In The Raw

IMG 6062 thumb   In The Raw

Today marks the first day that I am shooting in RAW with our Canon 30D!

So far it isn’t as scary as I thought. I have a lot to learn though. Anyone else shoot in RAW? :) I have Adobe Lightroom, but I just need to figure out how to use it…

IMG 6054 thumb   In The Raw

This morning I woke up craving a Green Monster! I can’t go more than a day or two without coming back to the green.

IMG 6056 thumb   In The Raw

In this GM: 1 cup hemp milk, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheatgrass powder, 1 frozen ripe banana, 1 tbsp chia seed, 1 tsp maca powder, 1 tbsp cashew butter, ice, oh and 3 cups spinach. ;)

IMG 6057 thumb   In The Raw

Glo Bar Updates:

Farmer’s Market Hiring:

• I am looking to hire energetic and passionate individuals to work with me at the Harbourside Organic Farmer’s Market in Oakville this summer! If you are in the Milton or Oakville area and would like to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to resume@globakery.com by Friday May 7th. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply!

I’m off to get my orders done this morning, followed by a possible lunch-time workout, and then desk work this afternoon.

Coming up this afternoon on 1,000 Words…Venice!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 4, 2010

I feel like I haven’t had a GM in ages but its only been a few days – they are addicting! I am getting chia seeds TODAY in the mail for the first time ever and can’t wait to experiment with them!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

oh you will have a ball!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 4, 2010

Love your photo with the water falling. You’re a great photographer!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 4, 2010

I had a GM yesterday for the first time in a while and it was SO AMAZING.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 4, 2010

Beautiful photos!! What makes shooting in RAW different?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

Check out the link I included in the post, it gives a quick overview.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 4, 2010

Oops sorry, I totally missed the link!!! :)

Shawna @ Balancing Me May 4, 2010

ME! I love shooting in RAW format. I’ve been doing it for years, and I haven’t ever thought of going back to JPGs. Lightroom is awesome, too! Do you know how to use the little eyedropper tool to fix your white balance quickly?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

haha unfortunately…no!
I did white balance with a drop down menu onthe side tho (I think!) How do you use the eye dropper?

Shawna @ Balancing Me May 4, 2010

Once in the Develop section, on the top right of the right panel, there’s a little eye dropper. Click it and then go and click the part of your photo that is naturally white. Try it with a person and click the white of one of their eyes. It’s just a quick way to see if you’re even in the correct white balance ballpark until you’re able to tell which corrections you need to make by eye.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

Thanks got it!

Lizzie May 4, 2010

I shoot RAW and L files – the problem I have RAW is the size. My poor little ‘puter (which is also my work computer) is really chugging hard right now, even with my external drives. Time to get a new one . . .? :) I am thinking about getting Aperture (have a refund to spend at Mapple), but I really need to do some research on it first to make sure I understand it all :) That definition link you gave at the top of this post is perfect. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

What is Apperture? A software?

Lizzie May 5, 2010

Yes – it’s a Mac photo editing software program with a little more ‘oomph’ than iPhoto.

Meg May 4, 2010

Looks like a good Green Monster!
Enjoy the weather today – it looks like a nice day out!

Just wanted to let you know I made the vegan overnight oats last night, had them this morning and fell in love!!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 4, 2010

I always shoot RAW

Jessica @ How Sweet May 4, 2010

Those photos are beautiful, as usual!

Nichole May 4, 2010

Bah! Wish I lived closer, I’d totally apply:)

Lizz (Leading the Good Life) May 4, 2010

Me too!! Sounds fun! :)

Sebrina May 4, 2010

I always shoot raw! You will love it! You have so much more control over your exposure and white balance.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels May 4, 2010

I can’t take how awesome your pictures look lately. They are just so pretty and appetizing. I feel like jumping out of my seat to make a green monster right now.

Lauren @ Health on the Run May 4, 2010

Your pictures look awesome!! I love the one of the spinach being washed.

Good luck finding your new employee!! Makes me wish I lived near you!! :)

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition May 4, 2010

Your photos look great! Love the water drops. I want to buy a good camera (it’s added to my list of things!) haha

How exciting your expanding and hiring. So exciting! Good for you : )

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 4, 2010

Thanks ladies! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 4, 2010

i really need a GM soon…i’m having withdrawals. so, you’re shooting in RAW is awesome! also, let me know if you need help with basic lightroom stuff…it’s so amazing once you figure it out!

can’t wait for Venice!

