Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

img 2907 thumb   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

I refuse to accept that summer is drawing to a close. I don’t know about you, but my summer feels like it is just getting started! June and July were hit with records amounts of rain here in Southern Ontario. Mother Nature finally caught on in mid-August and it has been beautiful and balmy ever since. End of the summer, you say? I won’t believe it.

This recipe that I concocted last night was an End Of Summer Protest, if you will. I had a beautiful, juicy cantaloupe, lime, yogurt and an uncanny desire to create a muffin that would remind me of summer well into the long winter months.

img 2899 thumb   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

img 2897 thumb   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

I loved these!!!! So much in fact I had 2 and had to restrain myself from having another.

The lime zest gave them a fun kick and tropical smell.

img 2900 thumb   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

I think next time I might even use more yogurt and cantaloupe to make them even more tropical. They were the first muffins I have ever had where I didn’t think ‘these would be so delicious with margarine on them’. The yogurt and cantaloupe made them so moist and creamy.

img 2906 thumb   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

Eric didn’t believe me when I told him there wasn’t a lick of oil or margarine in these. The yogurt and cantaloupe really did a nice job of replacing any need for added fat. I also think these would be divine using mango or even pineapple.

Don’t forget to check out my Peanut Butter Banana Bomb muffins to if you missed them on Saturday’s post.

——-

OSG Updates:

• I have given the comments section a face lift! You can now click ‘Add your comment’ to reply directly underneath anyone’s comment. I think this will be much better for discussion and it has already proved to be much easier for me to reply to your comments. Lovin’ it! You can expect to see many more replies from me in the comments below.
  • Have you always wanted your own picture next to your comment? Mara directed me to this cool site called www.gravatar.com. Awesome stuff.

GMM Updates:

• New delicious Green Monster recipes are up! This batch includes a chocolate espresso green monster for those hard to wake up mornings- YUM!!!!!

Glo Bakery Updates:

• I’m waiting on my Beanstream application to process so we are looking at a minimum of 2 weeks before Glo Bakery can ship to the US. Beanstream is a payment gateway. I’ve had to purchase a Canadian and US Merchant account, a SSL certificate and a dedicated IP address, which enables my web site to be able to accept and transmit confidential information securely over an encrypted internet connection. Whew! Who knew there was so much that went into it?

Oh and I think I need to hire an OSG BAKING TEAM! Any bakers out there? ;)

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone.

angela signature thumb59   Lime n’ Cantaloupe Margarita Muffins

Winners lose much more often than losers. So if you keep losing but you’re still trying, keep it up! You’re right on track.

- Matthew Keith Groves

justveggin' August 27, 2009

Hey! I really enjoy reading your blog! I can’t wait to be able to order your baked gooidies(I live in US)! Keep up the great work = )

Lindsay August 27, 2009

Ooo, being a paid baker would be awesome! I love to bake, and all your stuff looks great. Keep me informed, I’m game!

Kristen August 27, 2009

I saw your tweet about these last night and was looking forward to the recipe. Do they taste strongly of cantaloupe or does it act more like a “moist-maker”?

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 27, 2009

The cantaloupe isn’t super super pronounced…but it blends nicely with the yogurt and lime to create a tropical taste.

tami August 27, 2009

i love to bake. too bad i’m down here in NH, I would love to come over and share a kitchen with you.

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) August 27, 2009

Thank you for the gravatar link! Interesting muffin combo!
If I was in your neighborhood, I def. join the OSG baking team.

Marina August 27, 2009

Ok, you seriously have to stop making such great recipes! I can’t decide what to try first!

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 27, 2009

Girl, your recipes are SO creative! The PBJ cups, now these? YUM!

And I’m SO glad I see that someone else isn’t wishing away summer! So many people are so excited for fall, while I say “summer is NOT over yet!”

Valerie August 27, 2009

I know what you mean about summer this year! I’m in southern Ontario too and I feel almost like we haven’t had summer :( Maybe we’ll be in for a September heat wave!

Cool muffin idea! I would love to try those with pineapple.

An OSG baking team would rock! Baking is fun and getting paid to bake is even better (I used to work as an assistant pastry chef – my favourite job, hands down).

Nicole August 27, 2009

Ha, I’m a baker looking for a job but I’m all the way in Connecticut!

Britt August 27, 2009

Those look deliciously moist!!
I know how you feel, I looked out the window this morning and thought to myself “really?? that’s it???” It went by waayy to fast and way to wet! I think that Guelph got way more rain than Toronto…Oh well hopefully it’s unusually warm this fall!
It really is a learning experience when you start shipping food to the US. I work in the food industry and even just the Nutrition Facts labeling rules from Health Canada can make your head spin! Best of luck getting everything set up.

Rachel August 27, 2009

Well if you ever need a baker in the National Capital Region I’m there! ;)

Quick Q: What’s the difference between using ww pastry flour vs. just ww flour when baking?

Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 27, 2009

Whole wheat pastry flour is flour milled from soft wheat, with the bran and germ still included. Whole wheat flour is a blend of soft and hard wheats (with the bran and germ left in). WW Pastry flour is suitable for cakes and pastries where tenderness is desired as it does not produce such a dense product as does whole wheat flour.

