Pink Be Gone

food

Good morning!

I’ve been baking in the kitchen this morning since about 6am. It is amazing how much progress I can make when I get up at 5! Hopefully I don’t hit a wall later…

Breakfast was this delicious Green Monster:

IMG_1318

Ingredients:

• 3 steamed kale leaves
  • 1 T natural Peanut Butter
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 1/2 ripe frozen banana
  • 1 cup Almond Breeze
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cubes ice
  • squirt Kyolic garlic extract

My snack that I had just now was Nature’a Path Flax Plus + AB + chia seeds!

IMG_1328

I still can’t get over how nutritious chia seeds are. They are a vegans best friend I tell ya.

~~~~~~~~~

fixups

Eric and I need your help!

Remember how pink our entry way was…?

It used to be all the colour pink shown in this picture below. Every inch of it was pink.

IMG_1359

As you can now see, Eric has started to prime the entry way! Yippee!

Here are some pictures taken as of the progress he made last night:

Side by side:

IMG_1339

IMG_1360

IMG_1361

IMG_1357

Even though it is just ugly white primer, I already think it looks like a new room!

Now we need your help!

We can’t decide what colour to change the entry way. Any ideas?

If you can be specific with a picture and/or colour name that would be a huge help.

Also note that you don’t need to ‘match’ the colour to the tile floor as we will be ripping them out and replacing them at some point.

I’m back to baking, see you this afternoon!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Sally August 5, 2009

I love Sico paints – they are low VOC which mean they’re better for you and the world. They wear really well and have any colour you could want (and can colour match).

Two great neutrals are:
White Artichoke 6196-11 – subtle green/yellow based white
Rice Paper 6195-31 – a totally “goes with anything” beige

There are many more vivid colours you can go with too! I LOVE Green Leaf, Etruscan Villa or Kennetcook Slate.

Also, they are a Canadian company!

Website is here: http://www.sico.ca with plenty of retail locations in the GTA.

Francesca August 5, 2009

you should try searching “foyer colors” on google… they have great ideas too!

Faith August 4, 2009

My absolute favorite wall color is a pale yellow called “buttercream” by Behr…it goes well with just about any decor and it’s such a cheerful color. Your house is GORGEOUS by the way!

Mrs. Money August 4, 2009

I love Behr’s rejuvenate and Gobi desert. Let me know what you think!

Amanda August 4, 2009

I like yellow, it’s welcoming. Your entry way is beautiful!

Menden (SkinnyMenny) August 4, 2009

Hey there! Do you have Lowe’s in Canada? My boyfriend and I painted our walls the Valspar brand of paint from Lowe’s in “Ivory Brown,” with “Stampede” as the accent wall, with white trim. There is a pic of my den in this post:

(May be kind of hard to see) Anyway – my whole house is very neutral, but those colors are complimentary to just about any decor, and lots of our friends decided to paint those colors as well after they saw how it turned out!

I also like the yellow idea…yellow is very cheery and welcoming!

jess August 4, 2009

i’m sorry if i’ve missed some other posts about this but what other colors are you using in the surrounding rooms? that is something to think about. It may make the decision easier. I was able to throw out some of my paint selections just by holding them up to the colors I had just painted in other rooms. I’m a big fan of having a color plan or scheme thought out, then it doesn’t feel too wild.

Ellen August 4, 2009

i say don’t be afraid of using some color! the entry way is your guests first impression of your home, and should set the tone for the rest of the space as well as express your personality! just because it’s a large space, doesn’t mean it can’t handle color.

Kris August 4, 2009

LOOKS GREAT!!!! General paint – Moose Point

judy August 4, 2009

Me again! I’d like to add that you should consider which direction the doors face, since as far as I can tell, that is your only light source. If it does NOT face north, how much direct sunlight do you get in this room? The pink, the dark floor and the dark wood of the staircase all tend to make the room look dark and closed in, so you would want to do something to brighten it. But if it gets lots of sun most of the day, a yellow MIGHT be too much. Whatever you decide I can see a large oriental rug and a “chandelier”. Not a formal one with all of the draped glass pieces, but maybe a more modern one with a brown cast iron structure and a big upside down domed glass “shade”.

Jenn August 4, 2009

Farrow and Ball’s Vert de Terre, Light Blue or Hay above the wainscotting.