Run FREE!

Just the average wildlife I see when I go on runs around here!!!

IMG 98012s thumb   Run FREE!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it’s Edward Scissor Hands!

IMG 9799s2 thumb   Run FREE!

Just filing her nails…!?! :mrgreen:

IMG 9798 thumb   Run FREE!

I asked myself, is it possible to be scared of things that are slower than you? Why yes, yes it is.

Let’s rewind a bit!

Breakfast yesterday morning was delicious…

A Green Monster with 1/2 banana, 1 cup Almond milk, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Choco powder, ice, spinach…

IMG 3004 thumb   Run FREE!

and some organic raisin bran with almond milk

IMG 3005 thumb   Run FREE!

Then we were off for a day of shopping at Super Target and the Miramar Outlets in Naples. I got some awesome deals this time!!!

Running gloves, a Nike running workout tank, bright pink sports bra (from Target):

IMG 3006 thumb   Run FREE!

Target has the cutest workout bras in so many colours!

I also finally found a 1.5 Litre Camelbak!!! I can’t wait to try it out. Also got a floral placemat from Target:

IMG 3007 thumb   Run FREE!

A light orange tee and some dish cloths. Random I know! ;)

IMG 3008 thumb   Run FREE!

Eric bought 2 more bags of socks…LOL…What is with him and socks? I think he is 80…

Lunch was a veggie sub from subway and an apple from home.

We got home at 5pm and Eric and I had a snack of Mary’s Crackers and hummus and then we headed out for a run + bike in the lovely sunshine!

I was really excited, albeit a bit scared, to try out my new running sneaks!

IMG 9787 thumb   Run FREE!

Good news:

1) No blister problems at ALL. :mrgreen:

2) I was FAST! I killed my previous time for this 4 mile route by over 5 minutes! These sneakers are so much lighter than my previous Brooks Ariel’s. The old Brooks Ariel’s I was using are 12.3 oz while my new Brooks Adrenaline are just 9.2 oz. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot, but my feet felt 5 pounds lighter! I felt FREE as a bird. With the new sneakers combined with no knee sleeves I am feeling amazing on my runs lately.

Possibly bad news:

1) The sneakers seem to put a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet. I hope that this will go away after a few uses.  I wasn’t wearing my orthotics so I am going to try them tomorrow with them to see if that makes the difference.

After the run I quickly got ready for dinner as my parents were taking us out to California Pizza Kitchen. I was in a pizza mood and was hoping a vegan version of their pizza would live up to my expectations…

Eric pretended to drop me after this picture! He likes scaring me. ;)

IMG 9808 thumb   Run FREE!

My mom and I split the chunky white corn guacamole and chips…

IMG 9811 thumb   Run FREE!

I have to recreate this at home! Avocados, white corn, black beans, peppers…not sure what else!

IMG 9812 thumb   Run FREE!

Eric got the garlic cheese bread for an appetizer:

IMG 9814 thumb   Run FREE!IMG 9813 thumb   Run FREE!

I ordered the Vegetarian Eggplant pizza (without mozzarella) and then I customized it with a thin crust and I added tomatoes and red peppers to bulk it up a bit more. To my delight, this was one of the best vegan pizzas I have ever had. It was LOADED with amazing veggies!

IMG 9821 thumb   Run FREE!

OMG. Off the hook.

IMG 9816 thumb   Run FREE!

IMG 9818 thumb   Run FREE!

IMG 9823 thumb   Run FREE!

I must say, kudos to CPK because after eating their twice now, I am super impressed. Everyone else loved their meals too.

OSGMOM got shrimp tomato spagettini:

IMG 9819 thumb   Run FREE!IMG 9820 thumb   Run FREE!

I wish I could say that I saved some for tomorrow, but I ate every LAST BITE. It was so good I could not stop eating.

IMG 9828 thumb   Run FREE!

Now I am off to test out my new Camelbak! I can’t get over how light it is and it doesn’t seem to move much. It will be nice to finally have water to drink when I run. I am slightly concerned that I am going to have chafing from the strap around my arms, but hopefully not!

IMG 9833 thumb   Run FREE!

Today’s question: Do you ever see wildlife when you workout outdoors? What do you see?

Off I go!

Have a glowing day :)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope March 30, 2010

Ok, this is random, but I just bought those same dish towels in those exact colors from Target the other day;) Target eats my paychecks:(

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope March 30, 2010

oh, and as for your question, I’m in Florida, so I see all kinds of wildlife when I’m out walking or riding my bike. I like to go to this Seminole Lake park and see cute bunnies:)

Jessica @ How Sweet March 30, 2010

That guac mold looks so yummy! I love the Champion sports bras from Target. They are SO comfy. I tend to wear them all the time to lounge around, too.

