Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

Mmmmmmmmm.

IMG 0374 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

Did you do a double take?

IMG 0379 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

Tuesday, I did a review of Ezekiel tortilla wraps. I received a comment from Meagan saying that I had to try these wraps as a pizza and she linked me to her amazing post. After wiping the puddle of drool from my desk, I knew I had to make this- stat!

Vegan Pizza with Cheeze

Adapted from Meagan’s post.

Ingredients:

• 1 Ezekiel tortilla wrap
  • 2-3 T tomato paste
  • handful baby spinach
  • 7-8 slices zucchini
  • plum tomato, sliced
  • basil and parsley
  • Sunflower seeds, hulled (a little fat helps with absorption of nutrients in veggies)

Mea’s Humnut Sauce:

• 3 T hummus
  • 2 T nutritional yeast
  • water to thin out
  • 1/2 t Turmeric (to make it yellow- it will change the taste a bit keep in mind)

Directions: Spread tortilla with tomato paste (or pizza sauce if preferred). Add toppings followed by cheeze and seasonings. Broil in the oven for about 3 minutes on low- watch carefully! Serve immediately.

IMG 0348 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

This was incredible.

IMG 0410 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

I love finding out about new food concoctions! :mrgreen:

Our weather lately has been beautiful…we have been blessed with the sun for the past week or two. It feels more and more like Spring everyday (minus the snow of course, but it is beautiful to look at!).

IMG 0412 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

I was asked if I am still drinking Green Monsters and the answer is yes, yes, and yes! I have about 4 a week now, and about 2-3 juices a week. I like mixing it up.

IMG 0330 thumb   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I skipped my scheduled 3 mile tempo run yesterday in favour of some stretching. I was quite sore from my Booty Camp Fitness workout, so I decided to take it off to let my muscles repair. I have updated my Spring Training Plan to reflect this. I simply added on the 3 mile run to today’s workout.

I did 13 Poses for Runners last night and it was just what I needed!

Now I want everyone to try a quick activity with me, don’t even think about it and answer the following question as quickly as possible…

Are you holding your breath right now?

I do it all the time, I am horrible at BREATHING!

Yup, I am a chronic shallow breather! I also often find myself holding my breath when I am busy or stressed. Lately I have been trying to be mindful of breathing deeply. It feels so good to breathe deeply and unfortunately it also feels a bit foreign to me because I rarely do it! I hope to be more conscious about my breathing and try to make it a ‘habit’.

What kind of breather are you- shallow or deep? Do you consider yourself a conscious breather?

Angela Signature thumb6   Vegan Pizza With Cheeze

"Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral, loose, and free-floating – these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything." ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Laura @ Food For La February 4, 2010

Yes! I was holding my breath. I do it all of the time, also. When I drive I have to remind myself to keep breathing regularly. So weird!

Angela, I have a question for you about nutritional yeast since I see it popping up on a lot of blogs. What makes it so great? Since I have to eat gluten-free would it be okay for me? If so, how should I use it?

Thanks! And the pizza looks divine :)

Angela (oh she glows) February 4, 2010

It has B12 and a decent amount of protein and other vits and minerals. I’m not sure if it is GF, I would do some research online. It adds a gret cheesy flavour!

Megan February 5, 2010

Double check when buying nooch as not all brands have B12 in them :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is February 4, 2010

Um yes, that looks amazing! I don’t like the wraps but maybe I will try them as pizza! :)

megan February 4, 2010

haha wow, i was holding my breath! thanks for the reminder. you’re right, breathing deeply does feel good.

Sarah February 4, 2010

I was holding my breath too! ahh !

That pizza looks really amazing. I’m a huge fan of tortilla pizzas, and it seems like those Ezekial tortillas work well as a base. Gonna have make this for superbowl sunday!!

BTW I tried my first Green Monster today, and I am HOOKED. I’ll post my recipe on your green monster site :) It was fabulous.

Do you grind your flax seeds before you put them in the smoothie?

Angela (oh she glows) February 4, 2010

Nope..just toss them in all at once!

