Run FREE!

Just the average wildlife I see when I go on runs around here!!!

IMG_9801 (2s)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it’s Edward Scissor Hands!

IMG_9799 s(2)

Just filing her nails…!?! :mrgreen:

IMG_9798

I asked myself, is it possible to be scared of things that are slower than you? Why yes, yes it is.

Let’s rewind a bit!

Breakfast yesterday morning was delicious…

A Green Monster with 1/2 banana, 1 cup Almond milk, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Choco powder, ice, spinach…

IMG_3004

and some organic raisin bran with almond milk

IMG_3005

Then we were off for a day of shopping at Super Target and the Miramar Outlets in Naples. I got some awesome deals this time!!!

Running gloves, a Nike running workout tank, bright pink sports bra (from Target):

IMG_3006

Target has the cutest workout bras in so many colours!

I also finally found a 1.5 Litre Camelbak!!! I can’t wait to try it out. Also got a floral placemat from Target:

IMG_3007

A light orange tee and some dish cloths. Random I know! ;)

IMG_3008

Eric bought 2 more bags of socks…LOL…What is with him and socks? I think he is 80…

Lunch was a veggie sub from subway and an apple from home.

We got home at 5pm and Eric and I had a snack of Mary’s Crackers and hummus and then we headed out for a run + bike in the lovely sunshine!

I was really excited, albeit a bit scared, to try out my new running sneaks!

IMG_9787

Good news:

1) No blister problems at ALL. :mrgreen:

2) I was FAST! I killed my previous time for this 4 mile route by over 5 minutes! These sneakers are so much lighter than my previous Brooks Ariel’s. The old Brooks Ariel’s I was using are 12.3 oz while my new Brooks Adrenaline are just 9.2 oz. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot, but my feet felt 5 pounds lighter! I felt FREE as a bird. With the new sneakers combined with no knee sleeves I am feeling amazing on my runs lately.

Possibly bad news:

1) The sneakers seem to put a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet. I hope that this will go away after a few uses.  I wasn’t wearing my orthotics so I am going to try them tomorrow with them to see if that makes the difference.

After the run I quickly got ready for dinner as my parents were taking us out to California Pizza Kitchen. I was in a pizza mood and was hoping a vegan version of their pizza would live up to my expectations…

Eric pretended to drop me after this picture! He likes scaring me. ;)

IMG_9808

My mom and I split the chunky white corn guacamole and chips…

IMG_9811

I have to recreate this at home! Avocados, white corn, black beans, peppers…not sure what else!

IMG_9812

Eric got the garlic cheese bread for an appetizer:

IMG_9814IMG_9813

I ordered the Vegetarian Eggplant pizza (without mozzarella) and then I customized it with a thin crust and I added tomatoes and red peppers to bulk it up a bit more. To my delight, this was one of the best vegan pizzas I have ever had. It was LOADED with amazing veggies!

IMG_9821

OMG. Off the hook.

IMG_9816

IMG_9818

IMG_9823

I must say, kudos to CPK because after eating their twice now, I am super impressed. Everyone else loved their meals too.

OSGMOM got shrimp tomato spagettini:

IMG_9819IMG_9820

I wish I could say that I saved some for tomorrow, but I ate every LAST BITE. It was so good I could not stop eating.

IMG_9828

Now I am off to test out my new Camelbak! I can’t get over how light it is and it doesn’t seem to move much. It will be nice to finally have water to drink when I run. I am slightly concerned that I am going to have chafing from the strap around my arms, but hopefully not!

IMG_9833

Today’s question: Do you ever see wildlife when you workout outdoors? What do you see?

Off I go!

Have a glowing day :)

1 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope March 30, 2010

Ok, this is random, but I just bought those same dish towels in those exact colors from Target the other day;) Target eats my paychecks:(

2 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope March 30, 2010

oh, and as for your question, I’m in Florida, so I see all kinds of wildlife when I’m out walking or riding my bike. I like to go to this Seminole Lake park and see cute bunnies:)

3 Jessica @ How Sweet March 30, 2010

That guac mold looks so yummy! I love the Champion sports bras from Target. They are SO comfy. I tend to wear them all the time to lounge around, too.

