Summer Glow Boot Camp!

flag canada2 thumb   Summer Glow Boot Camp!

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!!!!

Why I am proud to be Canadian:

I am proud to be a Canadian because we are FRIENDLY people! It sounds cliché, but it is TRUE!

I also love the beauty of our country and the diversity in climate that you find all over. Where else can you find several inches of snow in the summer?! ;) Sadly, I haven’t even visited a tiny portion of Canada’s countryside, but I would LOVE to do a cross country trip some day! :)

Yes, I love BEER, HOCKEY, and love to say ‘EH’ just like the rest of ‘em…but I DON’T live in an igloo (although I think my dad did as a kid).

And because who doesn’t love some good Canadian jokes…

CANADIAN JOKE #1
A Canadian is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.
His friend Doug stops him and asks, "Hey Bob! Whacha get the case of beer
for?"
"I got it for my wife, eh." answers Bob.
"Oh!" exclaims Doug, "Good trade."

CANADIAN JOKE #2
In Canada, we have two seasons…six months of winter and six months of poor snowmobiling

I hope those put a smile on your face! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

summerglowbannercopy3 thumb2   Summer Glow Boot Camp!

The Summer Glow Boot Camp has officially begun!!!

Visit the SGBC page to read all about it!

angela signature thumb71   Summer Glow Boot Camp!

Want to participate in the SGBC?
Simply leave a comment on this post letting me know your best healthy living tip! :)

nic July 1, 2009

YAYYY!!!!
Happy Canada Day first!! ;) I’d love to be in Canada right now! :)

And thanks for this awesome new Challenge!! I’m on my way to explore the new page and I’m really eager to get this started!!
This Challenge will go better then the last!! (In which I really sucked!!)
So thanks!! And have a nice day!! <3

Katie July 1, 2009

my best health living tip is that i go on three 30 minute walks a day which is a total of 10,000 steps and they say walking 10,000 steps a day is the best way to keep your body healthy from disease. I spread each walk out from morning, afternoon and evening, and i feel great after each walk! :)

Jocelyn July 1, 2009

yay! happy Canada day!! EHHH! :D I love having Canada day off and celebrating our country! :D

I’m in so many challenge’s right now..so why the heck not lol

Sounds so exciting.
I guess my healthy living tip..that I try to go by..= embrace balance…drink a buttload of water, eat healthy, but also eat some sweets, get outside and get moving! Pretty simple ;) I am putting that glowbootcamp ad in my sidebar riiiight now.

Marina July 1, 2009

Happy Canada day!
I definitely want to participate!
my best tip would be: Learn to love exercising, not because it makes you thin, love it because it makes you happy and strong. Enjoy healthy food, because it nourishes you the way you deserve, and it’s pretty tasty! : )

hk July 1, 2009

I’m in! So excited to participate!! My healthy living tip: be prepared with healthy meal and snack ideas for daily eats while at home and vacation- healthy meals are easy with a well stocked fridge of produce! Also, find ways to be active everyday- just MOVE!! Xoxxo thanks ange :)

Hangry Pants July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day my Canadian friend.

Also, I went to my first Lululemon the other day and thought of you and your love for it!

Pam July 1, 2009

Yay! I’m so excited to start this. I love how it focuses on being healthy!

My biggest healthy living tip is planning ahead with my meals and snacks. It’s a huge help to keep me from eating unplanned food.

Thanks for starting this, you are truly and inspiration!

Janie July 1, 2009

I’m definitely in! I’m so excited about this challenge, hopefully it will help me to overcome my negative attitude and help me get to a better place with my relationship with myself. Thanks for doing this! My healthy living tip is to learn to love exercise for the way it makes you feel, not the way it makes you look. I’m working on this one myself…

Ashley July 1, 2009

Hi Angela! :) Happy Canada Day! I was born very close to Canada (Niagara Falls) so a little part of me is celebrating! ;)

I am SO excited to participate in SGBC in July! I actually JUST got engaged to my boyfriend this past Sunday (he proposed on the TOP of Mt. Washington – after we climbed to the 6,288 ft. summit! It’s the tallest mountain in the North East!). I am so excited to start wedding planning – which also includes getting my “healthy self” back up to par. :) My healthy living tip: Don’t think of exercise as a chore – any daily activity can become exercise! Cleaning, dancing around, walking to the grocery store, etc.

