FAQ Installment 34

Hey guys!

Hope you are having a great day. I am currently watching the Men’s Olympic Hockey right now, while blogging. I’m a crazy multi-tasker like that.

Today on Twitter, I posted a link to an anonymous form where you could ask me anything, anonymously. Why would I subject myself to such a thing? Well, for one, I received an email from a long-time reader hinting that I hadn’t done a FAQ post in a dog’s age (which is true!! oops). Secondly, I saw the Ask Anything on many blogs and I thought it was pretty fun to read.

Here are a few of the anonymous questions that I received today. Please note I am leaving out the questions I have answered in FAQ’s previously.

Here we go!

Missed installments 1-33?

264. Have you lost any friends because of your healthy lifestyle? If you could go back, is there any way you could have saved that friendship knowing what you know now?

Nope, thankfully. When I was struggling with an ED, I did however.

265. Since becoming a vegan, do you ever crave meat? How do you combat it?

I think it has been over 6 months since I have truly wanted meat. I used to combat the cravings with fake meats, but now I don’t need to. I do occasionally crave cheese though. Eric had me try a piece of cheese last week and I was surprised to find that I actually didn’t enjoy the taste much anymore. I think that our palates change based on what we eat.

My biggest cravings now are things like coconut butter, nut butter, green monsters/fresh juices, HUMMUS (I need to buy stocks in Fontaine Santé), dark chocolate, glo bars, oatmeal, dried apricots, dried cherries, bread. I go through spurts with what I crave…it changes by the week!

266. What’s your biggest fear?

That I am not living my life to the fullest.

267. It seems to us readers like you are the dominant person in your relationship. Would you agree with that?

We have an equal partnership. When we disagree we always find a middle ground.

268. I’ve tried having green monsters for breakfast but they always make me nauseous. Has this ever happened to you?

Possibly after a night of consuming too much alcohol. ;) I’m not sure why this would happen to you- anyone else out there experience this? Maybe it is due to how visually unappealing they are- close your eyes? ;)

269. Does your husband ever mention that he misses it when you weren’t Vegan or does he like your lifestyle better now as a Vegan?

I just asked him and this is what he said: ‘I don’t miss it because I can still eat meat when I want to.’

Basically he said vegan or not, he doesn’t really care too much!

270. Which bloggers are you jealous of? Which ones tick you off?

Come on now.

271. You talk a lot about natural beauty. How do you think highlighting/dying your hair falls into that?

It doesn’t…and I’m ok with that. Gotta have some fun!

272. Sketchie is so adorable! Do you think he’ll be good with kids?

Thank you. He loves kids!

What is your favorite color?

Light blue and pink. Pink a bit more because I want a baby girl. :)

273. It doesn’t seem as if you attend church regularly. Are you a member of a church? Why or why not?

I don’t speak about my religion or spirituality on the blog.

274. Do you ever feel selfish for waiting so long to have children?

So long?! What am I, an 80 year old? haha. Sheesh. We have only been married a year and a few months. For one, I don’t think it is selfish to not to have kids. Secondly, I don’t think it is selfish to wait to have kids until you are ready. I am only 26 and am still establishing my career and place in this world.

275. Do you feel guilty on days you don’t work out? It seems like you work out a lot.

No I don’t feel guilty on days that I don’t workout. I used to in the past, but I am way easier on myself in recent years. I’ve had some life lessons recently that have taught me to love myself and to treat myself well. Hating on myself gets me no where. Working out makes me feel awesome, but I realize that my body needs rest too.

what size are you?

Size…HEALTHY! That is what the tag should read anyways. Numbers suck.

276. What does your wedding ring look like?? What is your favorite grocery store?? When you go grocery shopping, do you make a list or just walk in and buy stuff??

There might be a picture of my wedding ring on my wedding page…I can’t remember. I enjoy Whole Foods, but I don’t live near one so I don’t go more than once every few months. I don’t make a list, I just wing it most of the time.

277. When is your birthday? What do you like about having your Glo Bakery? Are there any hatha yoga DVD you would suggest I get…I am a Level 1 or 2 Love your tweets/blog and bars!

May 16th. Taurus. I love the freedom that owning my own business gives me. I love the creative aspect of it the most. I always felt so confined creatively in previous jobs. Sorry no DVD’s to suggest- anyone else?

278. Have you stopped dying your hair blonde? I think you should go full out – it would look great on you!

Thank you. I get highlights about 4 times a year, although I am considering just getting full colour because root touch ups are cheaper than highlights.

279. What does the husband do?

He doesn’t feel comfortable discussing his job on the internet. My lips are sealed!

280. Green Monsters Or fresh juices?

Don’t make me! That is like choosing between your two children.

281. Which fashion designer would you want to dress you?

Nicole Miller in a heartbeat.

282. i’ve been to a bunch of blogger meet ups and it seems like we always end up talking about you!!! I’m not sure why, but we talk about how INTENSE you are with everything you do! You just seem so hardcore about everything you do! Calm down!!!!

