FAQ Installment 34

Hey guys!

Hope you are having a great day. I am currently watching the Men’s Olympic Hockey right now, while blogging. I’m a crazy multi-tasker like that.

Today on Twitter, I posted a link to an anonymous form where you could ask me anything, anonymously. Why would I subject myself to such a thing? Well, for one, I received an email from a long-time reader hinting that I hadn’t done a FAQ post in a dog’s age (which is true!! oops). Secondly, I saw the Ask Anything on many blogs and I thought it was pretty fun to read.

Here are a few of the anonymous questions that I received today. Please note I am leaving out the questions I have answered in FAQ’s previously.

Here we go!

Missed installments 1-33?

264. Have you lost any friends because of your healthy lifestyle? If you could go back, is there any way you could have saved that friendship knowing what you know now?

Nope, thankfully. When I was struggling with an ED, I did however.

265. Since becoming a vegan, do you ever crave meat? How do you combat it?

I think it has been over 6 months since I have truly wanted meat. I used to combat the cravings with fake meats, but now I don’t need to. I do occasionally crave cheese though. Eric had me try a piece of cheese last week and I was surprised to find that I actually didn’t enjoy the taste much anymore. I think that our palates change based on what we eat.

My biggest cravings now are things like coconut butter, nut butter, green monsters/fresh juices, HUMMUS (I need to buy stocks in Fontaine Santé), dark chocolate, glo bars, oatmeal, dried apricots, dried cherries, bread. I go through spurts with what I crave…it changes by the week!

266. What’s your biggest fear?

That I am not living my life to the fullest.

267. It seems to us readers like you are the dominant person in your relationship. Would you agree with that?

We have an equal partnership. When we disagree we always find a middle ground.

268. I’ve tried having green monsters for breakfast but they always make me nauseous. Has this ever happened to you?

Possibly after a night of consuming too much alcohol. ;) I’m not sure why this would happen to you- anyone else out there experience this? Maybe it is due to how visually unappealing they are- close your eyes? ;)

269. Does your husband ever mention that he misses it when you weren’t Vegan or does he like your lifestyle better now as a Vegan?

I just asked him and this is what he said: ‘I don’t miss it because I can still eat meat when I want to.’

Basically he said vegan or not, he doesn’t really care too much!

270. Which bloggers are you jealous of? Which ones tick you off?

Come on now.

271. You talk a lot about natural beauty. How do you think highlighting/dying your hair falls into that?

It doesn’t…and I’m ok with that. Gotta have some fun!

272. Sketchie is so adorable! Do you think he’ll be good with kids?

Thank you. He loves kids!

What is your favorite color?

Light blue and pink. Pink a bit more because I want a baby girl. :)

273. It doesn’t seem as if you attend church regularly. Are you a member of a church? Why or why not?

I don’t speak about my religion or spirituality on the blog.

274. Do you ever feel selfish for waiting so long to have children?

So long?! What am I, an 80 year old? haha. Sheesh. We have only been married a year and a few months. For one, I don’t think it is selfish to not to have kids. Secondly, I don’t think it is selfish to wait to have kids until you are ready. I am only 26 and am still establishing my career and place in this world.

275. Do you feel guilty on days you don’t work out? It seems like you work out a lot.

No I don’t feel guilty on days that I don’t workout. I used to in the past, but I am way easier on myself in recent years. I’ve had some life lessons recently that have taught me to love myself and to treat myself well. Hating on myself gets me no where. Working out makes me feel awesome, but I realize that my body needs rest too.

what size are you?

Size…HEALTHY! That is what the tag should read anyways. Numbers suck.

276. What does your wedding ring look like?? What is your favorite grocery store?? When you go grocery shopping, do you make a list or just walk in and buy stuff??

There might be a picture of my wedding ring on my wedding page…I can’t remember. I enjoy Whole Foods, but I don’t live near one so I don’t go more than once every few months. I don’t make a list, I just wing it most of the time.

277. When is your birthday? What do you like about having your Glo Bakery? Are there any hatha yoga DVD you would suggest I get…I am a Level 1 or 2 Love your tweets/blog and bars!

May 16th. Taurus. I love the freedom that owning my own business gives me. I love the creative aspect of it the most. I always felt so confined creatively in previous jobs. Sorry no DVD’s to suggest- anyone else?

