Tropical Balmy Bliss Breakfast Muffins

I had so much fun watching the Golden Globes last night. :D

IMG_9524

IMG_9536 IMG_9532

IMG_9521 IMG_9519

My vote for Best Dressed Female: Olivia Wilde

IMG_9538

Her dress was stunning. Unexpected, original, and very memorable. It didn’t look as good in photos as it did on screen!

arrives at the 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 17, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California.

[Source]

I tried to think of the one dress that stuck out in my memory and her’s was it! Normally I am more of a ‘classic’ fan, but this was just so different I had to pick it.

My runners up for Best Dressed Female were Halle Berry (jaw-dropping), Emily Blunt, and Drew Barrymore.

Who were your best dressed?

It turned out that we didn’t get 24 on our basic cable channels. We are going to have to watch it online somewhere I guess! Don’t tell me what happened!

Sketchie caught up on his beauty sleep by the ‘fire’…

IMG_9506

Speaking of beauty sleep, the past two nights I have slept like a baby cat. I sprung out of bed this morning at 6am, rearing to go! I think my body is slowly starting to get the hang of this Early Rising Challenge. I absolutely love early mornings. I am the only one up and it is so peaceful.  I also feel like I am most productive in the mornings. There is something to be said about a long morning ripe with opportunity!

However, I will admit there was something that helped spring me out of bed this morning…

I adapted these from my Lime and Cantaloupe Margarita muffins.

Oh, these are good. So so so moist.

IMG_9494

You can see the yogurt flowing like a river throughout the muffin!

IMG_9466 IMG_9490

I love the lime zest. So tropical and so fun.

IMG_9489

A great way to include some fruit and veggies in your morning muffin!

IMG_9485

These are definitely something to get up early for! I had one muffin with a Green Monster.

What is your favourite muffin flavour?

