Confessions of a Crazy Dish Lady

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 27, 2010

Top of the morning to ya :)

First a couple notes about last night’s post…

1) I had not seen this Double Down burger you guys speak of, but I had to look it up and wow is all I can say. One reason I am glad we don’t have cable? ;) I guess we can call my lunch a healthy vegan double down?

2) As I mentioned, I am getting a new helmet, have no fear!

Variety pack picture_2

It’s time for the Spring Glo Bar Variety Pack Launch!

The first 25 customers who place an order today using the discount code SPRING10 will receive 15% off your entire order!

There are a limited amount of variety packs up for grabs as well as Adore (S’more) and Empower (chocolate coffee) on sale! Click here to be taken to the shopping cart.

Banana Cashew Cream Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_5319

Banana cashew cream. Banana cashew cream. Need I say more?

PM Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Choc. Amazing Meal powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: In a bowl, mix together the above ingredients with a whisk and place in fridge overnight. Make Banana cashew sauce and place in container in fridge overnight.

IMG_5324

AM toppings:

• Other half of banana, sliced into rounds
  • Banana cashew cream sauce (process 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp cashew butter, 1 tbsp milk, 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup)

Directions: In the morning, give the overnight oats a quick stir. Layer the VOO and alternate with sliced banana and banana cashew cream sauce. Add toppings and enjoy!

IMG_5313

The Banana Cashew Cream Sauce was divine! I had one horrible sleep last night, but I was so happy during breakfast. :)

IMG_5327

I mentioned on the weekend that Eric has a strong disliking for my ‘blog’ dishware.

I have lots of random bowls and plates that I like to use for blog photography. They are girly, frilly, bold, bright, and albeit tacky at times.

Eric has grown annoyed with each piece I add to the collection because they are cluttering our cupboards to no end…

IMG_5298

Let me show you the good first, just so you don’t think I am some crazy dish lady

IMG_4926

We hoard wine glasses.

Actually the wine glasses are from my Wedding Shower- we bought 20 glasses from Wal-Mart for $20- they were about the same price as the plastic ones so we got the glass and got to keep them! :)

IMG_4928

Plates…

IMG_4935IMG_4929

One of these things is not like the other… :mrgreen:

IMG_5300

And then all hell breaks loose…

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a Crazy Dish Lady.

IMG_5306

This is what Eric refers to as B.S.- My Blogging Stash, of course.

IMG_5308

I swear the blog did this to me. I was never this crazy before!

IMG_5307

My bowls have overflowed onto my green monster shelf…

IMG_4930

You know what I realized? I don’t need the other cupboard! Take that husband, with your high and mighty matching Debbie Travis dishware. I like having my bowls next to protein powder anyways.

Moral of the story: Annoy your significant other. Play with your food. ‘Nough said.

Today’s question: Are you a crazy dish lady? Do you like buying fun plates, utensils, bowls, or strange kitchen gadgets? Or do you have a thrill for collecting some other item you’d like to tell me about?

I know I’m not alone… ;) Fess up!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 27, 2010 at 9:06 am

I actually just bought a ton of fun bowls/plates from Goodwill. They were super cheap (.59 – 1.99) and I got some really nice stuff! It makes it more fun to take photographs when your plates are pretty!

And banana cashew cream… sounds like heaven!!

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm

That’s such a great idea!! I didn’t even think of that!!

Laura Georgina April 27, 2010 at 9:16 am

OMG YES!!! I am a crazy dish lady (I have singles and doubles, at most, of anything) and an even crazier mug lady–none of our mugs match and it makes our very uptight, prim-and-proper neighbors a bit uneasy every time we’ve had them over for tea.

I also “collect” (as in stash and don’t take care of” those random free postcards (promotional or touristy) that you get at museums, movie theaters, coffee shops, etc. The more ridiculous, the better. They make great bookmarks and you’re guaranteed a laugh–I mean, who doesn’t need a beer-pounding squirrel ad for a London bar from 2005?

