What A Rush

IMG 12292 thumb1   What A Rush

It was completely amazing to see you guys supporting Shop 4 A Cause 2 so much. I was basically glued to my desk all day long updating bids! It was intense, exhausting, thrilling, and inspiring.

It should also be mentioned that many of your bidding war emails cracked me up. Many a ‘muhuahuahua’s’ were said. Evil cackles and ‘Aw hell no’s’ were frequent.

I may have also added fuel to the fire… (‘Are you really going to stand for this!?’) :angel:

We raised a whopping $3,110 for cancer in just 13 hours!!!!!!!!!! We greatly surpassed  my goal of $2,500!

Thank you all so much!!!! I am forever grateful for your generosity. :heart: Today and tomorrow, I will go through all of the payment emails and connect the winners to the item donors. Winners (on this page) please direct your payment to my online donation page. Please email me (angela@ohsheglows.com) when you have completed your donation. Also please let me know the item name and number you paid for. Thank you!!!

At 10pm, I sat in front of the computer and celebrated with strange picture poses. Inspired by the bidders, I muhauhauha- ha-ha-hawed.

IMG 12252 thumb1   What A Rush

Eric played along, sighing and eye rolling, with each photograph, like any husband would. (I know he secretly loves it though.)

Then we celebrated with copious amounts of the 3 Ingredient homemade chocolate covered raisins (batch #2).

IMG 7173 thumb1   What A Rush

Every time we eat these we claim obnoxiously, ‘I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW GOOD THESE ARE.’ over and over. It’s almost ridiculous how good they taste.

Bed.

I proceeded to stare at the ceiling for 2 hours. I felt like I was jacked up on Red Bull. I think I finally dozed off around 2am.

I woke up with an auction hangover and decided that a wheatgrass shot would help…

IMG 7793 thumb   What A Rush

Then, I had my banana soft serve vegan overnight oats and all was well in the world again.

IMG 7843 thumb   What A Rush

We continue to have a HEAT WAVE in Southern Ontario (yesterday hit 34C!), so these cold, mouth-watering parfaits have been consumed in mass quantities over here.

They will definitely be a summer staple along with Green Monsters!

IMG 7841 thumb   What A Rush

The recipe I used is here, however I added something fun to the mix- Nature’s Path GF Rice Crisp Cereal (on top). It adds a splendid crunch!

IMG 7838 thumb   What A Rush

My banana soft serve didn’t turn out exactly as it should have though. I froze a really brown, brown, brown (aka mushy) banana and it didn’t freeze well. When I tried to process it, it did not process smooth, but more so chunky and icy. To make matters worse, it also tasted bad! Moral of the story- sometimes brown bananas are too brown, at least for banana soft serve! I managed to choke it down though… :whistle:

As I mentioned, I shot a video last week of how to make the Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats. Well, it turns out that I blab way too much so I’m working on cutting it down and will upload it today. I’m a Chatty Cathy when it comes to food I guess.. :biggrin:

Spotted:

I’ll be back with a lunchtime post this afternoon. Have a great day!

Nancy May 27, 2010

Wow!! What an amazing accomplishment.

Jessica @ How Sweet May 27, 2010

That is so fabulous, Ange! Congrats on raising that much!

megan May 27, 2010

wow, way to go! I love how supportive everyone is for things like these!

Lauren M. May 27, 2010

Just a question for you, Angela. Is there a reason you sometimes eat gluten free (Mary’s crackers, Nature’s Path rice crisps…) or do you simply eat these products because they are mighty tasty? I LOVE Mary’s crackers!

P.S. I too was constantly refreshing my OSG page ALL day yesterday. My boyfriend is certain that I love OSG more that I love him. Not true…but it is an addiction. ;-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2010

Ahh so you are why my page views went way up…! ;-)

I just love Mary’s Crackers…I don’t eat them cuz they are GF, but I do love that they don’t contain flour and only contains seeds and rice. It is a nice change from all the flour based products we have in this world.

Mary May 27, 2010

wah-hoo!! So exicing how much you raised!!

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks May 27, 2010

Congratulations on raising so much!

Have you ever tried tempering the chocolate for your raisins? It results in a shiny, professional-looking result. Worth playing around with!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2010

No I have not, but DO TELL! =)

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks May 27, 2010

Here’s a simple tutorial for tempering chocolate. You can find lots of helpful guides all over the internet, but I think this one explains things very clearly:

and here’s a more scientific explanation of the process:

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 27, 2010

Wowowow! $3k FANTASTIC!! Congrats :)

Those chocolate covered raisins look so good.

Jenn

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 27, 2010

Congrats on raising a boatload of money!! The blog world is so amazing, isn’t it?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2010

Yes it is…amazing!

So May 27, 2010

Hi Angela,
I tried the chocolate covered raisins (using melted coconut butter) and they are fabulous. They really taste like those we had when we were children, with no weird ingredient in them. I also tried it with dried cranberries, it was OK but I preferred with raisins.
Thanks for another quick and easy revisited recipe with a healthy twist!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2010

Glad you liked them and tks for the tip about the cranberries. We also tried it with almonds and did not like the result as much- at least for this quick and dirty method!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg May 27, 2010

Amazing!!! Inspiring!!!!

