CTV Interview Success!!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 4, 2009

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Do I look calm to you guys??

Don’t be fooled!!

IMG_7765

This picture was taken just 5 mins. prior to the crew getting here. LOL.

IMG_7745

(Don’t mind the green forehead, that happened when I tried to remove the red eyes…lol)

My heart was POUNDING in anticipation!

Let’s rewind a bit though!

YESTERDAY:

I fully intended to do a fashion show last night and get you guys to vote on what I would wear for the TV interview, however the nerves were getting to me and I just couldn’t take one more piece of advice! I think I was just over-analyzing something that should have been easy!

Remind me not to ask my mom and two sisters for their opinion on outfits…hahaha. I sent them a few pictures and they all said something different. ;) Women! We are complex creatures aren’t we?

My trip to the mall yesterday was a huge FAIL.

I went into almost every single women’s clothing store in the mall and no one had a coloured blazer. The best I found was a pale grey blazer on sale for $20 bucks at Fairweather:

IMG_7501

However, this colour totally washed me out and I felt so blah in it!! So it was out.

I also made a great purchase at Old Navy and got some cheap lace tanks. I figured if anything I could have a BRIGHT POP of colour in my outfit! I love Old Navy!!! So cheap!

I got yellow, blue, and pink. Three of my fav colours.

IMG_7504IMG_7505

I actually managed to get a full 8 hours sleep last night and I had no problems falling asleep. Yippee.

This morning when my alarm went off I screamed ahhhhhhhhh in my head. I was nervous and knew a kick butt workout would have me feeling much better…

IMG_7782

I did a 45 min hill workout (Speed 4.1, incline 11%) followed by yoga and stretching. I’m so happy I re-introduced yoga into my life. It is so calming and centering.

I had ZERO appetite too. I could barely stomach water!!!!

IMG_7481

Then it was time to shower and do my hair and make-up!

Whenever I want my hair to look polished, I always blow it out with a big round brush. I polish it off by using my amazing Conair iron shown below. I love this thing. It gives you sort of that Jennifer Anniston circa 1998 bouncy hair look. ;) I flip out the ends.

IMG_7522 IMG_7521

Then it was time to do make-up!

I wanted to add more than usual, but still keep it natural looking. These pictures were taken with my 50 mm macro lens for close-up shots so you can see every pore and zit on my face, haha.

IMG_7497

I made sure to exfoliate any dry skin away this morning so I had a smooth base to work with.

For the eyes, I used a brown neutral shadow and black liner and I winged it out a bit. I used a very tiny bit of liner on my bottom lashes (only the outer half to avoid closing up my eyes). I then curled my lashes and used 3 coats of black mascara to make them pop.

For my skin, I lightly layered on the foundation. I followed this with bronzer and a little pink in the middle of my cheeks.

For the lips, I lined them (which I never do normally!) and used a lip stain close to my natural lip colour. I also rocked the beautiful earrings that Leah gave me as a Bridesmaid gift! Aren’t they nice?

IMG_7498

Then the cameraman and Reporter arrived shortly after noon!!!

To my delight, they were SO sweet and friendly. I felt right at home and very comfortable. My nerves went way down. They loved how we had the house set up and the cameraman was really excited to do some baking and office/computer shots! After chatting for about 10 minutes we got into the interview, held in our kitchen.

As you can see, for my outfit I selected the black blazer and bright pink lace tank. I felt so comfortable in it, so I knew it was the right choice.

Untitled

I thought I was going to be so intimidated by the big camera, but I barely even noticed it. The cameraman Sean was so nice so I felt at ease.

IMG_7750

He had a great trick too- The reporter and I were chatting and he was actually filming it! I had no idea that we had ‘started’ shooting yet, but it was a great way for me to ease into it naturally rather than just saying ok….5…4…3…2…

IMG_7748

Eric is working from home today…thank goodness. He is my rock. He got me to deep breathe this morning and gave me a mock interview. I love him!

IMG_7742

He also caught a bit of footage of the interview!!!!

It was a very short clip but it gives you an idea!!

Eric brought home this gorgeous Poinsettia plant as a prop for the interview! As you can see above it is in the background of my shot.

