Friday Fun

Happy Friday to all. :w00t:

Well, last night is what I would like to call a yoga sorta fail.

• I got the mat out
  • Turned off the lights
  • Lit a candle
  • Turned the video on

I was doing good for the first 5 minutes of the video and then the next thing I know it is 2 hours later and I wake up on the yoga mat with Sketchie sleeping on my tummy. :whistle:

I guess my body had other plans for me. It was fabulous.

I also got to see The Office and The Marriage Ref. Eric decided that he wants to bring me on The Marriage Ref to discuss my Crazy Dish Lady status.

I started the morning off with a fresh juice to use up some of the discount veggies.

It contained: 1 lime, 1/2 English cuke, 1/4 lemon, 1 beet, 1/2 tomato, 2 carrots:

IMG 69632 thumb   Friday Fun

Beet + Lime = bliss

IMG 6964 thumb   Friday Fun

IMG 7003 thumb   Friday Fun

This was so energizing!

IMG 69992 thumb   Friday Fun

After doing a bit of paperwork, I set out to the kitchen to throw together Banana Soft Serve VOO.

IMG 6969 thumb   Friday Fun

IMG 6979 thumb   Friday Fun

Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve VOO

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Amazing Meal chocolate powder
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • Layer with: Banana soft serve
  • Layer with: Blueberry Jam

Directions: Whisk VOO ingredients together with a whisk. Place in fridge overnight. In the morning make the banana soft serve by processing a frozen banana in the food processor for a few minutes, scraping sides as necessary. Now layer the BSS with the VOO and add some blueberry jam.

IMG 69932 thumb   Friday Fun

I ate it in a blueberry jam jar a la Heather. The blueberry jam was really good in this mix! I actually meant to add in a layer of jam in the middle, but I forgot.

IMG 69902 thumb   Friday Fun

It is a major paper work day for me this morning. I am hoping to get out for a swim or run at lunch (Please SUN peak out!) and then we have family arriving this afternoon. Tonight, we are having a big birthday get together to celebrate my father-in-law’s and my birthday. Should be good times.

Have a great Friday!

Jessica @ How Sweet May 14, 2010

I made regular stovetop oats this morning, and stirred in banana soft serve – OMG! Delicious. I don’t think I could do overnight, because I wouldn’t like the cold, but I loved the warm + cold mix. I also added peanut butter and coconut butter, which kinda melted.

Have a great time tonight! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

That is such a great idea! I wondered how that would taste.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 14, 2010

Oh WOW! You are a genius, that sounds incredible!!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 14, 2010

That’s more like a yoga VICTORY!!

Denise May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday,then! Hope you enjoy your time with family!!

I am just ADORING the new look of your site!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

Thank you!

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ May 14, 2010

You must have been tired if you fell asleep on the mat. It was probably just what you needed.

kalli@fitandfortysomething May 14, 2010

it sounds like you were just wiped out for sure! and that you wiped out too :)

Ilana May 14, 2010

That’s adorable! My cat has a thing for walking under and around me while I’m in downward dog…it’s so funny

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini May 14, 2010

Sometimes sleeping is a worthy yoga practice!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love May 14, 2010

Too funny that you fell asleep doing yoga. At least you were home, I am always scared that I will do that in class!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 14, 2010

Do you just use one banana for your softserve? It looks like you get so much!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

Yep :) Sometimes if you add a tiny bit of almond milk it bulks it up!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 14, 2010

I noticed on Twitter last night you said you might use your tax return to buy a vita-mix! I hope you do, because I bought one, and I am lost for ideas of what to make in it besides my usual smoothies! I have never seen the commercials for the vita-mix so I don’t know what it can all do. If you have one, I know you will come up with cool recipes that I can try :-) Hehe!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

haha I’m tempted. as to whether or not I will buy one…the jury is still out!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 14, 2010

That yoga story is hilarious because it’s something I’d do. Our bodies know best, though! Not sure if it’s today or you’re just doing an early celebration, but Happy Birthday!

Shilpa May 14, 2010

Angela
Your most newest blog reader and am hooked!Love it to bits and am drooling over your recipes (all of them).What blender do you use to make that morning beet/fruit dring?I cannot afford a blendtec/vitamix right now.But dont wanna wait till I can get one,to make this drink!

Have devoured most of your articles…you are beautiful and the results shows!
Here’s for your passion and love!
Regards
S

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

Shilpa, Thank you! :) I use a Breville Juicer to make the juice :)

Ameena May 14, 2010

So funny that you fell asleep! I can’t fall asleep unless I am in bed or in front of the TV.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels May 14, 2010

It’s sunny in Toronto this morning, but still quite chilly . . . I’m head out on a run soon but I’ll have to bundle up. Hope the sun is stretching to your house too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

Sun is out now!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg May 14, 2010

Have a fun birthday celebration! TOO funny that you fell asleep on the mat– I guess it was REALLY relaxing yoga :-)

Wei-Wei May 14, 2010

LOL. Sleepy, eh? It’s good that you let your body do its thing, though. :)

Just wondering; is it the chia seeds that give your VOO creamy consistency? I’ve tried it without and it works just fine, too. I’ve heard that chia seeds make liquids sort of… well, gummy? Gooey? (Apparently it’s because of the soluble fiber they contain?)

