Happy Friday night! :)
I put together the most popular posts from the past 11 months. It is crazy that I am approaching my first year of blogging on October 31st (stay tuned for a huge giveaway by the way!).
I have been meaning to organize all of my series, boot camps, hot topics, and challenges into one quick and easy to locate page. Many of you have been asking me for a page where you can easily locate everything, so I am happy to finally have this put together. It will be updated frequently too. Let me know if I missed anything and I will add it in.
I have created a page at the top called ‘Hot‘ where you can find all of these posts whenever you need to do so.
Here are some of my most popular posts over the past 11 months! Happy reading!
My Road To Health Series: How I ended the disordered eating and got healthy
A Year Can Change A Lot Series: How I Changed Careers
Beating the Freshman 15 Series:
Projects, Movements, and Boot Camps:
My Race Recaps:
My very first race (10km) June 14, 2009:
Race recap 1 (video)
Race recap 4 (what I ate!!!)
Acura 10-Miler (July 19, 2009):
Part 2 of my race recap (what I ate before and after!)
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon (Sept. 27, 2009):
I Talk about my exercise slump (video post)
Some of my favourite posts of all time:
1. My very first post: Boo. I admit, this is a no frills post, but at the same time my potential is just oozing out of it. lol. Notice how ‘Spooky Sketchie’ is a prominent feature in the post- no surprise there! There was a very similar Sketchie featured in one of my posts this week- anyone remember?
2. My 4th post ever: Running and Sketchie. Sketchie was an overnight celeb. I was dog meat.
3. Sketchie gets SAD No, not even cats are immune to Seasonal Affective Disorder!
4. My favourite ab exercises in pictures This was before I had ever heard of vlogging. Or drogging for that matter!
5. OSGMOM’s first appearance on the blog! I’m a nice daughter, I waited until we were outside of the airport before I snapped her pic!
6. Pumpkin-Apple Streusel Muffins- I LOVE these muffins and many readers have raved about them too. Take a gander at the pictures, you can’t go wrong when muffins look like that!
7. How To Beat the Freshman 15 (4 part series)- This was my second most popular series next to my Road to Hell, err…Health, that is.
8. All About Me and How OSG came about! My background education, work history, and the evolution of Oh She Glows and Glo Bakery
9. Where I got the name for Oh She Glows Isn’t that what we all wonder? Why the heck did she call it that?
12. Our Engagement Story- How Eric proposed. Notice that the first few pictures include tequila.
13. My Road To Health: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5a, Part 5b! My whole journey…from the bad days to the good days, the ups and the downs, and everywhere in between! This is by far my most popular series to date. I will be writing Part 6 in the near future.
14. My Before and After picture What everyone wants to see!
15. Glo Bakery: Skinni-Mini Glo Buns My most recent and hugely popular healthy cinnamon bun creation! 75 calories a pop and vegan to boot!
17. Angela Interviews Kris Carr from Crazy Sexy Cancer I get the chance to interview my idol!
18. Shop 4 A Cause Charity Auction: June 11th- Visit OSG to place bids on awesome stuff! My goal is to raise $2,000 for my first race on June 14th!
20. How to Learn to Love Your Body- I address a very important reader question!
21. My recipes- including reader’s favourite recipes Only read if you want a puddle of drool on your keyboard.
22. Wedding pictures The happiest day of my life!
23. FAQ’s: I answer reader questions!
24. My birthday celebration OSG goes wild!
I’m in this month’s issue of SELF magazine:
I’m in this month’s Self magazine with 5 other awesome food bloggers! I was interviewed back in May of this year and kept it very hush hush until I knew it was in print.
The interview itself was quite long, but due to space constraints it was cut down a lot. They originally asked me to submit one of my favourite vegan recipes (which I did), but they didn’t have enough room to include it. I might just have to reveal it at another time I guess! ;)
I also wanted to say that my favourite substitute for an egg is the flax egg, but there was not enough room to include the description in the space allotted.
All and all it was a wonderful experience and I was surprised to even be considered.
It is on newsstands now. Eric picked up 3 copies today. What a sweetie! :)
Stay tuned for Project Snow tomorrow. I have LOTS of questions on my mind after today’s long run!
I will also be telling you whether I am running a half marathon on Sunday!