Staying Healthy On The Glo

Happy Friday everyone!

Wow I slept like a baby last night. I think I got 4 full sleep cycles! ;) I had a dream that I was writing a book about my career change. Too funny.

Yesterday was a very long and exciting day! We sold out of Glo Bars too! I added a few more batches to the shopping cart this morning, get ‘em while they are hot! I added a couple variety packs, Run bars, and Renew bars.

Of course, we had some server issues in the morning which was very stressful to say the least. Thank God Eric was around to fix it or the shopping cart would still not be up!

We called Canada Post and they told us it was Blue Host’s problem. We called Blue Host and they basically told us to go fly a kite! :( I really have not been pleased with Blue Host lately and I am thinking of switching hosts. Does anyone have any good recommendations for me?

I chatted with my mom for about a half hour and it took my mind off it while Eric was working on the problem. Moms are always great for that, eh? :)

Once I verified that everything was going well, I had a very late breakfast around 11:30am.

IMG 5035 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

Remember how I said I needed a stiff drink?

IMG 5037 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

@fANNEtasticfood tweeted me saying, ‘Hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere!’ That was all the encouragement I needed…

Happy Hour Banana Green Monster

Ingredients:

• 1 cup hemp milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 shot banana liqueur
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 3 cooked kale leaves
  • 5 ice cubes
  • Kyolic garlic extract
  • Raw maca powder (for energy!!!)
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheat Grass

Two words: AH. MAZING.

~~~~

My day also had a few more complications…

My food shipment had a few snags:

1. The case of organic hemp seed I ordered did not come. Bad news because I was out of it and had to go somewhere else and pay double the price.

2. They brought me 3 singles of organic flax instead of 3 cases. Also bad news seeing as I go through more than 3 singles in 1 day of baking! Luckily some poor soul dropped it off at my house last night around 7pm.

IMG 5028 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

My MIL was here on Wednesday and helped me out so much! She put together all of these boxes and she also did labeling for about 130 bars. It was such a huge help. I think I am going to hire a student to help me with packaging down the road. It really eats up so much of my time.

IMG 5031 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

She also called me a couple times during the day to see how everything was going. She really is sweet as pie and is always offering her help. I think I need to shower her with Glo Bars, no?? ;)

I baked the day away- literally! I baked about 200 bars, packaged, and labeled them and I finally finished around 8:30pm. The day just flew by.

My eats throughout the day were on-the-glo!

Awake bar:

IMG 2690 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

3-4 Peanut Butter and Jam Glo Bites (thawed from the freezer- they froze beautifully!)

IMG 2824 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

And No Salt Added Vegetable Health Valley soup:

IMG 0333 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

Eric treated me to a homemade dinner of avocado and tomato quinoa. It was so delicious and so the nourishment that I needed. I was starving!

IMG 0402 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

With a high protein pita on the side.

IMG 0400 thumb   Staying Healthy On The Glo

Even though I didn’t get any formal exercise in yesterday, I sure felt like I got a workout baking all day. I stir each and every batch by hand if you can believe it!

After Eric and I had dinner, we were super pumped for the special 1 hour Office Episode!!!!! Please tell me you watched. It was definitely my all time favourite episode.

Oh and in case you were wondering where the wedding dance came from, Caitlin posted this video on Twitter last night. How hilarious is this? I had this song stuck in my head all night!!!

Eric and I secretly wish that we did this for our wedding. ;)

~~~~

Have you ever been to a wedding where they did something unexpected or crazy?? It seems to be the popular thing to do these days! Tell me your stories!

Angela Signature thumb21   Staying Healthy On The Glo

One good customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising. ~Jim Rohn

Diana October 9, 2009

“Have you ever been to a wedding where they did something unexpected or crazy??”

Not really! But as I’m now working as a wedding photographer I bet I’ll see something like that soon! :)

You should definitely hire someone to help you! Maybe someone who’s just as interested in fitness and nutrition. At least you’d have something in common! ;)

That quinoa looks so yummy.

Mary :: A Merry Life October 9, 2009

I’m glad you had such an exciting day even if it was long! Selling out of glo bars is pretty awesome! I will have to order some next week.