4 Radha March 30, 2010

You inspired me to be real selective in purchasing my walking shoes. Maybe I will go to Dick’s Sporting. Need to get good advice. XO

5 Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 30, 2010

That vegan/vegetarian pizza looks out of control! I’m on vaca too and about to go for a run, let’s see what creatures I see! hope your shoes pain goes away :)

6 Deb March 30, 2010

I was wondering if the bread at Subway is vegan? I thought I remembered them telling me it wasnt and although I am not a strict vegan, I usually choose the vegan choice whenever possible.

7 Elle @ Acquired Tastes March 30, 2010

Just checked Subway’s website cause I was curious too – the 9 Grain Wheat has honey in it, but it looks like the white bread is vegan.

8 Eliana >^..^ March 30, 2010

Thanks for checking Elle

9 Jenny March 30, 2010

Sometimes I’ll see gators! I wonder if you’ll see any? And I’m glad you had no blisters- I’m working through some now!

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 30, 2010

Looks like you’re having a sweet time in Florida!

11 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 30, 2010

Oh Target. You go in for one thing and walk out $100 poorer. That is a crazy turtle!

12 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 30, 2010

what a fun day! way to go beating your time by 5 minutes :)

i haven’t seen a TON of wildlife on my runs/walks, but there have been the occasional fox, deer, and crane every now and then!

13 kalli@fitandfortysomething March 30, 2010

sometimes i see snakes around here but not big turtles like that! great workouts on vacation :)

14 Whitney @ Lettuce Love March 30, 2010

Pizza — amazing! I love all of those veggies. That turtle is crazy, scary. Those fingernails! I saw a dead snake on a run a while ago. That was gross!

15 jen trinque March 30, 2010

In western North Carolina I definitely don’t see wildlife like that! But I do have a Target :)

16 Britt @ Runnerbelle March 30, 2010

I see more wildlife during the warmer weather here, mainly deer, birds and little critters. Although I have seen some seals on my runs by the ocean.

I love the C9 line at Target, super affordable sports gear! I’ll be curious how the camelback works out, I worry about chaffing with one of those.

I’m a Brooks Adrenaline wearer too! They are great shoes, hopefully you continue to have success with them.

17 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 30, 2010

I have those shorts! And that sports bra that you bought is my FAVORITE! I have about eight of them! :-)

I love seeing wildlife on runs…although it does freak me out a little sometimes :-)

18 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 30, 2010

That pizza looks so good! I’ve seen some deer before but never anything that exotic!

19 Tay March 30, 2010

I rarely go to CPK but will have to try that pizza out! I LOVE their food. I got the moroccan chicken salad there last time and it was the best salad I’ve ever had in my life. EVER! I’ve heard great things about their hummus too.

20 Meg's Gut March 30, 2010

Oh man! I was just looking at the menu for CPK – looks absolutely amazing, I wish we had one in Canada!!!

And no, unfortunatly I don’t see any great wildlife on my runs…just a squirel here and there…well, I do see dogs, does that count?

21 Majl March 30, 2010

Oh my god! Those turtles are insanely huge…LOL. You must feel like Supermario dodging them on your run :) Enjoying your vacation posts. CPK is pretty awesome indeed!!! Have a good day.

22 Betsy March 30, 2010

I love target’s sports bras! I have at least 5 in different colors.

23 Lizzie March 30, 2010

Hi Angela!

By pressure, I’m wondering if that also includes a burning sensation? I get that all the time the first few longer-than-3-mile runs that I do in new sneaks. They break themselves in eventually.

That pizza looks amazing!! Where I live at the moment the wildlife is mostly squirrels, but there’s a massive flock of Canada geese that have taken up residence at green spots all over the city, but especially along the river pathway . . and they are SCARY!! They’re not usually aggressive, but they just won’t get out of the way (kind of challenging you) and they poop everywhere!! Some friends from running group have been chased before. In other parts of the city it’s wild turkeys – eeek!! I usually stick to urban areas when I run at home, but the boy plays golf with kangaroos and there are often beautiful birds around. Trail running would be cool – and since I’m already running, I’d be in the perfect position to run away from snakes – ha ha! :)

24 Jessica March 30, 2010

My shoes hurt the balls of my feet at first but after I stretch my feet – I know that sounds awkward but I try and then after a couple of runs it doesn’t hurt anymore. I wouldn’t go too far with the new shoes just yet because it really starts to hurt after awhile. But I’ve had mine for months now and the pain does go away.