Lynda April 27, 2010 at 9:17 am

The funny thing is that I never had this problem until I discovered your blog :) Now every time I see a dish, or a spoon, or a glass on your blog….I’m on the hunt. And I am running out of space, I think it’s time to spring clean.
Thanks Angela ;)

ps. I loooovveee overnight oats, my new favorite breakfast.

Jessica @ How Sweet April 27, 2010 at 9:18 am

I am a crazy dish lady, too! Mine started before the blog, because my grandma always bought fun, wacky dishes. Guess its good I started a blog. :)

Diana April 27, 2010 at 9:22 am

I’m not a crazy dish lady, but that’s because I live with my parents so I don’t really have space for more dishes! :P

Tonyne @ Unlikely Success Story April 27, 2010 at 9:23 am

I found myself looking at random plates at a discount pottery store the other day…just for blog pictures. :/

It happens.

Nikki T April 27, 2010 at 9:25 am

I will have to confess that I’m with Eric on this one! All my dishes, cups and glasses match…
I guess you can still call me a ‘crazy dish lady’ ?!? ;)

However…if I had a blog…things might be different!!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love April 27, 2010 at 9:30 am

My roommate and I have different dishes and our cabinets are hilarious. She has one set of the same dishes (matching plates, tea cups, and bowls) and then I have a little of everything. All different shapes and sizes. Variety is fun :)

Violet April 27, 2010 at 9:31 am

I have always particularly admired your blog dishes. They are the cutest ever. But then, I am a crazy dish lady. I have a real thing for them, and always cruise thrift stores and garage sales for good finds. I have had to curb by impulse to buy when I noticed that I had to give away dishes in order to make room for new dishes. My newest obsession is bamboo dishes, especially little bowls and serving platters. So zen.

DeAnna April 27, 2010 at 9:32 am

Angela, are you still putting banana in your VOO at night? I made VOO this weekend and it was amazing, but was unable to finish the whole bowl!!! Just wondering if you were making modifications… Thanks.. and keep up the great work, following your blog has been EXTREMELY helpful on my transition to VEGAN!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Hi DeAnna,

I don’t always use a banana…sometimes when I use the chocolate protein powder I find it doesnt need any sweetness other than that. Or in today’s recipe, I didn’t add a banana because I was using one in the cream sauce. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 27, 2010 at 9:35 am

this is too funny…i’m TOTALLY turning into a crazy dish lady! but my husband is actually the one who helped with that…he’s a photographer and when i started to do photography for the blog he was all “this white stuff isn’t going to work. you need brighter dishes!” :)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 27, 2010 at 9:38 am

I have to resist buying dishes because I share my cupboards with two other roommates. They already don’t appreciate all the dish ware I get from my mom. :/

Katia April 27, 2010 at 9:41 am

I am definitely a crazy dish lady! I’m ALWAYS buying new bowls and cups and I have absolutely no more space in my cupboards! It just makes me so happy when my food is in pretty dishes :)

nut April 27, 2010 at 9:41 am

I have no dishes actually. One of everything…pretty bad, but money is tight!
Banana-cashew oats…hmmm…sounds like a flavor for a Glo-bar…or is it one already :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 27, 2010 at 9:43 am

So sad I missed the discount :(
But in other news, your overnight oats look AMAZING!
And the dishes? Yeah, me too. My cabinet looks vaguely similar to yours. It’s ok though, you can NEVER have too many cute dishes… At least that’s what I tell myself. Or too many jars of nut butter, but that’s neither here nor there.

Shawna @ Balancing Me April 27, 2010 at 9:45 am

I am a total crazy dish lady! I have so many random onesies, it’s ridiculous. But since I work from home, and eat most meals at home by myself, they do get used. I break out the matching vintage correlle for dinner time. LOL!

