One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Greetings! :)

Back to the 7 course vegan feast last night…

This is what really good food does to people… ;)

DSC 6786 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Attendees:

• Lindsey and her husband, Ross
  • Ryan and my boyfriend, Evan
  • Caitlin and her husband, Kristien
  • Me and Eric
  • Megan and her friend, Mark
  • Meghann
  • Ashley and her boyfriend, David
  • Katy W. and her husband, Lucas
  • Katy H. and her husband, Adam
  • Evan’s brother’s fiancee, Dana
  • Kelly and her boyfriend, Anthony

[List Stolen from Ryan!]

Yes, we were excited. Even the non-vegans were super impressed!

Ryan and Lindsey hosted a 24, 24, 24 event with Foodbuzz last night and invited about 20 of us over for this amazing vegan feast. Wait til you see this…

Course 1:

An Italian appetizer of Tomato Basil Bread Crostini with a Bruschetta consisting of tomato, basil, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, cannellini beans and a sweet balsamic reduction.

IMG 2915 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

IMG 2909 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

This was incredible! I loved the touch of drizzling the vinegar over top. It made the dish.

IMG 2899 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOORIMG 2900 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Each course was introduced by Ryan or Lindsey and it was so professional! They did an amazing job.

IMG 9694 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Course 2:

An African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup

IMG 2937 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

IMG 2939 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR
Soup was amazing! I could easily have had another big bowl but I was pacing myself as I still had 4 courses to go.

IMG 2919 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR IMG 2920 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

We were so impressed!!

IMG 2922 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR IMG 2916 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Course 3:

A French vegan version of  a Nicoise Salad.

IMG 2926 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

My plate:

IMG 2934 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

I feel so normal around other bloggers! We crowded the table to take pictures. :mrgreen:

IMG 2927 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR IMG 2929 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Course 4:

A simple palate cleanser of a Moroccan Mint Sorbet with coconut water, coconut milk, lime and fresh mint.

IMG 2941 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

All the men were saying I LOVE VEGAN FOOD! lol. Eric gobbled up everything in sight!

Course 5:

Mexican Vegan Tamales with Masa and a Black Bean, Salsa Verde, Corn and Green Chiles Filling.

IMG 2954 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Have you ever seen food wrapped in a corn husk??? I have not. So cool. And no, you don’t eat the husk! ;)

IMG 2956 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

IMG 2958 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Course 6:

Jamaican Jerk Seitan with raw Plaintain Chips.

IMG 2962 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Both dishes were firsts for me!

I enjoyed the dehydrated plantain. The Seitan was interesting- it had a texture just like meat. Seitan is gluten protein and I’m told you can make it by soaking a loaf of French bread and massaging it until the starch wears away and just the gluten remains. I probably wouldn’t make it or buy it myself, but it was fun to try.

IMG 2960 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

My plate plus more chips as we chatted.

IMG 2963 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR IMG 2965 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

No one could believe that I had never tried plantain before!

Course 7:

An All American, Vegan and Raw classic dessert of S’mores (Pure2Raw twins recipe!).

IMG 2966 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

I had a square and then I handed out a box of Adore Glo Bars before we left.

IMG 2971 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR IMG 2973 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

An additional Birthday Dessert for Katy of a Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake:

IMG 9701 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Needless to say, we were all pleasantly stuffed!!!! I stuck to the safe side with alcohol yet again and just had 1 beer as we had another early morning wake up call! Getting up early to travel with a hangover is not fun.

This morning we left for St Pete’s to meet up with family! We met at Denny’s for breakfast. I checked out the menu last night and found some oatmeal and fresh fruit, so I knew I would arrive with a PLAN! :) When I got there they were very reluctant to make the oatmeal without milk, but finally they said they could. I had fresh fruit and dumped it over top.

IMG 9711s2 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

The fruit was pretty good, but I won’t lie the oats were AWFUL! lol. It tasted like cold grits or something. My stomach was a bit queasy. At least I had something though. I knew I had lots of food waiting for me in the car so I wasn’t too worried.

Me with my Uncle Jeff and my Grammie (my dad’s mom). I had not seen my Uncle Jeff in almost 12 years!!!!

IMG 9706d3 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Then we were Sarasota bound!

IMG 9715 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

The only problem was the weather…

IMG 9730 thumb   One Course, Two Course, Seven Course…FLOOR

Stay tuned to find out what we did. :)

PS- For those of you asking about where I got the purple dress and teal dress, they are both from Urban Outfitters. :)

Lauren March 28, 2010

What a cliff hanger!!! Haha…looks like you’re having a great trip! ;)

Meghan@traveleatlove March 28, 2010

That meal looks absolutely amazing! I may have to borrow a few of those ideas for upcoming dinner parties!

SoVeryFabulous March 28, 2010

OMG it all looks so delish, all these pics are making me so hungry!

Danica March 28, 2010

What a fun 24,24,24 ~ I LOVE It! They did such a great job ~ all the food looks like it belongs in Ubunti ~ The Vegan Place near my work in Napa, Ca….YUM!!!

P.S. I LOVE that you are STILL on vacation since the last time I posted – fun :D

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) March 28, 2010

That all looks amazing, and is inspiring to people like me who can’t think of a vegan recipe to save their life. I’ll definitely have to try some of those!
How weird that they didn’t want to make your oatmeal without milk – it should be easier to make it with just water instead!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 28, 2010

I’ve been reading all of the recaps and the dinner sounds FABULOUS!!

