Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

In honour of Black Friday, Refresh (Dark Chocolate Peppy-mint) Glo Bars are 40% off!

Untitlefffffffd thumb1   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

Today only, while quantities last!!

Click here to check it out.

Today is also the last day that the Holiday Variety packs will be on sale.

~~~~

My breakfast this morning was sensational!!!

IMG 7232 thumb   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

It was all about the leftover Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole!

I have received a ton of emails from you guys in the past day telling me that you made this sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit! :) I know I will certainly be making this each year. We enjoyed it so much.

Earlier this week, Eric and I discovered that the Sweet Potato Casserole was fabulous spread on toast!!! It was just wonderful and such a nice treat.

Mmmmmmmmm.

• 1/2 cup water
  • ice

IMG 7226 thumb   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

and Green Tea

IMG 7233 thumb   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

IMG 7244 thumb   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

One of my favourite breakfasts in a long time!!!!

~~~~

Will you be taking advantage of Black Friday sales today? Are you buying anything in particular?

We don’t have a Black Friday in Canada, but sometimes stores here will have special sales today, just because it is so big in the US!

~~~

Our Crazy Bengal is updated!

Angela Signature thumb36   Sweet Potatoes For Breakfast

Deb November 27, 2009

I think I might have missed somewhere, but what type of blender are you using for your green monsters? I am thinking of taking the plunge & getting a vitamix but boy is it hard to spend that type of money on a blender. I keep hoping I am missing something out there that will work as good for a litte less money, lol.

Deb November 27, 2009

lol, sorry I guess I should have read your post right before this one.

VeggieGirl November 27, 2009

Since I eat sweet potatoes daily, this post made me VERY happy :-D

No shopping today for me – too many crazy people out, haha.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg November 27, 2009

Black Friday scares the crap out of me :-)

Sweet potato for breakfast = genuis!

Alison November 27, 2009

great idea putting your casserole atop toast.

i will not be shopping today. but, if there was a glo bakery boutique where i live i’d have to make an exception, hehe.

Jocelyn November 27, 2009

hey girl..looks like a yummy bfast! I will not be shopping today. A few weeks ago I went down to Pennslyvania and took advantage of the no sales tax policy loool. have a great day!

Casey Leigh November 27, 2009

That breakfast looks amazing! Will have to try that one myself.

No Black Friday for me. Seems like not a lot of people in the blog world are participating. Many of the malls around here (and my family out of state) opened at midnight last night — and stayed open all night. Shopping in the middle of the night to catch a good sale seems outrageous to me. I’d rather be getting my beauty sleep.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 27, 2009

I love adding pumpkin to green monsters. It makes it so nice and thick!

Lesley Lifting Life November 27, 2009

Sweet potatoes for breakfast? Yes, please! :)

Black Friday is a little too crazy for me :s I don’t feel like getting trampled! haha.

Have a great Friday!

Bronwyn November 27, 2009

Again another post featuring sweet potato! I want some soooo bad. I know what I’m getting later when I pick up my groceries.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 27, 2009

I almost choked when I read your Glo Sale . . . then I clicked on it and ordered 10 bars . . . thanks for the sale, its my first order!

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 27, 2009

Mmmm, how is the hemp powder?? I know hemp is a great source of protein! I have never had it in a green smoothie, but it would be a good option!

Do you make your own hemp milk???

Sweet taters are delish!!

Much Love
Kris

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 27, 2009

The hemp powder is great…1 scoop of this MH 70% is 21 grams protein!
I use 1/2 scoop…it makes the Green Monster creamy.

Melinda November 27, 2009

Wow, pumpkin pie GM, very intersting. We made sweet potato casserole too. It was great. I am going to do some online shopping since I live on a tiny Portuguese island. I am always online shopping.

Tania @ Moment Anew November 27, 2009

Mmmmmm…I LOVE sweet potatoes!!! What a great breakfast! And still loving those tea lights, I definitely have to go and find myself some!

The Voracious Vegan November 27, 2009

No black friday sales here, but it is the Muslim holiday of Eid right now, so there are actually a lot of Eid sales! Maybe I will do a little shopping.

I love the idea of sweet potato casserole on toast in the morning, what a lovely way to start the day.

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 27, 2009

We did black Friday sales online! We scored an amazing front loading washer/dryer. Super excited about that. I’m a little afraid to go out and face the crowds at 4:00 a.m. though, hehe.

Leah November 27, 2009

I seriously considered going down to Seattle for the sales – but I wasnt willing to brave the border!! I went a couple years ago and made a long weekend out of it. We left at 4am to avoid the line ups. The sales are amazing. They put boxing day to shame!

Laura Georgina November 27, 2009

I need to have that ENTIRE breakfast—it looks amazing and it would match my walls, to boot :-)

How crucial is the hemp powder (or any of the powders, protein or otherwise) to the GMs? It’s pretty impossible to come by those things down in the tropics and I’m dying to make my first GM…

Anne November 27, 2009

Why do you cook the spinach for your GMs? Wouldn’t it be better to just blend it raw?

Ameena November 27, 2009

I went shopping but couldn’t find a single thing to buy! The Black Friday deals weren’t that special this year.

Mo November 27, 2009

I made your sweet potato casserole and it was a HUGE hit! I veganized as many dishes as possible without telling anyone :)

Marilyn November 27, 2009

I did brave the Black Friday sales to get a new digital camera.

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 27, 2009

I took advantage of the sales so I could get a winter coat for me and GPS for my mom. But I think if I ever do this again I’ll definitely go later. I didn’t like the insanity at 5AM and ended up taking a nap in my van for an hour until the craziness and line died down.

Naomi November 27, 2009

Angela these look amazing! I just wish you could send them to Australia.

Alondra November 27, 2009

Hey Angela, I know that this has nothing to do with the Glo Bars but have you tried Kombucha? I highly recommend you try it if you have not already. Here’s a website: http://www.synergydrinks.com/

Jolene November 27, 2009

Black Friday shopping – never experienced it :-)

Lauren @ Eater not a runner November 27, 2009

Sweet potatoes for breakfast are always a good idea ;-)

AGS November 29, 2009

I was inspired by the pumpkin pie green monster. I put left-over sweet potato casserole in my green moster this morning, as well as a little nutmeg. VERY GOOD.

Here is my brother-in-law’s take on fiery sweet potato casserole (thanks to the NYTimes): Sweet potatoes, baked and mashed, then pureed with coconut milk and Thai chili paste. A creamy sweet dish with a bit of a bite. You should give it a try!

skinnyrunner November 29, 2009

loved the recap!
now i have to go make the sweet potatoes casserole!