278. Have you stopped dying your hair blonde? I think you should go full out – it would look great on you!

Thank you. I get highlights about 4 times a year, although I am considering just getting full colour because root touch ups are cheaper than highlights.

279. What does the husband do?

He doesn’t feel comfortable discussing his job on the internet. My lips are sealed!

280. Green Monsters Or fresh juices?

Don’t make me! That is like choosing between your two children.

281. Which fashion designer would you want to dress you?

Nicole Miller in a heartbeat.

282. i’ve been to a bunch of blogger meet ups and it seems like we always end up talking about you!!! I’m not sure why, but we talk about how INTENSE you are with everything you do! You just seem so hardcore about everything you do! Calm down!!!!

I don’t want to calm down, but maybe you need to? I like who I am! I’ve never been called intense or hardcore before but I kind of like it. :mrgreen:

283. You’re least and most favourite exercise?

Least- recumbent bike (like watching paint dry to me haha)

Most- Snowboarding, running, walking around as a tourist on vacation :)

284. Where’s one place in the world you still want to go?

I want to go to a developing country to volunteer. Hopefully in 2010 or 2011.

285. Do you really want kids?

More than anything.

286. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I know you aren’t interested in numbers on the scale but do you have a specific number which you would like to keep under forever?

I’m 5’5 and I don’t know my weight. I go by how my clothes fit and it surprisingly works well. They start to get tight and I reel in the party in my mouth a little bit. :)

~~~

I better get back to our cheering squad now. It’s currently 3-0 for Canada right now…woot!

Have a great night!

Angela Signature thumb21   FAQ Installment 34

Jenn @ Livewellfit February 16, 2010

There are some really awesome Q&A’s going on in this blog world right now!! I love it! I also despise the recumbent bike. :)

Jenn @ Livewellfit February 16, 2010

Oops… accidentally hit send!

It’s so funny you mentioned not feeling guilty about working out anymore. I used to feel tremendously guilty.

I recently created a 30 day workout challenge for myself purely for FUN! Two years ago if I had done this and missed a workout, it would have been the end of the challenge and I would be a failure. Oh the journey to health…how difficult it can be! Now…my workouts are so much fun and such a party for me that I look forward to them and could care less about guilt! It took me so long to get here but I finally have arrived!

Jacquie February 16, 2010

oh my god! I loved your answer to the question about your size. Size healthy! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Amy February 16, 2010

Loved your reply about the kids. I’ve been told recently that I’m selfish for not having children yet.

Ummm, hello… I’ve been married for just over 2 years, I’m only 29 and the big part is, I’m NOT ready yet.

I got your back on this one!

Joanna February 17, 2010

I don’t even understand the concept of being “selfish” by NOT having kids… Selfish to whom? Surely having kids and then not being able to devote enough emotional or physical energy to them would be more selfish. Not to mention that children are pretty much huge carbon consumers, so you could argue that not having children is about the least selfish option in terms or reducing our impact on the earth’s resources. … Only an individual (or a couple) can know when and if they’re ready …

A February 16, 2010

My gosh, I know it’s “ask anything”, but some of those questions were pretty rude or at least passive aggressive. I can’t even imagine the questions that you *didn’t* post!
You are the sweetest, and I wish all the best things for you.

Kate February 17, 2010

I completely agree! I was blown away by some of the rudeness of these questions!! Some of them were way too personal! I also agree that you are the sweetest, Angela! :)

Dani February 17, 2010

I was thinking the same thing! Geez… great post, though!

P.S. I LOVE your intensity! ;)

elliebelle February 17, 2010

I too was surprised by many of the questions! You are brave to be so out there with everything in your life. I’m shocked people push for more info. Thanks for always writing great posts!

suz August 3, 2010

OMG ITA! <- lol @myself (I don't usually comment much… truly an inside joke)

I just read this FAQ list for the 1st time & was thinking the very same thought! Thank you for standing up and saying this – I was feeling a bit awkward reading some of them.

Kathryn September 7, 2010

Me too?!? Crazy questions going on up there but Angela answered them beautifully!

Dotsie February 16, 2010

My freaking GOODNESS–Love your answer to the “waiting so long to have babies.” Seriously, WTF?!?! 26 is not old, nor too late to have babies. Perhaps earlier than 26 is TOO YOUNG. Whatev.