25 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 30, 2010

i love love love target too! and that pizza at CPKs looked incredible!!!

26 Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 30, 2010

that pizza looks amazing!!! good to know they do a good job with a veggie loaded pizza.

I see turtles sometimes, but usually nothing. I used to see deer in Utah all the time!

27 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 30, 2010

holy crap @ that turtle’s nails! Um yea, I’d be scared too, Angela!
You and Eric are too cute, and remind me a bit of my husband and my relationship, haha.
That pizza looks awesome!

28 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 30, 2010

I recently bought the 1.5 liter Charm Camelbak and I really like it. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the little “hook” that secures the straw is too high up so the bottom moves around too much.

29 Ameena March 30, 2010

The only wildlife I see in L.A. are crazy drivers trying to run me over when I’m out jogging.

Love CPK so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

30 Katie March 30, 2010

Target is my favorite place to buy workout clothes. They always have the cutest stuff, good quality and not a ton of money.

I almost hit a deer on my bike last fall. The bike path near our house is pretty heavily wooded and they’re always out and about.

31 Kelly March 30, 2010

Let us know if it bothers you at all, I’m curious and interested in buying one!

32 Danielle (Coffee Run) March 30, 2010

I’m not sure how big that turtle really is, but from the pics it looks HUGE. Like…life-sized lol

I’m glad the new shoes worked out! And I’ll be waiting for your guac recipe ;)

33 Anne P March 30, 2010

A few things:

1) Holy CRAP those are some intense nails!!

2) Brooks Adrenaline are what I wear, too! LOVE how light they are :)

3) Very interested to see your thoughts on the CamelBak – I’m in the market for something like that! I hate hand held water bottles and a water belt was too bouncy for me.

34 Lauren March 30, 2010

First off, I love my camelbak. I don’t know how I ever went hiking or mountain biking without it.

Secondly, Target sports bras are the ONLY sports bras that I approve of. They are so comfortable, never chafe, and are cheap!!

Thirdly, CPK is so delicious. Whenever my parents by gifts (Bday, xmas) for my boyfriend, I make them buy him CPK gift cards so that he can take me out to dinner. Selfish, I know. But it’s so good! Their Moroccan chicken salad is to die for (awesome without the chicken too).

35 Jil March 30, 2010

I LOVE CPK. Their frozen pizzas are awesome – esp. the thin crust (IMO)! Love Target’s sports bra selections – with my weightloss over the last few years I’ve had to invest in a few, and since their prices are cheapooo it has made it less cringe-inducing to have to keep purchasing them. I have a purple one that I lovvve!

Oh, and that picture of you and Eric is adorable!! Love the outfit!!

36 Katie March 30, 2010

On one of my 5 am runs last summer I came across the ugliest, fattest and grumpiest raccoons (about to pillage my neighbour’s green bin) and he flipped me the bird.

Needless to say I didn’t trespass on his solitude any further.

37 skinnyrunner March 30, 2010

i see bunnies on the bike routes i run.
the weather there looks fabulous!

38 Dani March 30, 2010

Hi Angela,
I have those same sneakers and I noticed the exact same feeling on my first two-three runs. It has since went away and they feel great and now I love them. Hope you find the same thing!

39 Nicole March 30, 2010

I’ve had my run analyzed on video with various runners (at a place called Jack Rabbit in NYC) and was AMAZED at the difference runners can make (and coincidentally use the Brooks Adrenaline also!)

Wildlife: I’ve been living in Madagascar since August…and thought FOR SURE I’d run into CRAZY wildlife… so far – a snail!! It was a big snail…but stilll… just A SNAIL!??!?!!!

40 Jes (Self Motivation) March 30, 2010

The coolest wildlife I ever saw was when I found my first kitten! ( http://jes0918.blogspot.com/2008/06/cutest-thing-ive-ever-found-while.html ) He was only 3 oz and didn’t even have his eyes open yet. I had to bottle feed him and take care of him, and how he is a great big cat! I’ve seen an armadillo, alligators, bunnies, and deer. Oh and tons of birds!