Doing the crazy thing at wedding is so popular right now but I’ve never been to a wedding where it has happened. I guess all my married friends are traditional in that way.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 9, 2009

Ohmigosh I am obsessed with the happy hour Green monster. Love it! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2009

it was sooooo good

lizzy October 9, 2009

i LOVED last night’s episode. i especially liked when michael was trying to cover up for jim’s toast and he starts talking about how “it just feels better with out one of those” hahaha i want him to be at my wedding :)

congrats on the bakery. even though you are hitting some roadblocks, it is definitely becoming a huge success! i can’t wait to get my hands on some :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2009

*SPOILER ALERT***************

I loved when Andy was crying during the ceremony too. Oh and when Dwight brushed of that girl and shook her hand! lmao

Melanie October 9, 2009

Just a thought…you could (and maybe should) write a book….you’re good at research, so you could have the facts in there and then pepper it with your personal experience…? It would definitely be a happier way to have made your degree worthwhile for something that you love. I’d definitely buy it. But for now, it’ll have to be some Glo Bars;)…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2009

aww thank you for your support!

Julz October 9, 2009

Is it pathetic that I CRIED as the video came to an end and as they waited for the bride? YES. I CRIED. Like tears glistening on my cheeks, etc. Oh boy. I WANNA GET MARRIED SOME DAY! It looks like fun! ;)

-ps- I am back to posting and reading yay! I have been doing makeup tutorials and other videos on my blog so if you would like to, please check them out! I will be doing another one today! xoxo

Anne P October 9, 2009

haha YESSSS i’m a bad (good?) influence ;)

i LOVE that wedding video. i wish the weddings I went to would do that! i’ve been to a ton recently but alas, no dances. i’m actually going to another tomorrow! but i think it will be pretty normal :)

Courtney October 9, 2009

Congrats on your big day yesterday!! And who knows, maybe your dream of writing a book about your life changes will come true!! If anyone can do it, you CAN!!

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

Mellissa October 9, 2009

That couples is from St. Paul (where I live)! I think we had a crazy wedding- we showed up with a dress and did basically no planning. We had the friends who were already going to be there and that was it. Best thing we ever did!

Lizzy October 9, 2009

You are so inspiring! i want to try some glo-bars so bad, so i’m hoping to get my order in ASAP

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans October 9, 2009

I DEFINITELY cried during last night’s episode! My boyfriend was very confused (I am definitely not a cry-er!). I tried to explain it by saying, “But it’s Jim and Pam! Finally!”

Pure2Raw - Twins October 9, 2009

Congrats on finishing everything up. Having extra pair of hands around is a nice things! :) One of my friends wedding – the bride and groom did a cute little dance for everyone. So far that has been the only really out of the ordinary thing. But who knows nowadays!

Sarah October 9, 2009

Hey girl, hope you have a better day today! I am so reluctant to self-host for reasons such as those. I hope you find a better one soon.

I went to a wedding one time where the groom and his mom started their mom-son dance to a slow song and then they totally busted a move to Elvis “A Little Less Conversation” it was totally awesome!

Happy Friday to you :)

christie, honoring health October 9, 2009

Congrats on selling out that is awesome. I can’t wait until you have gluten free bars!

leianna October 9, 2009

That wedding video is great, especially because it came from Minnesota!
All that baking and packing looks like you had a fun and packed day!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 9, 2009

OMG – that utube clip was absolutely hilarious. I’m going to a wedding on Halloween in a couple weeks, they’ve waited a few years for Halloween to be on a Saturday, and it’s the Bride’s birthday too.

Heather October 9, 2009

I love that video & wished that my fiance was ballsy enough to do it. Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a shy one! lol

Congrats on getting the online stuff situated with orders. Sounds like you might need to hire some help soon ;)

Continued success to you Ange! I’m off to watch The Office wedding :)

Jolene October 9, 2009

That video makes me cry every time … I want to go back in time and do something like that at my wedding :-)

Anne Marie @ New Weigh of Life October 9, 2009

The quinoa looks so good! I still haven’t tried it yet!

Alex October 9, 2009

I’m so happy for you!

It must be so exciting to see this surge of business! It is SO awesome to picture you running around the kitchen, oats and chia flying, with a smile in your heart.

I love examples of people doing what they love!