I don’t want to calm down, but maybe you need to? I like who I am! I’ve never been called intense or hardcore before but I kind of like it. :mrgreen:

283. You’re least and most favourite exercise?

Least- recumbent bike (like watching paint dry to me haha)

Most- Snowboarding, running, walking around as a tourist on vacation :)

284. Where’s one place in the world you still want to go?

I want to go to a developing country to volunteer. Hopefully in 2010 or 2011.

285. Do you really want kids?

More than anything.

286. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I know you aren’t interested in numbers on the scale but do you have a specific number which you would like to keep under forever?

I’m 5’5 and I don’t know my weight. I go by how my clothes fit and it surprisingly works well. They start to get tight and I reel in the party in my mouth a little bit. :)

~~~

I better get back to our cheering squad now. It’s currently 3-0 for Canada right now…woot!

Have a great night!

Angela_Signature

1 Jenn @ Livewellfit February 16, 2010

There are some really awesome Q&A’s going on in this blog world right now!! I love it! I also despise the recumbent bike. :)

2 Jenn @ Livewellfit February 16, 2010

Oops… accidentally hit send!

It’s so funny you mentioned not feeling guilty about working out anymore. I used to feel tremendously guilty.

I recently created a 30 day workout challenge for myself purely for FUN! Two years ago if I had done this and missed a workout, it would have been the end of the challenge and I would be a failure. Oh the journey to health…how difficult it can be! Now…my workouts are so much fun and such a party for me that I look forward to them and could care less about guilt! It took me so long to get here but I finally have arrived!

3 Jacquie February 16, 2010

oh my god! I loved your answer to the question about your size. Size healthy! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

4 Amy February 16, 2010

Loved your reply about the kids. I’ve been told recently that I’m selfish for not having children yet.

Ummm, hello… I’ve been married for just over 2 years, I’m only 29 and the big part is, I’m NOT ready yet.

I got your back on this one!

5 Joanna February 17, 2010

I don’t even understand the concept of being “selfish” by NOT having kids… Selfish to whom? Surely having kids and then not being able to devote enough emotional or physical energy to them would be more selfish. Not to mention that children are pretty much huge carbon consumers, so you could argue that not having children is about the least selfish option in terms or reducing our impact on the earth’s resources. … Only an individual (or a couple) can know when and if they’re ready …

6 A February 16, 2010

My gosh, I know it’s “ask anything”, but some of those questions were pretty rude or at least passive aggressive. I can’t even imagine the questions that you *didn’t* post!
You are the sweetest, and I wish all the best things for you.

7 Kate February 17, 2010

I completely agree! I was blown away by some of the rudeness of these questions!! Some of them were way too personal! I also agree that you are the sweetest, Angela! :)

8 Dani February 17, 2010

I was thinking the same thing! Geez… great post, though!

P.S. I LOVE your intensity! ;)

9 elliebelle February 17, 2010

I too was surprised by many of the questions! You are brave to be so out there with everything in your life. I’m shocked people push for more info. Thanks for always writing great posts!

10 suz August 3, 2010

OMG ITA! <- lol @myself (I don't usually comment much… truly an inside joke)

I just read this FAQ list for the 1st time & was thinking the very same thought! Thank you for standing up and saying this – I was feeling a bit awkward reading some of them.

11 Kathryn September 7, 2010

Me too?!? Crazy questions going on up there but Angela answered them beautifully!

12 Dotsie February 16, 2010

My freaking GOODNESS–Love your answer to the “waiting so long to have babies.” Seriously, WTF?!?! 26 is not old, nor too late to have babies. Perhaps earlier than 26 is TOO YOUNG. Whatev.

:-D you rock!

Oh, and your “intensity” INSPIRES ME–you’re a smart-working woman well on her way to success. You’re right; I would love to be hardcore in the road to success ;-) hehe!

13 Salina February 17, 2010

Here here!!! I totally agree!! It’s your “intensity” and “hardcoreness” that draws be back to reading your blog everyday!! I love it!

I think that only downside is that I compare alot of blogs to yours, and while all the ones I ready are awesome, they’re just not Oh She Glows… (but that’s my problem, lol)

Thanks for being you.

14 Diana February 16, 2010

wow! you handled a few of those questions incredibly well! good for you!

15 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 16, 2010

Great, honest answers. I would have to agree though, you’re a little more intense than most.

16 Molly @thevegandorm February 16, 2010

Whoa – some of those questions were rough and, honestly, kind of mean! I hope you know that the vast majority of your readers love you for you! (And you are hardcore – but in a good way!)

17 Ashley February 16, 2010

[from #282] Girl, you are so hardcore, but in a good way!!! When I read your posts, I am always thinking “how does she do it all????” Inspiring!!! :)

18 Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 16, 2010

At the CO meetup this weekend we were talking about how amazing it is you do all that you do …and you do it so well!

19 Kristen February 16, 2010

Oh man, now I feel ancient for being 29 and not having kids ;-)

20 Kimberly February 16, 2010

Ha, ha… I’m glad that you answered those questions. I think you are so inspiring BECAUSE you have found things in life that you are passionate about. If that makes you intense and hardcore so be it; we should all be so lucky! I think you have a very compassionate side that you show yourself and others. As women we should be celebrating, not criticizing, your love of your work and health!