Radha March 30, 2010

You inspired me to be real selective in purchasing my walking shoes. Maybe I will go to Dick’s Sporting. Need to get good advice. XO

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 30, 2010

That vegan/vegetarian pizza looks out of control! I’m on vaca too and about to go for a run, let’s see what creatures I see! hope your shoes pain goes away :)

Deb March 30, 2010

I was wondering if the bread at Subway is vegan? I thought I remembered them telling me it wasnt and although I am not a strict vegan, I usually choose the vegan choice whenever possible.

Elle @ Acquired Tastes March 30, 2010

Just checked Subway’s website cause I was curious too – the 9 Grain Wheat has honey in it, but it looks like the white bread is vegan.

Eliana >^..^ March 30, 2010

Thanks for checking Elle

Jenny March 30, 2010

Sometimes I’ll see gators! I wonder if you’ll see any? And I’m glad you had no blisters- I’m working through some now!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 30, 2010

Looks like you’re having a sweet time in Florida!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 30, 2010

Oh Target. You go in for one thing and walk out $100 poorer. That is a crazy turtle!

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 30, 2010

what a fun day! way to go beating your time by 5 minutes :)

i haven’t seen a TON of wildlife on my runs/walks, but there have been the occasional fox, deer, and crane every now and then!

kalli@fitandfortysomething March 30, 2010

sometimes i see snakes around here but not big turtles like that! great workouts on vacation :)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love March 30, 2010

Pizza — amazing! I love all of those veggies. That turtle is crazy, scary. Those fingernails! I saw a dead snake on a run a while ago. That was gross!

jen trinque March 30, 2010

In western North Carolina I definitely don’t see wildlife like that! But I do have a Target :)

Britt @ Runnerbelle March 30, 2010

I see more wildlife during the warmer weather here, mainly deer, birds and little critters. Although I have seen some seals on my runs by the ocean.

I love the C9 line at Target, super affordable sports gear! I’ll be curious how the camelback works out, I worry about chaffing with one of those.

I’m a Brooks Adrenaline wearer too! They are great shoes, hopefully you continue to have success with them.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 30, 2010

I have those shorts! And that sports bra that you bought is my FAVORITE! I have about eight of them! :-)

I love seeing wildlife on runs…although it does freak me out a little sometimes :-)

Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 30, 2010

That pizza looks so good! I’ve seen some deer before but never anything that exotic!

Tay March 30, 2010

I rarely go to CPK but will have to try that pizza out! I LOVE their food. I got the moroccan chicken salad there last time and it was the best salad I’ve ever had in my life. EVER! I’ve heard great things about their hummus too.

Meg's Gut March 30, 2010

Oh man! I was just looking at the menu for CPK – looks absolutely amazing, I wish we had one in Canada!!!

And no, unfortunatly I don’t see any great wildlife on my runs…just a squirel here and there…well, I do see dogs, does that count?

Majl March 30, 2010

Oh my god! Those turtles are insanely huge…LOL. You must feel like Supermario dodging them on your run :) Enjoying your vacation posts. CPK is pretty awesome indeed!!! Have a good day.

Betsy March 30, 2010

I love target’s sports bras! I have at least 5 in different colors.

Lizzie March 30, 2010

Hi Angela!

By pressure, I’m wondering if that also includes a burning sensation? I get that all the time the first few longer-than-3-mile runs that I do in new sneaks. They break themselves in eventually.

That pizza looks amazing!! Where I live at the moment the wildlife is mostly squirrels, but there’s a massive flock of Canada geese that have taken up residence at green spots all over the city, but especially along the river pathway . . and they are SCARY!! They’re not usually aggressive, but they just won’t get out of the way (kind of challenging you) and they poop everywhere!! Some friends from running group have been chased before. In other parts of the city it’s wild turkeys – eeek!! I usually stick to urban areas when I run at home, but the boy plays golf with kangaroos and there are often beautiful birds around. Trail running would be cool – and since I’m already running, I’d be in the perfect position to run away from snakes – ha ha! :)

Jessica March 30, 2010

My shoes hurt the balls of my feet at first but after I stretch my feet – I know that sounds awkward but I try and then after a couple of runs it doesn’t hurt anymore. I wouldn’t go too far with the new shoes just yet because it really starts to hurt after awhile. But I’ve had mine for months now and the pain does go away.