Jill@MySoCalledHealthLife May 27, 2010

Congrats!! What an amazing accomplishment! Such an inspiration, as always :-)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 27, 2010

Great job with the fundraising! And what a great cause

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies May 27, 2010

Ahh! Amazing!! What a great donation!!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 27, 2010

That is so awesome! I love how you can really reach out to people in the blog world. I can’t wait to get going on over night oats again. It’s cold, rainy and just gross here and so I have to have my typical oats to warm me up.

jassy May 27, 2010

that’s a great accomplishment!=) Congrats!

34′c is hot, here in my part of the world, it’s 38′c=)

Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 27, 2010

Congratulations Angela, you are amazing!! What a great event for a great cause :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 27, 2010

you’re so cute…i love the pictures of you by the computer! i didn’t realize that frozen bananas for a lot of people’s treats were brown…i typically use ripe ones, but it makes sense to let them brown more and let the sugars develop!

Sarah for Real May 27, 2010

That confirms it, brown bananas can only lead to banana bread!

I’m so glad your auction went well. It was fun to watch online too!

Kara @ MyWellnest May 27, 2010

Congrats on the successful auction!!!

Danielle (Runs on Green) May 27, 2010

I’m glad Shop 4 A Cause is going so well!!

I agree on the bananas…I’ve tried “salvaging” brown bananas by freezing them only to discover: yup, they’re still bad in their frozen state

Amber K May 27, 2010

That is incredibly amazing! I wish I had money to participate, but I’m impressed with that much fundraising! Yay!

I’ve had that problem with bananas before, I definitely want them mushy before freezing for the best flavor, but sometimes they are just too bad.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 27, 2010

Yay! I have been DYING for that video!
And congrats on all of that money raised!

Tina May 27, 2010

I love that term – “Chatty Cathy”. I think that’s what I should dub my new nickname. I can ramble as well. I look forward to seeing the video.

Your “muahaha” picture cracked me up!

Adrienmelaine (confessionsofahealthnut) May 27, 2010

Congrats on your successful fundraising! That’s great-

I totally hear you on the cold breakfasts in the heat- I cannot wait for those days- it’s not that nice in BC yet!

Ashley May 27, 2010

Love the photos, haha!! I bet yesterday was really fun watching the bids come in! The amount of money you raised is incredible. This took a lot of work..kudos Angela!!! I need to make VOO again soon..I’m going on a 2 day kick of pnut butter banana green monster..sooo yummm :)

Paige (Running Around Normal) May 27, 2010

I’m SO glad it went so well!! Congrats, Ange. You put in a TON of hard work. Glad it’s paid off:)

Ruby May 27, 2010

I’ve been on a banana-soft-serve-VOO kick lately! I call it “banana oatmeal parfait”. Thanks for the recipe you’re a genius!! I’m also wondering when your Oakville farmer’s market starts? I live in Oakville and #1 didn’t know about the market so I’m super excited and #2 very excited to try my first Glo bars!

Erin May 27, 2010

Wow, what a great amount of money raised for this fantastic cause. Way to go and congrats to the winners! :D

Jenny May 27, 2010

Congrats on raising so much money! I’m so glad it was a success:)

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 27, 2010

YAY!! That is so awesome!!! Congrats on raising so much!!!!

Shannon May 27, 2010

Congratulations on the fund-raising!!! And thank you for mentioning the healthy360 bag giveaway – I won 2nd place, woohoo!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear May 27, 2010

Awesome, congrats!

I love your raising, chocolate ones are the best :)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear May 27, 2010

raising= raisins :D

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) May 27, 2010

Re: Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats – Genius! Looking fwd to the video ;)

Triathlonbabe May 27, 2010

I love your humor girlie! Great pics totally showing the excitement that was had while watching the clock tick with those updated bids!!! Fun stuff! I liked this idea so much that I am going to steal a form of it for our fundraising efforts for Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society in Sept. I am team captain for our team this year. I may ask you for some ideas as we plan our theme this year. Last year, because my team is our Rowlett, Tx. Jazzercise group, we were the Jazzin for a cure team and our colors were pink and black zebra print….too fun! I’ve been doing this function since 2002 and love it. You did an awesome job on this one gal and I totally commend you!

As for the banana soft serve, I wish I had the time to make that in the AM prior to work. I may have to try that on the weekends. And those raisins, God if I liked raisins, I’d have to make those….aw heck I might anyway just to taste this superlicious looking chocolate. Chocolate makes things taste better anyway. :)

BTW, with your wheatgrass shot, do you put anything else in it when you drink it or just water and wheatgrass? I used OJ and it was really good.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 27, 2010

Just plain old H20- but OJ sounds much better!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 27, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!! That’s fantastic!!!!!!

Sarah May 27, 2010

It’s hot here, too. I think breakfast tomorrow is going to be banana soft serve vegan overnight oats! :-)

Lynne May 27, 2010

Well done, Angela. That is an amazing accomplishment! :)

Allison @ Food For Healing May 27, 2010

congrats everyone that participated! That is amazing!!

Heat wave?! We’ve been having rain constantly, yesterday and today we’ve finally had the sun poke out, but not much warmer than 15C! and its supposed to Rain, Rain, Rain ALL weekend too.

I just might have to come live with you!

claire May 27, 2010

It is great to find out how successful the auction went! I wish I could have taken part but was way too busy working! Your chocolate covered raisins look and sound wonderful. I know I would love them since raisinets were my fave movie theater candy growing up.

Page 1 of 212»