IMG_7487

After the interview, they shot my Glo Bars (!!!!!!) and then they got me ‘baking’ in the kitchen. haha. I was honestly just throwing ingredients into a bowl and trying to act natural. ;)

IMG_7770

The reporter said to me, “What flavour is this you are making?”

And I said, ‘I’m inventing a new flavour’ ;)

After the kitchen shots, it was off to our office! Sean wanted to film me browsing my Glo Bakery shopping cart as well as Oh She Glows.

I joked with OSGmom last night that I was going to get her on camera by putting her picture beside my screen. I actually asked Sean to capture it on video and he DID! Time will tell if it makes the cut…haha. ;)

IMG_7761

After the interview I felt sooooo relieved and excited! My nerves have been getting in the way and now I just feel plain old excited! I’m so proud of myself for going WAY out of my comfort zone and just doing it. You only live once!!! I also don’t care what I look like on TV…that was the anxiety talking Thursday!

I am just proud that I did it, had FUN, and tried to let my enthusiasm shine through.

I changed into my comfy clothes and took a quick rest to soak it all in.

IMG_7775

Then I had one of the most delicious Green Monsters ever!!! It was so refreshing!!!

IMG_7470

Tonight Eric and I are going out to dinner to celebrate!!!!! :D I can’t wait.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for all of your sweet comments, emails, and Tweets!!! I read some of them over this morning to calm my nerves. I couldn’t have done this without your encouragement!!!!!!!! I truly mean that. I have an amazing support system and I am so thankful for you guys.

The interview will air Sunday Dec 6, 2009 at 6pm and 11:30pm EST on CTV Toronto (Channel 8)!!!!! It will also be online so I will be providing the link so you all can watch.

PS- CONTEST WINNERS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela_Signature

PEACE. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

~Submitted by Caitlin!!! :)

El December 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Congratulations Angela! :)

Would there be any possible way of us Aussies being about to see the whole interview after it has been aired?

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 4, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Yes it will be online!! :) I will provide the link

Ryan @ Greens for Good December 4, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Congratulations!!!! So proud and excited for you!

Nikki T December 4, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Congrats!! Good for you for stepping out of that comfort zone- I would have been so nervous too!
I’m sure you will look beautiful on TV no matter what!

Looking forward to watching (thanks in advance for providing the link as I’m not sure if I have the right channel)

Have a great dinner out!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) December 4, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I was so excited for you just reading this post! :) Congratulations!

Brooke December 4, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Congrats on the interview and you looked fab! I died laughing “The reporter said to me, “What flavour is this you are making?” And I said, ‘I’m inventing a new flavour’” Very smooth!! :0)

MelissaNibbles December 4, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Congratulations!

K December 4, 2009 at 6:33 pm

You looked great and the clip you had sounds like it went well. I am excited to see it when it goes online! :) Glad to see you conquering your fears, its so inspiring! ;)
Enjoy your dinner out, you deserve it!
-K

Michelle @ Eatingjourney December 4, 2009 at 6:33 pm

that is AWESOME! Look how far you’ve come in over a year. Hating where you worked, feeling drained. To working your tail off, inventing a new awesome product and being on TV. It just goes to show that when you follow your heart and dreams..it falls into place. :)

Anne P December 4, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Congrats, girl! You look gorgeous and you sounded great! :) Can’t wait to see it!!

Susan December 4, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Yaayyy!! Can’t wait to watch on Sunday!! Funny what you said about the camera guy. Camera men are probably the nicest, friendliest people of any profession I’ve ever met. Must be a side effect of scaring people away with their giant cameras ;)

Laura Scholz December 4, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Congrats, Angela! So glad it went well. And you are definitely glowing!

Lynda December 4, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I’m proud of you! You give me inspiration. Thanks <3

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama December 4, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Awesome! You looked BEAUTIFUL!

Patrice December 4, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I love that you were so genuinely excited about it all along- the anxiety was just hiding it earlier! Was it anything like pre-race nerves? Because for me, those were the WORST- but afterwards the payoff was so great that I totally forgot I had been nervous at all. Anyway, congratulations! Excited to see the clip!