Ameena May 4, 2010

I know very little about photography (which is apparent by the pics on my blog) but I am also wondering what RAW means?

Claire May 4, 2010

I am going to have to read that link about shooting in the RAW next because I have no clue but am not so sure my camera can even do that…proves how much I know about photography! I wish I could work at the farmer’s market with you but too far!

Camille May 4, 2010

Aww, I wish I lived in the area so I could apply!
Southern California would be a long commute though :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 4, 2010

I always shoot in RAW and use lightroom, so feel free to email/gchat me later if you want help. I’ve done a lot of figuring stuff out on my own. Your pics look great though!

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow May 4, 2010

I can’t go much more than a day without my green either!!!!

Yesterday we had a boil water order here in Boston so I had to wash all dished with spring water or well boiled water. You bet yourself I was washing my blender with 3 bottles of spring water!!!! :) Couldn’t resist!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 4, 2010

Those photos are AWESOME! I love how you were able to catch the water “in action”! :) I would really like to invest in another camera, as I’m finding my photos are somewhat mediocre :( I currently have a Canon SD780 IS, which is nice for fun photos with friends and whatnot, but not great with my “foodie photos”!
Does anyone have any recommendations on other cameras they may use and like but aren’t TOO expensive?

Grace aka Triathlonbabe May 4, 2010

Your photography is amazing Angela! you must have an awesome camera.

I also am addicted to GM’s and VOO, just finished my serving of Banana Cashew creme VOO’s this AM and will be full till lunch today.

Have a super day and a great workout!

Wei-Wei May 4, 2010

I’ve only tried GMs once… I’m always under the watchful eye of my mom and she is quite disparaging of them. Frozen spinach isn’t very readily available where I live, and fresh spinach… well, let’s just say that I don’t ever get enough to put in GMs. Plus, I really really just like plain, cooked wilted spinach. It’s delicious :D

Have a great day! :)

Wei-Wei

meghan May 4, 2010

shooting in raw is the only way to go! doesn’t really require anything extra, it just gives you SO much more control in the editing process.

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 4, 2010

Those pictures are beautiful! Wow!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 4, 2010

That sounds like my dream summer job. Why don’t I live in Canada again?!? : )

Danielle (Coffee Run) May 4, 2010

I LOVE your camera. The pic of the water droplets is amazing!

I would work at the farmer’s market!! (If I didn’t live 8 million miles away)

Therese May 4, 2010

Thanks for the link on shooting with RAW! I must see if I can use that on my own camera!

And now I have a super craving for a GM!

Mary @ What's Cookin' with Mary May 4, 2010

Your GM is making me want one ! I made my mother in law a starberry banana one yesterday… wait, let me go back… I made one for me and my husband bc she insisted that she didn’t want one. She watched me make them and then asked to taste some… She LOVED it… I ended up giving mine to her and making a pineapple banana one (with black boar KALE… she was SURE she wouldn’t like it), which she liked even more :D SUCCESS!

Ashley May 4, 2010

Do you like it RAW? hehe Love the first photo! The last one looks like a fake backdrop!!

Jil May 4, 2010

Mmm this has got me craving a GM!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie May 4, 2010

I wish I lived near you! That’d be so much freaking fun!

Jess @ MTL Veggie May 4, 2010

To think I used to live in Oakville, damn move lol
Good luck with your search :)

Suzanne May 4, 2010

I don’t know why but I just love the pictures you post of rinsing veggies and fruit under your faucet. The water beads are very nature-esque and they look so fresh and clean. :-)

Allison @ Food For Healing May 4, 2010

aw i love the pictures, they are PURDY. especially ones outside, i wish we were having nice weather. We had SNOW again today… like come on its May.

Jolene May 4, 2010

I have to read more about this RAW photography … never heard of it until now!

Becka @Studio222 May 4, 2010

I shoot 100% in RAW and never EVER will shoot jpeg. And I edit in Lightroom and PS3. :) If you have any questions, I’d be happy to help.