16th Time Is A Charm

IMG 4522 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

Friday’s late night Glo Bar test was a success!

If it gets the go ahead from testers this week, I will be ordering the new packaging, ingredients, and bowls/utensils/containers. There is still lots to do!!

More fun yesterday…

IMG 4546 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

I made the Nut butter parsnip fries using carrots! Finger licking good.

I still preferred the parsnips though. I can’t wait to try it with sweet potato! Hopefully I don’t burn them. ;) Not that I would ever do such a thing…

Eric gave two thumbs up to both the parsnip and carrot versions, although he said the carrot version needed ketchup while the parsnip one didn’t.

I had it with Mary’s Crackers and tomato paste for lunch.

IMG 4310 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

and one of my favourite juices!

IMG 4407 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

Dinner was a messy Amy’s veggie burger…on Ezekiel toast.

IMG 4328 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

With lots of hummus, just the way I like it.

IMG 4331 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

and a gourmet Tupperware salad. ;)

IMG 4320 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

I made the call not to run the race this morning as my groin is still sore after this week’s fall. I am so bummed because I was so excited to be running in my old university town. :( I did a test run last night because I felt fine when I was walking, but once I started to run I did feel the soreness creep back. Looks like it will be a little while longer. I had a chat with my Sports Doctor yesterday and she said that groin muscles tend to take longer than normal to feel back to normal. My girlfriends ended up not running either for various reasons! It just wasn’t meant to be I guess…life goes on!

Breakfast this morning was Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 4561 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

IMG 4555 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

This morning’s mix had: 1/3 cup oats, 1 pear (chopped), 1/2 banana (mashed), 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, pinch of sea salt, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 3/4 cup almond milk. For the topping, I sprinkled Sucanat over top for some crunchy, natural sweetness.

IMG 4562 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

IMG 4556 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

I had a fresh juice composed of: 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1/2 apple, 1/2 lemon, 1 cuke.

IMG 4569 thumb   16th Time Is A Charm

Last night, Eric and I got sucked into the TV show called THE MARRIAGE REF!!! Such mindless entertainment! The couple with the Solitaire and Fishing argument = hilarious. I will definitely be watching more episodes.

Spill the beans, what TV shows are you currently hooked on?

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 18, 2010

Ah I have to try those fries this week, I hope they are as good with sweet potatoes because I have a bunch I need to use up! Sorry about the run, but I’m sure it’s for the best! I am currently hooked on NYC housewives, which I would say is my greatest weakness. And I am kind of hooked on Tru Blood, but I can’t decide if I really like it or not, but I keep watching! haha

Michelle @ Eating April 18, 2010

GLEE

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I should give Glee a try because everyone raves about it!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope April 18, 2010

I missed the first season, but watched this season’s first episode and it is pretty funny. Also, fun to watch them sing and dance. kind of cheesy at times, though.

Kelly April 18, 2010

Totally hocked on Glee and American Idol at the moment. I love overnight oats with almond milk. Looks delicious!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope April 18, 2010

Did you name it yet? is this the raw one?

I’m not really hooked on anything, just watching my usual shows. Kind of bummed with TV and movies lately.

Yes and yes :)

Mae April 18, 2010

The new glo bars look AMAZING! Who does your taste testing? If you ever need another one, you know who to call…. ;-)
Hhaha on a more serious note, the colleges I’m looking at have entire sensory analysis wings of the food science buildings where blind taste testers are fed new products or monitored as they’re exposed to packaging, etc. Then they enter a classroom environment to brainstorm their thoughts of the product. So interesting! :-)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

Eric’s coworkers and local friends taste test.

I used to know someone who was a professional taste tester for a large cookie company. What a dream job! lol.

katie April 18, 2010

Sons of Anarchy!! It’s sooo good. AND Community with Chevy Chase!

Amanda April 19, 2010

LOVE sons of anarchy!!!

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) April 18, 2010

I love that show! did you see the one about the green bean casserole?? “It looks like there’s an eyeball in it.”