Have you picked out any novels to read? I would love to hear about your selections and what you think of them!

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 16, 2010

I am going to start reading time travelers wife soon…cant wait

22 Patrice February 16, 2010

If by ‘hardcore/intense’ they meant ‘inspiring/good example’… aye yae yae

23 Elizabeth February 16, 2010

Hi Angela! I just read your Q&A answers and I want you to know that you are so INCREDIBLY inspiring to me! I just started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and since then I have gotten back into making green smoothies and I started the Whittle My Middle challenge! I am sure you already know this (because you remind me of this!) but you are fabulous just the way you are–dedicated and excited about living life. Thank you for all that you do! :)

24 Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 16, 2010

Thank you so much for sharing! I saw on twitter that you stopped the ask me anything because of rude questions… so sorry about that :( People are lame sometimes.

25 Jil February 16, 2010

Great answers…even to people who take advantage of the whole “anon” thing and ask/say rude things. I go through craving spurts, too. One week it can be one (or many) things the next — something completely different!

26 Kristie February 16, 2010

You handled those questions really well. I’d say that showcases just how “hardcore” you are in the best of ways. Keep up all of this great inspiration of yours!

27 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad February 16, 2010

I know what he/she means about green monster nausea! Usually I love them! But many mornings, I simply can’t fathom drinking one. It’s not the looks for me. Maybe I just get tired of the same thing? Plus, it’s easy to go crazy with new ingredients and create a new concoction that doesn’t taste so good. When they’re bad…they’re BAD. After I drink a bad one, I need a few days off!

28 Angela (ohsheglows) February 16, 2010

Yes when they are BAD, they are BAD http://ohsheglows.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/IMG_1665.jpg haha

29 Cynthia (It All Changes) February 16, 2010

I agree that tastes change so much. I go through spurts of what I crave. Right now I want something sweet and not too much meat.

30 Darryn (brio.gusto) February 16, 2010

Wow – I can’t *believe* the audacity of some of those questions! Geez! Let the girl lead a *somewhat* private life!

But, you answered them all very, very well.

BTW, I don’t find you intense/hardcore at all. I think we’re similar – go strong or go home! ;)

31 Lauren February 16, 2010

Why am I so obsessed with reading Q & As. Way to get sassy with a few of those people, anonymity gives people courage!

32 Ariane February 16, 2010

i’m glad you still did the Q&A even though some were kinda rude… you really don’t come off as intense or like you dominate your husband at all! i’m sure you don’t let the meanies get to you, but just so you know we read your blog because you’re an inspiration and motivation :)

33 Liz February 16, 2010

OK, some of those questions were really rude, and I think if I were you my feelings would be hurt. . .but you handled it perfectly. Especially the one that basically says “EVERYONE gossips about how INTENSE you are…” – that person is obviously just jealous. Seriously, I am angry on your behalf!

34 Colleen February 17, 2010

I have to agree – gosh, sometimes people can be so catty! You handled these questions with grace Angela – you’re the best! I’ve said it before, you can tell that you really strive to help people, and you are so passionate it’s infectious! I hardly think you need to calm down. Just pure jealousy from the person who asked the question.

35 Veronica February 16, 2010

There is nothing wrong with being INTENSE :) More power to ya girl!

Intense, emotional, and powerful women leave a mark in the world. Good for you (and every other woman whose been told she’s “too intense” or “too emotional”)!!!

36 Aneta February 16, 2010

Great post!!!!
love ur blog.

and its 7 – 0 for canada now! wooohooo! Go Canada Go!

37 Audrey February 16, 2010

I love your FAQs. :D It is so great that your husband is supportive of your choice to eat vegan. I like his attitude towards it–it doesn’t really matter. I also love your intensity…it’s what keeps me coming back to your blog! :)

38 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) February 16, 2010

Oh my, you got some doozies! Love this.

39 Krista February 16, 2010

I really don’t understand that question about your being the dominant partner in the relationship. You and Eric (or at least what I read on the blog) seem to have very loving relationship and seem to respect each other very much. I think its great that he’s so supportive of you, as I’m sure you are of him!

I don’t think I’d have the guts to do an “ask me anything”. people are RUDE!!

40 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 16, 2010

I’m graduating college on your birthday :)

41 Kris February 16, 2010

It is so sad that jealousy gets the best of some people and causes them to put down others in hope to makes themselves feel better.

I think we all agree that your passion for life and intensity in all you do, is what makes you SUCCESSFUL and BRILLIANT and ADDICTIVE….otherwise we wouldn’t be reading :) It is refreshing to see someone who knows what they want out of their own life, regardless of another person’s scrutiny.

Keep on chugging….you are an inspiration to so many!

I am sure most of the Debbie Downers out there would NEVER have the balls to say those things to your face! ;)

42 Jaime February 16, 2010

LOVE size healthy. Good answer.