PS I love CPK!

41 Meredith March 30, 2010

That’s amazing! What a cute kitty

42 Dotsie March 30, 2010

I’ve seen gators, nutria (swamp rat),various birds, turtles, and lizards!

43 Bronwyn March 30, 2010

I see:

– a pair of bald eagles
– herons

And I’m in the “middle” of the city! Vancouver is awesome.

44 Cristina March 30, 2010

Ooh, I have that Nike running top as well, it’s my favorite, I’ve worn it in almost every race I’ve ran for the past year :p And LMAO at Eric and his socks!!

45 Amy @ Everything is Homemade March 30, 2010

I see deer all the time when I’m running. Usually they are off in a nearby field, but once I was running on a trail and rounded a corner and bam! Right there not 10 feet away was a deer standing in the middle of the trail. She ran off when she saw me. I think we were both surprised!

46 Jen March 30, 2010

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for eating the entire pizza! I go to CPK all the time and I eat the whole veggie pizza! I get tired of people only eating 1/2 or saving some for leftovers. Come on people…the pizzas aren’t that big! ;) I LOVE CPK! It’s so awesome that you’re going there on your vacation!

47 Plate+Simple March 30, 2010

I remember seeing lizards EVERYWHERE on our trip to Florida. Quite a change from the wildlife I see on my runs around Vancouver!

Oh and Target? LOVE.

48 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 30, 2010

OH wow… that turtle would scare me too!!!
Yay for the good runs!
CPK is amazing…YUM!

49 Keri March 30, 2010

I totally ran into a raccoon once. Literally RAN INTO it! Like I rounded a corner and it was in the middle of the street. I couldn’t stop and it didn’t move, so I kicked it! I’m lucky I didn’t get bitten :)

50 Run Sarah March 30, 2010

I am totally terrified by the lizards in Florida! I usually just see dirty city birds and the occasional fat squirrel out here ;) Allen and I went to CPK on our honeymoon and LOVED it, seriously, best pizza I’ve ever had. Yum!

51 Jenna Z March 30, 2010

I noticed the same thing when I switched from Brooks Ariels to Mizuno Wave Inspires. Ariels are like BOOTS compared to lighter shoes. Now I feel like I’m wearing ballet slippers!

52 Courtney March 30, 2010

I saw a big, fat woodchuck on my run the other day!!
Courtney
adventures in tri-ing

53 Melissa March 30, 2010

wicked finds at target. That is an awesome color for the sports bra! I’m not a huge runner but I’ll have to look at the shoe weight next time I’m buying shoes as I do a lot of hiking…lighter the better:) And I have to say that is the best looking veggie pizza I’ve ever seen….with TONS of veggies…yum:) For wildlife.. I had to jump over a couple of snakes one time as I had no time to go around them..ick!

54 elliebelle March 30, 2010

Target sports bras are my favorite! I LOVE them!
Cute little turtle. :)
Also, your pizza is making me hungry!!!!

55 Georgia March 30, 2010

ARen’t those TARGET bras the best?? I wanted to wear it out and leave my normal gear behind!! Love them! :)

56 Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl March 30, 2010

I’d be scared of that turtle too!!! haha those nails are out of this world!

57 KathyR March 30, 2010

I’ve been scaring up lizards by the dozen on my outdoor walks lately. Always plenty of birds, too.

I have that pink sports bra from Target. A couple of white ones, too. It’s pretty comfy.

58 John March 30, 2010

I’ve come across a turtle you need to respect…a snapping turtle. Also have seen geese,ducks,wild turkeys and deer as I tend to run out of town a lot.

59 Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear March 30, 2010

Everything is this post looks so good :)

Finnish wildlife is nothing like in your pictures, but I do see the occassional rabbit, deer etc, running around the forest :)

60 Laura Georgina March 30, 2010

I see lots of stray dogs and plenty of run-over frogs, ick… But no turtles and (fingers crossed) never a snake. If I ever saw a snake on a run, that would be the end of my neighborhood running days.

I’m so happy you got a good dose of Target! Might there be more trips over the border to hit up Target more often, hee hee?

