Pink Be Gone

food thumb   Pink Be Gone

Good morning!

I’ve been baking in the kitchen this morning since about 6am. It is amazing how much progress I can make when I get up at 5! Hopefully I don’t hit a wall later…

Breakfast was this delicious Green Monster:

img 1318 thumb   Pink Be Gone

Ingredients:

• 3 steamed kale leaves
  • 1 T natural Peanut Butter
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 1/2 ripe frozen banana
  • 1 cup Almond Breeze
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cubes ice
  • squirt Kyolic garlic extract

My snack that I had just now was Nature’a Path Flax Plus + AB + chia seeds!

img 1328 thumb   Pink Be Gone

I still can’t get over how nutritious chia seeds are. They are a vegans best friend I tell ya.

~~~~~~~~~

fixups thumb   Pink Be Gone

Eric and I need your help!

Remember how pink our entry way was…?

It used to be all the colour pink shown in this picture below. Every inch of it was pink.

img 1359 thumb   Pink Be Gone

As you can now see, Eric has started to prime the entry way! Yippee!

Here are some pictures taken as of the progress he made last night:

Side by side:

img 1339 thumb   Pink Be Gone

img 1360 thumb   Pink Be Gone

img 1361 thumb   Pink Be Gone

img 1357 thumb   Pink Be Gone

Even though it is just ugly white primer, I already think it looks like a new room!

Now we need your help!

We can’t decide what colour to change the entry way. Any ideas?

If you can be specific with a picture and/or colour name that would be a huge help.

Also note that you don’t need to ‘match’ the colour to the tile floor as we will be ripping them out and replacing them at some point.

I’m back to baking, see you this afternoon!

angela signature thumb7   Pink Be Gone

Gina August 4, 2009

For entryways, you usually want to use “welcoming” colors, which are oranges, yellows, or greens. Ours is a light yellow.

britt August 4, 2009

it does make a huge difference! i think a green would look great!

Sarah Jayne August 4, 2009

paint virtual rooms with over 1500 colors :)

Amanda August 4, 2009

I love lighter/brighter colors for an entryway, and it looks like anything too dark would just be gloomy in there. How about something gold-ish?

Sarah W. August 4, 2009

I would go with a neutral color like a light green or a pale yellow. my parents have yellow and I think it looks best

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 4, 2009

I think a burnt orange or red or maybe even a golden tan would look wonderful with the flooring.

Andrea (Fit Healthy Fun) August 4, 2009

I am always a fan of neutrals. Mine is Benjamin Moore Affinity paint in Cotswald. I love the color and their Aura paint only takes one coat to cover. I also have a yellow by BM in my sunroom. It’s called Soleil. It’s a very welcoming and warm color.

Rose August 4, 2009

Green or yellow would be my choice!

(I love the bowl you have that cereal in – very cute!)

Lainie August 4, 2009

That primer does make the room look like a whole new place! What about a very light shade of yellow? I always love yellow in houses…obviously nothing crazy and bright, just something mellow and tame.

Kristen August 4, 2009

I would say a sage color or a khaki color. Both are very warm but they don’t overpower the room. For the sage you could do “Grasslands” by Benjamin Moore. In our dining room we used silver sage by benjamin moore and it came out as a light greenish gray which was beautiful. Good luck!

april August 4, 2009

Thanks for introducing me to chia seeds! I ordered some from the website you mentioned and used your discount.. they have become a daily staple!

Andrea August 4, 2009

I think a light art-deco type sage green would look great with the color of wood on your beautiful staircase.

Amelia August 4, 2009

Wow it looks so different! I’ll agree with Kristen and say a khaki color because it’s inviting and doesn’t overpower the room. Also, it’s pretty easy to match with anything else you want to add.

Pam at Highway to Health August 4, 2009

I vote for a light green or light yellow. Both very welcoming colors! That stair case is beautiful!!

Katie August 4, 2009

I don’t know why, but I think a sage green would look really nice.

Angela August 4, 2009

What else other than green? If you are into more modern looks, a vivid green would be pretty kind of like an entryway to the outside green. Its good for relaxing the eyes too!

Diana August 4, 2009

Oh – I posted with a link – must have gone to junk.
Utterly Beige by Sherwin Williams is nice.
Diana

Shelly August 4, 2009

I’d do a light celery green. I think it would look great with your light siding/door and dark staircase.

Nicole (the other one) August 4, 2009

My dining room is Ralph Lauren Almalfi Red. They have samples at Home Depot…I use the paint sample but by the storebrand paint.

Erin August 4, 2009

I love the Benjamin Moore color “Corn Stalk” – a greenish/khaki color, which is neutral but still fun! It would look great with the wood and whatever you decided to put on the floor.

brandi August 4, 2009

are the chia seeds easy to eat in cereal/smoothies like that? I was wondering how they would be.

a blue or green would look nice with the wood staircase.

Alex August 4, 2009

I think a warm pale yellow is always a crowd pleaser and almost always suits any wall, but I also like the idea of an antique blue colour, to set of the beautiful wooden staircase.

Good luck!

Mar August 4, 2009