Man, if you have waited too long to have kids then I’m ancient and incredibly selfish apparently. I’m 34!

43 Melissa February 16, 2010

Angela, you’re awesome. Best line ever “I don’t want to calm down, but maybe you need to?” I never really comment, but I love love love reading your blog. Keep being you :) And my birthday is May 16 too! I love the date! I think it just looks pretty haha

44 Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex February 16, 2010

Angela, I love your comment about Size HEALTHY! I don’t really care what size I am as long as I’m healthy and my body can do the things I want it to do. :) Smaller isn’t always better.

45 Amy A. February 16, 2010

Oooo me and you *almost* have the same b-day…I’m May 17! Though I’m older ;) I love all your answers and I’m really surprised by some of these questions – thankfully you are a classy woman that knows how to handle situations like this. I also saw your tweet about someone asking about your sex life. Seriously people!? Ok, I’d better step off the soap box. Keep your chin up girlie, you are wonderful…and we all know it! :)

46 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

I can’t ever think of any questions for all these ‘ask me anything’ blogs. haha. And damn, some of the questions are scary. you’re brave

47 Morgan February 16, 2010

I’m a May baby too! The 12th!
I feel the same way about kids. There’s no rush, but I want them ASAP!

48 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope February 16, 2010

And I never got the vibe that you’re “intense”? wth?? you’re so passionate and positive. people obviously do not read your blog

49 melissa (fitnessnyc) February 16, 2010

developing country?

50 Danielle February 16, 2010

Your amazing character shines through in your answers to these, especially the tough ones! And sheesh, if you are selfish for not having kids yet then I must be super selfish as I am 32! Love your blog and appreciate all you share!

51 Run Sarah February 16, 2010

Some of those questions are ridiculously rude…but your positive attitude shines through! And since when is 26 late to have kids?! LOL!

52 Ameena February 16, 2010

Great answers! Even to questions that are rather strange. You are nice to answer them anyway!

My God if you are old at 26 then I’m probably going to be looking into buying a walker soon!

53 Sarah February 16, 2010

I think you did an amazing job answering those tough questions. Somehow, the one about “selfish” for not having kids got to me. Either that was asked by someone who has been called/considered selfish for it OR that was an incredibly rude question. I guess I have never understood how not having kids is selfish, and even more so, I don’t understand how some people consider it unselfish to have them before you’re in a stable place, financially and otherwise. I’m up on a soapbox now, but I know that when the time comes, you’ll be an amazing and very unselfish mom, but my word! The nerve!

54 Janna (Just Flourishing) February 16, 2010

Wow, you got thrown some zingers there! Way to handle them though! Some readers are TOUGH!

55 Elizabeth February 16, 2010

Been reading since you first started blogging and I have to say this is my favorite FAQ post, possibly my favorite post ever. Thank you so much for sticking to your guns and handling the “ask me anything” meme with class, dignity, and wit. Your confidence and style are what everyone needs most. Keep up the awesome blog, lady.

56 Emily S. February 16, 2010

Ahhhh, I can’t believe someone phrased the question about children in that way! My sister is your age and she, along with a good number of her same-age friends, aren’t even married yet! I loved your answers to these questions, especially being a size HEALTHY and I think being so hard-core is awesome.

57 Rebekah February 16, 2010

Ooh, I bet Eric is a serial killer, like Dexter! Am I right? THAT’s why he doesn’t want to tell us all what he does! I’m a genius…

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 16, 2010

haha thanks for the laugh ;)

59 Cecilia February 17, 2010

Wow, commenter 282. What a catty person you are. It is sad to know that there are bloggers who meet up just for the sake of gossiping behind people’s back! I love Angela the way she is, she inspires so many people, her passion in life is so admirable!

60 Rebekah February 16, 2010

I like what you said about not being “selfish” by not having kids (yet). I’m 29 and have chosen not to have kids (will adopt one day) and I get the feeling a lot that people think that it is selfish of me.

61 Salina February 17, 2010

Giving a child a better life with a loving family??.. I don’t understand what is so selfish about that..

62 Michelle @ Eatingjourney February 16, 2010

Vol. overseas..best experience of my life. Do it. I didn’t realise you were 26…same age as me. Congrats on all that you’ve accomplished so far :)

63 Katie February 16, 2010

I love how you answered #266. That is my biggest fear. Or that I am going down the wrong path…

64 Jolene February 16, 2010

Yikes – I am not a fan of some of those questions!! Who asks such things!!??? You answered them very well. I don’t think I could have been so polite with some of those!!!

65 Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen February 16, 2010

In reference to #268- It’s the liver! Oh that precious important organ. Greens have an amazing ability to flush the cells of the body of waste and toxins, if the liver isn’t clearing well- nausea is the result. This can also happen with too much sulphurt-rich veggies like cabbage and kale in a smoothie. The doors have to be open to clear out the waste. Specifically-the phase II pathway. Two things to keep in mind- 1. The liver clears between 1 and 3 am. You need to be in a deep sleep for that to happen and 2. never mix grapefruit into a green drink. Grapefruit juice inhibits the clearance in the phase II detox pathway of the liver. The greens will stir it up, but if the grapefruit closes off the clearance, nausea will result.

