365 Days Of Marriage

Despite what they said, we made it!

IMG_5666

[Only joking of course]

A year just flew by. Eric goes, ‘Really? It felt SLOW.’ What a jokester, eh? ;) [That was my ‘I’m not pleased face’]

IMG_5667IMG_5668

Marriage is knowing that you can be as weird as you want with someone and they cant really do much about it or judge you for it. After all, they married you, right?

IMG_5676IMG_5674

We’ve had a fun and productive anniversary.

The Wedding Registry

Off we were to Toronto again today!

IMG_5865

Much like on our wedding day, the weather was absolutely phenomenal.

IMG_5867 IMG_5877 IMG_5857

I love visiting Toronto.

I love living in the country, but I do like having the convenience of being so close to shopping, sights, and entertainment.

IMG_5873

There are so many great opportunities for photography.

IMG_5820IMG_5849

Off to William Ashley’s we went!

IMG_5838

We were registered here for our wedding and we hadn’t been back since we created the registry last May 2008! Luckily, they still had us (and purchased gifts!) on file.

Look at all the green monster makers they had!

IMG_5847

The goal today was to regroup, assess the money we had to work with, and then SPEND EVERY CENT.

I was like a kid in a candy store. ;)

We finished off our china place settings and silverware.

I joked with Eric that these were perfect:

IMG_5832

We’re just in love with the design we selected. We wanted to go with a very simple china pattern so it hopefully won’t date itself as quickly as some of the others.

Our china: Classic silver rimmed

IMG_5831

I also love the unique look of the cutlery- slender, modern, and sleek looking. We figured since we went with such a timeless china pattern, we could get away with a bolder silverware.

IMG_5842

How cool is this silverware?! And is it this normal that it excites us so much? I guess that’s what living off mis-matched hand me downs will do to a couple.

IMG_5841

IMG_3120

The Wedding Cake

We also took out the top layer of our wedding cake from the freezer (yes, it was transported through our move too!).

Let’s just say the cake wasn’t any better than when we had it on our wedding night.

The wedding cake was a huge DUD on our wedding day. Dry, dry, dry.

But like my mom says, ‘Ange, if that was the only thing that went wrong on your wedding day, consider yourself lucky!’

I whole heartedly agree. :D

Eric took a tester bite and said it was the worst cake he’s ever tasted so we tossed it out. I certainly was not surprised. And 1 year in the freezer didn’t do it any good. Even the rose didn’t save it!

IMG_3109 IMG_3117

Onward and upward!

I love roses.

IMG_3129

We have them in the house maybe twice a year and I savour every minute with them!

IMG_3126

The gifts

Eric and I always give silly cards (but then write mushy stuff on the back). This was the card I got him. It was perfect! You know when you read a card and you say, ‘That is so us!!’ ?

IMG_5794

Finally, I can unveil the gift I have been working on for the past while!

IMG_5776

I made an anniversary capsule!

I thought it was fitting for the paper tradition. ;)

IMG_5886IMG_5893

I had so much fun putting this together!

IMG_5887

The idea is, each year we will complete 1 page for our anniversary. I think it will be so awesome to look back over time and see how we/times changed.

Things I included:

• Prices (gas, loaf of bread, etc)
  • What we did that whole year (this took the longest because I had to find exact dates!)
  • Current picture of us
  • What we own
  • Our favourite things (songs, TV shows, movies, etc)
  • In the news (thanks for your help!)
  • The year, our age, and what the tradition was (this year was paper)
  • Weather report

IMG_5890

I also got him a security camera that he has been wanting for ages, but I knew he wouldn’t ever buy it for himself. It hasn’t arrived yet, but hopefully in the next day or two.

Then, it was time for my gifts!

For the paper theme, he blew up a bunch of our wedding pictures. They looked great! We need to get some frames and put them up.

IMG_5897

And then I almost had a heart attack when I opened my next gift. For the longest time I have wanted a macro lens for the SLR camera. Macro lens are great for close-ups and are used a lot for food photography!

Well…behold…my new lens…

IMG_5782

We’re off to watch some TV. Just an old married couple now, ya know?

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Avangardphoto April 15, 2016

Congrats. They say the first year is the most challenging :)

Amykinz September 10, 2010

I love love love this idea and I’m totally going to steal it for my anniversary this year! (Except it will be my 7th anniversary, so I have a few pages to get done to get caught up to THIS anniversary! lol) Also, my daughter just came home w/a project for school: to create a page about her that will be hung up in the classroom all year. This gave me some inspiring ideas. Thanks!

