Snakes and Gingerbread

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 27, 2010

Well Helloooooo (said in Mrs Doubtfire voice)  ;)

We had fun at Universal Studios today! The sun was shining and it was a glorious 79F.

IMG_9610

But first Miss HTP made me the most delicious Chocolate Cherry Bomb. I have been dying to try one! It had spinach, almond milk, 15 frozen cherries, 1/2 banana, and chocolate powder. YUM.

IMG_9585IMG_9586

And she made Eric pancakes!!

IMG_9592IMG_9593

After some snuggles with the puppies we were off!

IMG_9591IMG_9601

We were like two 10 year olds!

IMG_9600

Scoobieeeeeeeeeeeee.

IMG_9614

Do you know what this says?

IMG_9623IMG_9631

IMG_9613IMG_9627 IMG_9625IMG_9629  IMG_9632

We ate at Moe’s for lunch after a recommendation from Meghann! I got a veg. burrito without cheese and sour cream- It had guacamole, rice, beans, cukes, salsa, etc. It was kick butt.

IMG_9645IMG_9644

Look at that blue sky!!

IMG_9661 IMG_9658

Eric won me a SNAKE!!! Which is so fitting given all our snake teasing in Florida ;)

IMG_9669  IMG_9671

And he won GINGIE (We’re obsessed with the gingerbread man in Shrek). We played against each other in the game where you smash the gophers with a big padded hammer. He killed me…150 to 90! I think his reaction time is so much faster than mine because of his gaming…lol. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

IMG_9703

True love folks. We have yet to name the snake yet…ideas?? :)

After a full day at the park, we hit up the famous Orlando Lululemon outlet!

They didn’t have anything in my size though!! I shed a single tear…or ten. However, Eric had a huge score in the Hugo Boss outlet! He got a belt for just $30 bucks- similar ones are $120 in the store in Toronto. Score!

We came home chilled with Caitlin and Christian, and then we got ready to go to a very fun 7-course vegan dinner. This night will be continued in my next post because it is going to be HUGE!!

We’re going to watch last week’s episode of The Office now as soon as we hit publish…;)

Notice her shirt? Yup, that was made by my own two hands!

IMG_9705

Tomorrow morning we are off early to St Pete’s to meet up with my family for breakfast. Then we are Sarasota bound!

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 27, 2010 at 10:47 pm

what an awesome day…you guys are rock stars! i LOVE theme parks and blue skies :) hope you guys keep having the best time!

Bridget March 27, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Bridget March 27, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 27, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Ahhhh you and Eric are adorable!! I hope I find someone with a childish heart so we can gush over cartoons too :) I can’t believe you MADE that shirt–so talented.

Lindsey March 27, 2010 at 11:10 pm

What awesome awesome pictures!!! :) :) :)

What about ” ‘Fraidy Snake” for a name? ;)

(‘Scuse the personal question, but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your skin! Do you use makeup at all? It looks SO natural! – eh, what kind – if you do – ? Hope you don’t mind the asking! I know you’re super busy!!!)

Mara @ What's for Dinner? March 27, 2010 at 11:26 pm

HOORAY for fuzzy iron-on letters!!! Remember when I taught you about those?? Good times :)

Looks like a wonderful day, and how did i not know you love Gingie from Shrek too?? WE’re rather obsessed with shrek over here…

Candice March 27, 2010 at 11:27 pm

You guys are SO cute! So glad to know that Moe’s has good options. I always see that restaurant in airports, but never knew if they had good options!

Love the shirt too:)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 27, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Looks like you had so much fun… I want to be a kid again!!

Sarah March 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm

There’s a Lululemon OUTLET?????? I am SOOOOOOO going there the next time I visit my parents!

You guys are adorable!

Leah March 27, 2010 at 11:41 pm

That looks like SO much fun!!

sarah March 27, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I’m so jealous, one day I want to go to Disneyland too

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 27, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Looks like a stunning day and so much fun!

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) March 28, 2010 at 12:45 am

EAT ME! Oh, I love Gingie!

I looove Universal Studios too! I’ve only been to the LA one though. Great to see you’re having fun.

Kate @ Spoonful of Vigor March 28, 2010 at 12:57 am

Where do you get your pretty dresses?? That blue is stunning!

Kendall March 28, 2010 at 1:37 am

I’m going to go out on a limb here on the name for a snake…

(Prepare to be gangster’d out)

What about…

Flo-Rida (like Rider but said all slang… AND its pretty neat since that’s where the whole thing started – in Florida…)

… :) Have a great rest of your trip!!

caitlin March 28, 2010 at 6:38 am

I like Flo Rida as well!

Lin March 28, 2010 at 2:03 am

I’ve never been to disney world (not for lack of trying though lol)! you guys look so adorable, maybe disney will put you in their brochure and offer you free visits :-P

elena March 28, 2010 at 5:46 am

hello, angela. i’ve been watching your blog since summer but i’ ve never had the courage to comment. i was just thinking if there is any difference between bio products and organic products. can you give me some insight about it? thanks a lot. i apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes. i’m roumanian

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear March 28, 2010 at 5:56 am

After seeing your pics I really want to go back to the Universal Studios :) and the weather looks so nice too!

