Do You Know The Cookie Monsta?

Good morning!

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic response to my Size Healthy Contest!!! Keep those amazing entries coming in. I can’t wait to do a big recap post of all the pictures. If you post about it on your blog and send me the link, I will link back to your website. :)

I was up at 5:30am this morning. I don’t know what has happened, but I am starting to find it easier (note: EASIER, not easy!) to get up very early. I think my body is finally adjusting to my new Early Rising Challenge. I get so much work done in the early morning, it has been really great for me. A big motivation for me has been some delicious things to eat in the morning. I am a girl motivated by my stomach! ;) You know the saying, ‘The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.’? Well, I say, ‘The way to a girl’s heart is through her stomach!’ Hrmph!

I finally got my Bone Marrow confirmation letter in the mail after two months. I thought they had lost my swab kit for a while there. [You can read all about my decision and inspiration to become a Bone Marrow Donor in this post.]

IMG_8374

I am really excited to know that I officially qualified for the Bone Marrow Network. I am nervous, but at the same time I am really hopeful that I will be able to help someone someday.

Speaking of which, I am going to donate blood today or tomorrow. This will be my second time donating blood. I have been ramping up my iron intake with iron rich foods all week.

I had a killer Green Monster this morning in preparation!

IMG_1153

That baby was GREEN!

Iron, Iron, Baby Green Monster

Ingredients:

• 5-6 cups organic baby spinach, steamed
  • 1 cup hemp milk
  • 1 scoop Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein powder
  • 1 scoot Amazing Grass wheatgrass powder
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 6 large ice cubes

I also took it with a Vitamin C to increase the iron absorption.

IMG_1159

Then I had a great RACE on Landy. Yesterday was a beautiful rest day from exercise so I was ready to run today.

Landy is what I call my treadmill, formerly known as the ‘running beast’ ;)

8km Race:

• Miles 1-2: 6.6 mph, incline 2%
  • Water station: 30 seconds
  • Miles 3-4: 6.6 mph, incline 2%
  • Water station: 1 minute
  • Mile 4- 4.97: 7.0-8.0 mph, incline 2%

Total time for the 8km race: 44 minutes and 56 seconds, not including 1.5 minutes for water stations ;)

IMG_8440

It was a very, very tough run. I felt amazing afterwards.

PS- I MIGHT have a little surprise up my sleeve this weekend…

My post-race celebration snack was my motivation…

IMG_1168

I made these cookies last night after seeing them on fat Free Vegan Kitchen. They are truly ‘keepers’!

IMG_1174

Are you a COOKIE MONSTA? I am!

IMG_1164

Nanners. One of the world’s most fabulous foods. Can you believe that Eric hates bananas?!

IMG_1182 IMG_1183

I didn’t mash my banana too much, so it left big chunks of banana in the cookie. It was BLISS.

IMG_1185

I had my post-race cookie slathered in heated up Artisana coconut butter. It really is like frosting, Kath!

IMG_1192   IMG_1187

I was sent this Green Pan to review and I tested it out with the cookies last night.

IMG_1143

Facts about the Green Pan:

IMG_8441

What did I think of the Green Pan?

• It worked great. The pan was excellent quality and I had no problems with it at all. I didn’t use any non-stick spray on the pan and the cookies came off easily with a spatula. The cookies all cooked evenly which was nice because I have had problems before with certain pans not cooking evenly- mainly that cookies on the edge burn. They all cooked perfectly this time. You can see the wide variety of Green Pan Products here. For info on where to buy them, see here.

Updates:

• See my first juice recipe over on Foodthinkers: Spiced Apple Pie.
  • I have a short blurb in Fitness Magazine’s March 2010 issue. I was interviewed for an article on over-training and I talked about the Superwoman Syndrome. I am going to contact the masthead to see if I am allowed to upload the article on OSG! It is a great article and I think it would be beneficial to so many women.

We’re having friends over for the hockey game tonight- can’t wait! :)

Enjoy your Thursday!!!

Angela_Signature

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 18, 2010

that’s so funny that Eric doesn’t like bananas…i don’t really love them either and i thought i was crazy or something! I’ll definitely be trying those cookies though…for some reason bananas in baked goods don’t bother me :)

I’m loving the contest by the way…every time i see my pants it makes me smile :)

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 18, 2010

You can also sub the banana for applesauce, says Susan :)

3 Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama February 18, 2010

Question: Why do you steam your greens before juicing them?