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

haha yes hilarious…esp at the end when he went to take a bite and faked her out! LOL

Carolyn April 18, 2010

For some reason, I started laughing when I saw this post’s first picture. The new Raw Glo Bars stacked together like that reminded me of my (many, many, many) failed attempts to make card houses, haha!

Anyway, congratulations on finally making a successful Raw Glo Bar! They look fabulous! =)

And speaking of fabulous:
Boy, oh BOY, do those fries look good! I can’t wait to hear how the sweet potato ones turn out!
(Just tell yourself that you WILL burn them beforehand, and maybe the universe/Murphy will get so confused that the fries won’t burn. =P)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I love your thinking…I WILL BURN THE FRIES. With my luck I will undercook them and they will be hard as rocks, haha ;)

Kelsey April 18, 2010

CONGRATS ON THE BAR TESTING!!!!!

at the moment im hooked on .. sober house, american idol, antm, survivor, modern family, and project runway!!!

Meg April 18, 2010

Yum! The bars looks SO great!!!
Too bad for the run, but you’re right things work out because they’re meant to be.
The TV shows I’m hooked on right now are: how i met your mother, vampire diaries (don’t judge, its good!), and gossip girl :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 18, 2010

My hub and I have watched a few episodes of the marriage ref as well– we always talk about what we would go on the show for, and who would win :-) That’s healthy, I’m sure :-)

Your food looks delish! Sounds like you definitely made the right choice with the race– no need to risk injury, and there will always be other races!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

Eric and I discussed that too…although the shows makes our spats look pretty normal compared to the couples they find! lol

Karla April 18, 2010

New Glo bar! Very exciting!
I’m currently obsessed with Mad Men. I just got season 3 on DVD! Love it!

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini April 18, 2010

I think I mentioned this on Caitlin’s blog but I got the box set of all 9 series of X Files for Christmas. I’m on series 4 and I’m as addicted now as I was at university!!

I am also addicted to Glee, old re-runs of Frasier and Sixteen and Pregnant (UK version).

Danielle (Coffee Run) April 18, 2010

Sorry about the race :( But you did the right thing- it’s better to rest that groin! lol

I’m currently hooked on Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. Do they play that show in Canada?? If not, you MUST watch it on abc.com! It’s really good :)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

Yes I saw a couple of the eps. while in Florida, but we don’t have cable so I am going to have to find it online!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 18, 2010

GLEE. Yes.

And 30 Rock and The Office. That’s pretty much all I watch these days.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 18, 2010

Yippee!!! Good thing you snuck into the kitchen for one last try in Friday!! I love the glamour shot esp. with the bananas in the background.

Does this mean you’re gonna get a dehydrator? Maybe?

I’ve been LOVING Amy’s burgers lately. Can’t get enough!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 18, 2010

Big Bang Theory :)

Jil April 18, 2010

Aww love that bowl. And the juices look delicious. Currently hooked on Glee…I’m a music geek. haha

Ann April 18, 2010

House. And the occasional crime procedural. (I’m currently living in Holland so we’re a season behind on everything anyways)

Question: I notice you and other food bloggers often using tomato paste where ketchup would ordinarily be used. I get that ketchup has a lot of unnecessary crap in it (hello, HFCS!) but plain ol’ tomato paste just doesn’t cut it for me. Is it meant to be a substitute for ketchup, or do you just really love you some tomato paste? I’m thinking of actually trying to make my own ketchup one of these days, it seems pretty straightforward. Just curious.

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I read about it in Dr’. Oz’s YOU manual years ago and have been using it ever since. Mainly, lycopene is very concentrated in tomato paste and he suggests having a tablespoon each day.

I recently made a homemade ketchup too, it was on the blog last week. :)

jessica April 18, 2010

Heinz sells Organic ketchup and it’s been a lifesaver for me. I can taste the difference in quality between organic vs. the HFCS version.

nut April 18, 2010

That’s the show with Seinfeld right?
I am a Celebrity Apprentice fan! I know…sounds corny, but…

plop some nut butter on those oats!
I hear pumpkin and mushed banana can be added night before too…so much to try.

The Glo bars look great.