Angela March 28, 2010 at 6:47 am

I love reading your Florida updates – you guys are packing in so much fun stuff!! That stinks about Lulu….I’ve wanted to make the trek to Orlando just to go there so I’m really glad to know it wouldn’t be worth it!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 28, 2010 at 6:50 am

Now I’m REALLY mad that my parents never took me there as a kid :-) Looks like such a fun day!

Cassandra March 28, 2010 at 7:19 am

i love the giant gingerbread man! you guys look like your having an amazing time! :)

Kelly (Local Foodie's Fight) March 28, 2010 at 7:26 am

what a hilarious picture of you two at the end. hahah. I havent been to universal studios in ages. am so jealous of 79 degree weather too :-(

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 28, 2010 at 7:51 am

I want to go to Disney!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place March 28, 2010 at 8:06 am

glad you guys are having a blast!!

Where did you buy your dresses that you’ve been wearing on the trip? i love them! I’d love to buy one for my honeymoon!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 28, 2010 at 8:23 am

What a fun day! And that burrito looks delish =D

xo
K

Kath March 28, 2010 at 8:35 am

I ALWAYS say “helooooooo” like Mrs. Doubtfire too!!! HAHA!

eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 28, 2010 at 8:36 am

Boo for the lack of lulu! But sounds like you’re having a blast anyway!!
Sara

meg March 28, 2010 at 9:10 am

Oh, you’re going to love Sarasota. It’s my hometown. Go to Marina Jacks and walk around the park – it takes you in a loop around the marina and the bay. And take a picture in front of the famous kissing nurse and soldier right out front.

And don’t leave without going to Siesta. It’s gorgeous – one of the top ten beaches in the world. Sunday nights they have a drum circle, but if you’d prefer to get away from all the people, park at one of the beach accesses (they’re labeled and numbered).

Ali @ Food,Fitness, Fashion March 28, 2010 at 9:23 am

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I LOOOVE Caitlin’s Epic shirt! I need to make myself one too!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad March 28, 2010 at 9:47 am

I love your dress! It looks similar to the one you wore to the big blogger meet up (I loved that one too!).

So glad that two of my favorite bloggers are meeting. :-)

Karen March 28, 2010 at 10:08 am

Have fun in Sarasota! My grandpa lives there and I’ve been visiting every year or so for almost 20 years now! You should go to Siesta Key Beach – the sand is amazing!

::christine:: March 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

Snake name idea: “O”

for O-town :D

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 28, 2010 at 10:50 am

It looks like such fun!! And I LOVE that shirt, you should sell them!!!

Monica (Musings of the Granola Girl) March 28, 2010 at 11:20 am

looks like it was a great weekend!!

Eliana >^..^ March 28, 2010 at 11:34 am

I am so glad you had so much fun. I love the gingie from Shrek, he is the coolest and I am always trying to imitate his voice. :O)

I am eating a glo-bar as I type this, YUMMY.

Cant wait to hear about dinner, I want to go to that 7 course dinner when I go back to Orlando.

Hugs.

EaterNotARunner March 28, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Looks like so much fun! Too bad about the Lululemon outlet though :-(

Jil March 28, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Looks like an amazing day!! So jealous of the 79 degree weather!!! and that chocolate cherry smoothies sounds amaaazing.

Kelly March 28, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I love Universal. I want to go back soooo badly!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) March 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Did you see the under construction Harry Potter World? If you come to Tampa let me know!

Lauren March 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hi Angela,

I hope you both are having a great time on vacation. I wanted to say I tried the green monster for the FIRST TIME! Whoa it has changed my world. Honestly it used to weird me out when you post these but I’m a believer now. I use a T of almond butter in mine so maybe its why the tastes like a creamy shake?

Thanks again!
Lauren

Erin March 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I love the Mrs. Doubtfire voice! :)

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh I love the blue dress you are wearing! It’s so pretty on you!

hahaha I love the shirt you made Caitlin. Too cute!

LisaG March 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I’ll have to try Moe’s; we have two here and I’ve never been. Yawl (that’s how it’s said it the South!) are having fun, eh?

Lauren March 28, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Looks like youre having such a good time!

Kris March 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Glad you’ve had a great time in FL. Bummer about the Lululemon Outlet; I’ve been hoping to make the trek from Sarasota, but maybe not (did they only have large sizes?). Enjoy your time down here!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Looks like such a fantastic time. You gotta love Orlando.

Heather (runningwithsass.com) March 28, 2010 at 5:40 pm

looks like yall are having so much fun and had great weather!!!

Jolene March 28, 2010 at 8:42 pm

That is so cool that you two finally got to meet in person!!! How fun!!!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 29, 2010 at 8:27 am

“Not my buttons! Not my gumdrops buttons!”

haha

Melissa March 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm

What an awesome day! It’s been a long time since I’ve been to universal studeos so I’m sure its changed a lot. Thanks for sharing your picts:) 7-course vegan meal?? can I come please!