Mellissa April 27, 2010 at 9:46 am

I am turning into a crazy dish and placemat lady. I see all these pretty colors and shapes and want them! I need to check Goodwill for some new fun ones.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 27, 2010 at 9:47 am

Okay we do not even own a real “adult” set of dishes. We merged two mish mash college set of dishes together when we moved in together and 3 years later we still have not bought anything new. Maybe I will buy some crazier and cuter dishes just for blog photography though. Great idea, but don’t worry, I won’t tell my bf I got it from you ;)

Sebrina April 27, 2010 at 9:48 am

Hey Angela: Yesterday I made your “in a jiffy veggie burgers” and OMG!!! They were so good. I served them with huge dollops of homemade guacamole on sprouted grain toast with parsnip fries on the side… Heaven I tell you!

Thanks!!!

Jane April 27, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I made them last night too….great recipe…the kids and hubby even ate them….the parsnip fries are out of this world….that’s for dinner tonight :)

Katia April 27, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I made them last night too! They were delish ;)

Amber K April 27, 2010 at 9:49 am

I did buy some solid plates and bowls so my food would stand out more, but other than that I stick with the same ones again and again. Then again, I never have really been one for shopping and/or collecting, other than Snoopys. =)

Oh, and what’s REALLY scary about the double down burger? It isn’t even close to being the worst fast food concoction!

Jenny April 27, 2010 at 9:50 am

I just came back from Disney and bought the cutesy Mickey bowlfor oatmeal and yogurt messes!

Megan April 27, 2010 at 9:50 am

I definitely have a bit of CDL in me. Growing up, it was just my mom and me and she loves cute, colorful dishes. Plus, we rarely needed a full set of dishes for just the two of us, so our cupboards at home were (well, are) a big, bright jumble of two of this, one of that, whatever we thought was cute!

My roommate bought the dishes for our apartment here and they are all WHITE. I need more polka dots! This is making me smile :) Crazy dish ladies unite!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 27, 2010 at 9:51 am

you are not alone!! :) Both Dave and the lady from Peir one think I am crazy, since I buy only one dish at a time!! :) My cupboards look just like yours too!! haha

Julie @savvyeats April 27, 2010 at 9:54 am

I’m with you on this one! We registered for one complete set of dishes, plus a few random dishes that I thought would be pretty for the blog… I’m sure that wedding/shower guests looking at our registry think we’re crazy for having a bunch of mismatched bowls and plates on there!

Jessica H. April 27, 2010 at 9:55 am

Hi there!
I just recently started reading your blog, and decided this morning would be a perfect time to order some glo bars – they look delicious! I love that lots of them do not have tree nuts, which I am allergic to. I just placed my order for a variety pack and I am really looking forward to trying them!
About the dishes – I think I am starting to become a crazy dish lady (and I don’t even blog about food) after seeing all the cute food-blogger dishes. :)

Jil April 27, 2010 at 9:58 am

I’m all for matching dishware – but you’ve got to have fun, too!! I WISH I had more crazy plates, mugs, bowls, etc. My apartment has literally 4 cabinets and none under the counter so space is my enemy…but I want the fun stuff!!!!

Lauren April 27, 2010 at 9:58 am

I would love to be a crazy dish lady and have big colourful bowls and plates- they make for pretty blog pictures that pop. And they’re fun!
Right now I can’t really afford new dishware because I’m spending so much money on the actual food that goes on my dishes (artisana is so expensive, I just bought their coconut oil yesterday and I felt crazy for spending that much money on oil!) but I will probably eventually cave in and buy new bright coloured dishes.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 27, 2010 at 9:59 am

I love that you serve your smoothies in such gorgeous bowls. It really adds something special to breakfast.

Amelia April 27, 2010 at 9:59 am

Ah, I used to be a crazy dish lady. I had all kinds of odd ball non matching plates, bowls, cups, etc. I have given most pieces away to friends or to goodwill and have invested in a huge white collection from Crate & Barrel. I absolutely love my new collection, although I am sometimes jealous of all of the pretty dishes and utensils that I see now throughout the blog world.

Just ordered my first variety pack! I wish the Fedex man would just bring it directly from your door to mine. Can you tell I am excited??

Heather Dawn April 27, 2010 at 9:59 am

Wow your breakfast looks delicious!