I LOVE all kinds, but especially Banana-nut-blueberry, Classic BRAN, and carrot spice.

~~~~

Updates:

And because this always makes me giggle when I say it… ;)

GIT ‘ER DONE!!!!!!!!!

Angela_Signature

The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

1 Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 18, 2010

i didn’t get to watch the golden globes last night, but i always read the updates the next day! you’re right, that dress is stunning!

love the muffin recipe :)

2 Brandi January 18, 2010

LMAO…happier than a pig in shit?! That’s how my Chihuahua gets with his heating pad.

3 Julie @savvyeats January 18, 2010

I MUST try these once I have a juicer (and therefore, leftover pulp to use).

4 Sara January 18, 2010

My favorite dresses were definitely Penelope Cruz and Emily Blunt!

5 Heather January 18, 2010

I definitely loved Halle Berry. Another fun dress was Ginnifer Goodwin. Oh and i liked the purple on Sandra Bullock. I did not like Heidi Klums total package. Her hair was a mess!!

6 simpledaisy January 18, 2010

Those muffins look awesome!!
Love the happy cat photo!! That’s how my dogs look in front of the fireplace on a cold winter’s night:)

7 Natasha January 18, 2010

Now this is one of the times when it’s not so great being in Europe… the award shows are on in the-middle-of-the-night!!!

Sketchie looks gorgeous next to the heater. I tend to assume the same position when there is a heater/fire in the room ;-)

It’s great you fins a use for all that juice pulp. I feel leagues behind now… our blender doesn’t arrive until tomorrow. I am so excited to finally try a Green Monster!

8 Laura Georgina January 18, 2010

Yumyumyumyum!

One question for the bakestress, though: what’s a good replacement for spelt flour in this recipe? There’s NO finding it here, sigh. (I have a feeling my next trip to North Am will have me hauling big amounts of dubious-looking white powders that will cause all sorts of trouble at immigration when I explain what it all is!)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2010

You can use whole wheat pastry flour too (ive tried it and it works) and possibly whole wheat flour, although I have not tried whole wheat flour.

10 Laura Georgina January 19, 2010

Thanks! I should be able to find that here. Let the baking begin….

11 Run Sarah January 18, 2010

I’m doing the getting up early thing too! I got up at 5:45, did yoga, dressed, ate, and now have a few minutes to relax before heading out. It feels great!

12 Jessica January 18, 2010

Definitely BRAN! Helps keep me regular!

13 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 18, 2010

Those muffins look absolutely incredible… I must must must try them!!! Could you use regular milk in place of the almond milk?

Olivia Wilde’s dress is so pretty! I didn’t watch it last night but I do love that dress. It fits her perfectly too.

P.S. Cute picture of Sketchie!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2010

Yes you can use regular milk too!

15 Marissa January 18, 2010

I didn’t see the Golden Globes, but I am looking online at all the photos :)

You can write a cookbook just on how to use juice pulp. It’s awesome!

16 Haleigh January 18, 2010

I get too bored to watch the entire awards show but I did check out the fabulous fashion choices at the red carpet. My favorites were Marion Cotillard and Drew Barrymore.

17 Jil January 18, 2010

Oh yumm! Those look phenomenal! You’ve been on a breakfast roll as of late!! I loved the GG’s. I though Drew looked stunning, as did Emily Blunt. I have to say IMO there weren’t a tonnn of misses this year. Everyone looked pretty gorgeous!

18 Katie O. @ Fit to Wed January 18, 2010

Wow- those muffins look to die for! I especially like the river of greek yogurt running through them :) I didn’t catch the golden globes but I saw some pics- I’m a fan of the jewel tone in Sandra Bullock’s dress. So pretty!

19 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 18, 2010

What a great idea for leftover juice pulp!

20 Karla January 18, 2010

Ahh I totally missed the golden globes! But I just looked over the red carpet pics and sadly I wasn’t too wowed by any dresses :( But I thought Marion Cotillard’s dress was very interesting!

21 EaterNotARunner January 18, 2010

banana blueberry are my favorite! Or maybe pumpkin :-)

22 Becca January 18, 2010

I completely forgot about the Globes! Olivia Wilde does look stunning though.

And those muffins look fantastic as well!

I think my favorite muffins are anything with banana (or chocolate!)

23 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 18, 2010

I love award shows!! I can’t wait for the fashion recaps on E! (Although I miss the days when Joan Rivers ran the show)

The only dress that stands out in my mind was for WORST dressed, and that was Tina Fey!! I was so sad– I LOVE her! But that dress just was not doing it for me!

24 Ameena January 18, 2010

I love Jennifer Garner and her dress! She always looks so wholesome!!

25 sham January 18, 2010

I love carrot spice nut muffins. Right now I have been enjoying the breakfast pudding. I am going to be putting cocoa powder in the next one! Missed the globes but love looking at the dresses online.

26 kaytee kedzz January 18, 2010

loveee that quote! i much rather discover a new delish vegan dish than a star, it is soo worth it :)

27 Beth @ DiningAndDishing January 18, 2010