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 18, 2010
5 Estela @ Weekly Bite February 18, 2010

I love bananas!!! I don’t understand how someone can not like them. They make baked goods taste incredible!

And yes… I am a cookie monster :)

6 Elle @ Acquired Tastes February 18, 2010

Those cookies look so delicious!

You are so brave for giving blood (and bone marrow!) needles scare me to death – any tips on how to work up the courage to do it?

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 18, 2010

I am scared of needles, but I don’t have a big phobia or anything. I actually told myself to focus on how the machine worked when I was giving blood. I was looking around at the equipment, and this totally took my mind off it. Some places have TV’s too.

8 shalyn February 19, 2010

ummm – a bit unorthodox but hang out in an oncology ward for an afternoon…you’ll be running to donate after that!! thanks in advance!

9 Diana February 18, 2010

I can’t wait to see all of the Size Healthy entries! Also, Def going to pick up a copy of Fitness magazine when it comes out!

10 thedelishdish February 18, 2010

these cookies look awesome…and my nickname growing up used to be cookie monster so i think its only appropriate i make these this weekend!!

11 Shannon (The Daily Balance) February 18, 2010

these look fantastic, thanks for sharing! i like that you don’t mash the banana up all the way — those chunks of banana bliss sound delightful!

12 Lauren @ Eater not a runner February 18, 2010

Those cookies look great, and congrats on the article!

13 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 18, 2010

Banana and chocolate=a magical combo. Silly Eric!!

14 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 18, 2010

Those cookies sound awesome!! Kinda like super-charge me cookies with banana..
He doesn’t like bananas?! The horror!! ;)

15 Ashley February 18, 2010

I definitely posted my jeans on the blog today!! http://edibleperspective.com/?p=5512 Do you ever have to take a break from amazing grass + chia seeds? I have found that I have to lately..if you know what I mean..helllloooo fiber! lol

16 Angela (ohsheglows) February 18, 2010

I take breaks from KALE. That is all I will say :D

17 Ameena February 18, 2010

I’m kind of scared to admit this but I don’t like bananas either! I just can’t stand the mushiness. But the cookies definitely look delicious!

18 Angela (ohsheglows) February 18, 2010

Don’t be scurrred! ;) That is the same thing Eric says- they are mushy. He is a big texture person!

19 Christina February 18, 2010

It’s great you signed up as a bone marrow donor. I used to work in a laboratory that did the HLA genotyping to match donors and patients (my background is in molecular biology and genetics).

And WTG on getting a ‘blurb’ in Fitness magazine! What a great accomplishment!!!

20 Angela (ohsheglows) February 18, 2010

Do you happen to know what the stats are on the liklihood of getting selected? They don’t say anything about it on the website.

21 Christina February 18, 2010

Unfortunately I don’t know a statistic on the likelihood of being selected. It probably depends if you have common or rare HLA genotypes.

It is very difficult to find a perfect match. Most of the time it is a ‘compatible’ match, meaning some of the alleles are different, but can be compatible with each other (i.e. may not cause rejection). We used to genotype the HLA-A, B, C, DR, and DR52 loci as a standard. Each one of those loci have 2 alleles, meaning to be a perfect match all 10 alleles of the donor must match the patient. Each one of those alleles has many different possibilities w/ regards to the gene sequence (each one is numbered, i.e. *#). You can easily imagine how hard it is to find a perfect match. It’s hard to even find a compatible one!

22 *Andrea* February 18, 2010

i am a TOTAL cookie monster. i hate to bake though ughhh wish i enjoyed it because your cookies are prob a million times healthier than the choc chip cookie ones i get at my dining hall :-O

great run!!! so fast!

23 Marge February 18, 2010

Angela–you aren’t by chance anemic? Are you just very careful to get as much (and absorb as much) iron as possible?

I happen to be anemic and I was just curious! I like to see how others “cope” with the issue. I get my blood tested for it periodically but I pyhsically notice it mostly when I feel light headed, tired and my complexion teeters on the green side. Sorry if this is too much information!

24 Angela (ohsheglows) February 18, 2010

I was anemic at one point when I was struggling with disordered eating. My iron levels have been great though in the past several years. According to one nurse ‘my blood sank like an anchor weight’ lol

Meat sources of iron are absorbed the best, but to maximize plant sources take with a vitamin C as it helps with absorption.

25 AGS February 18, 2010

I had a period of anemia. I handled it by taking a Tablespoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses each day.

1 T blackstrap molasses = approximately 15% DV calcium and 15% DV iron, plus plenty of others (e.g., manganese).

I still use it some each week (on pancakes, in place of jam on toast, etc., in homemade baked beans). It’s a strong taste, but I like it quite a bit.