Excited to get started today! :)

Krista July 1, 2009

Hi Angela! I started reading your blog at the very end of the BBBC and I am so excited to get to participate in this one! My favorite healthy living tip: eat well when you can control it (ie. home cooked meals) but don’t stress when you can’t control it. Also, exercise should be fun for you and make you feel good- NOT just to lose weight!

kim July 1, 2009

Yay for SGBC! I’m so excited for this! I’ve been trying to stay motivated and since we just booked our photographer for the wedding and engagement shoots (eek!) I’m really wanting to look my best so I feel good and show my “inner glow” on these pictures.

My best healthy living tip is moderation and balance. I tend to do really well or do nothing. I need to learn how to stay in the middle and be happy. I’m getting better.

Katherine July 1, 2009

Yay! I’m in for the SGBC!!

My tip is: Do something you love every single day :)

Ellen July 1, 2009

My Healthy Living Tip is to get some exercise every single day! It’s amazing what a 10 minute walk or quick yoga session can do to brighten my mood. :)

shannon July 1, 2009

I’m in! So excited about this!!!

My healthy living tip:
You have to make your health a priority. There is always time to get in a quick exercise if you really want it. Eating good and exercising should not be thought of with dread. I think of it as a lifestyle and not a diet.

Sam July 1, 2009

I missed participating in the BBBC and am super excited to be around for the SGBC! One of my best healthy living tips is to simply enjoy what you are doing. Find exercise and activity that you love. Find healthy foods that excite your taste buds. Love the feeling of your body after a healthy meal or invigorating sweat session. The more you find joy in life, the more you are likely to continue to pursue that healthy lifestyle and (of course) the happier you will be.

Also, it’s all about balance!

Whitney July 1, 2009

I am so excited for SGBC! My best healthy living tip is simple. Drink LOTS of water. I drink water all through the day and probably get in about 100 oz each day. It helps keep my skin clear and GLOWING!

Brandi C July 1, 2009

Surround yourself with positive people who encourage and you and lift you up!

Amie July 1, 2009

I’m so excited to participate in the SGBC! My favorite healthy living tip: Make time for myself…whether I am working out, reading, napping, etc….I need it for my sanity.

Maureen July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day
I am reading this while drinking my first Green monster very good, I cannot wait to start this program. It may be corny and an old remedy but my healthy tip is “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” really is a true way to stay healthy.

Jennifer July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!!!

My tip: Do some form of activity every day.

Baylee July 1, 2009

Im in! And my number 1 healthy living tip is STAY HYDRATED and drink LOTS of water!!

Kayla July 1, 2009

I’m totally in!
My tip: move a little everyday, even if it’s just a quick walk around the office.

Erika July 1, 2009

Yay!! Count me in! My healthy tip is totally cliche, but everything in moderation. When I am craving something ‘bad’ I allow myself a little taste so I don’t binge later.

Shelby July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day! I’ve always wanted to visit but the cold puts me off haha.

My best healthy living tip: Think positive thoughs and be happy!

CATIEDIDIT July 1, 2009

I’m excited about this because I discovered your blog way too late to join the last challenge!

My best healthy living tip is playing ultimate frisbee a couple times a week. It’s a fast paced, team sport (kind of like soccer but with a frisbee). It forces me to push myself athletically (running and sprinting), but also gives me other health benefits. For example, finding a team to play with when I moved to a new city gave me a bunch of new friends and tons of opportunities to laugh and smile. I definitely think enjoying your life is a healthy living tip!

Maxine July 1, 2009

My tip: Eat to live, not live to eat.

This is especially important for people who eat processed foods that are bad for you. Although, now that I eat clean most of the time, I eat to live and live to eat because healthy food is really tasty. Nothing better than shrimp, mango, avocado, black beans, cilantro and lime.