Haha, I love getting new “cute” dishes. My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy. He laughed every time I had to eat my food on my leaf plates in the Fall :) He also laughs everytime I drink anything from a wine glass (fancy green monster anyone?)

P.S. you were the first ever comment on my blog today!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad April 27, 2010 at 10:00 am

I could go absolutely crazy with dishes. I wish I had more room in my cabinets! My dish buying has been put on hold for now. I need to wait until I can move into a place with more kitchen storage. Oh how I long for a pantry!

Kelly April 27, 2010 at 10:03 am

so I’m pretty sure you stole my banana almond cream sauce recipe….

Ricki April 27, 2010 at 10:07 am

Guilty–I’m always looking for new plates, dishes, bowls, etc. for my blog photos! Looks like you have quite the stash there! :) And that breakfast? Oh, my goodness–banana cashew cream forever!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) April 27, 2010 at 10:07 am

I am a TOTAL crazy plate/bowl lady! HAHA In the past few years I find myself getting more excited about purchasing a cute dish than a cute outfit! How things change…

Sarah April 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

I just read in Martha Stewart magazine that generally glasses should be stored rim up, not rim down. It said the rims are the weakest part of the glass, and storing them that way can cause chipped edges. They did say in some instances, like with glasses that you don’t use very often, you still might choose to store them rim down to prevent them from filling with dust. Sorry to be such a know-it-all in my first ever post.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 27, 2010 at 10:12 am

It is all because of the blogging. I do the same thing. I never did that before I created my blog.

shannon (the daily balance) April 27, 2010 at 10:14 am

haha this is awesome!

i’m on the verge of crazy plat lady — not quite yet ;)

Mikki April 27, 2010 at 10:27 am

No worries lady you are not the only crazy one (crazy is such a strong word, I like to call it “passionate”). I love thrift shopping and garage sales and I admit my weakness is vintage luggage. ACK talk about having no space. But your dishes are fab!

Jacquie April 27, 2010 at 10:28 am

I do love fun dishes, but being the perfectionist that I have, I like full sets of things. This actually keeps the buying down though or else I’d have cabinets full of stuff.

HOwever, I do have a fun but weird thing I collect hotel card keys. Every place I go, I take the card and write on the back the reason and dates I was there. Let me tell you there are some hotels with very nice pictures on their keys ;)

Jenn April 27, 2010 at 10:28 am

Just ordered my Glo Variety pack….ohsoexcited!!!
Can’t say i’m I total crazy dish lady, but I do have a pretty wicked stash of travel mugs and kidfriendly plastic wear (think dora and princess!).
I have a hankering to go hunting for new spoons lately though since falling onto your blog!

BTW: made the Feeling Good Stew….Wow, delicious, kept me full when topped with wilted spinach, mushrooms, hummus,and other assorted goodies! Soooo good!

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks April 27, 2010 at 10:32 am

We must think alike, Angela! I made banana oats with cashew ginger cream a few weeks ago! I saw your post and got a lil case of deja vu =) http://operagirlcooks.com/2010/03/26/banana-oats-with-cashew-ginger-cream/

Lisa April 27, 2010 at 10:35 am

I love funky, cute, interesting dishes too. I’d buy so much more if my boyfriend didn’t reign in my “crazy.” :) He’s a minimalist–which I’d LOVE to be. I try not to go too nuts with buying stuff.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 27, 2010 at 10:38 am

I’m a crazy dish lady in another way: I can’t have cups, dishes, or bowls that don’t match. My husband always wants to buy a random glass or something and I can’t do it. They must be in a set. It drives me bonkers.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 27, 2010 at 10:41 am

I don’t think I have enough plates for a small dinner party. I might own 3 dinner plates.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 27, 2010 at 10:47 am

Oh my gosh…I am a CRAZY, CRAZY dish lady. But my husband shuts up when I remind him that at least it’s not shoes, like most women :-)

Lauren (Health on the Run) April 27, 2010 at 11:06 am

I’ve actually been REALLY wanting to try your GloBars, just haven’t gotten around to ordering them yet. I’m bummed I missed your discount, but I might have to pick up a pack regardless. ;)

Also — I love your cute blog dishes. Mine are so boring. So keep your collection going!!