26 Sara @ ActiveGal February 18, 2010

Those cookies look delicious! I love changing my runs on the treadmills up. I usually try to add faster and slower sections in each run. It helps to break it up and not feel so monotonous!

27 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness February 18, 2010

Congrats on the article being published!
Those cookies look fantastic, I love the idea of the big chunks of banana. I will have to try out this recipe soon!
~Laura

28 Sarah February 18, 2010

I can believe Eric hates bananas because I do too! It’s such a drag because bananas are like, the vegan SUPERFOOD lol! And apparently a great vehicle for almond butter. Le sigh.

29 Carolyn February 18, 2010

I like bananas, but they can’t be too green or too ripe. It’s hard to eat a bunch when they hit the perfect flavor at the same time. Thanks to GMs, though, I’ve no longer been wasting them. I freeze them and use them in the smoothies. :)

30 Angela (ohsheglows) February 18, 2010

My new thing is freezing bananas…love it!

31 Maureen February 18, 2010

Carolyn,
I know what you mean too green there a little bitter too ripe they are too sweet. I usually get 2 that are just perfect from the bunch. Then I either cut them up and put them in oatmeal or freeze for smooties or baking.

32 Carolyn February 19, 2010

The first time I froze a banana, I left the peel on. That didn’t end well. LOL Doh!

33 Jocelyn February 18, 2010

mmm those cookies look really good Angela!

That’s exciting you got your bone marrow stuff back :) Exciting news!

34 RawSierra February 18, 2010

Eric is soooo right on! I have hated bananas since I was born! Since going Raw/Vegan three months ago I have had to MAKE myself like bananas. I am not totally there yet. Why do I hate one of the most popular fruits in the world! IDK!

Hey Angela, by the way, I made your Jiffy Spelt Veggie Burgers (I subbed Oat flour for spelt) and they were heavenly! I am putting some cooked food back into my raw diet – just want to say thanks for that yummy recipe!

35 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 18, 2010

Congrats on the Bone Marrow confirmation. So exciting! That’s such a selfless thing to do :)
NICE run! That’s supah fast! Especially for just getting back into it.
Those cookies look bomb. Def gonna have to try those out.

36 Corinne February 18, 2010

Totally on the kale chips bandwagon, and frozen bananas!!! Can’t get enough!!

OK, get ready to LOVE your green pans – the BF and I have been using them for more than a year. We bought them on sale before Linens and Things went under, and oh my, we are kicking ourselves for not buying more of the sets…LOVE THEM!! ENJOY!

37 Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel February 18, 2010

Congrats on the article!

Those cookies look great and I didn’t know there was anybody out there who didn’t like bananas!

I don’t know how you find time to do everything you do..bake for work..bake for fun…clean…paperwork…read blogs…blog…emails…exercise…cook for real meals…plan vacations…watch tv…hang out with the husband…and more!

You truly are superwoman!

I am envious of your time management skills (in a good way of course)…it is a miracle that I get a few blog posts out a week, get dinner on the table, get my kids to school in clean clothes, and get JOB work done! If only there was something I could eat to help my deficiency there!!!

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 18, 2010

you had me at ‘kids’

Seriousy, I envy you being able to do all of that with CHILDREN! That is a 24/7 job on its own.

39 amy February 18, 2010

Hi Angela,

Lately I’ve been wanting to experiment with miso. It seems to have so many health benefits, especially for vegans. Do you ever use it much? Any favorite recipes?

Have a great day!

40 Jenn @ Livewellfit February 18, 2010

I’m so glad that the size healthy challenge is exploding! Such a cool movement.

I just completed my workout and literally the ONLY thing that got me through the hour was focusing on the incredible green monster I was going to make!!!! Full of bananas and peanut butter. :) And now…I’m enjoying the fruits of my labor!

41 Melissa February 18, 2010

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for joining The Bone Marrow Network!!! I have leukemia and even though the treatment I am on right now is working well there is a still a chance I might need a bone marrow/stem cell transplant in the future. So thank you again! :)

42 shalyn February 19, 2010

hey Melissa! Just posted myself – what kind of leukemia? My husband has CML and on treatment as well (with cml – its sort of a neverending thing …well until we get a cure) Nice to see your post …

43 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) February 18, 2010

Those cookies look amazing! Congrats on getting your letter, that is a truly wonderful thing to do!

xo
K

44 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 18, 2010

OH YUM. I love oatmeal cookies (just about any cookie really). These sound so good. Wish you could just email one to me! ;-)

45 Heather February 18, 2010

those cookies look so good! great job on the run!

