Friday Fun

Happy Friday to all. :w00t:

Well, last night is what I would like to call a yoga sorta fail.

• I got the mat out
  • Turned off the lights
  • Lit a candle
  • Turned the video on

I was doing good for the first 5 minutes of the video and then the next thing I know it is 2 hours later and I wake up on the yoga mat with Sketchie sleeping on my tummy. :whistle:

I guess my body had other plans for me. It was fabulous.

I also got to see The Office and The Marriage Ref. Eric decided that he wants to bring me on The Marriage Ref to discuss my Crazy Dish Lady status.

I started the morning off with a fresh juice to use up some of the discount veggies.

It contained: 1 lime, 1/2 English cuke, 1/4 lemon, 1 beet, 1/2 tomato, 2 carrots:

IMG_6963 (2)

Beet + Lime = bliss

IMG_6964

IMG_7003

This was so energizing!

IMG_6999 (2)

After doing a bit of paperwork, I set out to the kitchen to throw together Banana Soft Serve VOO.

IMG_6969

IMG_6979

Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve VOO

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Amazing Meal chocolate powder
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • Layer with: Banana soft serve
  • Layer with: Blueberry Jam

Directions: Whisk VOO ingredients together with a whisk. Place in fridge overnight. In the morning make the banana soft serve by processing a frozen banana in the food processor for a few minutes, scraping sides as necessary. Now layer the BSS with the VOO and add some blueberry jam.

IMG_6993 (2)

I ate it in a blueberry jam jar a la Heather. The blueberry jam was really good in this mix! I actually meant to add in a layer of jam in the middle, but I forgot.

IMG_6990 (2)

It is a major paper work day for me this morning. I am hoping to get out for a swim or run at lunch (Please SUN peak out!) and then we have family arriving this afternoon. Tonight, we are having a big birthday get together to celebrate my father-in-law’s and my birthday. Should be good times.

Have a great Friday!

Page 2 of 2«12
Sarah May 15, 2010

The banana blueberry soft-serve looks AMAZING!!! I love healthy cold treats like that.

Heather May 14, 2010

Wow, that breaky is right up my alley!
Great to find your blog!

Rachael May 14, 2010

I’ve fallen asleep during sivasana before. Those two or three minute naps are heavenly.
Beet and lime – can’t believe I never thought of that combination.
Happy Birthday in advance!

Triathlonbabe May 14, 2010

Wow, sometimes I feel like falling asleep when I go to hot yoga but I think if I did I’d melt…teehee! :) I so need a yoga practice. I am sleep deprived and stressed this week. I have vowed to put in my regularly scheduled workouts and eating habits back into gear starting next week.

OMG, those oats look so scrumptalicious!!!! I just invested in a food processor today and I will begin using my juicer next week. I can’t wait to try these delicious juices you speak of. I also can’t wait to baptize my new food processor by making the Jiffy Spelt Veggie patties! Woohoo!!!

Sophie @ yumventures May 14, 2010

I always fall asleep at the end of yoga…I LOVE that you fell asleep in the beginning!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) May 14, 2010

haha I have been known to fall asleep during the meditation section of our yoga class ooops ;)

Samantha @ Food Edu May 14, 2010

I like your yoga story–sometimes things like that happen. I have yet to try a soft serve–looks pretty dang good!

Michal May 14, 2010

Gotta love a relaxing yoga session :-p
I just started following your blog and am really enjoying it. The Soft-Serve is top on my list to try this weekend! There’s this new thing in NYC called Voguert where they blend in bits of fruit and I keep thinking that bits of berries in the Soft Serve would be amazing….

Melodie May 14, 2010

Hi! I have been following your blog for about 3 weeks now and love it :) I do have a question though… do you peel your lime before juicing it? I know I peel my oranges and such, but have never tried using a lime!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 14, 2010

Oh my gosh Angela, your banana soft serve oat parfait looks beautiful. Seriously, almost too pretty to eat, and I love the addition of blueberry jam!

Hope you get all your paperwork done today so that you can your enjoy evening with the fam!

Paige (Running Around Normal) May 14, 2010

Now that is some relaxing yoga! I think I’d call that a success :D
Have fun tonight, girl!

Tina May 14, 2010

Haha! That’s awesome. I take yoga in classes at my gym so that keeps me more awake, but I know there are times when laying on the mat I definitely feel the urge to drift off. Happy to hear you got the rest you needed.

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad May 14, 2010

I got a Breville Juicer for my grad school graduation, and I can’t wait to try some new recipes!! Do you juice the entire beet?

Erin at The Healthy Apron May 14, 2010

I love that you fell asleep before Yoga. How calming. I guess your body knew what it needed!!

Corinne May 14, 2010

OMG I love that you just fell asleep while doing yoga! I have come SO close but the eyes have never completely closed on me.

I have yet to get into overnight oats because I am slightly confused…do you really just combine the oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla, powder and put in the fridge over night? That’s it? No cooking? This sounds like a breakfast sent from heaven.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

You got it! No cooking :)

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 14, 2010

HAHA! That’s hilarious. I fall asleep in savasana often. :) If your body needs rest, it needs rest!

I just saw your tweet. Hope everything is okay. :-/

Danica May 14, 2010

I LOVE the bright color of your veggie juice/smoothie…..now if I can only convince myself to have an all vegetable one with beets :)

I NEVER thought of adding blueberry jam to the banana soft serve mix – I LOVE that idea…MUST try :)

Happy Friday!

Allison @ Food For Healing May 14, 2010

i love the color of the juice!

and i love the overflowing-ness of the soft serve VOO! it looks delish.

Cindy May 14, 2010

Hi, Angela! I made a bread today that I thought you might like. Vegan Coconut Banana bread anyone? I am sure you can tweak it to make it even healthier, but it isn’t bad!

Sarah for Real May 14, 2010

Now that’s MY kind of yoga!

I think I should try that out immediately :D

Leah May 14, 2010

Hope you have a great birthday celebration! I love that you fell asleep doing yoga, its definitely relaxing eh?

OH, and I LOVE the Marriage Ref – its hilarious!

Sassy Molassy May 14, 2010

This is such a beautiful meal! Love it.