CK April 27, 2010 at 11:09 am

I collect cookbooks…I have tons!!! It makes moving difficult since there’s always at least one box of cookbooks that at least 2 people and a dolly need to move. :)

[email protected] April 27, 2010 at 11:10 am

i love to pick up random stylish dishes at vintage stores or garage sales. i just love the look of mixed-matched dishes in the cupboards! even if theyre a little chipped.. i almost love them more. i tried doing the whole ‘everything white’ thing but anytime one wasent white it stood out like a sore thumb. so i just changed it all up and love it! <3

Ashley April 27, 2010 at 11:11 am

I don’t have to tell you about my dish collection..lol..I have one…a big one! My huz actually bought me a few things for xmas as did most of my friends and my mom loves sending me things from crate + barrel. I love it and can never have too much. You know how a lot of times people want something..like an appliance…they get it and use it like twice a year. Well, I could see the men getting annoyed with that if it’s taking up a bunch of space. However, when my huz rolls his eyes about more dishes, I say “Well at least I uuuuse them all of the time and they’re not just sitting there!!!” Or I will say “You know, you are greatly benefiting from all of my appliances!!” He doesn’t mind it all too much and mostly just likes giving me a hard time ;) If he knows what’s good for him, he won’t say too much…because I can easily just start cooking for 1! haha

Nicole April 27, 2010 at 11:18 am

I’m a crazy dish lady too, but I’m forcing myself to downsize when I move. It’s so hard!

Stephanie April 27, 2010 at 11:18 am

I’m starting to be one. The problem is that I covet very expensive things. For instance, I like those gorgeous wooden bowls that look like they were simply burned out of a hunk of tree, and cost over $100…

Mary @ What's Cookin' with Mary April 27, 2010 at 11:22 am

I have a a few ‘crazy dishes’… now that I’m taking pictures of my food for my blog, I’ve def been wanting some more interesting bowls and such…

Melissa April 27, 2010 at 11:25 am

Love all you crazy dishes. I haven’t spent money on fancy dishes…yet! I know my time will come soon enough. And banana cream oats…WOW!

skinnyrunner April 27, 2010 at 11:37 am

the things we do for blogging… well, actually i don’t because i would be way too lazy. but the things you do!

Camille April 27, 2010 at 11:37 am

Haha, my boyfriend has his one big plastic plate that he eats everything off of and he doesn’t understand why I need more than that.
The blog thing has him understanding a bit more…

Katherine April 27, 2010 at 11:39 am

Hi! I just had to tell you that I made your ‘In a Jiffy Spelt Burgers’ (I subbed in dark rye flour from Bob’s Red Mill because I couldn’t find spelt). These are awesome!! The seeds lend the most satisfying crunch ever. They came together so nicely which has always been my biggest obstacle when creating any type of patty. Thanks for this recipe Angela, it will certainly become a regular!

Susan April 27, 2010 at 11:54 am

I worked at Starbucks for 5 years and my cupboard consists of funky mugs and tumblers. I eat oats out of giant Starbucks-sized mugs most times. Oh, and most of them were free because they were damaged in some way. Random chips or missing handles. Seriously, they take up about 3/4 of my cupboard. I’ve been on a no-mug buying detox for years, but I keep going back to work at the ‘bucks and my collection keeps growing!!

Tina April 27, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Your bowls are gorgeous! I especially like that one with the colored dots. I have only a couple cute dishes, but they definitely don’t fit into the cupboard…

I’ve always wanted to try a cashew cream kind of sauce–yours looks amazing!

Kirsten April 27, 2010 at 12:13 pm

On Sunday I went to Kitchen Stuff Plus for a chopping board and came out with 5 new bowls just because I thought they would photograph well! :) Your stash looks great!