46 Allison February 18, 2010

that green monster looks so tasty, I kind of fell of the GM wagon, I really should get back on it! I want to donate blood so bad, but my iron is always way low..

47 shalyn February 19, 2010

flora-dix is an awesome natural iron supplement!

48 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin February 18, 2010

I’m totally a cookie monsta! I could eat them all day, every day! Fortunately, I don’t. I agree, the way to my heart is definitely through my stomach!! ;)

I’m so impressed that you are donating blood and, potentially, bone marrow! I can’t donate blood– I literally faint every time I get blood drawn! They’re not allowed to take it while I’m unconscious, so it becomes quite the problem…

49 Jil February 18, 2010

Ahh those cookies sound amaaaazing. C IS for cookies…and cookies ARE for me!!! hahaha The pictures are gorgeous — love the use of your yoga mat as a background; it really sets off the food1

50 Angela February 18, 2010

I used to hate bananas too! Now I can’t live with out them! One day I just decided to eat one to see if I still hated them and I’ve been eating them every since!

51 Megan February 18, 2010

I really want to try out those cookies!! Loving green monsters too :D I feel super powerful when I add chia seeds…

52 Gina February 18, 2010

I made those cookies last night from the fatfreevegan website. I left out the raisins so my husband would eat them. Anyway, they were AMAZING!! I can’t believe they are fat free and vegan! I am new to vegan recipes and am impressed with some that I have made.

53 Adam February 18, 2010

Wow, those cookies look out of this world!!!

54 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 18, 2010

Great work on the run- you rock girl! And those cookies look oh so good :)

55 AGS February 18, 2010

Unfortunately, I can’t give blood for another 5-6 years. Been too many places in the world. . .

56 Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 18, 2010

Those cookies look great!

My husband likes bananas but he hates them cooked in certain things. He loves banana bread, but hates banana pancakes (something I love!).

Good run this morning! Some days are easier than others to get up and workout – I agree. At least you’re getting the hang of it!

K

57 Lauren February 18, 2010

I really like the idea of approaching every run like a race. A girl’s gotta keep herself motivated!

58 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ February 18, 2010

Ever since I found the fat free vegan site I am a fan also. Her baked stuff looked so good, and it’s always super health which I like even more.

59 skinnyrunner February 18, 2010

i love anything banana, esp banana laffy taffys!

60 Kate February 19, 2010

OMG banana laffy taffys are the BOMB! No one else I know likes them which means MORE FOR ME! Woot woot!

61 Cole February 18, 2010

Bananas truly are amazing. I’d have such a hard time living without them!

62 Leena February 18, 2010

those cookies look amazing – especially with the “frosting”!!! i’m definitely saving the recipe!
and how can you hate bananas?! i love them so much… i could not live without them!
congrats on the bone marrow too! i really think it’s great that you did that, along with giving blood. it always feels good knowing that maybe, because of you, someone’s life could be saved.

63 Gracie @ Girl Meets Health February 18, 2010

Those cookies look BANGIN’. I love cookies with lots of chunks ;)

64 Kath February 18, 2010

Lurve frosting!!!

65 Pure2raw twins February 18, 2010

Thanks for the review on the green pan. I love finding new green products.

Isn’t coconut butter the best? Luv it!

66 Cassandra February 18, 2010

I think I’m going to have to try that green monster drink, does it taste grainy?

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 19, 2010

Grainy…not really ‘grainy’
more like thick…also don’t use kale to start off with unless you have a super duper vitamix or blendtec because it will be chewy. Start with spinach for a smooth green monster! :)

68 Jolene February 18, 2010

That is one GREEN green monster!!!

I have heard that giving bone marrow is extremely painful – have you heard this? I hope it is not, for you sake!!

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 19, 2010

I have heard that it varies for the person. I am willing to go through pain if it mans saving a life. I think that would be the best feeling in the world.

70 shalyn February 19, 2010

Congrats on becoming part of the registry…it makes me smile when people sign up. My husband has had leukemia for 3 years and its so good to know if he goes for bone marrow transplant – there is good folks like you who could donate him marrow (all the more reason to be healthy!!)

Regarding your chances of people called on for marrow – it really depends on your HLA type – if you have a rare genetic makeup or are in a minority group – you may be chosen quickly..I have been on the list for over 3 years and nothing! I have considered becoming a living kidney donor..or partial liver donor…once my kids are a bit older I think.

