Merry Christmas From Our Family To Yours

IMG_8338

Yes, the Christmas antlers made it all the way to New Brunswick! ;)

I’m going to start the Christmas recap on the 23rd of December when Eric and I exchanged a few small gifts.

I got a really nice Vancouver Olympic 2010 running shirt!

IMG_7987

SPOONS for da kitchen…

IMG_7998

Eric got Professional knee pads and shop gloves for his renos (don’t mind the crazy pic of me wearing them..I was being a goof)

IMG_7996  IMG_8001

He also got a 4′ level and a screwdriver set:

IMG_8002 IMG_8005

I also got some PJ pants, lingerie, and a couple other small things!

We are hoping to buy each other bedroom furniture if we can find a deal!

Chillin with my ugly sweater peeps:

IMG_8006

Now onto…

Christmas Eve!

I was up super early to hit the treadmill for a 20 min hill workout before we left for the airport. I did 20 min. intervals at 4.0-4.2 mph at incline 15%. Intense and satisfying!

All packed up and ready to go…

IMG_8007IMG_8008

Yes, I wear my stilettos to the airport. I can’t help myself…I love them! But I balanced the glam with a cozy Lululemon hoodie ;)

We departed out of Hamilton this year. OMG it was so much better than Toronto!!! Look how dead it was:

IMG_8009

It was also at least $200 cheaper departing out of Hamilton. We will be departing from here as much as possible in the future!!!

Airport snacks included Mary’s Crackers:

IMG_8015

Timmy’s Green Tea and a high protein pita and hummus I threw together in the morning:

IMG_8010

An airport banana (best option there was!) and some all natural hand sanitizer by Clean Well that I got as a sample at the Health Food Trade Show:

IMG_8013 IMG_8014

The sanitizer is made from plant oils and kills 99.9% of bacteria. It has a nice smell but is a tad bit sticky when going on the hands. It does absorb after a couple mins though! Just not as quick as the alcohol based ones. I would buy this myself for sure.

We arrived in New Brunswick around 4pm!

Teddy got the party started!!!

IMG_8214

BUT…too much partying can lead to holiday burn out…

IMG_8241

My dad got me some veggie chips (so cute!). They weren’t bad actually! Quite yummy.

IMG_8217

My dad made his famous homemade chili (it is a Christmas Eve tradition) and even made me a vegan version:

IMG_8226

The non-vegan- this was Eric’s bowl (I forgot to photograph mine!)

IMG_8233

His roll

IMG_8234

My dad, with my cousin Brit and I:

IMG_8250

IMG_8247

My dad and his girlfriend Colleen :) She is super nice…I love her!

IMG_8220

We be jammin’

IMG_8240

We sat around the table for a long time and gabbed away. That is my Uncle Gary (dad’s brother) on the right.

IMG_8243

Then my BEST FRIEND came over with her hubby Matt!!!!

IMG_8256

We hadn’t seen them since my wedding!

Allison and I have been best friends since Grade 7. I love her! Guess what? She is completing dentistry school at Dal (shout out to all her friends who read the blog too!) this Spring! She is the smartest girl I know. :) She is going to be the best dentist ever!!!!

Al and I always joke about how similar Eric and Matt are. They have all the same interests (i.e. gaming and techie stuff). Eric and Matt were separated at birth I’m pretty sure!!!

Little Drummer…Girl?

Then we all got lessons on my dad’s drums. My dad has been a drummer since he was 14 years old and I must say he is really good.

I didn’t think I was going to like it, but I loved it!

Here I was telling my dad ‘ok, don’t get carried away I haven’t even mastered two beats at once yet!’

IMG_8261

Look how cute Al is! :D

IMG_8272

Eric was the best out of all of us.

IMG_8252

Tip: It is easier to learn the drums after a glass of wine!

IMG_8264

Off to bed…

IMG_8276

to rest up for…Christmas morning!!!!!

Eric and I both tossed and turned all night. It is always hard being in a different bed!

I was super pumped that I could have my Green Monster while away:

IMG_8290

It kept me full for 3-3.5 hours thanks to the Hemp Protein Powder (15 grams PRO). It’s good! I like it better than the Manitoba Harvest Hemp 70 that I have been using (it has 21 grams PRO though).