I had a healthy version of the Double Down myself this week!

Kacy April 27, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I used to be really anal about my dishes matching until I started blogging. Now I just like to add cute ones that stand out in pictures. I usually just buy one of each so I can have more variety. So, yes, I’m a crazy dish lady too :)

Run Sarah April 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Too funny – Allen has a big sigh when I come home with a new tacky mismatched colorful bowl that doesnt fit neatly with the others. We are limited on kitchen space and its starting to get out of control!

Sheri April 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Yup, I am a crazy dish lady as well! :) It also drives my husband crazy! I really like the eclectic mix of dishes I have now…I am not so concerned that they all match anymore. I also have a small addiction to Crate and Barrel.

Jenna April 27, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I love different shapes, sizes, colors, textures, etc., of dishes. I wish I had more!

And oh my heavnly banana cashew cream sauce. Even the name just sounds so elegant. This is a must try, cashews are my favorite nut!

Jocelyn @ Peace.love.Nutrition April 27, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I LOVE dishes and cups! The brighter the better. The add to your food prep and make eating fun

Therese April 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I keep trying to stick to one set but then I can’t help but grab ones I just “like” and not ones that match the kitchen! And with my blog about to launch next week, I think the boyfriend is about to get overloaded…

Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind April 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

“I swear the blog did this to me. I was never this crazy before!” <– I feel like that line can apply to SO MANY things for SO MANY of us! haha

Amanda April 27, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I have an ongoing affair with water bottles and travel mugs for coffee. Every times I get a new one my dad roles his eyes.

John April 27, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I don’t like doing dishes so I have the minimum number of kitchen stuff to get by ;-)

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I think we discussed dishware yesterday… ;)

YES I am a crazy dish lady! Nick always goes, “Do you REALLY need another plate/bowl/mug/spoon?” haha. I have tons! A lot of them are at my parents’ house right now, though because there is no room in our closet-sized apartment!!

But seriously, you need to treat yourself to an Anthro trip this summer!!

xo
K

Midgetkeeper April 27, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I’m a sucker for white kitchen wear, but I have added more colorful stuff lately inspired by all the cute dishes and spoons on the blog. However, I always buy at least two of each so I have a matching set :)

Jane April 27, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I collect linens especially pillow cases…switches up the bedroom each time I change the sheets.

Kelly April 27, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I was just thinking recently that I need some more fun plates and dishes…time to annoy my fiance and buy some! haha…I knew that Crate and Barrell gift card was going to come in handy :)

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I’ve always liked uniform and everything in my kitchen to match. I like things stacked a certain way and every dish has it’s place. Then I started blogging and realized I was the only person in the world with plain white plates. I’ve begun buying random bowls, random plates, more placemats, actual linen napkins. My cupboard doesn’t quite look like yours, but I’m noticing I’m buying more and more random pieces that don’t actually match and I’m starting to enjoy having less order in the kitchen!

[email protected] April 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I seem to have a thing for measuring cups. I have them stashed everywhere. My husband always wants to get rid of them, but I am afraid someday I might need to measure out 1/2 cup of something and won’t be able to find any.

Lauren April 27, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I actually really love mix-matched dishes and plan to do my kitchen with open shelves and a variety of vintage-style dishes one day. Don’t worry about that man. He’s gotta own something that you don’t like, right?

Rosie April 27, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Haha, I LOVE dishes! I guess I’m a crazy-dish-lady in training? :D

Tania April 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm

BOOKS! My home overflows with them

Tay April 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Your overnight oats are all freakin’ amazing!!! EPIC indeed! ;-)

liane April 27, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Yes, I am a crazy bowl lady. I have a ton of bowls of all different sizes, colours, patterns, in my cupboards. I love bowls :)

Triathlonbabe April 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I get my CDL habit from my sis. She and her DH both love to buy unique fun dishes and I am the same way. Anytime I’m at a thrift store is where I always find something funky and eclectic. My DH could care less, he prefers to eat on paper plates, but I’m trying to get away from that and eat on regular dishes so we stop filling the landfills, I just hate doing dishes all the time, LOL! Ironic huh!

