Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

Top of the morning to ya :)

First a couple notes about last night’s post…

1) I had not seen this Double Down burger you guys speak of, but I had to look it up and wow is all I can say. One reason I am glad we don’t have cable? ;) I guess we can call my lunch a healthy vegan double down?

2) As I mentioned, I am getting a new helmet, have no fear!

Varietypackpicture 2 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

It’s time for the Spring Glo Bar Variety Pack Launch!

The first 25 customers who place an order today using the discount code SPRING10 will receive 15% off your entire order!

There are a limited amount of variety packs up for grabs as well as Adore (S’more) and Empower (chocolate coffee) on sale! Click here to be taken to the shopping cart.

Banana Cashew Cream Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 5319 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

Banana cashew cream. Banana cashew cream. Need I say more?

PM Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Choc. Amazing Meal powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: In a bowl, mix together the above ingredients with a whisk and place in fridge overnight. Make Banana cashew sauce and place in container in fridge overnight.

IMG 5324 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

AM toppings:

• Other half of banana, sliced into rounds
  • Banana cashew cream sauce (process 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp cashew butter, 1 tbsp milk, 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup)

Directions: In the morning, give the overnight oats a quick stir. Layer the VOO and alternate with sliced banana and banana cashew cream sauce. Add toppings and enjoy!

IMG 5313 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

The Banana Cashew Cream Sauce was divine! I had one horrible sleep last night, but I was so happy during breakfast. :)

IMG 5327 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

I mentioned on the weekend that Eric has a strong disliking for my ‘blog’ dishware.

I have lots of random bowls and plates that I like to use for blog photography. They are girly, frilly, bold, bright, and albeit tacky at times.

Eric has grown annoyed with each piece I add to the collection because they are cluttering our cupboards to no end…

IMG 5298 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

Let me show you the good first, just so you don’t think I am some crazy dish lady

IMG 4926 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

We hoard wine glasses.

Actually the wine glasses are from my Wedding Shower- we bought 20 glasses from Wal-Mart for $20- they were about the same price as the plastic ones so we got the glass and got to keep them! :)

IMG 4928 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

Plates…

IMG 4935 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish LadyIMG 4929 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

One of these things is not like the other… :mrgreen:

IMG 5300 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

And then all hell breaks loose…

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a Crazy Dish Lady.

IMG 5306 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

This is what Eric refers to as B.S.- My Blogging Stash, of course.

IMG 5308 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

I swear the blog did this to me. I was never this crazy before!

IMG 5307 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

My bowls have overflowed onto my green monster shelf…

IMG 4930 thumb   Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

You know what I realized? I don’t need the other cupboard! Take that husband, with your high and mighty matching Debbie Travis dishware. I like having my bowls next to protein powder anyways.

Moral of the story: Annoy your significant other. Play with your food. ‘Nough said.

Today’s question: Are you a crazy dish lady? Do you like buying fun plates, utensils, bowls, or strange kitchen gadgets? Or do you have a thrill for collecting some other item you’d like to tell me about?

I know I’m not alone… ;) Fess up!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 27, 2010

I actually just bought a ton of fun bowls/plates from Goodwill. They were super cheap (.59 – 1.99) and I got some really nice stuff! It makes it more fun to take photographs when your plates are pretty!

And banana cashew cream… sounds like heaven!!

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 27, 2010

That’s such a great idea!! I didn’t even think of that!!

Laura Georgina April 27, 2010

OMG YES!!! I am a crazy dish lady (I have singles and doubles, at most, of anything) and an even crazier mug lady–none of our mugs match and it makes our very uptight, prim-and-proper neighbors a bit uneasy every time we’ve had them over for tea.

I also “collect” (as in stash and don’t take care of” those random free postcards (promotional or touristy) that you get at museums, movie theaters, coffee shops, etc. The more ridiculous, the better. They make great bookmarks and you’re guaranteed a laugh–I mean, who doesn’t need a beer-pounding squirrel ad for a London bar from 2005?

Lynda April 27, 2010

The funny thing is that I never had this problem until I discovered your blog :) Now every time I see a dish, or a spoon, or a glass on your blog….I’m on the hunt. And I am running out of space, I think it’s time to spring clean.
Thanks Angela ;)

ps. I loooovveee overnight oats, my new favorite breakfast.

Jessica @ How Sweet April 27, 2010

I am a crazy dish lady, too! Mine started before the blog, because my grandma always bought fun, wacky dishes. Guess its good I started a blog. :)

Diana April 27, 2010

I’m not a crazy dish lady, but that’s because I live with my parents so I don’t really have space for more dishes! :P

Tonyne @ Unlikely Success Story April 27, 2010

I found myself looking at random plates at a discount pottery store the other day…just for blog pictures. :/

It happens.