61 Lisa March 30, 2010

How did you like the Camelback? I’ve been debating getting one because I like the idea of it…but I’m weary of it moving around too much.

62 LindsayH March 30, 2010

one evening i was running with my dog and she stopped in her tracks and went on point (she’s a weimaraner). we had literally just started so i was like wtf, come on! tugging on her. and then i looked up ahead of us on the trail and saw what she was pointing at….a whole family of SKUNKS! i turned around and hightailed it out of there.

63 Jess March 30, 2010

I don’t see much except Bunnies and birds.

But please let us know about the CamelPak I have been considering buying one but I was also worried about chaffing.

Thanks!

64 Angela March 30, 2010

I just bought the exact same pink bra at Target!!! Love all the selection!
Glad to hear that Eric continues to be well stocked in the sock dept – that’s hilarious!!

65 Michelle March 30, 2010

I am so in love with Target! :) I bought a running skirt there the other day and it is Bomb! have you ever tried one?? target actually has a really nice one for a good price :) I wanted to try one forever, but they’re always like 50$! A bit pricy for me! so I was super stoked to find one at Target :)

I always see bunnies! they’re so cute! there are so many wild ones here in southern california. Also Gecko’s, and squirrels. :)
Awesome about the shoes, I am really picky about fit for my running shoes too, and always go to a knowledgeable sales person :)

66 Therese March 30, 2010

Holy cow! Everything you ate was awesome! I’m needing my lunch now…

I have those Nike running gloves as well (just in grey and blue) and I love them! Even in really cold weather they stood up well (after having to warm up, though).

When I first started running I was also given the Brookes Ariels. The guy didn’t really look much at my feet, he did what many do when an overweight girl with wide feet come in, give me the most protective shoe possible. But also like you, I didn’t need them that badly! I got myself properly fitted and turned out I also don’t pronate as badly as I had originally thought. I’ve been using Saucony Hurricane’s for over a year now and man! What a difference! I don’t feel like I’m running in concrete shoes anymore! Ha ha ha Hopefully the pressure is just a factor of working them in on your new sneaks, though!

67 Nicole, RD March 30, 2010

That guac + corn looks awesome!

I love Target’s sports bras, too! I have a rainbow of the colors in my drawer!

I’m getting a camel back soon, I can’t wait!

68 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty March 30, 2010

Wow… those are some serious toe nails on that turtle!! i’ve never seen a turtle with toe nails! !haha… Weird!!

That pizza looks beyond amazing!! Yes please!

69 Jamie @ Tearaveler March 30, 2010

Careful!! Snapping turtles are dangerous! One that size could easily take off a few fingers in one bite.

Target’s sports bras are the best! Esp. the thin strap ones!!

Question, I know you ordered vegan, but do you worry about the egg product in the pizza dough?

70 LindsayH March 31, 2010

many pizza doughs are vegan – the common ingredients are yeast, flour, water, oil, salt. CPK’s thin crust is vegan.

71 Paige March 30, 2010

I run with my Camelbak often in the summertime. It never rubs and always stays in place. Some days, I couldn’t run without it.

I run on a trail along the TN River, and beavers often cross the path. They look at me, and I look at them…LOL!

72 Diana @ frontyardfoodie March 30, 2010

Wowsers! Those are some long nails! I was slightly startled by it and I wasn’t even near it!

I’m also really scared of spiders and they’re way slower walkers than I am. haha

The food looks incredible!

73 Amanda March 30, 2010

How did those nails get so long??? I usually see deer or bunnies : )

I have a substance abuse problem with Target! They have way too many cute things and the work out gear is great for the price.

Gotta love that new running shoe feel. I have high arch orthotics in mine and they need to be replaced : ( Kinda nervous to run without them, they make such a HUGE difference.

74 Ashley March 30, 2010

Those turtles are faster then you think! Beware.

Around my neighborhood in the south burbs of Chicago I mostly see hoodrats. Lol. And deer. My arms get dislocated every time my dogs happen to notice deer. Maybe I should stop walking the two 60+ lb dogs at once?

75 Leanne March 30, 2010

Great to see the pictures from your vacation – it looks beautiful there.

