! My skin is olive and sooo far from being sensitive. I’m sorry that happened to you, but I think it just makes you sound more hardcore!

35 jen June 8, 2010

Ack! My skin is so sensitive. I also blush at the slightest thing! I hate it, and it gives me away, and I hate it even more when people point out to me that I am blushing (duh!) and then I blush even more. Also, I have Rosacea, and other than staying on antibiotics on and off for all time, my dermatologist doesn’t have any other suggestions for controlling it. I tried a homeopathic gel found in drug stores, but it made my skin dry out and itch and redder than usual within three days. I give up!

36 KatieTX June 8, 2010

I feel your pain. If I laugh really hard I turn bright red and then people make fun of me for it, then I just get redder! It is horrible! Getting flushed easily is not fun.

37 Katelyn June 8, 2010

Hey Angela! I’m a newbie to your blog and I find it really amazing that you live so close to me! I think everyone else’s blogs I read are from the states, so having an Ontario-centric voice in the mix is wonderful :) I was wondering which Farmer’s Market you are going to be at and when it will start? I live in Grimsby and I have been looking for a good organic market in the region for a while!

Also, I am regular triathlete and I love that you tried your first event! I bet you have the tri bug now right? So when’s the next one? ;)

38 Jen June 8, 2010

O Henry bars — how cute!

I, too, have sensitive skin. Never fun in cold and windy weather… I sympathize. Consider it the trophy for successfully completing the try-a-tri?! :-D

39 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 8, 2010

aww i love the mini glo bars, they’re so cute! i hope you recover from the wind burn soon! my skin isn’t really that sensitive but i can imagine it probably stings quite a bit. and i’m definitely making some of that banana soft serve soon! :)

40 Cristin June 8, 2010

Love the baby Glo Bars!

I turn so red when I run. EXTREMELY red. To the point where people ask me if I am OK and tell me to “slow down”. It’s so frustrating!

41 Michal June 8, 2010

Super cute Glo Bars! My obsessed brain (any excuse to imagine having kids AND planning a party menu+ take-home gifts) is now over-excited. Ha.
I have to admit – the signs at a Farmer’s Market DO draw me in – especially if they are well-written and a little funny – but that’s just me. I’m sure there are others who just want quick and snappy.
I’ve stopped to stare at that exact Target plate several times…. I’m still resisting. Someday I’ll have an excuse to buy lots of gorgeous dishware…. and the money for it :-D But I’m really hoping to buy “real” dishes because I’m trying to cut down on plastic, and that’s the main thing empowering me to resist buying the cute dishes at Target.
I am addicted to chickpeas, so you have me waiting on the edge of my seat!

42 Allison June 8, 2010

What a great idea to give at a baby shower. Good for you! Such great advertising for your business.
CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE RECIPE!!!

43 Annie@stronghealthyfit June 8, 2010

I wish I had your life! Making healthy baked goods and having people buy them… and selling them at Farmer’s Markets! You rock.
Also, I blush VERY easily, and it is something that developed as I went through high school. It is really embarrassing, but it is good to know I’m not the only one! I just try to breath deeply :-)

44 Karen June 8, 2010

Hey, I was just curious–in the first pics of the O Henry Glo Bars, the bars contain large, white(ish?) chunks of something and I was trying to figure out what it was…banana, marshmallows…? I need to know, hahaha! :D Thanks.

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

They are my ADORE GLo bars (S’more!) :)

46 Karen June 8, 2010

Thanks! They look delicious btw. :)

47 Pam landy June 10, 2010

They are delicious, be prepared to become addicted!

48 Jane June 8, 2010

Hi! I have never posted before but have been reading your blog for a few months now. LOVE IT. You sound like a great girl and are quite an inspiration. I really appreciate that you admit to self doubts etc, because hey, who doesnt??! I am having a horrific day at work dealing with a horrible co worker and just read over your whole experience. I was in tears this morning but after reading your whole story I know I can carry on. I am leaving in a month and a half and know I can find the strength to be the bigger person. aah, ok i am getting all cheesy but just THANK YOU! keep on keepin on!

oh i forgot, the whole reason i was posting was to say that i am affected by rosacea myself and so completely understand how it is. try going skiing, i am red for days!!

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

Thanks for your nice comment…I wish you all the best with you upcoming transition!

50 Katie June 8, 2010

yes! i feel your pain. my boss said to me today “katie i love it because you blush when someone LOOKS at you!”