I collect recipes and recipe books, even though I don’t use half of them, every now and then I dig in one for something or other to cook. Although, I’m finding when you post recipes on your blogs, I’ve been fixing those foods. I don’t have a food processor, so would fixing the veggie burgers using the blender be okay?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 27, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I’m not sure…if you are using my crazy blender it probably wouldn’t but I can’t really comment to whether yours would work. Goodluck!

AGS April 28, 2010 at 7:17 am

I’ve used my blender in place of a food processor, and it often works. However, the the thicker the substance, the hard it will be for the blender. . .

Allison @ Food For Healing April 27, 2010 at 2:28 pm

wow you have so much! but you NEED It don’t you? haha food bloggers always need a variety. I love fun dishes, however i don’t have very many… YET.

Hillary April 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I am crazy about glasses. I love having tons of different wine glasses, beer glasses, and mugs. When I am drinking my coffee in the morning you can’t have you mug match your dish, so boring!
This is my first time posting. I love your blog and have now been drinking green monsters for about a month.

Claire April 27, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I don’t have too many YET…but I easily could go that way in the future with more income…I do tend to love the simple clean plates and bowls though.

That Banana Cream topping sounds amazing…must try!

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm

My husband would flip if I bought many more dishes. He always threatens to throw my mugs out. Noooo! Not my mugs! haha

Lizzie April 27, 2010 at 4:07 pm

well, i’m a college student, so i don’t think i own two of the same dish. i have an array my roomates and i have stolen from the caf, inherited from our parents because they were “too ugly”, found at yard sales..etc…they aren’t very attractive but they sure are eclectic!

your breakfast sounds so good! i want to try overnight oats..its my plan to try to make them and start drinking green monsters when i’m home for the summer and have a blender and more access to fresh produce!

kate April 27, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Im guilty of having dishes/bowls just for the blog! I usually buy them in sets of 2 though, for me & the boy! My goal is to never have a real set of plates!

Lauren M. April 27, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I hoard protein bars. I don’t eat them that often but for some reason I ALWAYS buy tons and tons of protein bars. I’m fascinated by all of the different kinds, flavors, shapes, coatings, and packages.

Speaking of FOOD! I bought the new Mary’s Gone Crackers Love Cookies! I got the “N’Oatmeal” raisin. They are so deelish and addictive! And quite healthy for a cookie!! Love it!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

haha Mr BBB was only saying to me the other day that I have to curb my random bowl / dish spending!!! :)

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep April 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Hi there, Crazy Dish Lady. I’m Crazy Mug Hoarder. I’ve become quite the mug collector, and I have to buy every cute, unique mug I find. It makes drinking coffee in the morning that much better!

Sarah April 27, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Oh you should try drinking out of an over-sized Eeyore coffee mug (see comment below)…so good! LOL!

Jolene April 27, 2010 at 5:49 pm

My blog has totally turned me into a crazy dish lady!!!! I buy all sorts of individual plates and bowls, and we are running out of room!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 27, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I love collecting antique china cups and saucers. It feels so much more special to drink my tea out of them. :D

Heather April 27, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I am a crazy dish lady. I have too many.
I have 1/2 and 1/2 though, a set of white dishes and fun dishes too. I like to mix it up.
I also collect kitchen utelsils. 2 drawers, 4 plastic binsa and a jar on the counter FULL.

[email protected] April 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm

hahaha I am a crazy dish lady as well….I mean having crazy dishes just makes eating that much more fun!

Sarah April 27, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Im not exactly a crazy dish lady…I am a crazy over-sized Eeyore coffee cup lady. I love Eeyore coffee cups! I think the irony is the best part. He’s just so glum and gloomy…and coffee makes me hyper so I just like Eeyore coffee mugs. I dont collect anything else Eeyore tho!