Regarding your Brooks shoes, the Ariels are a motion-control shoe with a very large medial post. Take a look at the medial outside of your shoe, see the huge grey piece…that’s for people who severely pronate and have a lot of foot/ankle movement when they walk. Usually people buy this because their foot dr. has told them to buy it – this is not a common shoe for the average person. If you run in these shoes and don’t actually need this much motion control, you will suffer from severe knee problems as well as lower back problems.

The Brooks Adrenaline also has pronation control but at a much lesser rate/amount. Again you can see the gray section in the medial outside of the shoe – not as chunky and therefore the shoe doesn’t weigh as much. This shoe is for the person with some visable pronation issues – as seen when you have a gait analysis (which everyone should have done before buying running shoes).

I am interested – you have orthotics yet you still need a pronation control shoe? Did you have your orthotics with you when you had your gait analysis done in Florida? Did you put them into the new shoes (Adrenaline’s) and have the staff watch you walk or run? Most people don’t need pronation control shoes when they have their orthotics in since the orthotics tend to be designed to correct the problems you have. The average population has a fairly normal gail and needs a neutral shoe – like the Brooks Glycerin or the New Balance 1064. You may want to try a neutral shoe with your orthotics to see if you feel any different. Do a few deep knee bends infront of a mirror to see if your need come together or if they remain in line (in line is what you want).

Also, always walk away from a store that asks “What size are you?” You should always be measured (for length and width)every time as your feet change over time, have a gait analysis done, take the factory footbed out and stand on it (don’t stand on the very end of it just a tad up from the back end) – see if you have a pinky finger width from the end of the insole to your longest toe as any shorter = too short of a shoe, falling over the footbed = too narrow. There are so many things to look for and a certified shoe fitting will help in so many ways.

New Balance has a few stores in Ontario with highly trainer professional fitters. I suggest you try out a New Balance 1064 with your orthotics. I also suggest, if your feet are a narrow as you say, that you try either a 2A width or a B width. Any heel movement? Try a different lacing technique as found on the New Balance website.

Happy Running.
Leanne

76 Kacy March 30, 2010

That turtle is crazy looking! I’ve never seen one with claws before!

If your running shoes are causing you discomfort, they probably aren’t going to get better. Running shoes are built so well these days that there really isn’t a “break-in period” anymore. If something hurts on day 1, it will hurt on day 201 too. You might consider going back to the store for an exchange.

Ariels are a motion control shoe, which is why they were heavier – they are the highest level of stability a shoe can provide a runner (the male version of that shoe is called the Beast, haha) so you might not be getting the right level of support in your new shoes if you’re supposed to be in a motion control. Ascics has a good motion control shoe, as does K-Swiss.

Sorry to ramble, I just work at a running shoe store.

I love all your Target purchases. Best store ever! And Eric’s fascination with socks is hilarious.

77 Leanne March 30, 2010

I completely agree – see my comment above. I too work at a running shoe store and for sure no “break-in period”. They should fit today how they will fit tomorrow, next month, etc.

78 Lauren @ BIOCHEMISTA March 30, 2010

Hi!!

I looooove running and taking pictures. I’ve been doing long runs (10-15) miles for the last 5 weeks or so and taking pics along the way. I live in Washington, DC so there’s lots to see :) I’ve seen a few deer but that’s pretty much it (in terms of interesting wildlife).

Love the Target workout gear. They have really been steppin’ up their game! ;)

Have a great day!!

-Lauren

79 Allison @ Food For Healing March 30, 2010

Thatd be so cool to see wildlife like that. All that i see around here in the golfcourse is geese haha. So canadian!

80 zoe March 30, 2010

aren’t new running shoes the greatest!? i just (FINALLY) got a new pair after way too many months of running on (basically) dead shoes. talk about a new motivation to run! i also shaved off some time on my four miler, too :) i can’t wait to see how the camel back works out for you, i might just have to buy one ;)

side note: I LOVE YOUR BLOG. i randomly found it one day a couple months back and it is the first blog i have ever “followed” religiously. you’re really a great inspiration. i’m new to the blogging world (officially on sunday!) and joined, in part, because of your wonderful blog. thanks, angela!

81 Katie March 30, 2010

I love Target so much for that very reason! You go in to get laundry soap and come home with cute shoes.

