Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Good morning!

I am in a flurry getting ready for Leah’s stagette today! I was up around 7am so I would have time to prep everything and not have to rush too much. I think summer has finally arrived because it is beautiful outside again today! Must be the bridal luck. ;)

I started off my morning with a delicious new green monster.

img 1194 thumb   Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Ohsheglows.com

Ingredients:

• 1 cup soy milk
  • 3 cups steamed spinach
  • 1 squirt Kyolic garlic extract
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 heaping T cocoa
  • 1/3 cup Banana softserve
  • 2 cubes ice
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass wheatgrass

print   Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster Print Recipe

WHOA this was good. It was so chocolatey tasting! I forgot how much I love the taste of cocoa in a green monster. I also forgot about the frozen blueberries that I had in my freezer, so it was a good way to use some more up!

I’m off to go get ready now. I am wearing a very ‘business’ like outfit to the stagette tonight…I’m pretty excited about it! Of course, I am bringing a few shirt options in case I change my mind, lol.

I have a really fun post prepared for this afternoon, be sure to check it out!

I will be telling you all about what new project I am REALLY excited about!!!! :)

Ciao :)

angela signature thumb1   Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Joanna August 1, 2009

I love the blueberry and chocolate combo! In fact, I made some Power Oat bars yesterday intending to add just blueberries, but I didn’t have enough. I scrambled around the kitchen and all I could come up with was 72% cacoa chocolate. Worked like a charm! I can’t wait to hear about your new project.

Cheers!

Joanna

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 1, 2009

That GM sounds so good! I love adding blueberries so my smoothies, but never thought about adding cocoa. It sounds yummy, though.

Sana August 1, 2009

Yum!! I should try that combo tomorrow morning :)

Linda August 1, 2009

I have yet to try chocolate in my GM, gonna have to be getting on that one cause it sounds great!

Have a great time today at the stagette! Looking forward to your next post this afternoon :D

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 1, 2009

Have a fabulous time at the stagette! I can’t wait to hear how it goes and to see your outfit. :D

xxoo
Heather

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 1, 2009

YUM! That sounds so good!! Have SO MUCH fun at Stagette! I hope we can see some pictures!! :)

Taylor August 1, 2009

Chocolate anything is always delicious! Sounds delicious!

britt August 1, 2009

that green monster looks so yummy. i’m staying at the in-laws this weekend so no GM for me this weekend :(

have a fabulous time tonight!!

Pam August 1, 2009

Hey your doing great on the green smoothie challenge!

April August 1, 2009

That GM sounds wonderful! I have a baggie of frozen blubes with protein powder and amazing grass mix in it already. Not on purpose but my shake spilled in the dish while I was freezing blubes…long story. Now I don’t have to put protein powder or amazing grass in my shakes for awhile though :)

Christie August 1, 2009

Just tried a few sprigs of fresh mint in my GM this morning…it tasted so yummy. This would be a good addition with the chocolate I think. I had bluberries, strawberries, a banana, mint, vanilla soy milk, and spinach in my GM today. Turned out to be one of my favorites so far.

cal orey August 2, 2009

Daring. Bold. Did I say daring? I’m a purist with my food and may even go total raw food one day or back to strict vegan…but not sure I can do this drink. Maybe a sip or two–one day at a time. Gotta love the cocoa–yep chocolate is my love.
The Writing Gourmet