66 Maureen February 16, 2010

Wow I cannot believe some of those questions. On children how rude when so many people have problems with getting pregnant this is too personal a question to ask let alone simply someone is being selfish. I think it is sweet the way yo talk about your husband you seem like a good team. Intense no passionate yes two very different things.
A question I like to ask is If you could go anywhere this year on vacation where wold you go?
Canada won!! and we won another gold medal today as well Canada Rocks!!

67 Rose February 16, 2010

You answered these questions so well. Some of them are really personal! Good for you for sticking to your guns about what’s public vs. private.

68 Rose February 16, 2010

PS: If 26 is when you should have kids, I’m already getting behind :)

69 Olivia February 16, 2010

You inspire me so much. I’ve had issues with binge eating and hating what I see in the mirror but I now feel like I am making progress. My binging started when I was 14 (I’m now 18) and I thought it would just be how I lived my life. I’m so lucky that at my young age I’m on the path to a healthy relationship with food. I still struggle but reading your posts give me the inspiration I need.

Thank you for being so open and kind!

70 Angela February 16, 2010

Wow some of those questions were a little rude.. And I love the size healthy answer, I’m not sure why people always want to know other women weight and size..

71 Jenny February 16, 2010

Love your Q&A’s! As usual. And I completely agree with you on the kids issue. I don’t like how that question was worded…but I would say that in today’s world, it is selfish to HAVE kids before you are completely secure and ready.

Awesome answer, HEALTHY should be a size!! And yay for fellow Tauruses :)

72 'Dee February 16, 2010

Um, wow – some people certainly use “anonymous” to translate to “rude”!

You are a class act, Ange. Hats off to you!

73 Laura February 16, 2010

The best answer was the healthy one. its not about size, its about how you feel.

74 Joanna February 17, 2010

Hi!! I’m new to your blog and I’ve been hooked ever since my friend showed it to me! I have been on the Green Monster Movement for a week now and I LOVE it! I love how it makes me feel and it helps me to make smarter choices throughout the day. I started it because I’ve been getting sick too much! I’m a teacher so germs are everywhere!! I’m getting married in October so I need to start making healthy choices! Thanks for the motivation. You are an inspiration!!

75 Olivia February 17, 2010

Makes me sad how rude some of those questions were (really… like I feel gross that people would be so tacky!!) — but makes me adore you even more for your grace and class in answering them!

I don’t comment often, but I’m going to try to do it more. You inspire me in so many ways, and I cannot thank you enough!

-Olivia

PS. I have some questions about food allergies — but I’ll wait for a better time to ask :)

76 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin February 17, 2010

Ha, love your response about having kids! I just turned 27 and I don’t think that’s OLD at all! I hope that my husband and I will have kids in the next 3 years or so, but it will be when we are good and ready!!

77 Mary @ fit this, girl! February 17, 2010

WOW!! I am surprised by what some people ask!! I love your responses though, you are super diplomatic!! Is it being Canadian? ;) I have to get cracking on watching some olympics. Doh! Have a great night!!

78 *Andrea* February 17, 2010

you’re amazing. “size healthy”! great answer :)

79 Sarah February 17, 2010

Intense could be code for vegan. It often is ;-) Ah, what a misunderstood bunch we are! Ha!

These questions were pretty weird. Good job answering them!

80 Aoife February 17, 2010

Aha…you could be right! I thought it was a really strange thing to call Angela (just based on what I see on the blog), but perhaps it is to do with veganism. It is so misunderstood!

81 Miss T February 17, 2010

Wow, you must be the worst person in the world for not going to church and not popping out kids in your teens.

Not only is it none of their business and completely irrelevant, but especially questioning people about kids can be so hurtful.

Perhaps they would prefer that you were a bible-thumping mother of ten at your age, or that you disclosed your personal fertility history to all and sundry.

Snaps for not biting back!

82 Katie February 17, 2010

Hey Angela!

G’day from down under!

I love your blog and how you handled those questions! I love your enthusiasm for life and health.

Katie :)

83 MrsH February 17, 2010

Hi Angela, first time commenter here =) I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy reading your blog every morning while I drink my green monster! Your answers to each and every question made me appreciate you even more! Keep doing what you are doing, you really are inspiring more people than you think!

Tracey

84 Gillian February 17, 2010

You are so refreshing :) Always. xo

85 Foxy February 17, 2010

We share the same birthday :) I felt some of those questions were a bit rude but it was interesting to read your answers. You are naturally beautiful and healthy and your blog is an inspiration to many. Keep it up!

86 Natasha February 17, 2010

Hardcore? Maybe, but I’d say you are passionate. I love that you put effort and passion into everything you do. It’s inspiring! :-)

87 Emmanuelle February 17, 2010

Wow, some of those questions were really rude/mean. You live your life just the way you want to, and if people have problems with this well it’s their problem, not yours.
But you did a great job handling all the questions, and keep up the passion and enthusiasm!