Sana December 4, 2009 at 6:41 pm

AHHHHHHHHHH! I am so proud of you! You look AMAZING! I can’t wait to see it :)!

Chrysta December 4, 2009 at 6:42 pm

You looked so beautiful!! Congrats on the interview! Looks like you did a fantastic job=) That must have been nerve wracking! I know I would have been nervous anyways. But you looked so calm and well put together! Good job girl! Have a wonderful rest of the day. =)

Ameena December 4, 2009 at 6:46 pm

You look like a natural on camera. I can’t wait to see the online version! Congratulations again, you deserve it!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) December 4, 2009 at 6:52 pm

You look great & comfortable, and I’m sure the interview went swimmingly – can’t wait until we can see what clips they pick!
What great press for Glo Bakery!

One Healthy Apple December 4, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Congrats on your amazing accomplishment! You looked beautiful and confident to me!

Kristine December 4, 2009 at 6:56 pm

That’s awesome. How wonderful for you and your growing business.

Kim December 4, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Congrats! I am incredibly camera shy not to mention super anxious anytime I feel as though “all eyes are on me” so I can only imagine what a situation like this would feel like. By accomplishing this and being so honest about the whole thing online, you’re an inspiration to so many readers out here. It’s clear you did an amazing job, and I can’t wait to see the full interview online!

Maria December 4, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Glad your interview went so well! I’m proud of youfor overcoming your anxiety and kicking butt!!!

'Dee December 4, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Yayyy! Great job, Ange! You look lovely. Can’t wait to see.

Shannon (The Daily Balance) December 4, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Congrats, Ange!

You are such a natural and of course you looked beautiful!

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) December 4, 2009 at 7:12 pm

How exciting Angela!!! Can’t wait to see it :)

Jenny December 4, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Congrats Angela!! You are absolutely GLOWING in all of your pictures, I bet the interview will be a hit! :)

Jenna December 4, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Aww sweetie, you are just glowing with happiness!!! Congrats, we are all so proud of you!

VeggieGirl December 4, 2009 at 7:15 pm

YYYYYYYES!!!!!!! Be sure to post more clips after it airs, for us American viewers ;)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 4, 2009 at 7:17 pm

CONGRATS ANGE!!! You look beautiful!!!! And so calm :)

You’ve got perfect movie star teeth!!!

Have a great time out!

Diane Doesn't Diet December 4, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Congrats!! That is so exciting and must be such a great feeling :) Can’t wait to see the whole thing. Have fun at dinner!

Molly @thevegandorm December 4, 2009 at 7:17 pm

congrats! you look beautiful and classy! hopefully we can see the full interview later!

Tay December 4, 2009 at 7:20 pm

You look gorgeous!!! Congrats! :-)

Mama Pea December 4, 2009 at 7:22 pm

You look fantastic and despite your nerves, it looks like it went so smoothly. Please post the full interview when it airs so I don’t have to move to Canada :)

EaterNotARunner December 4, 2009 at 7:22 pm

You look absolutely beautiful!! I bet you did great, hopefully it will be online for us all to see :-)

liane December 4, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Congrats! I’m super excited to watch on sunday!

Kristie Lynn December 4, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Yay you did it! Can’t wait to see the online clip :-D

natalie December 4, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Sounds like you were a natural! Way to go girly! How fun! Such a great experience!!

Tiffany S. December 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm

You looked gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! You must be soooo glad that’s over. So excited for you!!! This is BEEG!

Bronwyn December 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Congratulations! That’s a stupendous feat. :) You go girl.

Lizzie December 4, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Go Angela!! You look amazing!! Perfect spokesperson for Glow Bars :) Thanks for the non-comfort zone inspiration!

Janna December 4, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Congrats on the interview! That’s so great. You look beautiful!

I can’t wait to watch the interview!!

Allison December 4, 2009 at 7:43 pm

That’s so exciting. Congrats and I can’t wait to watch the interview. You looked stunning!

Carolyn December 4, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Congrats!! Glad it went well.

Jil December 4, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Congratulations, again! You looked wonderful!

Tami December 4, 2009 at 7:53 pm

i love being so proud of blogging friends.

Mo December 4, 2009 at 7:53 pm

YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!