Kate February 4, 2010

I was holding my breath looking at that pizza! That looks amazing! Now I’m taking deep breaths coming back to earth. :)

Alexandra February 4, 2010

I want some of that pizza! Yummmm! :)
I was also holding my breath, that is a good point you made. i haven’t really analyzed my breathing so I don’t know if I am a shallow breather or not. Breathing deeply is so amazing though, I have to make sure I do it more often.

Heather (Heather's Dish) February 4, 2010

um, i totally did a double-take! that looks amazing, and actually sounds even more delicious!

i’m glad you’ve had some sunshine lately, i am loving the sun here…feels like spring/summer is almost here :)

Astrid February 4, 2010

Angela, I am also a very shallow breather when I am not thinking about it. It often leaves my mind spinning and I feel like I just can’t breathe at all. When I read the question, I was holding my breath. Why is the world do I do this?

Susan February 4, 2010

I think people might naturally hold their breath when anticipating a question, but that’s just my theory :) The pizze looks amazing! Definately gonna have to try it this weekend.

Angela (oh she glows) February 4, 2010

haha love your theory…probably true!

Andrea Fellman February 4, 2010

Ok I ahve never made a homemade pizza (i know shocking) but I think I may have to make my first one after seeing that one! Looks sooo yummy!! You are inspiring me to get in the kitchen and mix it up a bit:) Thanks
First time to your site – I am loving it!!

Teri February 4, 2010

That looks SO good! And um, yes, I was definitely holding my breath. I’m stressed at work! I’m going to consciously breathe the rest of the day. Thanks!

Nikki T February 4, 2010

It does sound silly to say “I’m not a good breather”…and I’m glad I’m not the only one who says it!
I recognized that I’m a horrible breather when I started running…I often struggle to get a deep breath, especially when doing a hard work out and I can’t seem to figure out why or correct it! It’s really quite frustrating while running…
Any ideas?!? Besides to practice breathing (which sounds ridiculous, but apparently it’s necessary!)

Angela (oh she glows) February 4, 2010

Ive heard yoga helps!

Leilani February 4, 2010

I will totally agree that the wraps by themselves are a bit tough – but let me tell you, please DO NOT give up on them – and try them in the oven !!!!!!! I made that unbelievable pizza and I am still wondering if I have died and gone to heaven :))) – they were sooooooooooo freaking good like this, no toughness, just crunchness and so so good oh sorry I already said that but I am not kidding the wraps are that good!!!!!!!!1

Morgan @ Life After Bagels February 4, 2010

I tend to hold my breath without knowing it too. Since I started my meditation challenge last week I’ve actually been better. It makes me remember in the middle of the day to get some deep breaths in.

Lauren @ Eater not a runner February 4, 2010

That pizza looks SO good! Yummm

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 4, 2010

It was surprising how when I read “Are you holding your breath?” I realized I was. I’m definitely a shallow breather- at one point I was taking voice lessons for singing and my teacher would make me lay on the ground with a book on my stomach so I could see it rise and fall with deep breathing.

Danielle (Coffee Run) February 4, 2010

Omggg your pizza looks amazing. I always forget about pizza because it’s usually not vegan. And then I remember about recipes like THIS!

I definitely breath when I’m stressed (to the point of hyperventilation lol)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad February 4, 2010

Seriously, how impressive is Mae? She’s only in high school and she cooks like a gourmet chef!

Kim K February 4, 2010

The pizza looks incredible! I’m a new runner, and am always on the hunt for healthy food for fuel.

@Katie, I’m also an opera singer, and the “singer’s breath” technique works really well for stress and during runs to avoid side stitches. Now, if only I could remember *before* I get tired and my form falls apart. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 4, 2010

Oh my goodness Angela– that pizza looks amazing!