Jenny March 28, 2010

Sorry the weather was crappy today- It’s gonna be in the 80′s this week though! You look beautiful in all the pictures and I’m glad ya had a good time!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 28, 2010

All of that food looks amazing. What a fun meet up! :) Cant wait to hear about the rest of your vacation. Enjoy! I need to make that food in the corn husks, great idea.

Jil March 28, 2010

Ahh, that meal looks absolutely amazing!!

Anna March 28, 2010

Lol ‘•Ryan and my(?) boyfriend, Evan’
your skin always glows more than everyone else (in the world), what’s your secret? ;D

Elise March 28, 2010

Yum! Just wanted to make sure (forgive me if this sounds dumb!) that you know you can make seitan very easily using vital wheat gluten… The massaging flour way is super old school, but the vital wheat gluten way is actually really easy. Just checkin, did not mean to insult your intelligence or anything!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 28, 2010

What an amazing dinner!!! Glad to see some bloggers are out there giving veganism/meat free meals a good name :-)

I can’t believe you’ve never had tamales– they’re SOOOOO good, right?!?

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 28, 2010

Oh my gosh that was one VEGAN FEAST!!! You took some fabulous photos of the night. SO cute. Perfect timing that you were in town :)

Why wouldn’t you eat seitan–just not a fan or there are sources of protein that you prefer?

EaterNotARunner March 28, 2010

That looks like SUCH an incredible dinner! How fun!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 28, 2010

Looks like the 7 course meal was a success. The dessert looked like the best part.

Sarah March 28, 2010

Oh my gosh, that all looks AMAZING! I have never had as much fun with my food as when I made the transition to vegetarianism (and now tiptoeing into vegan-ness). It’s so great!
This really makes me wish I could go to a blogger meetup.
It also makes me wish I had a decent camera…

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 28, 2010

Oooo Urban Outfitters is awesome!!
Very cool that you happened to be in town for that amazing Vegan feast! So jealous!

Anne P March 28, 2010

That looks so fun :) I’m really sad I wasn’t down in Florida for your visit!!! Boooooooooo. Someday we will meet :)

Also, I have to say I loved your dresses in the previous posts :)

Plate+Simple March 28, 2010

All I can say is WOW to that vegan feast. Looks amazing!

And might I add, well done at Denny’s! I tell people I can almost always find something vegan to eat, no matter where I am – but Denny’s would certainly be a tough challenge. Nice work! *applause!*

Kris March 28, 2010

Does Eric know about your boyfriend, Evan…. ;)

lol

xoxo

Tamara November 8, 2010

Hee, Kris, I was wondering the same thing. :D

healthy ashley March 28, 2010

Meeting you and Eric was amazing :) Thank you for the bars!

Jolene March 28, 2010

That is such a great group picture!!!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 28, 2010

Oh how fantastic!!! :)

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 28, 2010

Yummm! Can I please reach through the computer screen and grab some?! ;)

thedelishdish March 28, 2010

what a fabulous dinner!! so cool to see all your bloggers hanging out in person. and all the food looks absolutely delicious!

Kelly March 28, 2010

Wow, I am not vegan but that all looks so delicious!! You wouldn’t even miss meat eating like that!

I’ve seen these 24 24 24 parties a few times here and there. What exactly are they? I clicked on the link but didn’t quite get a description of exactly what it entails! I am intrigued!

kate March 28, 2010

Such good eats & company!

Marina March 28, 2010

7 courses + amazing company, sounds like so much fun!
I think I would definitely enjoy something like that, and all that food looks amazing!
Specially african soup!

Kelly March 29, 2010

Hi Ange,
This is kind of a personal question, but I was wondering if Eric ever gets upset and bothered by the fact that you are a vegan? I am also a vegan, and my husband tells me it’s a form of an eating disorder. If I didn’t eat crackers because they weren’t “vegan” I would get a lot of crap from him. Does eric like your vegan lifestyle?

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 29, 2010

What an amazing night!! Delicious food, wonderful company- what could be better?!?! =D

xo
K

Christina March 29, 2010

Wow, what an amazing dinner, and it looks like everyone had so much fun :) I have to find the recipe for those s’mores!

Mo March 29, 2010

Wow, wow, wow. What a meal! I am so impressed by their talents!

Heading to St. Pete! Yippeee! I am sooo excited to follow you! (I am catching up, as I was not online at all this weekend)

Eliana >^..^ March 29, 2010

All that vegan food looks so delicious, I’m curious to know how come you wont be using any seitan? any negatives on seitan?

Hugs

Melissa March 29, 2010

what a meal!! That’s so cool that a bunch of bloggies got together for a meal. That’s awesome that the men loved it too..as they usually are one of the biggest skeptics!

deisegirl March 30, 2010

that’s an interesting way of making seitan you mention..must investigate that more! I buy vital gluten to make it from scratch and that is sooooooo simple but unfortunately I have to order it from America so I tend to ration it out!

All the food looks sensational :)

tofulicious24 March 31, 2010

Hi! I like your blog- the food looks soooo good!

I usually make seitan with vital gluten at the store and http://vegandad.blogspot.com/ has a lot of simple recipes.