Happy Labour Day!
Glo bars have a sexy new backside ;)
All of the glo bars are going to have the full nutritional information, in addition to the ingredients, on the back label.
I also updated the nutritional info for Endure, Zen, Harmony, and Refresh Glo Bars! Check it out here.
Eric and I were in desperate need of groceries so we made a special trip to Costco and Whole Foods!
Here is what I got at Whole Foods:
I really had to control myself because it could have gotten very much out of hand!
- 2 Yellow zucchini
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 8 carrots
- Black kale (bottom right)
- Regular kale
- 4 hot house tomatoes
- Bag of garbanzo beans (to make hummus)
- Can anyone name this green one?
- Organic banana chips (possible new glo bar ingredient?!)
- Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 5 apples
- Nourishtea Japanese Sencha Loose Leaf (this was the only loose leaf they had)
- Neal Brothers Tomato and Basil Spaghetti Sauce
- 365 Organic Pasta Sauce
- Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter (another possible Glo bar ingredient)
- 2 cans pizza sauce
- Natural Choice Full of Fruit Popsicles (Same brand as the coconut kind only strawberry)
- Sambazon Acai Smoothie Packs (100% frozen Acai puree)
- 3 rolls parchment paper
- Pure maple syrup (best deal on maple syrup I have found)
- Huge bag of frozen veggies (left)
- Mixed peppers
- 4 unsweetened applesauce
- Organic spinach
- 3 english cukes
- Huge box of Mary’s crackers
- Big Valley Frozen fruit (for green monsters!!)
- Bertolli EVOO
The frozen fruit is divine!!! I can’t wait to throw a few pieces into my green monsters. Very quick and easy, no prep required.
Oh and look what I found in the backseat! We forgot to bring in our new S+P and Zester from our trip to William Ashley’s last week.
Almost as soon as I got home, I made the most delicious green monster.
I lightly microwaved some dandelion, black kale, and regular kale in water for about 2 minutes.
I also added a new Acai smoothie pak!
I had a little nibble of the frozen puree and I was a bit surprised that it wasn’t naturally sweet. The GM definitely needed some banana. I used 1/2 a banana, 1/2 c almond milk, 1/2 cup water, and chia seeds.
It doesn’t get much healthier than this!
Yum, yum, yum.
Stay tuned for the first of two chia seed contests this week! :)
Well, I’m off to do some labour! I’m going to finish my labels, nutrition info, new Glo Bar experiments, and baking a big order up! So much for a day off! I have one mean boss… ;)
Enjoy your Labour Day! Is anyone doing anything fun?
PS- Operation cat bed is NOT going smoothly!