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 30, 2010

i love love love target too! and that pizza at CPKs looked incredible!!!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 30, 2010

that pizza looks amazing!!! good to know they do a good job with a veggie loaded pizza.

I see turtles sometimes, but usually nothing. I used to see deer in Utah all the time!

Paige @ Running Around Normal March 30, 2010

holy crap @ that turtle’s nails! Um yea, I’d be scared too, Angela!
You and Eric are too cute, and remind me a bit of my husband and my relationship, haha.
That pizza looks awesome!

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 30, 2010

I recently bought the 1.5 liter Charm Camelbak and I really like it. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the little “hook” that secures the straw is too high up so the bottom moves around too much.

Ameena March 30, 2010

The only wildlife I see in L.A. are crazy drivers trying to run me over when I’m out jogging.

Love CPK so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

Katie March 30, 2010

Target is my favorite place to buy workout clothes. They always have the cutest stuff, good quality and not a ton of money.

I almost hit a deer on my bike last fall. The bike path near our house is pretty heavily wooded and they’re always out and about.

Kelly March 30, 2010

Let us know if it bothers you at all, I’m curious and interested in buying one!

Danielle (Coffee Run) March 30, 2010

I’m not sure how big that turtle really is, but from the pics it looks HUGE. Like…life-sized lol

I’m glad the new shoes worked out! And I’ll be waiting for your guac recipe ;)

Anne P March 30, 2010

A few things:

1) Holy CRAP those are some intense nails!!

2) Brooks Adrenaline are what I wear, too! LOVE how light they are :)

3) Very interested to see your thoughts on the CamelBak – I’m in the market for something like that! I hate hand held water bottles and a water belt was too bouncy for me.

Lauren March 30, 2010

First off, I love my camelbak. I don’t know how I ever went hiking or mountain biking without it.

Secondly, Target sports bras are the ONLY sports bras that I approve of. They are so comfortable, never chafe, and are cheap!!

Thirdly, CPK is so delicious. Whenever my parents by gifts (Bday, xmas) for my boyfriend, I make them buy him CPK gift cards so that he can take me out to dinner. Selfish, I know. But it’s so good! Their Moroccan chicken salad is to die for (awesome without the chicken too).

Jil March 30, 2010

I LOVE CPK. Their frozen pizzas are awesome – esp. the thin crust (IMO)! Love Target’s sports bra selections – with my weightloss over the last few years I’ve had to invest in a few, and since their prices are cheapooo it has made it less cringe-inducing to have to keep purchasing them. I have a purple one that I lovvve!

Oh, and that picture of you and Eric is adorable!! Love the outfit!!

Katie March 30, 2010

On one of my 5 am runs last summer I came across the ugliest, fattest and grumpiest raccoons (about to pillage my neighbour’s green bin) and he flipped me the bird.

Needless to say I didn’t trespass on his solitude any further.

skinnyrunner March 30, 2010

i see bunnies on the bike routes i run.
the weather there looks fabulous!

Dani March 30, 2010

Hi Angela,
I have those same sneakers and I noticed the exact same feeling on my first two-three runs. It has since went away and they feel great and now I love them. Hope you find the same thing!

Nicole March 30, 2010

I’ve had my run analyzed on video with various runners (at a place called Jack Rabbit in NYC) and was AMAZED at the difference runners can make (and coincidentally use the Brooks Adrenaline also!)

Wildlife: I’ve been living in Madagascar since August…and thought FOR SURE I’d run into CRAZY wildlife… so far – a snail!! It was a big snail…but stilll… just A SNAIL!??!?!!!

Jes (Self Motivation) March 30, 2010

The coolest wildlife I ever saw was when I found my first kitten! ( http://jes0918.blogspot.com/2008/06/cutest-thing-ive-ever-found-while.html ) He was only 3 oz and didn’t even have his eyes open yet. I had to bottle feed him and take care of him, and how he is a great big cat! I’ve seen an armadillo, alligators, bunnies, and deer. Oh and tons of birds!

PS I love CPK!

Meredith March 30, 2010

That’s amazing! What a cute kitty

Dotsie March 30, 2010

I’ve seen gators, nutria (swamp rat),various birds, turtles, and lizards!

Bronwyn March 30, 2010

I see:

- a pair of bald eagles
- herons

And I’m in the “middle” of the city! Vancouver is awesome.

Page 1 of 3123»