82 Eliana >^..^ March 30, 2010

1. OMG, I cant believe you ate all that pizza :O)
2. I always see tons of wildlife, mainly birds. I like that I can ID them when I run by them, its a challenge knowing their species.
3. I love target, tons of running stuff.
4. I have that camelback and love it.

Keep enjoying your trip. I want a postcard. LoL :O)

83 Allison March 30, 2010

Hello! I read your blog all of the time, but never comment. Random thought: You look like Kelly Ripa in the pic with the blue tank, I thought it was her at first glance! Beautiful :)

84 amanda@thegrainsofparadise March 30, 2010

Aloha! I just nominated you for a Sunshine Award! Check it out!

85 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 30, 2010

I love target!! Ahh you make me so excited to go this weekend =D I love their bras, so cute and comfy!!

I see a lot of squirrels, pigeons and dogs. Nothing interesting like turtles!!

xo
K

86 Amanda March 30, 2010

ever since I moved to South Jersey, I’ve been seeing giant flocks of turkeys? they’re massive and are always doing something weird, like sitting around in the middle of a busy road. i didn’t know there were so many wild anything in NJ!

87 erica March 30, 2010

omg! the edward scissorhands turtle!!! is that normal?!?! i’d be scared too! hahaha. i think i’ll try something new next time i go to cpk! i love that place!

88 Sarah @ THE FOODIE DIARIES March 30, 2010

angela, i have the same brooks (LOVE them!) and i had the EXACT same problem when i first started using them. im not sure that you need your orthotics because, within a week, the pressure on the balls of my feet completely went away. i think its just a matter of breaking them in!

89 Christina March 30, 2010

I see squirrels and deer a lot when I run. That is one crazy turtle – I never knew they had claws!

I love that water bottle backpack! Can’t wait to see how you like it.

90 kate March 30, 2010

What a funny turtle! I would of been kinda scared with those talons too! Love your Target finds & the veggies on that pizza look amazing.

91 Julie March 30, 2010

i just bought that same sports bra in purple and that camelbak! I used it on my long run.. it is FANTASTIC

92 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 30, 2010

WOW What a day! That pizza looks FANTASTIC!!

93 Carolyn March 30, 2010

long front claws on a mature turtle… equal a male… and yes it is discribed as Edward Scissorhands!! ;-)

94 Jennifer March 30, 2010

I typically see squirrels and the occasional road kill (Yuck!), but the best was when I was running in Jamaica and a weasle ran across my path!!! I couldn’t believe it!

95 Michelle March 30, 2010

Hi Ange! This is the cutest post ever!! Glad to hear that your new shoes are so rocking. 5 minutes off your time is AWESOME and to think I was jumping for joy this weekend when my new socks shaves 30 seconds off my time. muahhahaha Silly me huh?

That pizza looks incredible!! Sometimes the trick really is knowing how to order at a restaurant, and you my dear, certainly have that down!!!

96 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble March 30, 2010

I was running one stormy afternoon and saw this poor lost dog in the rain… then it turned and looked at me… it was a COYOTE!! I was glad he was by himself and not with a pack, and he seemed to be more scared of me and quickly ran off. It was quite a surprise running into him on the trail!

I love California Pizza Kitchen! The roasted veggie pizza is my favorite too, but with goat cheese! I had a roommate that use to work at CPK and she would always bring home food. It was great!

97 Leah March 30, 2010

Thats crazy you saw a turtle!! Id be totally scared of it!
I never thought to look at Target for running stuff. I always go to Superstore, but for another excuse to hit up Target Im in!

98 Jolene March 30, 2010

The only wildlife I see are squirrels, bunnies, and dogs being walked by their owners :-)

99 Becky March 30, 2010

I swear by my Brooks Adrenaline 10s…gotta pick up another pair soon! I don’t see lots of wildlife on my runs, but the barking dogs seem pretty wild to me. They make me run fast because I always feel like they’re about to jump their fences.

100 Kiersten March 30, 2010

What a cute turtle! I have seen more wildlife lately since I moved to my new apartment. My apartment faces the edge of a wooded area and there are lots of critters hiding in there. We have tons of birds, feral cats, deer, and possums. I have also encountered small frogs, lizards, and a snake (once) when I was hiking with my boyfriend.