Rachel August 29, 2009

Ah – makes sense! Thanks :)

Susan August 27, 2009

I would love to be a full time baker! But I live in Pennsylvania and should probably put my nursing education to good use for awhile. :)

Kristin August 27, 2009

Yum! I’m always looking for a new muffin recipe, and I loooove moist muffins- I think I’ll have to try this one!

xo
K

Ellen @ Peace in Motion August 27, 2009

LOVE lime flavored goods. They always remind me of summer

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 27, 2009

That’s it. I’m DEFINITELY moving to Canada to be your full time staff member!!! :) Those muffins look so amazing Angela – you’ve outdone yourself again!

Kerri August 27, 2009

Do we have to live in Canada to be an OSG baker?!

Runeatrepeat August 27, 2009

That first pic killed me – it looks sooo good!!!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? August 27, 2009

I’m so glad you got that to work!!!

Justine August 27, 2009

I havent been by in a while. Love the new layout. And thanks for the recipe! What an interesting combo :)

~Justine

Katie August 27, 2009

Wow that just made me hungry and I don’t have a lunch break for two more hours! I might just have to do some baking this weekend. The only difference is that I’m actually looking forward to fall–so maybe I’ll substitute the cantaloupe and lime for apple and cinnamon!

Can’t wait until Glo Bars are available for the US!

brandi August 27, 2009

what a great idea!

you know I would totally join the OSG baking team if that could be my job :)

Pam August 27, 2009

OMG, those muffins look fab!

Good luck with your shipping to the US!

Alex August 27, 2009

Sigh. Yep it looks like our summer is already over.

Given that it was only ONE WEEK LONG this year, that’s pretty sucky :(

Thanks for the cheery recipe, Angela. Wish I could’ve had one before my freeeeezzzing bike ride to work today!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 27, 2009

I know it was so cold out this AM eh?

Amanda @ Panda Lunch August 27, 2009

Oh my goodness, those look soooo amazingly yummy! I’ve seen lots of yummy food on blogs, but I believe this tops it all! I guess I just love muffins! I might have to try these, I wonder how hard it would be to make a GF version…

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 27, 2009

I ama glad you found something to remind you of and prolong summer in your little corner of the world! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and checkin’ out my green monster. Regarding you wanting a VitaMix? Single best kitchen investment I’ve ever made, hands down. Love the thing! I dig your new comments section, too BTW!

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) August 27, 2009

Angela- I have to agree with the comment above…put it this way,:if you have to mortgage your car and home, and live in a tent with an electrical outlet, then it’s worth it to get the Vita-Mix…just my humble opinion of course :-D

Deb

Lainie August 27, 2009

You are so creative! I would never think to add cantaloupe and lime to muffins…but now that you’ve done it, they look amazing!

Claire August 27, 2009

Yummy muffins!How about some coconut extract with the pineapple ones?

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 27, 2009

That would be so good :)

Leah August 27, 2009

Oh lordy those muffins look good! Curiously enough, I have cantelope and fresh lime juice in the fridge at home… hmmm… I might be making these this weekend!

Alicia August 27, 2009

I love to bake and am contemplating going to pastry school. Too bad I live in California…

Kristen @ Simply Savor August 27, 2009

these muffins sound so delicious–i love the fruity flavor combinations! Wish i could help with OSG baking… i’m afraid i’d eat all the glo goodies before shipping them out ;) have a great day!

Faith August 27, 2009

The idea of Margarita muffins is so much fun! I’m so impressed with all your creative, delicous baked goods. Angela, you have truly found your passion! ;)

Pam at Highway to Health August 27, 2009

Yum!! Can I hire you as my personal chef?!?

Run Sarah August 27, 2009

Those look so awesome – I have to try them!

Ali August 27, 2009

These look amazing! I’m going to have to attempt to make them myself. Does the ‘t’ measurement refer to teaspoon, or tablespoon? Thanks!

Diane, Fit to the Finish August 27, 2009

I never knew you could bake with cantaloupe!! I love cantaloupe.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) August 27, 2009

Those muffins look SO moist and delicious! Our summer in Saskatchewan was rainy and cold too … it is finally nice, but now I am back to work (teacher), so I can’t enjoy the hot weather.

Haleigh August 27, 2009

Your baked goods always look so divine! I am kind of happy that summer is almost over it is way too hot!!! I am ready for fall weather :)

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) August 27, 2009

Thanks for the gravatar info! I’ve gotten some really useful info from you- thanks heaps! :-D

Monica August 27, 2009

Yumm!! I WISHHHH I were closer so I could be part of the OSG Baking Team.. sounds like it should be an olympic event or something haha like the Jamaican bobsled team ;)

leslie August 27, 2009

these look amazing. cantaloupe is the only fruit i don’t like, but i might just have to try these with mango. yum!

i wish i was a baker so i could help you! if you need anything else though, i’d volunteer! :)

Page 1 of 212»