Biscuits Aren’t Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Good morning!

My weekend was a complete blur…I ended up baking and packaging 400 Glo bars on Saturday and Sunday. Ummm…hell to the yea!!!

Speaking of Glo Bars, check out this Glo Bar giveaway on The Healthy Diary!

It was a craaaazy weekend, for both Eric and I.

I almost passed out in a ball on the floor when I attempted to do Whittle My Middle Sunday night. The ab challenge is still going well. I actually can’t believe it has been 19 days. You can check out my workouts this weekend on my Run page and my Abs page, as always.

This morning it was quite cold in the house so I decided to try out a hot (as in temperature, not spice) green monster. This was my second time having a hot Green Monster. I made one back in September, trying to recreate the hot juice I had at Fresh.

IMG 7337 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Hot Chocolate Banana Green Monster

Ingredients:

• 3 cups cooked spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing meal powder
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 cup hemp milk

After blending, I heated it in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stirred it well.

IMG 7334 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

The result was pretty blah. I much prefer my green monsters cold!!!! This just didn’t taste refreshing to me at all. I will stick to my Green tea to warm me up and keep the GM’s cold. ;)

IMG 7344 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

FYI: Project Feed Me Week 8 items are up!

Now onto the renos of the weekend!

In case you don’t remember…this is what our entry way looked like back in January 2009 when we first started working on it. We stripped the wall paper on the wainscoting and the border (not shown below) to start with.

img 5070 thumb6   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Here I am in January 2009 scraping it off.

IMG 4942 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

It was not fun and took us hours and hours and hours!

We sort of abandoned the front entry way for a few months because we started working on other renos, like the family room and living room.

Last week, we finally picked out the paint colours for the entry way. It took us about a week to decide. We knew we wanted the colour light and neutral.

IMG 7347 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Eric’s job this weekend was priming! My job was baking up my orders. We both put in long 14 hour days both Saturday and Sunday. What a team.

IMG 7361 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

I was so happy because I convinced Eric to buy the Non-VOC paint!!!!!!

Wow, what a world of difference. It was just wonderful not breathing in the nasty fumes. It is worth it for our health and the environment.

Our friend Steve came over to help, and it went by so much quicker. Plus, Eric had someone to chat with. I had the music blasting in the kitchen and it was a very high energy day. That is until I hit my ‘I can’t bake another batch’ wall around 7pm.

IMG 7370 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Don’t worry, this 70′s style crystal chandelier is on its’ way out. Do you think we can sell it on Ebay??? ;) I picked out a new chandelier for my birthday back in May and it has been sitting in the box ever since! Eric and the boys will be putting the new one up next week.

Until then, we rock it 70′s vibes in our house…a disco ball perhaps?

IMG 7372 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

They didn’t have time to prime the Cotton Candy Hallway. It looks even more pink next to the stark white! Eric will start this pink hallway tonight. We also forgot about the front closet (shown right). Agh! So that needs to be done too…and empty out all the stuff and donate it to good will.

IMG 7373 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table AnymoreIMG 7380 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

It looks so much better even with just the primer on! The boys did great work.

IMG 7365 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Before and mid-way: (don’t mind the reno mess!)

img 5070 thumb7   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table AnymoreIMG 7383 thumb   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Cute story about Sketchie: Every time we walk up or down the stairs, he runs under the plastic and runs along the side of the stairs to scare us, lol. So cute.

Next up after priming the pink hallway is painting the colour on the walls. We chose Biscuit by Sherwin Williams and Pure White by SW (for wainscoting). I think it will be really nice and bright.

Long term goals for the front entry way:

• New flooring (we are thinking slate)
  • Paint the front door to make it ‘pop’ (any colour ideas?)
  • Furniture (I’d love a nice cabinet- will probably thrift one off Craigslist)
  • Art for walls

~~~~
Do you have any walls in your current place that you are desperate to change the colour? Have you ever lived somewhere where you hated the colours on the walls? Did you change them?

Back in university, I rented a house with some other girls. Eric and I removed all of the glued-on (and smoke stained) yellow wallpaper. It took forever because of the glue. Then we painted my bedroom a beautiful forest green (accent wall) and pale lavender. It looked so much better. I also had a bathroom that was the nastiest shade of green that you can imagine. I was too lazy to do anything about it though and just lived with it.

Fresh paint can do wonders- just like a new haircut!

I hope you enjoyed your (holiday) weekend! :) Let the Christmas season officially BEGIN!!

Angela Signature thumb38   Biscuits Arent Just For The Dinner Table Anymore

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 30, 2009

Your entry way is gorgeous! Will you decorate that staircase for Christmas? I do it and I love it!! :)

Courtney November 30, 2009

I am sooooo fussy about paint colors it takes me forever to pick one out! Right now I have 3 samples painted on our hallway, I can’t decide which one and will probably try out 3 more samples.
I love the staircase in your house…so dramatic!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

Mellissa November 30, 2009

It looks so much better without the pink! I am very picky about paint colors, when I moved into the husbands house he didn’t have a single wall with color on it. It was all white! We now have a red bathroom, and a yellow dining room/kitchen. Finally color!

Pam November 30, 2009

Beautiful!

Enjoy!

VeggieGirl November 30, 2009

You are quite the baker!! Man oh man :)

Can’t wait to see the new chandelier!!

rhodeygirl November 30, 2009

Looks great Angela!!!

I asked PB to have his place painted before I moved in. Not only were the walls semi-gross, but the colors kind of, well, sucked. HA! So I picked out pretty neutral yellows and blues and whites and the place looks GREAT now! I especially love our kitchen which is this warm cafe latter color!

Jil November 30, 2009

The entryway looks great with just the primer! Can’t wait to see the end result! Also, love the glass that your GM is in! So pretty!

Anna November 30, 2009

OH my goodness, I think I am in LOVE with your gorgeous staircase! I wasn’t a blog follower back in January, so missed the first pictures you posted and had never seen these beautiful stairs before. :)

My husband and I are still in an apartment until I finish my master’s program, and because most of my classes are online I’m home working all day. In our first apartment, we didn’t paint and I almost went crazy looking at the jail-cell dingy, off white walls all day, every day. When we moved, we painted our bedroom a great light blue and our family/dining/kitchen a butterscotch color. SO much better!

kelly November 30, 2009

Your entryway is gorgeous!

skinnyrunner November 30, 2009

both houses we’ve lived in, we’ve completely renovated, like tore down walls and everything. but sometimes just a fresh coat of paint can brighten up a room and make it look like new! and its so much easier than building a wall….

Alex November 30, 2009

The dance floor… errr…. entryway looks amazing! I can’t wait to see the final product- the yellow tones will warm it up so well with the wood staircase!
I think that you could totally ebay or craigslist the light fixture. Maybe CL is easier though, because you don’t have to worry about shipping it?

Jessie (Vegan-minded) November 30, 2009

Your entryway looks awesome already! I can’t wait to see it with the new paint. I am currently in the process of painting almost every room in my house. It is hard to find time, so everything is a work in progress right now, as I’m sure you can understand. I just painted my dining room area a soft pear green and I love it! Painting really makes a huge difference for a pretty low cost. :)

blissfulbellas November 30, 2009

wow your house is gorgeous..i cannot wait to start to have my own place like that! good luck on the renovations!

Estela @ Weekly Bite November 30, 2009

I love renovations! Please keep us updated!

Paint color can do WONDERS to a room! I love all the Restoration Hardware Colors! You can’t go wrong!

Cindy November 30, 2009

oh boy, we just renovated our entire house a year ago. LOTS of work! And I adore my colors now…before, not so much!

and I agree, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders!

Thanks for sharing…I love the detailing of your home!

so beautiful.

Kristina November 30, 2009

HA HA ! Biscuit… I read that title and was excited to see an Angela redo, a healthy maybe GF biscuit or something… then got caught up reading about your exciting renos, forgetting about biscuits until I saw the paint color.

Maybe I’ll have to work on a biscuit recipe today…

Melinda November 30, 2009

Sadly this island is a mold heaven and we need to repaint soon. Here they just repaint and repaint and well repaint some more to cover over the darn mold.

Allison November 30, 2009

my second house that i bought, here’s the story, the house had A LOT of wood paneling.. ew! the master bedroom had it too, yuck. the bathroom off the master had the nastiest dizziest wallpaper. The first spare room was bright pink, wasn’t too bad i guess. But the other room was “themed” the previous owners painted it really bad.. tan walls with cactus’. they made it a desert theme. it was terrible! haha

Claire November 30, 2009

I’m doing renos to my house,too.I believe there is a special place in Hell for whoever created wall paper.Most of my time is spent removing it.Blah!!It will all be worth it once it’s over and done with.I still need a color for my bathroom, but the kitchen is Lemon Chiffon from Sherwin Williams.cc