88 Jennie {in Wonderland} February 17, 2010

Whoa, some of these questions are straight up rude.

I LOVE your intensity. I think it’s a Canadian thing :-)

BTW, Size Healthy should be a movement, just like Green Monster.

89 Jocelyn February 17, 2010

Always fun to learn more about you Angela! Thanks for the honestty : )

xo

Jocelyn

90 Aoife February 17, 2010

Wow some of those questions were tough, you seriously handed them really really well! I can’t believe the cheek of some of those questions though, what’s up with being so critical of people & their relationships!? That is so rude and a lot of it is probably rooted in jealousy.

I’ve been reading your blog since last summer and never thought of you as ‘intense’ or ‘hardcore’ in a negative way at all. I think you’re inspiring. You do what you feel is best in all situations, and you’re obviously really caring and thoughtful, and unselfish. Keep doing what you’re doing. :D

91 Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 17, 2010

Wow that word “annonymous” really changes things huh? You got some borderline rude questions…I think you handled answering them well though! I think being hardcore or intense is a compliment- most people call it passion :)

92 Katie (Sweet Tater) February 17, 2010

man, some of those questions are silly and rude. great answers for everything. you are brave to even accept anonymous questions…

93 Colleen February 17, 2010

Me again…I think your blog somehow gets lumped into the millions of other food blogs in comparison. All those other blogs are about me, me, me. This is what I ate, this is my training plan, etc. And all of that is fine. Sure you have some of those things featured in your posts here and there, but your main focus seems to be on helping and inspiring others while still giving us a little peek into your life. You strive to include people in things like the GMM, so they too can lead a healthy life. You don’t just use this as a portal to tell everyone else about your day-to-day (like an online journal)…you truly want people to ENJOY (key word) the same great health you get from treating your body the RIGHT way. Very few blogs inspire me like you do! And if that makes you intense, then so be it!

94 suz August 3, 2010

I agree with Colleen so much! (I tried to refrain from commenting bc I realize this post is old… and I’m probably here by myself – lol)

:D

95 Sophie @ yumventures February 17, 2010

I love your honesty with this post! I feel like some bloggers over share, and some under share, but yours is a great balance! You were also great with handling some (in my mind) rude questions — you did a great job with them!

96 ::christine:: February 17, 2010

Don’t you DARE calm down!

Starting my day off reading your blog rocks my socks girlie ~

I loved your answers to the creep-o questions ~

97 Susan February 17, 2010

For the nausea-causing green monster question – they do the same to me!! I think it has something to do with the air bubbles that get created in my smoothie when it’s mostly made up of spinach. For some reason this doesn’t happen as badly when I use thicker ingredients. And it also has to do with your blender pitcher, larger ones pull in more extra air when you blend. Drinking a club soda and burping after helps a lot ;)

98 Kristy February 17, 2010

Ha! Your answers are price less! NO ONE can accuse you of being fake, that is for sure ;-)

99 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ February 17, 2010

Great comment and answers, I think you do a great job with your lifestyle and your business. You stay true to who you are.

100 skinnyrunner February 17, 2010

nicole miller has some of the cutest party dresses! i want.

101 Jocelyn February 17, 2010

omg

arrre you serious!?!? lol..
Well at least you know that you are popular enough to be talked about at blogger meet ups ;) lol

102 Katie O. @ Fit to Wed February 17, 2010

Some of these questions are pretty rude. I think you handled them beautifully though! I am quite confused by number 274. Selfish?? To wait so LONG to have children?! What?!

103 Lauren February 17, 2010

Dude…some people are so rude! Honestly, you inspire me to better myself every day so rock on with your hardcore self!!

104 Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl February 17, 2010

I love reading your blog, and I think what you do is great! Some of those questions were attacking, but I think you answered them very well!

105 MelissaNibbles February 17, 2010

Isn’t it more selfish to have kids when you aren’t ready? Just to please other people? That’s not very fair to the kids. Why would you bring them into the world when you know you’re not ready? Why do people care when YOU have kids? Are they going to kidnap them? Lock your doors girl.

106 Leah @ Simply fabulous now February 17, 2010

For the record, I can’t believe how sad some people can be who ask those questions – but I suppose we can’t control how all people think on the internet!

107 Brooke February 17, 2010

Wow! People can be brutal. I have never commented before but I think it is great that you are so honest about yourself. Plus your food looks so beautiful!

108 Melanie February 17, 2010

Hey Angela, loved the answers. A side question for you though if you have a minute. I wouldn’t have answered question #270 either. But (if you’re willing to plug), are there a few certain blogs that you HAVE to read everyday? Like one or two you particularly enjoy? I’m sure there’s many but are you willing to name a few?

109 Becky @ flybynyght February 17, 2010

Oh, I wish I had a Whole Foods near me!!! Wasn’t that hockey game great? 8-0! Can’t wait for the rest of the tournament!

110 Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me February 17, 2010

Wow some of those questions were pretty rough. People can be a little ridiculous sometimes!