So July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!
I am sooooo excited about the SGBC. I recently discovered your blog and I am hooked! I read all about the BBBC, and it sounded so much fun. I am 6 wk postpartum, and I have started exercising 4 weeks ago on my own doing yoga for the core, walking, Jillian videos and a bit of running. However I see the SGBC as a source of motivation and a fun, challenging way to get stronger and back in shape WITHOUT overobsessing on the scale numbers.

My healthy living tip: think “rainbow” when it comes to your plate – each day choose foods that comes in a variety of colors.

Kate B July 1, 2009

My healthy living tip is that I schedule my workday to have a workout. I know I do best when I workout before going to work, but if I know I have to wait until after work it is scheduled in there and that is my time!

Also something that has made my life happier and healthier is straining 1% yogurt (this is for thickness) to make homemade Greek yogurt. I am always so happy to have it as dessert or a snack with berries! It is so thick and creamy and delicious!

I’m so excited to do this!

-Kate

Candice July 1, 2009

I’m so excited for the summer boot camp. I didn’t participate in the last one, and I wished that I did! Thanks for doing another one!

My best healthy living tip is to find exercise you enjoy. For the last few weeks I’ve been dreading working out because I was burnt out on what I was doing. So the day before yesterday I went and joined a new gym. I have loved getting up to go to classes the last couple of days. It is so amazing to actually look forward to your workout!

leatitia (inspire lea) July 1, 2009

Happy Canada day! I’m working today (had my day off Monday instead – I think it’s ridiculous, working on a national holiday!) but I’m still in the spirit with red nails and a big smile :)

Have a great day and have fun at your picnic! :)

Christina July 1, 2009

My healthy living tip is to go food shopping at least once a week. I can make much healthier meals when I have fresh fruit and vegetables on hand!

Sarah Jayne July 1, 2009

My favorite healthy living tip (since I have MANY!) is to keep in mind the 80-20 overall “rule”- 80% clean nutrition eating & 20% craving-inserted-here. It keeps me sane, and prevents any feelings of guilt or shame for indulgences! Life is too short to limit ourselves!

Megan July 1, 2009

My healthy living tip is drink lots of water!! Happy Canada Day Angela!

Danielle July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day to you! I have only been to Vancouver, and loved it, I am sure the rest of the country is gorgeous as well!

I’m in for SGBC! My tip: get outside and breathe fresh air! Being cooped up inside all day takes its toll after some time, so enjoy the sunlight!

Sarah July 1, 2009

My favorite healthy tip is to exercise no matter what you do and to do what you enjoy. Why spend an hour of your life doing something you hate? Find a cardio, heart pumping activity that you love then you will start to love exercise :)

Katy G. July 1, 2009

My tip is Be flexible! Life happens and sometimes you can’t workout for an hour, but you do have 15 minutes! This tip has helped me lose 30 pounds (I used to be all or nothing!!).

Kelly July 1, 2009

Yay! This looks like fun :-)
My healthy living tip is freshness — fresh veggies, fresh fruits, fresh meat, fresh everything-you-can-get-your-hands-on.
A lot of people say it’s more expensive, but I’ve found buying my freshness at a local farmer’s market makes it way more affordable than the grocery store!

And probably my second one (since it’s a tie in my mind) is my exercise. I ALWAYS ALWAYS do it. When I started, I had to think of it kind of like work — it isn’t an “option” if I go to work, so it isn’t an “option” if I work out! But now, after 3 years of continual exercise, I find I really miss it if I don’t do it.

Help Meghan Run July 1, 2009

My best tip: love yourself and be healthy for yourself. Don’t exercise like crazy and restrict your eating to just lose weight, but do things that are good for you. Drink water, eat healthy, be active, and SLEEP.

HelpMeghanRun.com

Jess July 1, 2009

My best living tip is to surround yourself with love. People, pets, memories, etc. You can’t help but feel good about yourself when love is all around you.

(Of course, eating healthy and exercise is also important!)

Amy July 1, 2009

VEGGIES! Keep them on hand and available… in the purse, etc. Helps me curb the afternoon hungries!

Page 1 of 812345»...Last »