:-D you rock!

Oh, and your “intensity” INSPIRES ME–you’re a smart-working woman well on her way to success. You’re right; I would love to be hardcore in the road to success ;-) hehe!

Salina February 17, 2010

Here here!!! I totally agree!! It’s your “intensity” and “hardcoreness” that draws be back to reading your blog everyday!! I love it!

I think that only downside is that I compare alot of blogs to yours, and while all the ones I ready are awesome, they’re just not Oh She Glows… (but that’s my problem, lol)

Thanks for being you.

Diana February 16, 2010

wow! you handled a few of those questions incredibly well! good for you!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 16, 2010

Great, honest answers. I would have to agree though, you’re a little more intense than most.

Molly @thevegandorm February 16, 2010

Whoa – some of those questions were rough and, honestly, kind of mean! I hope you know that the vast majority of your readers love you for you! (And you are hardcore – but in a good way!)

Ashley February 16, 2010

[from #282] Girl, you are so hardcore, but in a good way!!! When I read your posts, I am always thinking “how does she do it all????” Inspiring!!! :)

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 16, 2010

At the CO meetup this weekend we were talking about how amazing it is you do all that you do …and you do it so well!

Kristen February 16, 2010

Oh man, now I feel ancient for being 29 and not having kids ;-)

Kimberly February 16, 2010

Ha, ha… I’m glad that you answered those questions. I think you are so inspiring BECAUSE you have found things in life that you are passionate about. If that makes you intense and hardcore so be it; we should all be so lucky! I think you have a very compassionate side that you show yourself and others. As women we should be celebrating, not criticizing, your love of your work and health!

Have you picked out any novels to read? I would love to hear about your selections and what you think of them!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 16, 2010

I am going to start reading time travelers wife soon…cant wait

Patrice February 16, 2010

If by ‘hardcore/intense’ they meant ‘inspiring/good example’… aye yae yae

Elizabeth February 16, 2010

Hi Angela! I just read your Q&A answers and I want you to know that you are so INCREDIBLY inspiring to me! I just started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and since then I have gotten back into making green smoothies and I started the Whittle My Middle challenge! I am sure you already know this (because you remind me of this!) but you are fabulous just the way you are–dedicated and excited about living life. Thank you for all that you do! :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 16, 2010

Thank you so much for sharing! I saw on twitter that you stopped the ask me anything because of rude questions… so sorry about that :( People are lame sometimes.

Jil February 16, 2010

Great answers…even to people who take advantage of the whole “anon” thing and ask/say rude things. I go through craving spurts, too. One week it can be one (or many) things the next — something completely different!

Kristie February 16, 2010

You handled those questions really well. I’d say that showcases just how “hardcore” you are in the best of ways. Keep up all of this great inspiration of yours!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad February 16, 2010

I know what he/she means about green monster nausea! Usually I love them! But many mornings, I simply can’t fathom drinking one. It’s not the looks for me. Maybe I just get tired of the same thing? Plus, it’s easy to go crazy with new ingredients and create a new concoction that doesn’t taste so good. When they’re bad…they’re BAD. After I drink a bad one, I need a few days off!

Angela (ohsheglows) February 16, 2010

Yes when they are BAD, they are BAD http://ohsheglows.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/IMG_1665.jpg haha

Cynthia (It All Changes) February 16, 2010

I agree that tastes change so much. I go through spurts of what I crave. Right now I want something sweet and not too much meat.

Darryn (brio.gusto) February 16, 2010

Wow – I can’t *believe* the audacity of some of those questions! Geez! Let the girl lead a *somewhat* private life!

But, you answered them all very, very well.

BTW, I don’t find you intense/hardcore at all. I think we’re similar – go strong or go home! ;)

Lauren February 16, 2010

Why am I so obsessed with reading Q & As. Way to get sassy with a few of those people, anonymity gives people courage!

Ariane February 16, 2010

i’m glad you still did the Q&A even though some were kinda rude… you really don’t come off as intense or like you dominate your husband at all! i’m sure you don’t let the meanies get to you, but just so you know we read your blog because you’re an inspiration and motivation :)