Nikki T April 27, 2010

I will have to confess that I’m with Eric on this one! All my dishes, cups and glasses match…
I guess you can still call me a ‘crazy dish lady’ ?!? ;)

However…if I had a blog…things might be different!!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love April 27, 2010

My roommate and I have different dishes and our cabinets are hilarious. She has one set of the same dishes (matching plates, tea cups, and bowls) and then I have a little of everything. All different shapes and sizes. Variety is fun :)

Violet April 27, 2010

I have always particularly admired your blog dishes. They are the cutest ever. But then, I am a crazy dish lady. I have a real thing for them, and always cruise thrift stores and garage sales for good finds. I have had to curb by impulse to buy when I noticed that I had to give away dishes in order to make room for new dishes. My newest obsession is bamboo dishes, especially little bowls and serving platters. So zen.

DeAnna April 27, 2010

Angela, are you still putting banana in your VOO at night? I made VOO this weekend and it was amazing, but was unable to finish the whole bowl!!! Just wondering if you were making modifications… Thanks.. and keep up the great work, following your blog has been EXTREMELY helpful on my transition to VEGAN!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 27, 2010

Hi DeAnna,

I don’t always use a banana…sometimes when I use the chocolate protein powder I find it doesnt need any sweetness other than that. Or in today’s recipe, I didn’t add a banana because I was using one in the cream sauce. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 27, 2010

this is too funny…i’m TOTALLY turning into a crazy dish lady! but my husband is actually the one who helped with that…he’s a photographer and when i started to do photography for the blog he was all “this white stuff isn’t going to work. you need brighter dishes!” :)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 27, 2010

I have to resist buying dishes because I share my cupboards with two other roommates. They already don’t appreciate all the dish ware I get from my mom. :/

Katia April 27, 2010

I am definitely a crazy dish lady! I’m ALWAYS buying new bowls and cups and I have absolutely no more space in my cupboards! It just makes me so happy when my food is in pretty dishes :)

nut April 27, 2010

I have no dishes actually. One of everything…pretty bad, but money is tight!
Banana-cashew oats…hmmm…sounds like a flavor for a Glo-bar…or is it one already :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 27, 2010

So sad I missed the discount :(
But in other news, your overnight oats look AMAZING!
And the dishes? Yeah, me too. My cabinet looks vaguely similar to yours. It’s ok though, you can NEVER have too many cute dishes… At least that’s what I tell myself. Or too many jars of nut butter, but that’s neither here nor there.

Shawna @ Balancing Me April 27, 2010

I am a total crazy dish lady! I have so many random onesies, it’s ridiculous. But since I work from home, and eat most meals at home by myself, they do get used. I break out the matching vintage correlle for dinner time. LOL!

Mellissa April 27, 2010

I am turning into a crazy dish and placemat lady. I see all these pretty colors and shapes and want them! I need to check Goodwill for some new fun ones.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 27, 2010

Okay we do not even own a real “adult” set of dishes. We merged two mish mash college set of dishes together when we moved in together and 3 years later we still have not bought anything new. Maybe I will buy some crazier and cuter dishes just for blog photography though. Great idea, but don’t worry, I won’t tell my bf I got it from you ;)

Sebrina April 27, 2010

Hey Angela: Yesterday I made your “in a jiffy veggie burgers” and OMG!!! They were so good. I served them with huge dollops of homemade guacamole on sprouted grain toast with parsnip fries on the side… Heaven I tell you!

Thanks!!!

Jane April 27, 2010

I made them last night too….great recipe…the kids and hubby even ate them….the parsnip fries are out of this world….that’s for dinner tonight :)

Katia April 27, 2010

I made them last night too! They were delish ;)

Amber K April 27, 2010

I did buy some solid plates and bowls so my food would stand out more, but other than that I stick with the same ones again and again. Then again, I never have really been one for shopping and/or collecting, other than Snoopys. =)

Oh, and what’s REALLY scary about the double down burger? It isn’t even close to being the worst fast food concoction!

Jenny April 27, 2010

I just came back from Disney and bought the cutesy Mickey bowlfor oatmeal and yogurt messes!

Megan April 27, 2010

I definitely have a bit of CDL in me. Growing up, it was just my mom and me and she loves cute, colorful dishes. Plus, we rarely needed a full set of dishes for just the two of us, so our cupboards at home were (well, are) a big, bright jumble of two of this, one of that, whatever we thought was cute!