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

ughhhh that is the worst!

52 katie June 8, 2010

yes, especially because the fun game at work is “try to make katie blush.” it makes me want to scream and hide in embarrassment because i know i just get so red! i feel your pain, girl.

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

omg you are joking me!! I would die…seriously ppl who don’t have the problem don’t understand I guess. It is not fun!
In highschool I was so insecure about it, I used to use green foundation…turns out it just made my skin green looking :( lol

54 JILL June 8, 2010

I have rosacea too. I use a cream from the dermatologist-finacea. He told me my skin would become thickenedpre mature aging if I didnt treat it.Well it works great and I blush less often. Good luck

55 Andrea [Sweet N Green] June 8, 2010

I love that your breakfast looks like dessert! I’m going to freeze some bananas so I can make that soon :)

I was just doing a google search for some new recipes with chick peas too so I can’t wait to see what you have coming!!

56 Kate June 8, 2010

You wouldn’t know you suffer from redness, your skin looks so pretty!

I blush all the time! It can be really annoying, especially at work when I’m flustered and I blush. Like my face is holding up a sign saying “Kate is out of her element right now!” I’m also having a hard time with going to the gym before work. I like to workout pretty hard, and my face will stay red until an hour or two after I have been sitting at the desk. I wonder what my coworkers are thinking with my flushed face?

57 Taylor S. June 8, 2010

I blush so easily! It’s quite annoying. I turn red as soon as I am put on the spot, then I notice that all eyes are on me, then I realize I’m getting red in front of everyone so I get redder! Its a never ending cycle ;)

58 Camille June 8, 2010

What a great idea for a baby shower!
I feel like this is totally something I would do :)

59 Cynthia (It All Changes) June 8, 2010

I have very sensitive skin and have gotten wind burn before. Not a fun feeling.

60 sara June 8, 2010

Ugh! I blush so easily and I hate it!! My face and the top of my chest gets splotchy. I can be feeling really confident in a situation, but slightly nervous or just a little uncomfortable and here comes the splotchies. Sometimes I do not even notice it, until someone else points it out and they think I am embarrassed. When really, it usually has nothing to do with embarrassment at all.

Love the mini glo bars as shower gifts by the way !

61 Bekah June 8, 2010

Love the mini Glow Bars! Yes, I very fair skin so I flush so easily…not my best trait ;)
Can’t wait for the new chickpea recipe!

62 Nicole @ Making Good Choices June 8, 2010

Can’t wait for the new chickpea recipe…I want my life to be changed :)

63 Eimear Rose June 8, 2010

I am such a blusher- I was born blushing, hence my middle name, Rose. I hate it when I do any sort of exercise, my whole face goes dark red, I always look like I’m completely puffed even when I’m ok! My skin gets really warm very quickly like that, but cools very rapidly too, I have Raynaud’s, where my extremities go purple then white. And I have permanent dark eye circles, they’re genetic (my little 11 year old brother even has them).

64 Stacy (StacyGrowsHealthy) June 8, 2010

Those bars look very cute. I like the stork on the packaging. Baby showers are so fun!

65 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 8, 2010

I’m so excited for glo bar wedding favors!! Those mini baby shower ones are adorable :D

xo
K

66 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 8, 2010

Oh Lordy those chickpeas look amazing!!! Sometimes the simplest recipes make for the best dishes. and I love that chart, yet again! “This is NOT how I want to die” lmho!!
Those mini glo bars are cute..the Oh Henry’s look so delicious! What’s in them? I can’t tell if that’s a macadamia nut or a marshmellow. I’m not sure if marshmellows are vegan though so I’m going to guess nut. Either way it’d be absolutely delicious!

67 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 8, 2010

I’m sorry to hear about your windburn. My skin is so sensitive it’s embarrassing. If I clean out my fish tank and miss a spot on my arms where the water hit, I’ll get a rash. If I’m outside in the sun and sweating, I’ll get a rash. It’s just not very fun :(

68 Annie June 8, 2010

The mini bars look SO cute!
We’re blushing twins.
I get on stage, I blush.
I’m put on the spot, I get flushed.
I exercise, I get splotchy.

Do you have any makeup tips to cover it up?

