On The Fly!

Wow, do you guys ever love a good sale!!!

I spent about 9 hours doing all of my On The Glo bar orders today….man, I am pooped! ;)

img 8563 thumb   On The Fly!

I treat my customers well. :D I’ve also been known to throw in a few free goodies into orders…

img 8564 thumb   On The Fly! img 8556 thumb   On The Fly!

Does anyone ever feel like this some days…lol…

tzun260l thumb   On The Fly!

food thumb14   On The Fly!

I must admit- I have been eating on the fly lately! I have been so busy that I have literally had 10 mins for my meals lately and have as a result been inhaling my meals so I can get back to work. Not very good of me!

My MIL was over and came in my office last week (it was around 11pm) and she said, ‘Do you ever take breaks from work or do you always work straight until bedtime?’ That’s when it kind of hit me that I don’t take breaks. I have been working 16 hour days for the past while trying to get my business off the ground and I will admit it is hard for me to take nights off when I could be working on things. I think I need to find more of a balance again…and start scheduling mini breaks throughout the day. When one works from home I guess there is no division of work life and home life! I must work on that more.

MY DELICIOUS EATS:

GREEN MONSTER!!

img 8507 thumb   On The Fly!

Ingredients: 1 cup soy milk, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Berry Powder, 1 banana, 1 T Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup blueberries, ice, 4 cups steamed spinach

I also forgot to mention, my awesome friend Steve gave me that bottle of Yellow Tail when he came over last night! I might have to break into it tonight…Thanks Steve!

Apple and Mary’s Crackers:

img 8380 thumb   On The Fly!img 8393 thumb   On The Fly!

Black Eyed Pea Spinach Salad:

img 7740 thumb   On The Fly! img 7743 thumb   On The Fly!

Leftover Amy’s Pizza:

img 8417 thumb   On The Fly!

I microwaved this pizza and it was HORRIBLY MUSHY!!! Note to self: Reheat this pizza in the oven! I also burned the roof of my mouth (again eating too fast! lol)

I also had one of my On The Glo Bars to make sure they tasted ok. ;)

summerglowbootcampcopy thumb1   On The Fly!

The day has almost arrived!!!

Summer Glow Boot Camp begins TOMORROW! I am busy as a bee tonight trying to get everything ready to roll out tomorrow morning. :D I hope you are as excited as I am!!! We have over $1,000 in fun contest prizes to be won!

Summer Glow Boot Camp Clue:

• Get your notepads out because being you was never so beautiful!

~~~~~~~

See you tomorrow AM for the start of Summer Glow Boot Camp!!! This is going to be one fabulous month!

CANADA DAY, July 1st:

The 5k race isn’t looking good for tomorrow- it is supposed to rain. :(

I will also be showing you what I am making for our Canada Day Picnic!! Will we have to have it indoors or outdoors? We shall see ;) I will show you some great healthy recipes and meals ideas for the Canada Day/4th of July holiday!!

angela signature thumb70   On The Fly!

Tonight’s question: How do you fit in ‘me time’ or mini relaxation breaks through busy and hectic days? Is there something that you do everyday that makes you feel happy and relaxed?

I need your tips!!! :)

Jocelyn June 30, 2009

HI angela..your packaging looks really pretty and you can tell you put ALOT of work into it… :) I bet you are so pooped! On one hand it is great to know (must be a great feeling) that your buisness is getting off the ground and taking off! On the other hand, you must be exhausted and really deserve a break away from it all! Even if just for an hour or two :) You do deserve that!!!

and by looking out the window right now..as it POURS rain (as it is sunny as well) I think you might be having a picnic inside tomorrow…the weather forcast ain’t lookin pretty…we already cancelled an outdoor trip we had planned for FRIDAY..with our camp. Boo!!

Jocelyn June 30, 2009

p.s if I feel I need me time..I will give myself a mini facial…do a 30 minute yoga session ..light some candles..and be zen..it has to be completely alone though. I like my alone time ;) Usually right when I get up or mid day works best (If I’m not at work)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 30, 2009

I feel like when I write a blog post that it is kind of “me” time and also, usually a few hours before bed I like to take a nice hot bath. However, not too close to bed time because then it can interrupt sleep. I always read in bed before turning off the light too. On my days off, Mirza and I also like to watch Jeopardy. We’re really not 72 years old, but that is kind of my “relax” time.
I made a blog post today and mentioned your blog, btw.
Can’t wait to come home from work tomorrow and read about the SGBC!

leslie June 30, 2009

i am the same way; i always feel like i could be doing something more instead of taking a break. it’s hard, because you want to make yourself or your business a success, and it always feels like the more work you do, the more opportunities you’ll have. but remember that you don’t want to get burnt out! i think meals are a great opportunity to take “me-time.” step away from work, enjoy the food, and just relax with yourself. even on a hectic day, i always try to start off with a nice slow breakfast so i’m not stressed going into the day!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 30, 2009

Can’t wait to see your Canada Day ideas! I’m sure they are fab.

I have a hard time fitting breaks into my day too. To be honest, I usually take mini breaks to make to-do lists so I feel more in control…haha!

Pam Striker June 30, 2009

Happy Canada Day, Angela and Eric!

Enjoy!

Pam

Christina June 30, 2009

Cooking is what I do for “me” time but I guess that is your job also so it wouldn’t work for you! Can’t wait to see more about the Summer Glo Boot Camp!

erika June 30, 2009

Congrats on getting everything done! I am anxiously awaiting the SGBC tomorrow!

Danielle June 30, 2009

Can’t wait for SGBC!!! Woohoo!

You HAVE been a busy bee haven’t you? Those packages look awesome, its obvious you put care into your work.

I agree that “me” time is hard!! Most of my “me” time is working out, I really get to relax and think about what I want and do what I love. So, especially since its been staying light out later, I MAKE SURE to leave work on time. I know it is harder when you work form home, but maybe you can set an alarm for 5 or 6pm and commit to 30-60 minutes of downtime? I literally have set myself an alarm to leave work on especially hectic days, knowing that if I do take some downtime I will be all the better!

Jenny June 30, 2009

Wow you are definitely a busy lady! I think you should definitely enjoy some of that Yellowtail tonight ;)

I do take mini breaks when I have hectic days, or when I’m studying for hours on end. It’s the only way I can stay focused and not go insane! things like taking a walk, reading/commenting on blogs, and even cleaning help me to take a breather and stay on track.

VeggieGirl June 30, 2009

I wish I had access to your baked goods!!

Emily June 30, 2009

Since you work at home, try to designate areas as “working” areas and “relaxing” areas. Do all your work in your office (and kitchen, of course!); don’t bring it into the living room or bedroom, so then you actually feel like you are getting away when you leave the office. This works for me; I need that separation!

Enjoy your holiday!!

Jenn June 30, 2009

LOL, I thought maybe the Yellowtail was a “special” ingredient in your GM today. ;)

You are one busy beaver (good Canadian girl). I think that working from home certainly has it’s advantages but at the same time it’s hazards. I mean, the line between professional and personal is far more gray than for someone working outside the home. I think the suggestion that was made about setting your “quitting time” alarm and taking 30 to 60 minutes for YOU, sounds wonderful.

My “me time” comes when I go to the gym. Many times it happens early in the morning long before the rest of my family is even awake, but regardless I dedicate that time to me….to sweat and clear my mind to prepare for the rest of my day which, inevitably, is always a whirlwind.

kels June 30, 2009

I just have to tell you that my husband is drinking a green monster with red wine in it! Surprisingly, it is actually not bad! I just thought it was hilarious since you had a bottle of wine in your green monster picture!

omg!! :) That doesn’t taste horrible?? too funny!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 30, 2009

I love the idea of setting the alarm!!! *going to get one now* :)

Lizzie June 30, 2009

If you want to reheat a couple of slices of pizza, get a small frying pan, spray with olive oil (or whatever you use for spray stuff), put slices in, cover with foil and then just monitor until they’re warm and cheese is gooey.

Your bakery items look SO good!

Kristy June 30, 2009