Jen September 3, 2010

I love love love this idea and am totally stealing it for my 1st anniversary coming up soon! Where did you get that awesome giant book?
PS Just found your blog through some girlfriends and absolutely love it :)

diana @ i can eat, can't i? September 1, 2010

very romantic.

my brother went from buff (x-large) to very lean (medium)! congrats to eric!!

Kathryn August 30, 2010

The more I read your blog the more I laugh. You and Eric are SO much like my hubby and I. I was reading this on my phone in the car and I had to read the waffle part out loud. Hillarious. We have one of those too and my guy just announced he is having a regular waffle for dinner. Happy anniversary – funny I’m reading this so close to yours! Ours is 8/21 – just wrapped up 6 funfilled years. :)

Jess (What's Normal, Anyways?) September 20, 2009

Happy (belated) Anniversary! You guys are too cute.

PS. I totally love that silverware. It’s very similar to my favorite set at Crate and Barrel!

Jessica September 2, 2009

omg that is a nice lens >.<

Kath September 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Jenny September 1, 2009

aw gorgeous recap — glad you two lovebirds had such a special day together :)

the new pictures are amazing by the way!

EatingRD September 1, 2009

such a wonderful gift, those are the best from the heart! Sorry I didn’t see this post before I asked you about the macro lens. I can’t wait to see more pictures! yay!

Anne Marie @ her new weigh September 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary! Mine is coming up on September 5th (one year also!), and I can’t believe how fast time has passed! I love your gift-so adorable!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 1, 2009

Eric and I thank all of you for your sweet wishes!!! xo

Andrea September 1, 2009

Congrats on the 1 year mark! I love the anniversary gifts, very sweet and personal. I’m looking forward to seeing the new pictures!!

Dotsie September 1, 2009

This is an awesome post, I love it! You guys made wonderful gifts for each other! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Your gifts are exciting and I would screech with delight as well!

Have a great day!

Kristen @ Simply Savor September 1, 2009

what an amazing day!! your gift to eric was so thoughtful and such a great idea! and hooray for the macro lens and flash! Congratulations! :)

Nikki September 1, 2009

I think your anniversary gift to Eric was perfect! I thought my Husband and I were the only ones who follow the traditional anniversary gifts :)
For our first, the Husband actually got me a book like the one you made…but of course, he left making the yearly pages up to me! I thought it was such a sweet idea.
Don’t worry…we got excited about our cutlery too ;)

Megzz @ Megzz Wins At Life September 1, 2009

What a fun day!!! Love the presents!! I can’t wait to see all the new pictures!!

Alex September 1, 2009

That cutlery is fantastic…it’s something I would pick out for myself too!

And that anniversary book is such a wonderful idea! I have to make a mental note of doing that one day!

I’m looking forward to seeing some of those fancy pictures!

Happy Anniversary!

Meg September 1, 2009

That is the exact card I got my husband for our anniversary in May! Congrats!

tami September 1, 2009

fun.

i hope you will review the waffle maker. i think we are on our 3 or 4 waffle maker and they just fizzle out for us (starts in the middle by not cooking and then from there it just doesn’t crisp the waffle like we like them)

Ellen @ Peace in Motion September 1, 2009

what a wonderful anniversary gift!

Courtney September 1, 2009

I think we have the same exact wedding china!! So beautiful, yet simple and useable. Our 4 year wedding anniversary is on Thursday…I might have to get out a few plates and have a special dinner!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

Claire September 1, 2009

What a great day(other than the traffic)!It was like Christmas for you guys:-)That’s fabulous…

brandi September 1, 2009

congrats!! what a great paper gifts :)

Nicole September 1, 2009

Congratulations Angela! You guys make a beautiful couple!

LOVE the new lens! :D

VeggieGirl September 1, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND HAPPY LIFETIME TOGETHER!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) September 1, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! Your gift was fantastic! Such a great idea! I wish I had thought of it! The Mister and I have been married for 3 years now, so It might noT be too late to put something sinilar together — so CUTE!

leslie September 1, 2009

congrats on one year, ange. many more happy ones to come!

your gift for eric is incredible and so heartfelt. i love love love it! and can’t wait to see the beautiful photos you take with your new lens! so jealous. :)

Cait (Cait's Plate) September 1, 2009

Most. Adorable. Post. Ever.

Your blog is seriously like the highlight of my life.

I LOVED this post and that anniversary capsule is AWESOME and totally something I would do (and might actually steal when I have a first wedding anniversary! haha).

I’m glad you guys had such a great anniversary. YOU DESERVED IT! :)

Hope all that love and more continues on into year two!

Julia Kalish September 1, 2009

Angela, congratulations on your one year anniversary and here’s to many more years of green monsters with your sweetie.
xoxo

Anne P September 1, 2009

What a cute idea with the time capsule! Love it :)