I looove Drew’s dress – I’m just not sure about that thing on the hip?? I think if that wasn’t there she’d be my top pick for best dressed on the night :)

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 18, 2010

Agreed!

29 Kalli@fitandfortysomething January 18, 2010

those muffins look great and your pics are so nice!

30 Allison January 18, 2010

I didn’t catch the Golden globe awards last night, but from your recap I pretty much didn’t have to lol
I totally had a dream about you last night, i drove all the way out to toronto from Sask, your house wasn’t like the pictures at all, and we were blogging together lol you were super sweet though, so thats good!

31 Caitlin January 18, 2010

I thought Olivia Wilde, Sandra Bullock, Jen Aniston and Courtney Cox looked stunning!

32 jessica @ how sweet January 18, 2010

I love the golden globes and all the award shows. I am a celeb freak! These muffins sound so tasty too. :)

33 Elis January 18, 2010

Hey Angela! Those muffins look yummo. Need to make em soon. Anyway, I’ve commeneted on your posts before but not that often and I’ve never actually commented on a post that you posted that same day. So I made it a point to do so today. I am 16 years old and recovering from an eating disorder. It’s been a little over a month. And I can honestly say that your website has helped me a whole lot in this tough ordeal. I just want to thank you so much. And your post yesterday was impossible to describe. I am still a very VERY obssesive calorie counter and I wish it could end already. It takes up so much of my time! Food is an obssesion for me, and I can honestly say that 90% of my thoughts revolve around food, and I wish that wasn’t the case. The other 10% of my thoughts revolve around exercise (which I am also addicted/obssesed with, lol!) Coincidentally, yesterday morning while eating breakfast with my mom, she told me that I was too obssesed and that I needed a way to stop. Tell me something I don’t know, right!? And then, I type in http://www.ohsheglows.com in my browser, and there’s a post discussing the very same subject! Angela, are you a mind reader or something? Lol. Anyway, it helped me, even if it was just a little bit. Last night, we went to a Vegan restaurant called Sublime (it’s in South Florida, so make sure to try it out when you come down). There are no “calorie counts” for this website, and thought at times I felt like I might have an anxiety attack not knowing (okay maybe not THAT bad, lol), I kept on replaying the words written on yesterdays post. And it helped. I ate a little bit of everything and enjoyed it oh so much! Thanks Angela! Keep doing what you’re doing because you’re awesome at it.

34 Christy January 18, 2010

What pretty muffins! I love the zest w/ the banana slices!

35 Marina January 18, 2010

Wonderful muffin recipe, I can’t wait to try it!

36 Lauren January 18, 2010

I have seen you and other bloggers use spelt flour and I was wondering what that was exactly. Why do you choose that over regular whole wheat flour? Just curious and trying to learn some new things. Those muffins look great!

37 pam landy January 18, 2010

I’m glad that I didn’t say anything that ruined the episodes of 24 for you! It’s definitely worth the 2 hour watch. There’s another 2 hrs of it on tonight!! In Canada is it always on cable? In the states it is on basic tv, fox network.

38 lindsey January 18, 2010

wow, those muffins make me want a juicer!

♥ lindsey

39 Adam January 18, 2010

Wow, those muffins look awesome… If only i had time before school to make those, maybe if i wake up at 5 tomorrow? It looks like it would be worth it!

40 Mae @ OhhMay January 18, 2010

What a fantastic way to use leftover pulp! It probably adds so much fiber and texture to the muffins. Does the moisture content of fresh fruit change the outcome of the recipe??

41 Jenny January 18, 2010

Olivia Wilde is absolutely stunning, I love her! I thought Amy Adams looked especially cute, and she was so glamorously pregnant ;)

So glad to hear your early rising challenge is going well! I’m definitely more productive in the mornings, and I think I may join you and try getting up closer to 6. Right now my earliest is 7:15ish since I’ve been on vacation.

42 Angela January 18, 2010

those muffins looks good! I love banana nut muffins, lemon poppyseed, any kind of berry muffin!

43 Bronwyn January 18, 2010

Those muffins look absolutely delicious! Yummy!

I really have to start trying some of the recipes you post on your blog. :p Other then the green monster. ;)

44 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 18, 2010

Those muffins look fabulous :-) My favorite flavors are banana-nut or cinnamon – mmm I love cinnamony flavors!

45 Tammy January 18, 2010

I normally don’t like awards shows, but the Golden globes were funny! I didn’t care for Drew Barrymore’s dress, personally…but I did like the dresses of Kate Hudson, Emily Blunt, Cameron Diaz and Kristen Bell…Did you watch 24 last night??? I knew the brother of the foreign president was trouble! Don’t forget the premiere continues tonight!

46 Chelsea January 18, 2010

I feel the same way about mornings-it’s my “me” time. You are quite right that you slept like a cat and not a baby-babies don’t sleep that well but cats sure as heck do!

47 Maureen January 18, 2010

I was just wondering if there are many nutrients and much flavour left in the pulp once the juicer is finsihed with it. The muffins look great.