This is not related exactly to this post but …I am sitting here reading your blog (along with Jenna’s) sucking on my green monster, only to realize it is gone already!!! They are so darn good! Also had to tell you, I broke up an On the Glo bar the other night mixed with a banana and soy milk…OMG, I could eat like 7!! Again, so darn good! Can’t wait until tomorrow. Kristy :)

rebecca June 30, 2009

I can’t wait till you can ship to the US they look so yummy. For me time I get up early in the am or stay up a bit late. I have a son and I need my time to myself or all is not well. If momma isn’t happy no one is happy!!

Bec June 30, 2009

wow thats a lot of bars!

AGS June 30, 2009

Emily’s idea of separate areas is a great one! Also — I have a 10:40 alarm on the cell phone. That tells me I have to wrap up so that I can actually talk to my husband and get enough sleep.

Lynn June 30, 2009

:) Happy Canada Day tomorrow!!! I agree with your Mommy… need to take some rest time every now and then!

Shelby June 30, 2009

I hate inhaling my meals, I feel so gross. But sometimes its neccessary. Oh well, at least we eat healthy the rest of the time. One or two days won’t hurt.

Katie June 30, 2009

Darn rain! Hoping it doesn’t rain here Sat I have to boot block for TNT. Not possible in the rain :’( Definitely get your me time. I will say I’ve had some issues of spreading myself too thin and just breaking down. I have been forced to know my limits. Although people may tell me I don’t have time for me time it is my way of coping with a crazy life. Sundays are my day I Don’t work out and I don’t get off the couch if I don’t want to ALL day. No HW, No Work, No Runs (although that is relaxing) NOTHING I don’t want to do. Maybe shop or go to a movie, but generally just rest. My other days I give myself computer, nap or book time because otherwise I get overwhelmed and nothing done. The key is knowing your limits, you don’t want to become resentful of your job! I think you have an amazing business idea, but your goal is health right? 16 hour no break days are NOT healthy :)

Katherine June 30, 2009

‘me’ time is so important, but it’s so easy to forget! i try to find at least 20 minutes every day to myself. i enjoy listening to music on my walk to work, singing to a favorite song (not on my walk, that would be embarrassing!!), doing some yoga, stretching and doing some downward facing dogs, just sitting quietly with a cup of tea. whatever it takes. i rarely get more than 10-20 minutes of ‘me’ time in a sitting so i try to keep my actions simple, yet fulfilling. good luck in your search for a balance and i can’t wait for the SGBC tomorrow!

Jessica June 30, 2009

Awww your packages are sooooo cute. I want some so bad!

Is it too late to join SGBC? I have been so busy!
Is it crazy that I look forward to reading your blog everyday? I just get so excited when you have a new post.

Have a great day tomorrow and see you in the morning, haha ;)
-Muffy

Jessica June 30, 2009

Haha that’s okay I understand – do I have to be on time at 8am? lol :) See you in the morning girly!
-Muffy

Danielle C. July 1, 2009

Can’t wait to hear about SGBC, as for me time I think of my workouts as me time. I know it sounds cliche or corny but I like working out that much. I work from home as well and that has actually helped me to have me time. BUT I work for a major corporation and right now we do have a lot of down time (today was not down unfortunately, I was slammed and worked a bit of overtime but still made sure to take an hour for lunch for a lovely sunny day run).

Mary July 1, 2009

Hi Angela,
I have 3 kids…me time is the only way to keep my sanity! My ‘me time’ has become my workouts. I leave my phone in the car and no one can reach me for the entire hour I’m at the gym or outside running. The other thing I do, (learned this from hubby), I select a day and tell every one it’s my morning. Which means, I do not drive anyone any where, cook anything for anyone (except me) and spend this time doing something I love. Usually involves a run, then a nice breakfast and a morning of reading and catching up on my emails or just watching something on tv that I want to watch.

Good luck finding your ‘me time’. It’s so important!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous July 1, 2009

Hey girlie! Just caught up on your posts from yesterday!! The BBQ looked like so much fun!

Can’t wait for the SGBC to start today!! I will be watching for it!

Something I do every.single.day is take me time to sit and read! And I don’t mean read health/fitness/cooking/baking books. I mean a book non related to everyday things! For instance, right now I am reading New Moon from the Twilight series! Even if it is 30 minutes it gives me some down time to chill and enjoy something else other than the rat race of my day!

Marina July 1, 2009

I have to have my me time everyday!
With studying and going to classes, it’s kinda hard to fit it in a day, but I manage. Usually, “me” time is when I eat breakfast, going through blogs and news. I just love doing that, with a hot bowl of oats and a cup of tea or coffee. I also enjoy everyday doing something with my boyfriend, watching a movie during dinner, or something like that. Keeps me sane.

Shannon (The Daily Balance) July 1, 2009

So good to hear business is goig se well – it’s certainly no surprise! ;) can’t wait to hear more about summer boot camp

Amie July 1, 2009

Excited for the SGBC! Random question…what type of plant is that on your counter? I noticed it in the birthday party photos but forgot to ask…
Thanks!

Susan July 1, 2009

I can totally see how working from home can actually lead to overworking!! When I was in school, I used to take breaks by going outside for a mini-walk, or reading a chapter of a book. Nice way to take 20-30 minutes to myself and would break up the day with some “me time.”

I remember reading somewhere recently that re-heating pizza in a skillet can keep it from getting mushy. I like that idea a lot more than turning the oven on just to heat a couple pieces. And have you ever tried the Yellow Tail Bubbly? I don’t drink wine or champagne, but I looooove that stuff!

Amie July 1, 2009

MONEY TREE! Love it! Now I remember that you mentioned it before…gonna have to get one if I can find one!

Fitzalan July 1, 2009

My me time is usually working out. I try to always get time to do that. When it comes to pampering, relaxing or simply slowing down–I don’t always get days like that. Actually, I rarely get days like that. I have an issue where I feel guilty if I take a good break if I hadn’t planned it. I feel lazy if I just veg out. When I do take some me time, it is usually with a magazine or a book out on my front porch.

Happiness Awaits