You looked and sounded amazing!!

I just ate a Glo Bar while at my desk at work and then remebered to check the site again for an update on the filming…and poof, there is was! I hope that we get to see it in it’s entirety some day!

Lauren Modeen December 4, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Super happy for you. You have a way of showing women everywhere what is possible, and for this, we all thank YOU.

MB December 4, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Congratulations! You look absolutely beautiful and confident and I hope the TV interview results in massive sales.

I tried my first Green Monster yesterday and it was delicious. I have to do some shopping to put more healthy stuff in it. I’m looking forward to trying different fruits. What is your favorite?

Leah December 4, 2009 at 8:11 pm

That is SO awesome!!
Fortnuately my landlords have me set up with satellite and I get CTV for all provinces!! Im so going to be tuning in!!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty December 4, 2009 at 8:16 pm

I’m sure you did sooooooooooooo good!!! :) I’m sure you “glowed” on TV!! :)

Can’t wait to see it!

Marilyn December 4, 2009 at 8:33 pm

You look totally relaxed (and gorgeous)! Congrats on your interview, Angela. That is so incredibly exciting :)

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) December 4, 2009 at 8:35 pm

So excited to see it online! I have NO DOUBT you did an awesome job. I haven’t been following your blog for too long but for the time I have, I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have been inspired many times!

Cynthia (It All Changes) December 4, 2009 at 8:49 pm

I knew you’d do great. And I’m sure that OSGMom loved being a part of the interview :-)

Stephanie December 4, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Wowwow!! So happy for you!!!

Audrey December 4, 2009 at 9:22 pm

OMG! I’m so excited and happy for you. Seriously, it made me feel glowy just reading this post. I’m sure you did such a beautiful job!!! I can’t wait to see the whole thing.

Priyanka December 4, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Yay..you did it!You look smashing and calm! Can’t wait for the video!

Karla December 4, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Congratulations on a great interview! You look fabulous!!

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness December 4, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Congrats Ange! I can’t wait to see the final interview. I think it is amazing that you went outside of your comfort zone and accomplished this with such grace!!! You should be SO INCREDIBLY proud of yourself! :)

Make sure to ask the station for copies– it’s really easy for them to make copies of the news clip and send it to you!

Tania @ Moment Anew December 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm

CTV!!!! OMG that is MAJOR!!
So proud of you! This is going to take you to a whole new level with your bakery!!! So happy for you! :)

Bridget December 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm

You look GORGEOUS Angela!!! I’m so proud of you for going out of your comfort zone. It would take a lot of courage for me to do something like that, as I get nervous and anxious in those situations (i’m workin’ on it though).

I’m looking forward to the interview when it airs on ctv! YAY!

Bridget December 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I’m looking forward to the interview when it airs on ctv! YAY!

Bridget December 4, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Oops! Didn’t mean to publish that comment twice

Danica December 4, 2009 at 10:01 pm

You look fabulous!! I LOVED reading the recap and hearing the excitement. I can’t wait to watch it – so fun!

lizzy December 4, 2009 at 10:03 pm

well first of all congratulations!!! you are truly living your dream and that is AMAZING!

in the picture where your forehead is green..i thought maybe for a second you were actually turning into a green monster ;-)

you look SOOO happy in the picture of you lying on your couch in comfy clothes! You can just see your excitement shining through!

you are such an inspiration!

Kristy December 4, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Good for you Ange! You looked adorable. What a neat accomplishment. I am sure your family is so very proud. Thanks for all the great information and neat things you put on your blog. Thank you hugely for introducing the Green Monster. Kristy :)

Lindsay December 4, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Congrats! I can’t wait to watch it :)

Erin @ Living and Loving In L.A. December 4, 2009 at 10:18 pm

You’re awesome! You looked amazing and sounded great! I wish I could see the whole thing! Let me know if you can post it!
Congratulations!!!!

Niki (Running In Pink) December 4, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Congratulations!! You looked gorgeous, of course, and it looks like you really had a blast. Can’t wait to watch the final product online on Sunday!! Way to go!!

krista December 4, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Congratulations–that is wonderful.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Quick question-can you tell me the name of Conair styler and where you purchased? Thanks!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 4, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Congratulations :) You look absolutely stunning and your eyes are just full of energy and happiness – which I am SURE will come across on camera :) You look so happy and content in the picture taken after the interview!