Yum on hummus. I need to try the Amy’s veggie burgers. I like the “sol cuisine” ones…need to branch out. I see the Texas burgers around (Amy’s).

Julie @savvyeats April 18, 2010

You know, if you need a tester, I’d be happy to lend a hand… ;)

Hooray for figuring out the new Glo Bar!!!

Merry at Merry Eats Oats April 18, 2010

Mmmm the texture of that bar def looks like something I want in my mouth soon!

I’ve been watching Australia’s Next Top Model (even though I’m from Canada). I love it when they swear with their accents! Soooo trashy. Sooooo trashy.

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl April 18, 2010

I’ll be more than happy to help you out with Glo Bar testing :-) haha….I’ve been wanting to see that Marriage Ref show…mindless comedy shows like that are always nice, especially during stressful times

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 18, 2010

Congrats on your raw glow bar!

I’ve never heard of Mary’s Crackers with tomato paste…hmmm. I’ve always had mine with goat cheese and laughing cow cheese.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 18, 2010

I am insanely, inappropriately hooked on the new 90210. I am stuck on the highschool drama.

We also love everything and anything on HBO. True Blood is my absolute favorite – it comes back on in June!

Brittany April 18, 2010

My boyfriend and I are loving Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope April 18, 2010

oooh YES, i totally forgot! that is definitely my favorite thing on tv right now.

Christina April 18, 2010

The new Glo bars looks delish! I hope we can try it soon :)

And I hope your groin feels better asap! I injured mine in December and it’s still not 100% :(

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 18, 2010

how do you eat tomato paste just like that? blech.

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

It’s an acquired taste. I didn’t like it at first.

Lizzie April 18, 2010

I try so hard not to get sucked into TV shows . . . but at the moment I am loving In Plain Sight. We have been watching The Office, but getting less vigilant about taping it. Right now it is all about play-off basketball and (incredibly enough) play-off hockey!

Bronwyn April 18, 2010

Glee

Big Bang Theory

Lost (final season!)

Parenthood

Run Sarah April 18, 2010

Can’t wait to try the new GloBar, it looks DELISH! Love the idea of adding pear to oats – have yet to try that one!

Kris April 18, 2010

Too bad about your race, sissy. Good for you for listening to your body though!

xo

Jen April 18, 2010

I wish your bars were sold in the US. I would love to try them! The show I am currently addicted to right now is Vampire Diaries. It is completely teeny bopper and the acting isn’t that great, but those vampire brothers are so fun to look at! ;)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

They are sold in the US online: http://www.globakery.com/Cart :)

Ashley April 18, 2010

Yeah! I am so happy to hear about your new Glo bars!
Fingers crossed the testers give it a go.

Christine (The Raw Project) April 18, 2010

Big Bang Theory, Lost, 30 Rock, South Park, Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara.

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 18, 2010

I love veggie burgers. It’s such a simple and delicious meal, especially with hummus.

Amanda April 18, 2010

I have always watched the simpsons, lol. Oh and I’m totally hooked on CSI. Seems like those two conflict, hmmm.

There will be other races! Its hard to show restraint when your excited for something, good job!

Ali April 18, 2010

can you use frozen spinach in a green monster? i usually use fresh but i don’t have enough and am really craving one right now..

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I have heard that people have had success with frozen spinach. I think the key is to start using a small amount (since it is packed)…taste…and then adjust from there.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 18, 2010

So sorry to hear about your injury! But at least you are listening to your body! I know you learned that lesson the hard way, as did I. But it’s a lesson you DON’T forget!

I am hooked on Gossip Girl!!!!!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I really respect my body now, after going through my injury. If this was pre-January 2009, I wouldnt have thought twice about running today. It is still SO hard though! agh

Jenn April 18, 2010

addicted to Nurse Jackie and Parenthood, pretty much all i need for my tv fix! Loving my green monsters for the last week (nothing else seems appealing in the morning anymore – unless it’s tall and green!). Not too sure about the juices. Do you just put them in your blender as well or what are you using to make the drink?

Angela (ohsheglows) April 18, 2010

I have a breville juicer :)

Page 1 of 212»