IMG_83081

By the way- in the photo above I am wearing the Everyday Minerals ‘Everyday Glo’ mineral make-up. I love this stuff when I am in a rush. I woke up and just dusted some on and it gives me such a nice finish! Quick and easy.

Dad and Eric had Eggs, toast, and ham! Colleen had cereal:

IMG_8312 IMG_8313

Then it was time to open GIFTS!

Stocking stuffers:

IMG_8320 IMG_8321 IMG_8322 IMG_8323 IMG_8324 IMG_8319

Gifts…

IMG_8364

IMG_8336

It’s a computer screen cleaner:

IMG_8354

IMG_8341

IMG_8343

Lululemon sent me this awesome ‘hockey helmet’ hat and I knew my dad would LOVE it. My sister and I also got him a Montreal Canadians jersey. He has been a huge fan since he was young.

IMG_8351

IMG_8357

Gorgeous earrings from Allison. They are from a store called What On Earth in the Maritimes and they have awesome jewelry.

IMG_8360

Eric and my dad are at Blockbuster renting The Hangover. Eric and I have seen it, but my dad and Colleen have not. It is one of my favourite comedies so I am looking forward to watching it tonight!

~~~~

Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments on yesterday’s post. It was so nice to read them all this morning! :)

On Today’s Agenda:

• Un-turkey dinner
  • Exercise (I am also eyeing my dad’s exercise bike for some exercise…I’ve never been a fan of exercise bikes so it shall be interesting. I may bike while watching the movie???)
  • The Hangover
  • Skype with my family out West and Ontario

I hope you are enjoying your day!!!

When do you have your Christmas dinner? 24th, 25th, 26th?  Does your family have any ‘signature dishes’ that they always make?

Angela_Signature

Molly December 25, 2009

Oh my gosh- SO jealous of your running shirt and computer screen cleaner :) SO cute!!!
Im glad you had a fabulous christmas :)

Caitlin@TheTwentyFifthYear December 25, 2009

I love the running shirt and of course, all the photos of your family and gifts. I am so glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Also – can’t believe you rock heels in the airport – if I have two carry-on bags, that’s enough for me! :) xoxo

rebecca lustig December 25, 2009

What a perfect Christmas morning!

Have a very merry Christmas, darling
<3 rebecca

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie@.ca) December 25, 2009

We have Christmas dinner at my dad’s on Christmas eve, then my in-laws on Christmas day, and then we always have hot turkey sandwiches at my aunts or grandma’s on boxing day :-)

Merry Christmas Angela!!

skinnyrunner December 25, 2009

merry christmas!
we just watched the hangover too.

Bronwyn December 25, 2009

I LOVE the Hangover, so funny! My family usually has dinner the 25th, this year though my brother has to leave today! :( So we had dinner last night.
Our only food tradition is really the stuffing, wild rice, so good! And my dad totally makes a vegetarian friendly version for me. :)

Natasha December 25, 2009

I love all your photos!!!
With my fiance’s family normally have a Christmas Eve meal with whoever is about, and then do the gifts and another dinner when the rest of the family are together on the 27th… yes, that means waiting till the 27th for the gifts too… soooo hard sometimes ;-) On my side it changes every year, but in general there’s a Christmas eve dinner, and a Christmas Day Lunch and lots of decision making about which parent to spend which one with. Happy Christmas!!!

Aletheia December 25, 2009

I love your expressions! :) Nice photos of the family and friends. I find it so awesome that your dad plays the drums and loves the Canadiens! I was in Montreal last week and bought my brother a Carey Price t-shirt =D Hmm. Is your family in NB French-speaking?

Happy holidays!! :D

misti December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Angela!

Thank you for making an excellent food/health blog and for getting me into green monsters. I also thank you for having quality content—I recently unsubscribed from a few food blogs because they were too laden with photos (of the same things!) and too many giveaways.

Also, my friend Eliana bought GloBars for us for Christmas and we tried the Chocolate PeppyMint last night—delish! We even took photos that I am sure she will send to you! ;)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

george December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Angela!

Lara December 25, 2009

Does that hemp powder have the typical muddy taste that so many hemp powders have?
You know, re: the stilettos–years ago I read an article about safe air traveling and they said you should never wear heels on the plane because if there is a crash you are much more likely to survive if you are wearing flat shoes that have traction and that you can run in. To this day I can not bring myself to wear heels on the plane “just in case” LOL

Paige (Running Around Normal) December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, Angela! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I don’t know about the whole stillness on a plane dealio though ;-) You’re right, though, they do look fab!
That running shirt looks awesome!

