Friends ‘n Music

Good morning friends!

Eric’s birthday party was lots of fun last night. :) I was such a good girl too! Get this- I had 1.5 beers all night. That is it. I feel so amazing this morning. I even drank some wheatgrass before bed last night. I tried to give it to my friends, but they thought I was crazy. :)

A few pictures from the night…

We played a Wii Tournii of Champiions :)

IMG_5016

We had 3 stations: The Wii, Ping Pong, and Darts.

IMG_4974

A 3 way tie after tennis. Eric came in last. :( lol

IMG_5003

but he rocked at darts!

IMG_5023

We didn’t have a clear winner for the tournii, but it definitely wasn’t us!

~~~~~~

The delicious organic beer Eric bought for me. :) My second beer was a new Bud Light Lime (love that stuff!!!)

IMG_4986

I cleaned up everything before bed- don’t you just love when you do that! Everything is clean this morning. :)

IMG_5031

We listened to Dan play some of his new songs on guitar until around 2am last night. I had to upload this video to show you how amazing he is. This video really doesn’t do his talent justice though. He is hands down the best guitar player I have ever come across. This song ‘The Train’ is his newest one and we were all so smitten over it.

Make sure your volume is up pretty high as it is quiet.

Love it!

PS- Sorry for the shakey video- Eric took it! haha.

~~~~~

Woke up and had a Green Monster!

IMG_1550

Ingredients:

• 3 steamed kale leaves (large)
  • 1 cup almond breeze
  • 1/2 ripe frozen banana
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T natural peanut butter
  • 1 squirt Garlic Kyolic extract
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheatgrass
  • Ice

IMG_1549

I’m feeling really good for not getting to bed until late! I’m so glad I didn’t drink much last night. Moderation is KEY!

~~~~~~

I have a busy day ahead of me with 5 Glo Bar orders. I also need to start my wedding favours for Leah’s wedding on Friday. It’s going to be one crazy week!

Angela_Signature

Today’s question: Do you play an instrument? Or can you sing?

Back in the day I used to play the clarinet in school (haha), but let’s just say my nick name (and my best friend’s) was ‘squeek sista’. I was also in the school choir and loved to sing. Eric is teaching me the guitar. I can play a bit of ‘Nothing Else Matters’ right now….that’s about it!

1 Ellen @ Peace in Motion August 9, 2009

love love LOVE music, but I am SO musically challenged. Making music just ain’t my thang… I’ll stick to listening and leave it up to the professionals

2 Rosey Rebecca August 9, 2009

I want a Wii! I used to sing but then realized that I was horrible at it!

3 Mara @ What's for Dinner? August 9, 2009

How fun!! You guys should try the new wii sports Resort game, its fantastic!

I play the flute :)

4 Shannon, The Healthy Beach Bum August 9, 2009

Ohh wii is so much fun! Glad you all had a great night! Gotta love a man who plays acoustic guitar :)

5 Ella August 9, 2009

love music. i (sillily) post videos on youtube occasionally !

6 Coco August 9, 2009

I play the piano and I’ve been playing since I was super young. I haven’t played in a while and I need to get back into it before I lose it. Great job on moderation!!!! Wii games are the best!

7 Marian August 9, 2009

LOVE the Mill St. Organic beer…not a huge fan of their wheat beer though. It was too heavy for me.

I can play the piano, flute, saxaphone and did take violin lessons at one point. My mom is a music teacher, so it kind of makes sense. hahah.

My brother plays the bagpipes too, which is a huge hit at parties. haha.

8 Susan August 9, 2009

I played the trombone for twelve years, including MANY years of marching band! I wasn’t any good, but it was sooo much fun!

9 Anne P August 9, 2009

Nothing better than hanging with friends listening to another friend play music for you :) He’s good!

10 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 9, 2009

Sounds like a fun party!

I played flute in middle and high school. Fun times! I also sang in the choir at church pretty much my whole life until I went off to college two years ago.

11 Kristie August 9, 2009

I really want to try the Bud Light Lime! I tried to get it once at a patio but they were OUT. Must be a good one!

Glad the birthday was good, it definitely looks like a fun time. Especially because it includes Wii of course :). And Dan’s guitar skills are great! I can’t really play any instruments but I’ve always wanted to be able to play the guitar. One of these days I definitely want to learn! I also love to sing so I do it all the time, squeaking or not ;)

12 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) August 9, 2009

Played flute all my life and majored in music (flute focus) in college. :) Now I teach flute and general music and gig. :) So I suppose I’m a professional? Weird to think of it like that, since as a musician you’re always having to learn and evolve. :)

13 Amelia August 9, 2009

I love singing along to the radio in the car, but that’s about as far as I go with my singing talent! Definitely can’t play an instrument either. :(
Just makes me appreciate it more when others can!

14 The Running Yogini August 9, 2009

I’ve played the piano for 20 years, but I don’t really play in public anymore. I actually still have my first piano :-) My parents kept it for me and gave it to us when they moved a few years ago. Hubby plays practically every instrument! Our cats play the piano too sometimes ;-)

15 Susan August 9, 2009

I love the video!! I’m classically trained in piano, which allowed me to teach myself to play guitar, harmonica, drums, and I’ve done voice lessons. My most recent music project was in a band playing electric bass, keyboard and vocals. But half the band moved to Toronto!! So now it’s just me and my acoustic :P

16 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 9, 2009

Sounds like such a fun evening. I’m sure Eric loved it!!!

I actually took piano lessons for 11 years. I have to admit I got pretty good at it, and I can still play just about anything. :)

xxoo
Heather

17 Michelle Hisae August 9, 2009

Bud Light Lime is pretty good, but you can’t go wrong with a real beer with lime squeezed into it! Refreshing.

18 Sana August 9, 2009

Looks like ur hubby had a great b-day! I used to play the violin in high school- I was in the wayyyy back of the orchestra, where no one could hear or see me. Somehow my parents managed to get pictures :)!

19 Jessica August 9, 2009

looks like fun :)
taught myself to play piano and i used to play handbells in church. i tried to teach myself guitar too, but i lost interest.
-muffy

20 Alex August 10, 2009

Ugh. I used to play the clarinet too…

I have bad memories of band class…Notably, the trombone player behing me emptying the spit out of his brass tube at the end of class…Blech.