Have a great Friday! And happy birthday to you and your father-in-law! :D

Wei-Wei

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

Chia seeds get really ‘gel-like’ in liquids. It turns a lot of people off, but I am used to it. They are also flavourless so if you can get over the consistency, then you are good to go. They have a ton of great nutrients…loaded with omega 3 + 6..antioxidants etc

Bethany @ More Fruit Please May 14, 2010

Haha, that’s too funny that you fell asleep during yoga! You poor thing – your body must have been really tired! Your veggie juice looks so refreshing! I’m a huge fan of fruity green monsters, but haven’t worked up the courage to try carrots or beets in mine. I think that the appeal of anything will go up if you stick it in a cute jar! The blueberry VOO look Ah-mazing!

Raya @ Raya Runs May 14, 2010

I just love that bowl of veggies, so colorful!! And I love making fresh juice. I’ve gotta drag my juicer out of the garage, it’s been there since I moved a month ago. Love!!

Elizabeth May 14, 2010

Hi Raya!

Just read some of your blog and saw that you are a Second degree in Taekwondo. That is so great! I am a Fifth degree in ATA Taekwondo and got started running last Nov. (loving it! even though I started at age 50! LOL)

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow woman martial artist! Have a great day!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 14, 2010

I can’t believe you fell asleep while doing yoga. I mean, I can believe it, but when I get that sleepy I just hop into bed (which is, like, less than a foot away) haha

Marina May 14, 2010

I had overnight oats today, and for the first time, I actually enjoyed it :))
I love making soft serve for hot oats, that combo hot&cold is amazing!
My overnight oats also had a hot addition, frozen fruit quickly heated in the microwave. yum!

Scott from YourInnerSkinny May 14, 2010

Beet juice, eh? I’m not sure how I feel about that! Although I DO like the thought of napping instead of doing yoga, ha ha.

Have a great Friday!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

I used to HATE beets until I started juicing them. Its really the only way I have grown to like them.

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 14, 2010

note to self: MUST make overnight oats with banana soft serve IMMEDIATELY! ;)

Shilpa May 14, 2010

Thanks Ang!What do you use to make the Green monster?Could not make a search on your blog for breville?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

For the green monster I have a Kitchenaid blender but I do not suggest getting one..mine has broken twice.

Kelly May 14, 2010

Haha that looks like a baby bottle!

Nicci@NiftyEats May 14, 2010

Glad to see I’m not the only one who falls asleep on the yoga mat. It happened when I did the Crunch Fitness Candle Light Yoga. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

that sounds heavenly! Right up my alley…hahaha

ashley May 14, 2010

Lava flow of VOO…LOVE it!!! That looks insane! That is hilarious about yoga…glad you got in some rest!!! :)

Kilee May 14, 2010

Haha! Yoga ALWAYS makes me want to go to sleep. I guess your body just needed some more rest. I have BSS w/ VOO waiting for me as I type. Yum! Have a great day!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com May 14, 2010

how fabulous that its spewing over in deliciousness. YUM! <3 lots of love put into there, thats for sure!

Katie May 14, 2010

hehe, must have needed that relaxing yoga session! I’m sure that 2 hour nap was even better ;)

Camille May 14, 2010

I always love how your breakfast is just spilling over the sides… it reminds me of something I would see in an old fashioned diner :)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) May 14, 2010

Oh man, I always threaten to bring Dan on the marriage ref (even though we aren’t married). He doesn’t understand WHY I don’t like him leaving used cotton swabs and paper towels everywhere, for days at a time.

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition May 14, 2010

I lover vegetable juice! My favorite combo right now is carrots, beets, kale, and lemon! I’ve never tried lime in it– I’ll have make that tomorrow. Yoga is so peaceful- love your set up with the candles. What I love about yoga is that it’s all about your body and what it needs in THAT moment. Your body obvious needed a little rest. Enjoy your weekend!

xo

Jocelyn

Kacy May 14, 2010

That’s awesome that you fell asleep on the mat! You must have been quite relaxed :)

Amber K May 14, 2010

I love the marriage ref, too, too funny! The veggie/fruit juice looks great!

Lisa May 14, 2010

That looks delicious! Almost like a dessert…. :

Carolyn May 14, 2010

Awww! That’s adorable! =D Sketchie must have made a nice tummy warmer, haha!

I hope the sun comes out today for you! It’s been really nice here the last few days, so I am sending you as many mental sun waves as I can! ~^

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 14, 2010

your smoothie looks amazing! i am coming here for smoothie inspiration always.

Alicia May 14, 2010

Your accidental-nap story kiiiiiiiiiiiiiilled me, mostly because I have TOTALLY done that ;)

Erin May 14, 2010

Hey Angela,

Just wondering where you get your Amazing Grass powder – I looked on the website and it charges $16 for shipping to Canada! Any stores that carry it? Thx!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

You can purchase it at Whole Foods and other health food stores too…I would check on their website?

Triathlonbabe May 14, 2010

I’ve been ordering my Amazing Grass from Amazon, seems a bit cheaper than Whole foods.

Michelle May 14, 2010

OMGosh Ange I just made your overnight oats and layered with banana AND blueberry preserves!!!! I actuallly posted about it and used your recipe to try to inspire people to enter a giveaway. :) I’m giving away 2 jars of organic preserves and immediately thought of you and your love for gourmet flavors! Strawberry basil preserves or blueberry merlot jam strike your fancy?

Page 1 of 212»