All the best, Angela!
Alex

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com October 9, 2009

Hoorah for you, Ange! I’m so glad your first day of US sales was an overall success. :-)

At our wedding reception, my husband and I did an impromptu lip sync/dance routine to Timbaland’s “The Way I Are.” It was so fun and we had our guests rolling with laughter.

Janna from Just Flourishing October 9, 2009

Nice. Way to add banana liqueur to the green monster :) Sometimes you need it ;)

Congrats on getting through everything! Of course you’re going to hit a few snags on the way but eventually it will allll be running smoothly.

That quinoa looks great! I might have to try it out. Is it just quinoa, tomatoes and avocado?

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 9, 2009

haha I love that wedding vid!

And I also often feel like baking is a workout!!

Kelly October 9, 2009

The episode last night was so wonderful; I had the warm fuzzies all night long! :D

I’m glad everything worked out with the shopping cart… all these little snafus are just part of the adventure, right?

Cate October 9, 2009

Congratulations on making it through such a big day for the bakery, even if it were snags! It must feel amazing to know you’re following your dreams!

Alycia October 9, 2009

Do you have a recipe for that tomato and avocado quinoa? Looks delicious and quinoa has been one of my favorites lately!! =)

Sham October 9, 2009

I also would love the recipe for the tomato and quinoa?

The Office was so much super fun!! Jim is such a sweetheart and I loved that they did that wedding dance thing. That hour went by so fast. It’s one of those shows where you just have to laugh out loud!!

Happy weekend to all!!

Jen from Losing the Shadow October 9, 2009

I like the video except the song. It is kind of ironic it is at a wedding because of what Chris Brown did to Rihanna.

Sheila | Live Well 360° October 9, 2009

Congrats Angela, on shipping to the US!! YAY.

Also, I LOOOOOOVED The Office last night. That part was my fav. Here is the video on hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/101187/the-office-forever {tear…} Michael is hilarious!

Sheila

Kate October 9, 2009

Congrats on your big day yesterday! I can barely manage baking a batch of cookies; I can’t imagine all that baking (and stirring!) in one day day!

I recently attending a wedding during which the bride and groom did a VERY choreographed first dance to Beyonce’s “Halo.” It was a bit stiff, if you ask me. But they enjoyed it, and that’s what matters most :)

Erin October 9, 2009

Congrats on finishing all those orders! I feel like they should make wrist guards for bakers!?

In terms of hiring a student, I have some advice! I work at a University in service-learning/experiential ed and we ALWAYS have to find sites for students to do service and/or internships with. If you have a local college or university near you, or even if the student’s were in high school, they could use their service to fulfill some sort of requirement, or just get experience. A part-time job is always a good thing of course, but it’s another suggestion if you find that you wouldn’t be able to pay someone to help. I work at a University that has a really stellar culinary program – our baking/pastry students would be all over that!

Jamie October 9, 2009

I cried last night when Jim started talking about how he used to just be a guy with a crush on a girl with a boyfriend. I just loved the suspense of the will they or won’t they get together in the first seasons! I’m so glad they did!

I went to a wedding one time where the groom busted out in a crazy dance to an Elvis song. It was hilarious but the bride was NOT happy.

Saima October 9, 2009

totally squealed when the song came ON!!! i was literally jumping….lolz!! how cool is it that the couple on utube did it for their own joy and The Office ppl seek inspiration from them for one of the most awaited epis!! also, it was really adorable for all the collegues to partake in the celebrations!! totally got all teary eyed!!

Julie K October 9, 2009

Hi Angela! I love love your blog and read it on a regular basis. I really look forward to the recipes because they are healthy, simple and yummy! I make your black bean stuff peppers at least once a week. I was wondering if you could post your quinoa recipe? I’ve never cooked with quinoa but I’ve always wanted to.

By the way, I wish you the best of luck with your business. You are definitely a strong woman with such a positive outlook on life. It’s refreshing!

Mary @ fit this, girl! October 9, 2009

What a great post!! How exciting to see all those boxes lined up to go out the door!! I bet they’ll go fast!! AND, that wedding was here in Minn! I think it was in St. Paul, MN, our claim to fame for this year. :) It’s great huh? Best! Mary

Annie D. October 10, 2009

At our wedding reception my husband played a mini-concert on his marimba (he’s a world class marimba player).