As for the awards I think there was a collective jaw drop when Halle Berry came out.

48 Erin January 18, 2010

Those muffins look fantastic! My favorite is banana pecan!

49 Melinda January 18, 2010

Cute looking muffins. I love oat bran with cranberry muffins and also banana bread muffins. I didn’t get to see the awards last night, not sure if they were aired anywhere over here.

50 Sophie @ yumventures January 18, 2010

I just love Meryl Streep, and was so happy for her to win for her part as Julia Child. I feel that Julie and Julia speaks to all of the food bloggers out there :) What a fabulous actress!

51 Paige @ Running Around Normal January 18, 2010

What a fabulous idea!
We got a juicer for Christmas, and it always kinda bums me out to see the vibrant, fibrous, juice pulp get thrown out. Totally gonna try to make carrot cake with carrot pulp!

52 Lauren January 18, 2010

I love chocolate chips. Dark chocolate. YUM.

53 amanda@thegrainsofparadise January 18, 2010

I DID watch the Globes last night and it was really fun. I thought as a whole everyone looked beautiful! Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Penelope Cruz, Jodie Foster and Jennifer Anistan to name a few….Oh and George of course!

54 Tania January 18, 2010

that muffin recipe looks great!…i just may rush home from work tonight to bake up a batch!

55 Gracie @ Girl Meets Health January 18, 2010

I think the best dressed female was Emily Blunt. I just loved the paleness of the dress with her chocolate brown hair!

56 Kate January 18, 2010

Jennifer Aniston always looks so beautiful and classy! :) I agree, Gracie. Emily Blunt looked beautiful as well!

My favorite muffin is the traditional blueberry. Oh.My.Goodness!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know what it is about it, but it has to be moist, very large, and complimented with a coffee with cream only. Best Ever!

57 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 18, 2010

I love the banana slices on top! My favorite muffin is probably apple cinnamon :)

58 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 18, 2010

Great looking muffins! And Sketchie – too cute :)

59 Janna (Just Flourishing) January 18, 2010

I loved halle berry, she always looks stunning.

LOVE tropical flavors so those muffins sound amazing!!!

60 Courtney January 18, 2010

Grrr, I missed the Golden Globes! :( Her dress is stunning – she isn’t my favorite person though.

61 jessica January 18, 2010

I agree with you on all your picks except Drew Barrymore. I didn’t love her dress at all (or her hair). I’d replace Drew with Helen Mirren because she looked friggen fantastic!!

Also, those muffins look to die for! yum
I love all muffins especially blueberry, bran, and banana chocolate chip!

62 Anna January 18, 2010

These look delish! I love the little slice of banana in the top–very cute. Muffins are totally my favourite pre-workout snacks.

63 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 18, 2010

I don’t know how you can come up with recipes like this! How do you know how much wet and dry ingredients you need etc.?? Amazing!

64 angela @ a healthy fit January 18, 2010

Mmmm, those muffins look so tasty! You are so creative with your recipes.I think I need to get a juicer! I was wishing I had tv last night (we watch all of our shows online). Guess I’ll just have to wait for People to come out or look at some celebrity blogs!

65 Susan January 18, 2010

I made the muffins and they came out amaaazing!! I have a question..how do you store your muffins? in the fridge, in a tupperware on the counter? I’m always on the fence about this. I’d love your advice. Thanks!

66 One Healthy Apple January 19, 2010

Haha, I loved the picture of Sketchie! I also loved the quote under it :)!

I thought Reese Witherspoon looked great and I liked Sandra Bullock’s hair- so classic and beautiful!

My favorite muffins are pumpkin chocolate chip!

67 Katie January 19, 2010

I love making up muffin recipes! I posted a couple on my blog, but the butternut cranberry muffins were my favorite! http://makingfoodandotherstuff.wordpress.com/2009/12/05/fall-muffins/

68 Trail January 19, 2010

Pumpkin spice is my fave flavor. These look and sound delish. I’ll certainly keep them in mind even if they look a little more involved than my typical items.

The pic of Skechie is hilarious!

69 Baroque Diva January 19, 2010

LOL Happier than a pig in shit!!!! :) FAB. and CLASSY. LOL I loved Emily Blunt’s dress, but also Sandra Bullock’s bright purple strapless. She looked beautiful- but I LOVED The Young Victoria and wished Emily Blunt had won. Guess I should go to The Blind Side!

70 Heidi January 19, 2010

I was a big fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal’s dress, but she seemed a bit, well, drugged. I also thought Anna Paquin was stunning, but I’m a bit biased – True Blood is one of my favorite shows!
Worse dressed? Chloë Sevigny. Hands down. I was actually glad that it was ripped on stage. What a mess!

71 Lori January 22, 2010

I Loved Kate Hudson’s dress and emily blunts both were so pretty

72 Michal January 24, 2010

Yum these look simple and delish!

73 Kris June 19, 2014

WOW. My new favorite muffins! I used chopped kiwis for the fruit, and my soy yogurt was raspberry-fig flavored. Perfect. I think I’m going to make another batch to share with my coworkers. The goodness must be shared.