71 shalyn February 19, 2010

Jolene – you are put under for the procedure…please remember the person who you are donating to had many procedures like regular bone marrow biopsies , constant blood donation, crazy meds & multiple side effects from mouth sores to massive weight loss. Its such a blessing to receive donor marrow – and the reward for saving someone’s life is an amazing blessing you the donor.

72 pam landy February 19, 2010

I was so confused when I read you had a great RACE on Landy. Not used to seeing my last name in people’s blogs! Before I read the next line, I was trying to figure out what that meant, if it was a reference to 24 or some joke I should have gotten. I am obviously tired since I thought about it for a couple minutes before reading on!
PS. I thought 24 was amazing. What did you think? How does Jack do it???

73 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 19, 2010

Jack is not human. There I said it. :)

I had to look away during the torture!

74 pam landy February 20, 2010

He really isn’t. So did I! But then I almost missed his move with his bare feet because I had my eyes covered, so I had to rewind the tivo and actually watch that part :)

75 Emmanuelle February 19, 2010

Oh these cookies look delicious! Another recipe on my to-do list, I have to take some time off my job to cook and bake if I want to go through the whole list ;-)
Regarding bananas, it’s funny because I also used to hate them. Couldn’t stand them. But then last year I don’t know what happened, I had a bite of dried banana and found out that well finally bananas were not bad at all. Since then I have one like everyday :-D

76 Michal February 19, 2010

Those cookies look delicious!

77 roya February 19, 2010

I’m sorry but the type A person in me has to ask…why did you stop your run when you did. why not run til 5 miles or til 45 min? You were so close to even numbers!

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 19, 2010

hahahah ;) Because 4.97 mi = 8km :)

79 Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind February 19, 2010

OMG Angela, food DEF motivates me to get up early! The first thought I have (after I say my prayers – I say them in the morning b/c I fall asleep during them if I say them at night) is ‘Coffee & oatmeal – YUM!’ :)

Oh, and those cookies look bomb! Inspired me to make my own version w/fruit I need to use up (seriously, I just added “Banana-Blueberry Cookies” to my To Do List)!

80 Jenny February 19, 2010

Congrats on your Bone Marrow Donation confirmation! I just wanted to say that I think it is so wonderful that someone like you–who KNOWS how to be the healthiest she can be and takes such amazing care of her body–is able and willing to contribute to the lives and health of others. It’s great Angela :)

81 Sophie @ yumventures February 19, 2010

I hated bananas for years, and now I eat one almost every day! I think the key is to eat it at perfect ripeness…if it gets a little over-ripe, its too banana-y for me. Those cookies look awesome!

82 Amanda February 19, 2010

I just had to say that I have been a “blog stalker” for a while now and was inspired to try a “green monster”. I put 2 cups of raw spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, and 1 cup almond milk (and some ice). LOVED it! It will be a staple in my diet now. Thanks for your blog!

83 Miriam February 19, 2010

I am a cookie monster as well. And I collect all yummy looking & hearty recipes I can find (I had this one already from Fat free vegan :)). By the way, I’ve got my very FIRST (and not the last!) supply of GLOW BARS yesterday! Awesome, I just can’t believe I’ve waited that long to get some!! Can’t wait to eat the one I bring with my lunch! ;)

I have to put a word about binge eating. Because I tend to go overboard with cookies & baked goods, I prefer buying bars & cookies that are wrapped versus making them myself. Because the portion are wrapped I’m not tented as much to eat more than a portion size at a time. I like cooking cookies but one batch rarely last more than 2 days… and I’m the only one eating them. Like I will eat cookies for breakfast, cookies for lunch, cookies for dinner… well you get it! However, it is hard to find interesting (means healthy, homemade taste, selective ingredients, decent price) wrapped goods, but now I’ve find it : GLOW BARS!! :)

84 Fit Lizzio February 19, 2010

oh my gosh! so i was just watching saved by the bell the college years…and i’m not sure if you ever watched that show, but one of the roommates Leslie looks JUST like you!!

85 cat February 19, 2010

I just tried my first green monster as well: frozen organic spinach, organic baby carrots, a whole homegrown orange, 1/2 banana, fresh blueberries and a few frozen mango chunks. Aside from the slight spinach-y flavor and pond sludge-y appearance, it’s not so bad!

I’m new to your blog and love it! You’re a great motivator to eat more healthfully and exercise on a regular basis. (and um…to buy Lululemon clothes.)