I think the room looks so much better. WOW. I would go with something light and neutral. I was thinking maybe a few shades lighter of the grey you used in the work out room. Myself I would go out and find a piece of art work with a wood frame to match the staircase and pick a colour from that. I would also think about any curios, consoles, mirrors, chairs, chaise lounge, or settee’s you might be considering putting in. I’m sure you are planning furniture of some sort even if it is just coat racks I think planning the wood colours and an idea of fabric colour will help you a lot. Then you can sort of see how dark or light those pieces will be to judge how dark you can go with paint. I think a light grey would look nice with the wood and wouldn’t clash with any new flooring or furniture you put in a long the way.

Stefanie August 4, 2009

What about a nice Taupe for the entry way or sage green? You know what they say about the color sage is that it’s a soothing color. It would also look really nice with the dark wood.

Annie August 4, 2009

I think green is here today gone tomorrow just like the rose. I think a very light grey with ceiling and trim in white would look very nice as well. It will highlight the staircase instead of competing with it and a grey makes picking floor covering and mats so easy. It also will be so easy to add art mirrors or a table or even seating with a very light grey.

Recipes for Creativity August 4, 2009

It already does look so much better, Eric has done SO much to that house!

Carla August 4, 2009

Either a golden butter color (but definitely not yellow) to tie in with the gold hues of your staircase or a sage color, as already suggested. But avoid pastels in cool tones. There needs to be warmth to work well with your staircase. Also avoid certain colors with blue undertones such as what was in your pink walls. Blue is a cool color and doesn’t work well with your staircase, but a bit of blue in a sage green could be warm and work well. My preferred color, however, is the first one I mentioned. It would be a beautiful neutral that won’t overpower or detract from your staircase.

Here’s my favorite for you. Bright and cheery (just like you) perfect with your woodwork:

I love the creamy color of the door and paneling. Very contemporary yet elegant and welcoming. I would recommend painting the double doors behind the staircase in the same color. The wood doesn’t seem to match the staircase and disrupts the flow of welcoming energy in your entryway. Either the staircase is your main feature when you walk in your front door or those doors, but not both.

Darlene August 4, 2009

I think a light grey as well. I’m not sure but I think the lead in the windows is a grey already, I can’t really tell. I love a reaaly light grey in entrace ways and hallways. Gives some colour but leaves the area light and feeling bigger then it is. I find it is also very neutral for the rooms that lead off the entrance or hallway.

Eilzabeth August 4, 2009

I was looking at warm neutrals on the Sherwin Williams colorizer tool – I like anonymous, quiver tan, and portico. Our place is all gray, black, white, and wood, so I might be biased :) Downing stone is also nice. Optimistic yellow looks nice, too, and what a name! We have a lovely Sherwin Williams low-voc accent wall in a warm neutral (sometimes gray, sometimes brown) with a very light taupe on the trim.

Thanks for the opportunity to look at something more fun than email and spreadsheets on my lunchbreak :)

Carla August 4, 2009

Also, be sure to paint those metal brackets that attach the staircase to the ceiling. That’s the first time I’ve been able to see them in a house. Usually the hardware is embedded within a decorative beam or other such embellishment. Paint the brackets the same color as the ceiling. :o)

holly the healthy everythingtarian August 4, 2009

i think a bright, sunny light yellow would be a perfect warm, friendly tone for the entry way. you write oh she glows, and your new entryway could glo too :)

judy August 4, 2009

I agree that a nice sage green would look nice. I did not read through all of the comments so forgive me if this has been suggested, but have you thought of “ragging” or “sponging” the color on? :)

She-Fit August 4, 2009

You should do a khaki color … or a light brown.

sarah August 4, 2009

Two of the colors that we’ve used in our house that are light enough to be neutral are Martha Stewart colors (we found her paint at Lowe’s): Cake Stand Blue (very pale icy blue) and Stem Green (also very pale with warm undertones).

Eri August 4, 2009

no yellow. please. ;]
i actually kind of liked the pink- it made entryway more “regal” I guess, and looked good with the wood. But I think Mar’s idea about the picture- is really good. I also think a blue would look nice. It seems everyone is picking sage or yellow(maybe a generational fad?). & I honestly dont think those are the best choices. Just my opinion

lacey August 4, 2009

How about a goldenish pale yellow. You want something that is not too dark but that is fresh and bright without being scary bright. Love your stair case by the way!

Kristin August 4, 2009

I love that you have your green smoothie in a wine glass! Maybe I’ll have to try that!

JB August 4, 2009

i love flax plus! best cereal ever. and i seriously need to buy some chia seeds RIGHT NOW. can you believe that i’ve never tried them?!

as for your wall, what about a light green color? not like a bright lime, but something more earthy and subtle? kind of like this:

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 4, 2009

I think you should do a light, rich red… almost a maroon color on the wall by the door, then have the rest of the walls a sand/off-white color. Gorgeous! :)

xxoo
Heather

Chloe August 4, 2009

I think I nice warm color like a cantaloupe would be nice. I love warm oranges or those type of hues in any room and it would be very welcoming when guests come into your house.

What a good husband for doing all that priming!

Page 1 of 212»