Sometimes I find myself breathing really shallow-ly (totally not a word) and I have to take a few deeeeeep breaths :-)

Audrey February 4, 2010

Breathing and posture…always hard for me. It’s all about remaining mindful, I guess. : )

John February 4, 2010

The only time I have a problem with breathing is when I’m working out. Trainer told me I am supposed to breathe when I lift weights not hold it when I lift. Didn’t realize I was! And I found at Yoga I was breathing opposite of the way they said you should. Never could get it right though I only attended 3 times because it was free :-)

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries February 4, 2010

that looks incredible!! i can see how ezekiels would be great “tortilla pizza” bases because they’re definitely heartier than la tortillas

One Healthy Apple February 4, 2010

Yep, totally holding my breath. I forget to breathe a lot- especially when I’m stressing, which happens to be a lot! You are right- deep breaths feel so much better!

Katie O. @ Fit to Wed February 4, 2010

haha, YES. I always catch myself doing this while I’m trying to fall asleep too. It’s so weird!

Marisa (Loser for Life) February 4, 2010

I really like the taste of nutritional yeast. It’s a great substitute for cheese in a Mac n Cheese recipe!

LOL @ holding my breath! I do seem to hold my breath quite often! I think women, in general, tend to be shallow breathers. I would like to get better at breathing properly, too!

Lisa February 4, 2010

I was shallow breathing, I always catch myself doing this and forget to breath when lifting weights. Why?

Ameena February 4, 2010

What an incredible looking pizza! It looks like something I’d see at California Pizza Kitchen!

My breathing has drastically improved since I started doing yoga. I highly recommend it for learning how to breathe properly.

Jess February 4, 2010

[Been lurking for a while now; don't have a blog of my own to link to but I very much enjoy reading!]

I LOVE the Ezekiel tortillas for pizzas. Another good recipe is to do one Mexican-style. I use salsa instead tomato paste/sauce, whatever veggies I’ve got on hand, avocado, parsley or cilantro for seasoning, along with lime zest and a squeeze of juice.

Sana February 4, 2010

Angela, do the juices keep you as full as the smoothies? Or how fulling are they?

Angela (oh she glows) February 4, 2010

No they aren’t filling at all, but I like them as a pre-workout snack.

David February 4, 2010

I’m not a vegan by any stretch but that pizza sure does look good. Nicely done!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) February 4, 2010

That pizza is beautiful! I think I might be a shallow breather as well, I was holding my breath as I was reading and didn’t even notice until you asked!

Annie February 4, 2010

I’m a shallow deeper too! I wonder if it has an impact on my running…

Jil February 4, 2010

That pizza is phenomenal looking!! That’s definitely something to try! I think I’m a shallow breather — I hold my breath often…now that I think of it. Weird. haha

liane February 4, 2010

The only time I ever buy wraps is to make pizza, and now I’ve got a hankering for pizza. I just may have to stop by the store on my way home :)
I’m a horrible breather… totally shallow and it really does affect my running. I have to make a concerted effort to keep my breathing in check while running.

Cassie February 4, 2010

as i’ve started going to yoga more, i’ve noticed that i am a shallow breather too. i feel so much better when i stop and take a few breaths. it’s hard to train yourself to breathe differently though – breathing is something we’ve ALWAYS done!

Kristen February 4, 2010

Oh yum! I’ve been using the Ezikiel wraps as pizza crusts for awhile and love how crunchy they get!

I used to be very bad at holding my breath especially when stressed, but doing yoga has made me more conscious of how I breathe (and deal with stress). Still working on it though!

skinnyrunner February 4, 2010

vegan food normally scares me but that pizza looks good!

Jocelyn February 4, 2010

That makes me so hungry!!! Looks delicious : )

xo

Jocelyn

Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 4, 2010

Haha I love that!!! I never realized that I hold my breath but I so do… I could use some deep breathing.

The pizza looks yummy!

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self February 4, 2010

I am definitely a shallow breather, but – like you – I’ve discovered how invigorating deep breathing can be! When I’m really stressed out, I use this technique: breath in for a count of 5 seconds, breath out for a count of 7 seconds, repeat 5 times. In a FLASH I feel more relaxed! :)

Lauren February 4, 2010

The only time I ever really notice my breathing is when I’m running. I guess that makes me unconscious, but if I think about it, I doubt I’m normally breathing very deeply.

Page 1 of 212»