Brenda April 27, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I like to collect the dishes from Empty Bowl lunches. Empty Bowls is a charity event where potters donate handmade dishes (mostly bowls) to raise money to feed the hungry. I just bought my first box of Mary’s crackers today. I thought $4.99 was a lot for a 6.5 oz box. How much do you pay for them?

pam landy April 28, 2010 at 12:39 am

Okay I’ll admit mine…it’s not dishes, it’s tupperware. I am constantly packing my lunch for work (good advice taken from my Aunt who taught for 20+ years, don’t eat the cafeteria food). I also pack my food for when I nanny especially for long weekends where the families go out of town and I am there 24/7. I love my tupperware, but hate washing them, sadly I don’t have a dishwasher.

Mandy April 28, 2010 at 1:20 am

So funny! I am a crazy dish lady, and also a fan of the “eclectic” look, meaning I hate “matchy matchy” be it for dishes, furniture…and it drives husband mad. He thinks buying the entire bedroom set is classy…I think it looks like you won it on The Price Is Right.

Ahh marriage. xo

Libby April 28, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hi Angela,

I have only just started a food blog and have already bought new placements and napkins. I’m guessing bowls and plates will follow soon – esp since our set is white and I also have a white benchtop – where a lot of food is photographed :-(. I already have a great collection of tea cups :-).

Libby

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear April 28, 2010 at 1:49 am

I love you dishes! I used to be as crazy as you but after moving 3 times my selection has gotten smaller and smaller. I plan on buying lots of new dishes when we finally move to a bigger home someday :)

Jessica @ WHY DONTCHA RUN April 28, 2010 at 6:31 am

I would LOVE to grow my dish collection. (Especially for blog pictures) :) You’ve got quite the collection! The “best” bowl I’ve got one favorite bowl(and pretty much the only one other than my plain white bowls) that is lime green with large white polka dots on the outside and the inside painted bright red. I love it so!

LisaG April 28, 2010 at 6:43 am

I have a few extra fun plates for my kids, but I’m more of a crazy cookbook collector. I have too many kitchen gadgets too, like an avacado peeler? I love your collection of plates, bowls, etc. It does jazz up the photos.

crookedmoonmama April 28, 2010 at 9:17 am

I buy crazy ass dishes form the thrift store ALL the time. YOu go girl! :)
xoxo

Lauren @ Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful April 28, 2010 at 10:45 am

HAHAHA that is hilarious! I love it. I have definitely bought a lot of dishes since I started blogging so it’s nice to see I’m not the only one. I think a lot of bloggers are like this so don’t feel alone! It’s wonderful and makes for great pictures!

Sarah Anne April 28, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I LOVE dishes and plates! Our apartment is far too tiny to have too many, but I can’t help it, at places like Winners – I go mad. I almost bought little heart shaped ramekins (pink white and red!!!) after V Day, but had to stop myself because I knew a)I had nowhere to put them and b)the rational part of me knew that my regular ol’ white round ramekins still did the trick. :(

I LOVE dishware though. I’ve now gone into purchasing serving dishes so we can go out on the deck and eat. Or at least – that’s my excuse!

Now excuse me, while I go partake in Winner’s new set of red and white cherry blossom dishware >.>

Sophie @ yumventures April 28, 2010 at 7:55 pm

I always make my boyfriend start eating while I am taking pictures of my meal. He gets sooooo annoyed that I am going to end up eating something cold, but then he will wait to eat and it will be cold too! Oh, what to do when you love a blogger :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie April 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Haha I clear out my dishes all the time when it gets overwhelming. Goodwill is a great place to drop them off at but I always want to buy more when I get there!

Kristyna May 5, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Totally became the same way since blogging! I don’t plate as much as I used to, but I look at dishes in a whole new light and have a separate cabinet for my plates, napkins & placemats- a whole set of single servings! :D

Bettina October 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Hey! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed tto ask.
Doees running a well-established website such as
yours require a lot of work? I’m completely new to operating a blog but I do write in my diary
everyday. I’d like to start a bloog so I ill be able too shazre
my experience aand views online. Plerase let mme know if you have anyy
kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate
it!