My roommate bought the dishes for our apartment here and they are all WHITE. I need more polka dots! This is making me smile :) Crazy dish ladies unite!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 27, 2010

you are not alone!! :) Both Dave and the lady from Peir one think I am crazy, since I buy only one dish at a time!! :) My cupboards look just like yours too!! haha

Julie @savvyeats April 27, 2010

I’m with you on this one! We registered for one complete set of dishes, plus a few random dishes that I thought would be pretty for the blog… I’m sure that wedding/shower guests looking at our registry think we’re crazy for having a bunch of mismatched bowls and plates on there!

Jessica H. April 27, 2010

Hi there!
I just recently started reading your blog, and decided this morning would be a perfect time to order some glo bars – they look delicious! I love that lots of them do not have tree nuts, which I am allergic to. I just placed my order for a variety pack and I am really looking forward to trying them!
About the dishes – I think I am starting to become a crazy dish lady (and I don’t even blog about food) after seeing all the cute food-blogger dishes. :)

Jil April 27, 2010

I’m all for matching dishware – but you’ve got to have fun, too!! I WISH I had more crazy plates, mugs, bowls, etc. My apartment has literally 4 cabinets and none under the counter so space is my enemy…but I want the fun stuff!!!!

Lauren April 27, 2010

I would love to be a crazy dish lady and have big colourful bowls and plates- they make for pretty blog pictures that pop. And they’re fun!
Right now I can’t really afford new dishware because I’m spending so much money on the actual food that goes on my dishes (artisana is so expensive, I just bought their coconut oil yesterday and I felt crazy for spending that much money on oil!) but I will probably eventually cave in and buy new bright coloured dishes.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 27, 2010

I love that you serve your smoothies in such gorgeous bowls. It really adds something special to breakfast.

Amelia April 27, 2010

Ah, I used to be a crazy dish lady. I had all kinds of odd ball non matching plates, bowls, cups, etc. I have given most pieces away to friends or to goodwill and have invested in a huge white collection from Crate & Barrel. I absolutely love my new collection, although I am sometimes jealous of all of the pretty dishes and utensils that I see now throughout the blog world.

Just ordered my first variety pack! I wish the Fedex man would just bring it directly from your door to mine. Can you tell I am excited??

Heather Dawn April 27, 2010

Wow your breakfast looks delicious!

Haha, I love getting new “cute” dishes. My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy. He laughed every time I had to eat my food on my leaf plates in the Fall :) He also laughs everytime I drink anything from a wine glass (fancy green monster anyone?)

P.S. you were the first ever comment on my blog today!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad April 27, 2010

I could go absolutely crazy with dishes. I wish I had more room in my cabinets! My dish buying has been put on hold for now. I need to wait until I can move into a place with more kitchen storage. Oh how I long for a pantry!

Kelly April 27, 2010

so I’m pretty sure you stole my banana almond cream sauce recipe….

Ricki April 27, 2010

Guilty–I’m always looking for new plates, dishes, bowls, etc. for my blog photos! Looks like you have quite the stash there! :) And that breakfast? Oh, my goodness–banana cashew cream forever!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) April 27, 2010

I am a TOTAL crazy plate/bowl lady! HAHA In the past few years I find myself getting more excited about purchasing a cute dish than a cute outfit! How things change…

Sarah April 27, 2010

I just read in Martha Stewart magazine that generally glasses should be stored rim up, not rim down. It said the rims are the weakest part of the glass, and storing them that way can cause chipped edges. They did say in some instances, like with glasses that you don’t use very often, you still might choose to store them rim down to prevent them from filling with dust. Sorry to be such a know-it-all in my first ever post.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 27, 2010

It is all because of the blogging. I do the same thing. I never did that before I created my blog.

shannon (the daily balance) April 27, 2010

haha this is awesome!

i’m on the verge of crazy plat lady — not quite yet ;)

Mikki April 27, 2010

No worries lady you are not the only crazy one (crazy is such a strong word, I like to call it “passionate”). I love thrift shopping and garage sales and I admit my weakness is vintage luggage. ACK talk about having no space. But your dishes are fab!

Jacquie April 27, 2010

I do love fun dishes, but being the perfectionist that I have, I like full sets of things. This actually keeps the buying down though or else I’d have cabinets full of stuff.

HOwever, I do have a fun but weird thing I collect hotel card keys. Every place I go, I take the card and write on the back the reason and dates I was there. Let me tell you there are some hotels with very nice pictures on their keys ;)

Jenn April 27, 2010

Just ordered my Glo Variety pack….ohsoexcited!!!
Can’t say i’m I total crazy dish lady, but I do have a pretty wicked stash of travel mugs and kidfriendly plastic wear (think dora and princess!).
I have a hankering to go hunting for new spoons lately though since falling onto your blog!

BTW: made the Feeling Good Stew….Wow, delicious, kept me full when topped with wilted spinach, mushrooms, hummus,and other assorted goodies! Soooo good!

Page 1 of 3123»