111 Cristin February 17, 2010

Great idea for a post, Angela. Yowza! Some of of those questions are ri-dic-u-lous. Great job handling them, fellow Taurus!

112 Meredith (Pursuing Balance) February 17, 2010

Thanks for sharing! I have a question for you: would you want to raise your kids vegetarian/vegan? And if so, how does Eric feel about it? This is a conversation my boyfriend and I have sometimes since he eats meat and I don’t, and our feelings tend to be different but ultimately we are thinking to let any kids we may have (someday way in the future!) make their own decision on the matter.

113 Heather (Heather's Dish) February 17, 2010

i so appreciate that you’re not 100% open about everything on your blog…and I think you answered those questions fabulously, especially the tough ones! i’m 26 as well, and don’t want to have kids for another year or so. there’s nothing wrong with wanting or not wanting children, and there’s nothing wrong with waiting til you’re ready either! i’m with you on that one girl :)

114 Rachel February 17, 2010

I love love love your blog and really admire your graceful responses to these questions; some of them were pretty darn rude and insinuating! Don’t let the green-eyed monsters of the world get you down. :)

115 Gina G February 17, 2010

i agree with those with how rude some of these questions were! your too good of a person to be treated like that =( I love your positive attitude though! =)

116 Mo February 17, 2010

Reading the questions, I was laughing my head off and really disgusted all at the same time! I cannot believe what some people ask! Seriously! You are crazy nice and generous with your responses. I have wondered if the scrunity of your readers would ever impact you negatively. I think that I have actually worried about that – silly as that sounds! But alas, you have such a good head on your shoulders that it seems to not get to you. Go Angela….go Angela…. :-)

117 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com February 17, 2010

Great responses! I like that you included every question- even the potentially offensive ones. If you ‘calm down’ I’ll stop reading. I love your blog!

118 Lindsay (Foodrun) February 17, 2010

woaahh some of those questions are just ridiculous. how about “angela, how’d you get to be so AWESOME?”

119 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty February 17, 2010

Hahaa… I agree with the girl right above me!! I love that you included the ridiculous questions too. I have to be honest, I’m a little shocked people asked those questions… I’m assuming it was anonymous!

Anyways… great post… and you already know it but I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! :) So does my mom, I got her hooked too! ;)

120 Whit February 17, 2010

haha, good job being diplomatic! ;) love your answers to most of those ridiculous/nosy questions.

121 Naina February 17, 2010

Angela,

I have been lurking around your blog for a few months. I
never commented, as most of your readers leave my thoughts in their comments.
The same holds true today, most have written my thoughts perfectly.
I am 48, had 3 children by the time I was 24 years old. I know that the question concerning being selfish, for not having a child (yet) is simply a “Jealous Mommy.” She reads your blog, and thinks, wait till you have kids. Secretly wishing you would hurry up, so she can say “Now let’s see how devoted you are!” Having a child will change you, inside, and out. I loved having my children young, but now that I have time for myself, I have learned so much! So much of what I have learned, sadly, I couldn’t pass on to them while gowing up, because my knowledge about diet, exercise, etc……was limited. They all eat the SAD diet.
This is my fault. I am now vegan, and my kids think I am a fruit cake. :( I can’t reach them now.
Enjoy yourself fully, spend time doing all you desire; until you feel you are ready to cut back on the freedoms, you now enjoy. In many ways, having a child is like gaining a live in boss. Their needs take first place. There is a profound crisis emotionally, once having a child. How this crisis plays out, for good, or bad, is all in the attitude of the Mother. I think you will be a very happy Mommy, when the time comes. :) Your passion, ;) will take on Motherhood with gusto! Thanks for your blog! I am learning here too.

122 EaterNotARunner February 17, 2010

Great post, I like to think that I’m “zize healthy” as well!

123 Lynne February 17, 2010

Wow! You handled those questions so well. I don’t have anything else to add that hasn’t been said so well already, but just wanted to say that I think you are so inspiring. Thank you for a wonderful blog. :-)

124 Michelle February 17, 2010

Angela, I LOVED reading your answers from the FAQ’s. Your answers fully show how mature, honest, and positive you are, and that you truly earned your place in the blog world as a role model and spokesperson for healthy living. So many of those questions were phrased so…not nicely? And you took ’em on like it was nothing without losing your cool. Thank you for showing all your readers that IT CAN BE DONE!! Thank you for inspiring so many of us! :)

125 Maura February 17, 2010

Wow. There were some really catty questions posted to your formspring. People can be rude. It’s a good thing you took it like a champ.

126 Bec February 17, 2010

Wow, some of those questions are just plain rude and some are down right mean. I personally wouldn’t have give the poster the satisfaction of even answering them. But Angela good for you, for being you and doing your own thing in your own way and inspiring others in the process. Yours is my fav blog by far!

127 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) February 17, 2010