101 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 30, 2010

Wow you are finding all kinds of deals. Your luggage is going to be stuffed.

102 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad March 30, 2010

Haha, that turtle’s got some NAILS! In Charleston, I sometimes see the neighborhood alligator when I’m on a run. Freaks me out! I’ll get the gators are worse in FL too….

103 Cole March 30, 2010

That is an adorable turtle! Sometimes I see a heron or some turtles basking on a log in the river…it always makes me super excited.

104 Jennifer March 30, 2010

How yummy did your pizza look – it’s 10:30am here in Australia and I’m craving pizza now thank Angela :) hehehe.

I see birds mostly on my runs, I’ve seen a Kangaroo or two when I go visit my mum. On a night run I have to keep a look out for bats – yes Bats! I hate them lol

105 Patti March 30, 2010

I see Canada Geese when I’m doing my walk/run. I get really scared when they hog the pathway at the park :( I would have been scared of that Edward Scissorhands turtle too!!

106 maria March 30, 2010

I LOVE TURTLES! So cute! Thanks for the pics. :)

And I am super jealous of all your new running equipment and gear. I want to get a camelback eventually, but I don’t know if I would use it enough to warrant buying one.

107 Maria Schade March 30, 2010

I see brown tree snakes (an invasive species here), frogs, herons and sometimes boonie dogs (wild, inbred, strange looking). We also get dive bombed by birds here during mating season, but I have no idea what they are called.
I miss Target! We don’t have one here.

108 'Dee March 30, 2010

I want to hear the Camelbak review!! I have been so tempted as I *gasp* start to try for longer mileage.

As for wildlife, here are some of the usual suspects I’ll see on a trail run (and sometimes on a suburbian pavement run!)
* hawks
* rabbits
* geese
* ducks
* deer
* coyotes (!)
* turtles
* racoons

109 Jen March 30, 2010

I live in Australia – so i have seen kangaroos, wallabies, native birds, the occassional echinda or wombat as well as lots of little bush bunny rabbits.

110 pam landy March 30, 2010

I was in Phoenix for the weekend and saw a lot of lizards on my run today and sometimes scorpions because my parents’ house is at the bottom of Camelback mountain. Thankfully, just lizards today :) In San Diego I usually see this guy on his bike who lets his cat ride on his shoulders, it’s crazy!

111 Jenn March 31, 2010

I’m usually just a lurker, but had to comment because I had an amazing pizza the other day in Toronto that looked just like the one you had at CPR. It’s called Politica, and is on Strachan between King W and Queen W. I had the Mercatto pizza with no cheese. Best. ever. The crust was amazing, as were the toppings. Highly recommend it next time you’re downtown! The menu is on Dine TO. :)

112 Macey March 31, 2010

I have the exact same bright pink sports bra from Target! I love it :) Just FYI though… if you sweat it leaves your boobies bright pink too! Even after a few washings! LOL.

113 stina March 31, 2010

I definitely have those same dish towels.

114 Jenn March 31, 2010

Hi,
I am glad to hear you loved your whole pizza!
I haven’t had to deal with orthotics in my runners, but if you need them, you better use them!
I use to run with the Ariel’s, totally hear you on the weight of the shoe. When I switched over to the Mizuno Wave Inspire, my feet felt tonnes lighter. Only problem with them was I could feel the end of the wave plate under the ball of my foot and my toes would go numb.
So I switched over to the NB w850’s, loved them so much I bought two pairs while HM training. Ran out of them about 200 km ago, but only replaced them last week with the Sauconey Hurricanes. Oh my, my feet are in heaven.
Careful with the wildlife! Have fun!!

115 Tory April 1, 2010

Okay, I found your blog tonight and have been browsing it for 2 hours (crazy, I know!). I love it. Thank you for all the inspiration and tips to get my body in shape and feel better..

Here are just some things on why I had to comment on this post:

#1. I have those same running gloves! I love them, and work in keeping my hands warm in the cold Alaska running days in the wilderness :)

#2. I see all sorts of animals in the wild. Moose, fox, black bear, lynx, rabbits-My husband actually runs with a gun while we are on trails!