It may not look like it in my photographs but I really do have red cheeks!
It has gotten to the point where I flee from presentations in class because I get so overwhelmed by it. I’m a psychology major and can assume I’ll be put on the spot and need to speak to a lot of people in the future. Ah! It kills me :/ haha

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

When I want to make sure I hide redness, I use a thick concealer. Like for example, when I did my TV interview I wore a thick concealer. I think it is a Vichy product but I am not positive.

70 Amber K June 8, 2010

I have VERY sensistive skin. Rosacea to boot. No fun!

I’m not a huge chickpea fan, and yet…I’m super curious!

71 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 8, 2010

I’m doing a baby shower in August and the baby’s name is Henry. It’s only for about 20 people but maybe since you are working on some right now I thought maybe I might be able to purchase about 20 of them just like those. If not that’s okay also.

72 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 8, 2010

Yes for sure I can :) That would be fun. Just shoot me an email!

73 Kat June 8, 2010

Rosacea in my family and I am a blusher too. To combat flushing, I take 2 Benadryl tabs daily every morning and it reduces the histamine reaction in my face from exercise induced flushing.

My doctor suggested it to me. Works like a charm. Wish I knew about it in high school where I blushed ALOT!

74 Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches June 8, 2010

I just bought those same dishes/bowl from Target! I heart them….It’s funny how becoming a blogger has made me become a crazy dish lady too. Gone are the days when I could stroll by kitchen stores without a second glance. Nowadays, I’m obsessively on the lookout for sales on dishes. My pantry is now stocked with all these beautiful, fun dishes that don’t stack on top of each other at all. I’m glad we can all be crazy dish ladies together. :)

My skin is quite fair, so I get windburn ALL the time. The worst is when I go skiing! I’m a speed demon, and I love the feeling of flying down the mountain. Too bad my face looks like a tomato for the next 24 hrs afterward. I’ve learned to embrace it. I’ve dubbed it my “mountain look”. :)

75 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 8, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness!!!! When I have a baby, I am totally getting some custom glo-bars!!!!! What an awesome idea!!!!!!! I love giving favours out, and I had no idea you did custom orders!!!!!

76 Janelle June 8, 2010

Oh my word, I blush at the drop of a hat, and I mean seriously beat red blush. I can’t hide anything! SO embarrassing sometimes.
I love the look of chalkboard signs with pretty colorful chalk-writing!

77 Helga June 9, 2010

I have always been a blusher and hated it. My mom said I would eventually out grow it. Nope!! I’m now 55 and still get red when I exercise, eat spicy food, drink wine or if attention is on me. I have been using skincare for sensitive skin by Evan Healy for nearly a year and it has really helped.
Love the recipes. I’ve been passing them on to my son and future daughter-in-law.

78 Jessie June 9, 2010

It’s so reassuring to read about someone else that blushes as much as I do! I’ve always hated it but I guess I need to remind myself it’s normal! I really enjoy reading your blog; thanks for all the great recipes and inspiring exercise and healthy-eating posts.

79 Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 9, 2010

Too cute, I love that type of gift pack. I have that exact square bowl from Target. I love the shape of it, hubby not so much. He says it’s odd eating out of a square bowl…LOL! I’m shipping my items out to Debbie & Jami this weekend. I’ve had a hard time figuring out how to ship the crystals w/o them breaking while being shipped…eeek! I finally have them packaged up with plenty of tissue and bubble wrap, so crossing my fingers they will ship to Debbie all in one piece.

I love those tiny glo-bars, too cute and what a great prize to receive at a party!

I did a triathlon about 4 years ago, in January, it was a backwards tri, and it was 29 degrees that day….holy cow, having the swim as the last part of the race was nice because I literally felt like I thawed out. It was an indoor pool, so it was heated and wow, what a great feeling. Anywho, that evening my hubby noticed that my face was burned…I was like how’d that happen, it was freezing cold. Well, cycling an average of 14-15 mph in cold wind, I burned my face. I literally peeled like a sunburn. Eeek!

80 pam landy June 10, 2010

Finally catching up on my favorite blogs and got so excited to see the bars!!! They are ADORABLE! I cannot wait to see them in my mailbox. I think the ladies are going to love them :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

81 Maria Schade June 10, 2010

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chickpeas with pnut butter and maple surple! I added some cinnamon to it today ( I made a double batch last night so I would have some for a snack mid-afternoon) and it was DELISH! Thank you!

And congrats on your Tri! You are amazing!!!

Maria (in Guam)