Brittney November 30, 2009

I love your front entryway! It looks so nice and I can’t wait to see the final product :)

Bree (beeskneeslife) November 30, 2009

Pulling wallpaper is the worst! We have taken it out of our kitchen and bathroom now. It’s so much better without it. We recently finished a renovation of our one and only tiny bathroom. I love it though. It’s now my favorite room in the house!

Natasha November 30, 2009

WOW!!! You have such a lovely, huge entryway. I have a thing for red doors, but I’m not sure if that’s the sort of ‘pop’ you have in mind. Red does look nice with slate, though be careful to get ultra smooth slate (traditional slate is a nightmare to clean and will rip mops to shreds).

Bronwyn November 30, 2009

I wish I could paint my room here at rez. Everything is just such a blah white. Not to mention slightly dirty….

Ah well.

At home I painted over my purple and cat wall paper (removed that..) in my bedroom a couple years ago. It’s not a beautiufl yellow.

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness November 30, 2009

I love it! I worked at a home improvement store for several years during college, and just love home renovation projects.
I vote for a RED DOOR! It’s apparently a welcoming color that represents hospitality. Plus, I just love how red doors look! Keep us posted on which color you decide on :-)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty November 30, 2009

Your entry way is sooo beautiful. That color will be amazing.

As for bad paint colors, our current house had a 2 tone hot pink room with a princess mural painted on the walls. And they were kind enough to leave the hot pink camo curtains too!! EEK.. Plus at the time we had a male roommate moving into that room!! hehe

Icky!!

liane November 30, 2009

Alright, I thought your post was going to be on some new addition to the Glo Bakery… mmmmm biscuits! And I see yet another person renovating! I have not yet had the pleasure of that experience, but many, many of friends have. I’m the friend that shows up at your door with a tray of lasagna and a (few) bottles of wine. I’ve found this distracts my friends from having meltdowns :) Also, it distracts them from putting me to work!
All the best of the continuing renos, they look fantastic. Love the old chandelier by the way….

Diana November 30, 2009

WOW! Looking better already! I think it will be a very clean and fresh looking entry way when all is said and done. I love slate tile! Can’t wait to see the finished product!
Diana

Diana November 30, 2009

oh p.s. I love the look of a black front/garage door!

charlene November 30, 2009

just a tip Angela…slate at the ‘entry’ of the foyer is great (easy clean up etc) but don’t carry it all the way through to the rest of the house – it is echo-y and so cold in the winter…i would put hardwood…learned from my mistake doing the same thing 2 houses ago…didn’t do it in my current house and am so glad…

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 30, 2009

I’d definitely list the 70s chandelier- you might get some sweet cash for it- it’s funky!!

OMG when we moved into our house, it was perfect- IF you lived there in the 80s. We moved in in the 90s. Yellow kiddie room (with duckies), blue office, burgundy master, vomit green bathroom, peach bathroom and heinous kitchen. Needless to say we remodeled. Then about a month ago we re-remodeled the 90s kitchen. Not gonna lie, I find it rather stressful to remodel.

You guys are doing a great job.

Ruby November 30, 2009

Wow, what a huge different just the primer is. It already looks lovely, can’t wait to see the final results! Have you already posted pictures of your new chandelier? Would love to see what it looks like. The old one’s not so bad, very retro :) Definitely think you’d find some takers for it. Hope you get some rest, busy girl!

Mary November 30, 2009

Angela, your entry way is beautiful! I love the color that you chose…it’s in my living room! My house is colonial and I chose a slate-dark gray for the front door to offset the colonial yellow clapboards. The grey might even be a match for your slate floor!
You have a great website and you have introduced me to those delicious green monsters! They’re like a salad in a glass!

Liz November 30, 2009

400 Glo bars!!! You rock! Love the new color. The chandlier and pink paint remind me of an old victorian house. The new “biscuit” color is very very nice!

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 30, 2009

Oh my gosh, those walls were PINK! I’ll bet it will look fabulous when you’re done.
Nice job on the Glo Bars. 400 bars is amazing!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad November 30, 2009

Angela, you are so lucky to have this beautiful home! And an Eric to do renos! I kind of like the 70′s chandelier! Maybe it would look nice in a powder room or something?

Ameena November 30, 2009

All the walls and carpet in my condo were pink too until we renovated…crazy that people actually choose that color isn’t it??

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness November 30, 2009

Sounds like you guys have had a busy, busy weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! You’re going to need a break (or at least a nap!) to recover!

Karla November 30, 2009

Not gonna lie, the idea of a hot green monster doesn’t sound very appealing to me :( I think cold is the way to go!

Your house is lovely!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 30, 2009

Wow the renos are coming along so well! We used to have horrid kitchen CARPET (who would have CARPET in a kitchen!!!) We ended up pulling it up and found polished wooden floor boards underneath….much better!

Shannon November 30, 2009

You house looks beautiful! I love the staircase! It’s amazing the difference a little paint can make!

Page 1 of 212»