Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Good morning!

I am in a flurry getting ready for Leah’s stagette today! I was up around 7am so I would have time to prep everything and not have to rush too much. I think summer has finally arrived because it is beautiful outside again today! Must be the bridal luck. ;)

I started off my morning with a delicious new green monster.

IMG_1194

Chocolate Blueberry Banana Green Monster

Ohsheglows.com

Ingredients:

• 1 cup soy milk
  • 3 cups steamed spinach
  • 1 squirt Kyolic garlic extract
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 heaping T cocoa
  • 1/3 cup Banana softserve
  • 2 cubes ice
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass wheatgrass

Print Recipe

WHOA this was good. It was so chocolatey tasting! I forgot how much I love the taste of cocoa in a green monster. I also forgot about the frozen blueberries that I had in my freezer, so it was a good way to use some more up!

I’m off to go get ready now. I am wearing a very ‘business’ like outfit to the stagette tonight…I’m pretty excited about it! Of course, I am bringing a few shirt options in case I change my mind, lol.

I have a really fun post prepared for this afternoon, be sure to check it out!

I will be telling you all about what new project I am REALLY excited about!!!! :)

Ciao :)

Angela_Signature

cal orey August 2, 2009

Daring. Bold. Did I say daring? I’m a purist with my food and may even go total raw food one day or back to strict vegan…but not sure I can do this drink. Maybe a sip or two–one day at a time. Gotta love the cocoa–yep chocolate is my love.
The Writing Gourmet

Christie August 1, 2009

Just tried a few sprigs of fresh mint in my GM this morning…it tasted so yummy. This would be a good addition with the chocolate I think. I had bluberries, strawberries, a banana, mint, vanilla soy milk, and spinach in my GM today. Turned out to be one of my favorites so far.

April August 1, 2009

That GM sounds wonderful! I have a baggie of frozen blubes with protein powder and amazing grass mix in it already. Not on purpose but my shake spilled in the dish while I was freezing blubes…long story. Now I don’t have to put protein powder or amazing grass in my shakes for awhile though :)

Pam August 1, 2009

Hey your doing great on the green smoothie challenge!

britt August 1, 2009

that green monster looks so yummy. i’m staying at the in-laws this weekend so no GM for me this weekend :(

have a fabulous time tonight!!

Taylor August 1, 2009

Chocolate anything is always delicious! Sounds delicious!

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 1, 2009

YUM! That sounds so good!! Have SO MUCH fun at Stagette! I hope we can see some pictures!! :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 1, 2009

Have a fabulous time at the stagette! I can’t wait to hear how it goes and to see your outfit. :D

xxoo
Heather

Linda August 1, 2009

I have yet to try chocolate in my GM, gonna have to be getting on that one cause it sounds great!

Have a great time today at the stagette! Looking forward to your next post this afternoon :D

Sana August 1, 2009

Yum!! I should try that combo tomorrow morning :)

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 1, 2009

That GM sounds so good! I love adding blueberries so my smoothies, but never thought about adding cocoa. It sounds yummy, though.

Joanna August 1, 2009

I love the blueberry and chocolate combo! In fact, I made some Power Oat bars yesterday intending to add just blueberries, but I didn’t have enough. I scrambled around the kitchen and all I could come up with was 72% cacoa chocolate. Worked like a charm! I can’t wait to hear about your new project.

Cheers!