Liz February 16, 2010

OK, some of those questions were really rude, and I think if I were you my feelings would be hurt. . .but you handled it perfectly. Especially the one that basically says “EVERYONE gossips about how INTENSE you are…” – that person is obviously just jealous. Seriously, I am angry on your behalf!

Colleen February 17, 2010

I have to agree – gosh, sometimes people can be so catty! You handled these questions with grace Angela – you’re the best! I’ve said it before, you can tell that you really strive to help people, and you are so passionate it’s infectious! I hardly think you need to calm down. Just pure jealousy from the person who asked the question.

Veronica February 16, 2010

There is nothing wrong with being INTENSE :) More power to ya girl!

Intense, emotional, and powerful women leave a mark in the world. Good for you (and every other woman whose been told she’s “too intense” or “too emotional”)!!!

Aneta February 16, 2010

Great post!!!!
love ur blog.

and its 7 – 0 for canada now! wooohooo! Go Canada Go!

Audrey February 16, 2010

I love your FAQs. :D It is so great that your husband is supportive of your choice to eat vegan. I like his attitude towards it–it doesn’t really matter. I also love your intensity…it’s what keeps me coming back to your blog! :)

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) February 16, 2010

Oh my, you got some doozies! Love this.

Krista February 16, 2010

I really don’t understand that question about your being the dominant partner in the relationship. You and Eric (or at least what I read on the blog) seem to have very loving relationship and seem to respect each other very much. I think its great that he’s so supportive of you, as I’m sure you are of him!

I don’t think I’d have the guts to do an “ask me anything”. people are RUDE!!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 16, 2010

I’m graduating college on your birthday :)

Kris February 16, 2010

It is so sad that jealousy gets the best of some people and causes them to put down others in hope to makes themselves feel better.

I think we all agree that your passion for life and intensity in all you do, is what makes you SUCCESSFUL and BRILLIANT and ADDICTIVE….otherwise we wouldn’t be reading :) It is refreshing to see someone who knows what they want out of their own life, regardless of another person’s scrutiny.

Keep on chugging….you are an inspiration to so many!

I am sure most of the Debbie Downers out there would NEVER have the balls to say those things to your face! ;)

Jaime February 16, 2010

LOVE size healthy. Good answer.

Man, if you have waited too long to have kids then I’m ancient and incredibly selfish apparently. I’m 34!

Melissa February 16, 2010

Angela, you’re awesome. Best line ever “I don’t want to calm down, but maybe you need to?” I never really comment, but I love love love reading your blog. Keep being you :) And my birthday is May 16 too! I love the date! I think it just looks pretty haha

Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex February 16, 2010

Angela, I love your comment about Size HEALTHY! I don’t really care what size I am as long as I’m healthy and my body can do the things I want it to do. :) Smaller isn’t always better.

Amy A. February 16, 2010

Oooo me and you *almost* have the same b-day…I’m May 17! Though I’m older ;) I love all your answers and I’m really surprised by some of these questions – thankfully you are a classy woman that knows how to handle situations like this. I also saw your tweet about someone asking about your sex life. Seriously people!? Ok, I’d better step off the soap box. Keep your chin up girlie, you are wonderful…and we all know it! :)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

I can’t ever think of any questions for all these ‘ask me anything’ blogs. haha. And damn, some of the questions are scary. you’re brave

Morgan February 16, 2010

I’m a May baby too! The 12th!
I feel the same way about kids. There’s no rush, but I want them ASAP!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

And I never got the vibe that you’re “intense”? wth?? you’re so passionate and positive. people obviously do not read your blog

melissa (fitnessnyc) February 16, 2010

developing country?

Danielle February 16, 2010

Your amazing character shines through in your answers to these, especially the tough ones! And sheesh, if you are selfish for not having kids yet then I must be super selfish as I am 32! Love your blog and appreciate all you share!

Run Sarah February 16, 2010

Some of those questions are ridiculously rude…but your positive attitude shines through! And since when is 26 late to have kids?! LOL!

Ameena February 16, 2010

Great answers! Even to questions that are rather strange. You are nice to answer them anyway!

My God if you are old at 26 then I’m probably going to be looking into buying a walker soon!

Page 1 of 41234»