Ameena December 25, 2009

What a great Christmas Day! Your dad is so cute…

We have different things for dinner every year. It’s always a challenge to try to come up with some new ideas. :)

*Andrea* December 25, 2009

merry christmas!!!! love all the gifts… and you’re a super cute reindeer ;)

Julie @savvyeats December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, Ange!

April Nguyen December 25, 2009

Angela,
Just wanted to let you know how much I love reading your blog every day! I’ve been reading for about a year now, and every day your entries inspire me to become a better, healthier person. Thank you so much for all the time you put into your blog and bakery!

-April

Valerie December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great time – I especially like the drumming pics! I’m so uncoordinated I probably would have been thinking the same thing.

I got some similar stuff in my stocking – La Senza gift card, candles, and the exact same kind of hand sanitizer! Haha! Must have been a deal on it somewhere ;)

Melinda December 25, 2009

Looks like you are having a great Christmas holiday! Great gifts, use them/wear them well and in good health!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama December 25, 2009

I loved this post! Looks like you had a blast over the past few days! That’s awesome that your dad made you vegan food – such a sweetie!

Cynthia (It All Changes) December 25, 2009

My favorite chili is actually vegan and made in a crockpot. I love it and have it on the menu for next week.

Our family dinner is always on Christmas day. On Christmas eve we would have breakfast for dinner.

My new traditions with Hunni are Chinese on Christmas Eve and then Christmas dinner on Christmas day.

Michelle December 25, 2009

haha so funny – my family and I just finished the Hangover!
Welcome back to NB, I’m an avid reader from Saint John :)
Have a Merry Christmas!

Lindsay December 25, 2009

I have a friend doing dentristry at Dal right now too!! Crazy!!

Merry Christmas Angela!

michelle December 25, 2009

I think I’m going to buy some of that hemp protein powder and star making breakfast shakes!

Kessa Thea December 25, 2009

Oh Weeeee!!! You are using a Dell XPS computer. Gotta love it! I enjoyed reading this post… :-)

Susan December 25, 2009

Yayy! Merry Moncton Christmas Ange ;) I flew to the Hamilton airport the last time I went to Ontario and it was SO much easier than doing the whole Toronto thing. Definitely worth the extra driving. So nice of your dad to veganize his famous chili for you too. Merry Christmas!!

erica December 25, 2009

merry christmas angela! thanks for sharing your holidays with us! i love the pics of you guys opening gifts!

Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind December 25, 2009

My family watched The Hangover, too! Love the computer screen cleaner and the shirt is so cute!

Kate December 25, 2009

Growing up we had our dinner on the 25th, but we now have it whenever my brother and his wife can come into town! I live close to my parents, so we’re on their agenda for the holidays. :) Our dinner was technically last Friday, but today my parents and I had a fondue dinner: tomato and blue cheese fondue with shrimp and bread, and an oil fondue with beef tenderloin. Dessert was a chocolate fondue with marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, and lady fingers. :) Mmm was it ever so tasty! Now it’s time to read a few chapters in my book and get a good nights sleep. Merry Christmas, Angela and everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Kristine December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas, Angela!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) December 26, 2009

merry xmas to you!

Katie December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! I love the ornament and the running shirt!

Trail December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! The ornament and earrings are beautiful! I’m glad you had a wonderful day :)

Leah December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!! Looks like you had a great one!

The Voracious Vegan December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! What a wonderful day you had, filled with yummy food, friends and family, it sounds perfect. I love all the sweet and thoughtful gifts, what fun!

Whole Body Love December 26, 2009

Looks like so much fun! I agree, wine makes any kind of learning more fun!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas, Ange! Looks like you are having a great time. :)

Jenny December 26, 2009

Glad you made it to your dad’s safely and enjoyed a wonderful Christmas! That computer screen cleaner is so cool, and definitely something I could use ;)

And it’s so great to see your dad so supportive of your vegan lifestyle, what a sweet guy!

Sarah December 26, 2009

That poor bear. Such a lightweight!

It looks like you had a great time! I’m glad you had such a great day!

gymbunnycoco December 27, 2009

cute gifts :)
we celebrate on the 25th in the UK
we had a delish mushroom nut roast and lots of veg!! xx

Page 1 of 212»