The Voracious Vegan December 5, 2009 at 12:13 am

CONGRATULATIONS! This is incredibly excited, you are SO awesome! You looked absolutely gorgeous and you sound so at ease and relaxed in front of the camera – I can’t believe you said you were nervous!!! I don’t see it AT ALL!

Well done!

kilax December 5, 2009 at 12:14 am

Congrats! It sounds like you nailed it! I am excited to see the full interview! :)

stina December 5, 2009 at 12:21 am

Congrats Angela! From the clip it looks like it’s going to be really great! You should be very proud of yourself!

As a side note Old Navy is great!!!

Stephanie December 5, 2009 at 12:29 am

I apologize if you’ve already been asked and answered this question before, but I’m wondering re. the incline on your treadmill. At my gym it goes by numbers, not %. Any idea on the comparison?
Thanks!

Meagan December 5, 2009 at 1:03 am

Angela, you are so beautiful!!! I’m so thrilled it went well for you!!! I can’t wait to see the full interview.
By the way, your house looks amazing, too! :-D

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 5, 2009 at 1:07 am

I am so excited for you! You are such an inspiration! Gorgeous, confident and amazing!

Julie @ Wearing Mascara December 5, 2009 at 1:30 am

YAY!!!! How exciting!! Congrats!

Tamara December 5, 2009 at 1:39 am

You look great! Great outfit pick. Congrats!

*Andrea* December 5, 2009 at 2:03 am

congrats girl! you are glowing :) hair + makeup + outfit = perfect for oh she glows

Jolene December 5, 2009 at 2:41 am

That is SO exciting!!!! I cannot wait to watch the news on Sunday!!

Kelly December 5, 2009 at 2:59 am

I can’t wait to watch it when you get it online, you are amazing!

Sam (from sgp) December 5, 2009 at 4:56 am

Congrats Angela! And you look awesome!

cheers
sam

Melinda December 5, 2009 at 5:32 am

Very cool and congrats. I am in a hurry now so I look forward to watching the clip. It’s funny you mentioned that about the camera man just talking to you and not knowing he was filming. When I did my last interview for the news the same thing happened. I bet it is a camera man trick, btu it works and I was thankful for it.

Marta December 5, 2009 at 6:41 am

Hello Angela,

You loje beautiful at tha pictures.
I am very hapy tha everything got the way you wish.
Let me tell you that you are amazing. Your blog is very important to me, my live in this moment isn´t in a very good moment, so your blog is a healp to me.
Kisses
Marta

Pam December 5, 2009 at 9:46 am

Well done Ange! You looked and did great..Congrats!

Enjoy!

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) December 5, 2009 at 9:50 am

Bask in this moment for as long as you can. What a great accomplishment.

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) December 5, 2009 at 9:52 am

P.S. That video is adorable. You are smiling the whole time!

Laura December 5, 2009 at 10:02 am

Congratulations!! You look fantastic.

Gillian December 5, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I can’t wait to see the interview tomorrow night!! I will be tuning into CTV for sure!!

girlrunningaround December 5, 2009 at 8:20 pm

I know I’m a little late, but CONGRATS! What a wonderful opportunity! I’m sure you rocked it!

Chef Chuck December 6, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Hello,You did a very good job from what I could see! Good luck to you! I know about the nerves. I have been doing live cooking broadcasts for NBC. I love It!! Enjoy!:)

Marianne December 6, 2009 at 10:40 pm

It wasn’t just on CTV in Toronto, they just showed it as part of a piece on holiday shopping/online shopping here in CTV BC. I was sitting in the kitchen, writing a paper, and heard “Oh She Glows” from the tv, so I had to bolt out there to see what it was about.

Of course, the first thing my mom says after the news story is “See, you could do that”. LOL.

Marianne December 6, 2009 at 10:41 pm

PS – too bad the reporter kept calling you Andrea instead of Angela in her voice over spots.

Whit December 7, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Congrats Ange! I know you did great!