I found a great recipe for whole wheat naan/pita bread, if you’re interested. It’s super easy, not too time-consuming and healthy and delicious!

86 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty February 19, 2010

Good morning!! You got an award on my blog this morning!! :)

87 Danica February 19, 2010

Congrats on being accepted into the bone marrow program ~ awesome!

WTG on your run and the cookies would totally be my motivation…they look awesome! I LOVE the concept of apricot and banana as a combo – YUM!

Have fun tonight and have a great weekend,

Danica

88 Nicole, RD February 19, 2010

Those cookies look fantastic! And yes, an awesome workout indeed!

89 Brooke February 19, 2010

Angela,

Thank-you so much for the scrumptious cookie recipe! I made a batch last night and they definitely tickled my tastebuds!

90 Sophicita February 19, 2010

God those cookies sound great! I was actually looking for an egg-free cookie recipe. Busy packing together my apartment at the moment, and so I am trying to clear my pantry and eat up what I have (less to move that way) and I have plenty of flours, sugars etc. but no eggs so this might be great!

Btw, I never realized you manage to wake up without an alarm-clock. Super impressive. I managed to do that for about 3 months when I didnt have an alarmclock (and for whatever silly reason refused to invest in one) … but since then, I can’t wake up on time without one (though I seem to have a decent inner snooze button – however tired I am, if I need to go to work I wake up in 5min. intervals to check the time!).

Hope all is well! Glad the website is up and running again – I missed checking in every day!

x Sophicita

91 Catherine February 19, 2010

That’s so great about deciding to be a bone marrow donor! I signed up last year and actually got a call saying I was a match, but then the day before I was set to come in something happened and they said they didn’t need me anymore. It made me sad because I wanted to help and I REALLY hope it wasn’t for a bad reason they didn’t need me anymore – hopefully a family member stepped up instead. Those vegan cookies sound soo good! :)

92 Babs February 19, 2010

Angela,

I love you and hate you right now . . . haha. The cookie monster post made me try another one of your cookie creations–the no-bake choc/peanut butter ones. WOW! I loved them, which is why I love you :) However, now I have to go run it off before it sticks to my bum, which why I less than love you ;) Seriously addictive. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations and modifications

93 Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place February 19, 2010

he doesn’t like bananas?! crazy! maybe it’s the texture, I’ve heard of that before.

I tried baking a new vegan cookie today, too! loved it.

94 Janet February 19, 2010

after reading this post i thought to myself: WHYYY DID I GIVE UP COOKIES FOR LENT!!!!

haha they look AMAZING! maybe ill try them for easter!

95 Jennifer February 20, 2010

These cookies are to-die-for!!! I made a few substitutions (craisins rather than raisins or apricots and agave rather than maple syrup) and my husband and I cannot stop eating them!!!! Thanx for sharing! I have been successful with your Power Flax Muffins ~ we LOVE them, too!!

96 kerlynp February 21, 2010

I don’t often eat cookies but prefer home baked when I do. This sounds delicious. Thanks

97 Mara February 21, 2010

Wow, inspiring! Great recipe.

98 Gloria February 21, 2010

it’s ok, i’m totally addicted to Susan’s recipes too! I made her mini crustless tofu quiches for the thousandth time yesterday. Mmm so good, they were gone in no time :)

99 Becca February 21, 2010

Banana Apricot Oatmeal Cookies, yum.
Can’t wait to make some.
I love anything with bananas.
Thx for the recipie

100 Pat February 21, 2010

Many of those items you speak of I have never heard of I must go looking for them, I cant wait to make the cookis I wish I could print the recipe though.
I have no idea how I landed here but I am glad I did.

101 Caroline February 23, 2010

I can’t wait to try out that cookie recipe. I found I already have most of the ingredients.

102 Jessica July 19, 2010

Hi Angela!
I made these last night… and ohmygoodness! They made me realize than it really IS possible to eat healthy AND bake! My husband even agreed to be the first taste tester (I wanted to see what he thought before I tried them myself hehe), and he said they were good! And he’s got a sweet tooth like you wouldn’t believe haha.
So I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your recipes! I can’t wait to try more!!
– Jessica

103 Brenda July 20, 2010

Angela!

I just bought coconut butter the other day, but it is solid!! I tried heating it, and it turned into oil! How to you get it to be in the icing-like consistency??? pleasee let me know!!

104 Linda July 5, 2015

Hello,

I just made these cookies. They had a terrible texture to them, and the flavour was very bland. Won’t be making these again.