I LOVE your opinion on your weight- not being a number, just focusing on healthy. And I wish I could get to the point of not worrying about missing a day of exercise. I am getting there!

And I do not think you are too intense, you are passionate!

xo
K

128 Laura February 17, 2010

Hmmm… I think I know who IS the dominant person in your household, Angela- Mr. Sketchie himself! Everything stops when Sir wants his dinner right?! It makes me sad, reading negative comments and the like on such an inspiring and food-for-thought blog. Aren’t there enough bad things going on in the world that we have no control over? How someone acts has such an impact on others around them. I don’t think you are intense, I think there are an awful lot of other people who are far more intense than you- and not necessarily in a nice way. The number of surgeons I work with…! If you have life experiences, and are also providing a platform for others to learn from you, and others who contribute, why shouldn’t you blog? OK, this is probably soppy, but if someone asked me what comes to mind if they talked about you, I would say sunshine and light he he!

129 Notesfromthegrove February 17, 2010

Why do I feel like a lot of these questions are a little mean-spirited? I don’t like that, especially because I feel like you’re such a nice person.

Whoever asked about feeling selfish for waiting so long about children: oh. my. goodness. Just WOW. When did 26 become old? And since when did WAITING to what’s right for YOU become selfish? That question kind of blew my mind.

Angela, I think it’s awesome that you’re just enjoying being young and newly married. SO many girls/women think that the minute they get married, they have to start having children, when the truth is, they really aren’t ready emotionally, physically, or financially. I’m almost 30 and my husband is 38 and we are still in no rush. We’ve only been married for a year and a half and we want more time together–just the two of us. Good for you for knowing yourself well enough to wait. I applaud you!!!

130 Linda February 17, 2010

I can’t believe that someone thought you were selfish for waiting so long to have kids?!!! WTF!!!! Like you said, you are 26 years old. Unbelievable. This really makes me angry because I am 35, have no kids and don’t plan on having kids and I am not selfish. But I have had people tell me I am selfish and wrong for not having children and I ask why? Because I’m a woman I’m supposed to have children? I think not. There is a problem in the country of over population and if you ask me people who have kids to try and fulfill themselves are the selfish ones .

131 Lindsay February 18, 2010

You know you’re making it when people are actively trying to hold you back. Proud of you :)

132 Kelly February 18, 2010

Lol “waiting so long to have kids” oh boy!

Also I’ve been to blogger meet ups, we didn’t talk about how intense you are haha.

Oh and btw, green monsters sadly make me feel nautious (though I never know how to spell that word). My tummy does not tolerate raw veggies well so I’m pretty sure that is why. When I make them REALLY light green I’m usually okay :)

133 Kristilyn (My 29th Year) February 18, 2010

I do agree that our palates change after a while … I know that I would probably gag if I had to eat McDonalds nowadays! I know the other day I was so excited to find brussels sprouts in the freezer! That would NOT have happened when I was at my heaviest weight.

K

134 Stephanie February 19, 2010

Wow. Women can be so catty. Love your response to the one about your intensity. I don’t find you to be intense at all. I just think you are really passionate about certain things, and that comes through in your blog. Shouldn’t we all strive to live our best life possible? Rediculous. Just ignore those people.

I also agree that some people were really passive agressive, and some of the questions were way too personal. What size do you wear?? Why does it matter???

P.S. I am writing Size Healthy in all my jeans from now on.

135 Alana May 13, 2010

Hi Angela,
I found your blog a while back but just now found the time to sit down and read it thoroughly. I cried when I read about your struggle with an eating disorder. I choked back the tear as I saw your pictures. You are such a beautiful woman with so much to offer the world. I applaud your courage and success!
I, myself, am caught in this battle of disordered eating. It is something I face daily and it hurts so badly. It hurts even more to see other women go through it. I do not wish for any woman to experience this sort of personal hell I live in on a day to day basis. Sometime I feel fine and other days- well..im sure you know what its like.
I was trying to figure out how to send you a more personal email but could not find an address on your site- so this will have to suffice.
I would love to get in touch with you and write you more!
Warmest,
Alana K.

136 Traci May 29, 2010

Angela,
Where do you purchase your eating utensils? They are so unique.

137 Megan June 20, 2010

Hi Angela,

I’m coming to this post quite late, I realize. However, just wanted to say… YOU GO GIRL!

“270. Which bloggers are you jealous of? Which ones tick you off?

Come on now.”

You are great. You’re honest, address intrusive and pointed questions respectfully and with candor, and you just seem like such a sweet person. It’s refreshing!

138 Jacqueline October 18, 2010

My question is, the people asking some of these questions, who clearly have so much negative energy towards you – choose a different blog to follow if this one isn’t bringing anything positive to.
You are inspiring and what works for you, only needs to work for you, if someone else has a problem with your intensity, it is exactly that – THEIR problem.
I’m new to your blog but so far all I can say is keep being yourself – you best and truest self – and keep inspiring others to do the same.
(sorry this is so late)