Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

img 7872 thumb1   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Mmmmm.

If you click it, it gets even more delicious looking.

We got the best fresh strawberries from the market last Saturday! Since Eric was ploughing through the quart at a good pace, so I knew I had to get in there and have some before they did a disappearing act.

I am so glad that I didn’t end up putting these in my Green Monster. They deserved to be eaten on their own, with no other masking or competing tastes! :)

We don’t buy berries often because they are so pricey, so it is a nice treat to have them around!

You can almost taste them off the screen, can’t you?

img 7870 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Of course, I had a Green Monster to go along with it…but the berries were the star of the show, that is for sure!

img 7862 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

In the mix:

• 1/4 cup cantaloupe
  • 1 T natural peanut butter
  • 4 cups steamed spinach (does steaming it today with scalding hot water count? lol)
  • 1.25 cup PC Low fat Soy Milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • Kyolic Garlic extract

The juicy cantaloupe added a nice refreshing taste to this Green Monster! I will definitely be adding it again. :)

fun thumb7   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Yesterday I made a ton of Gl’oreos!

img 7824 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

I ‘veganized’ my recipe!

img 7822 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Dinner was a delicious veggie wrap and steamed baby carrots

img 7863 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

I didn’t over cook them this time! No Sir eee!

img 7867 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

This tomato was so close to being ‘too ripe’…but we got it just in time.

img 7869 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

I can’t say that much for the other tomato…I picked it off the windowsill and it exploded in my hand! I had to laugh…

It literally EXPLODED. Tomato guts everywhere. Wish I had a pic of that…

With ‘ketchup’ (tomato paste) and ‘relish’ (avocado) :D

img 7868 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

It was SO hot in this house yesterday that I drank probably 4 Amazing Grass Berry Swamp Waters!!! They are so good with lots of ice and sooooo refreshing. I crave them all day long!

img 7861 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Dessert was this bad boy!

img 7836 thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

…ok, ok…

x2! :D

I have more pictures to show you or a couple other goodies but my camera battery died so I’ll have to wait!

Last night we started watching Confessions of a Shopaholic and it was SO CUTE!!! :) We didn’t finish it yet (I got too sleepy) but I absolutely loved it so far.

summerglowbootcampcopy thumb   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

SGBC Casting Call:

Do you want to be featured in the SGBC? Do you know some fun and unique strength exercises that require no equipment? Well, here is your chance to shine!

What you need to do:

1. Pick one or two of your favourite unique toning exercises that require no equipment (although regular household items like chair, steps, soup cans are ok).

2. Have someone take 1-2 pictures of you (or another agreeing individual) doing the exercise.

3. Write up a brief description/instructions of the exercise.

4. Email me the pictures along with the name of the exercise and brief description to ohsheglows@gmail.com

5. Casting call closes at 4pm EST on Saturday June 27th, 2009.

Today’s Clue:

Aren’t prizes truly Amazing???

freeforall thumb7   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

1) Be sure to check out Eric’s blog if you haven’t already. He has a new post up on light switches and dimmers. Just when you thought there was no reason to think about these sorts of things! Eric says, ‘There’s more to life than Green Monsters, Ange!!’ lol. Ok, I made that up, but that’s something he’d say. Now go check it out…and embrace your inner tech goddess!

2) Glo Bakery website is being updated! Check it out. As a quick reminder I am taking Canadian orders, but I am still looking into the regulations for exporting goods to the US. Thanks for your patience!

3) Does your boyfriend or husband drink Green Monsters? Want to surprise him with a GM shirt? Well, now is your chance! I have added some ‘boyfriend’ tees to the collection. They are awesome organic tees too. If you’d like a women’s tee in the organic cotton let me know!

I LOVE this one below:

untitled thumb7   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Now I just need to get Eric to start drinking them. I’m thinking he should do a blog post about it??? ;)

Back to the kitchen…3 more orders today!

WOW how is it Thursday already!!!!???

Audios!

angela signature thumb55   Real Men Drink Green Monsters.

Coco Knudson June 25, 2009

Your pictures look amazing!!!!! I would even eat those strawberries and I don’t even like them haha. When I started using my Nikon to take my foodie pictures everything became worlds better. Can’t wait to check out the new Glo Bakery site.
I got my boyfriend to finally try a green monstah and he loved it! I mean who wouldn’t? Have a great Thursday!

Sam June 25, 2009

Those strawberries actually look amazing. I want some! There’s nothing better than perfectly ripe strawberries in my opinion!

shannon June 25, 2009

Mmmm…the Glo-reos look DELICIOUS!!! You must post this recipe!

leslie June 25, 2009

yum, those berries look so fresh! i let myself buy berries once a week in the summer. they’re too good to pass up, but sadly too expensive to buy too much! i could seriously just sit and eat a whole container and be perfectly content.

Bec June 25, 2009

mmm glorios look amazing!

brandi June 25, 2009

love the gl’oreos :) they look so good!

and I’ve had tomatoes explode on me before, too. cleaning up tomato guts is fun, huh?

Krista June 25, 2009

A casting call is a great idea to get some new exercises! Brilliant!

The Amazing prize would be just AMAZING!

Lindsey (Mrs. LC) June 25, 2009

I can’t believe Eric hasn’t tried a GM yet!! What is he waiting for?? My husband loves them (with spinach) and I think other bloggers have been featuring their husbands/ boyfriends admitting spinach GMs “aren’t bad”. Do it! Do it! Do it! (Video of his initial reaction? lol)

Katherine June 25, 2009

Your pictures are beautiful!! My husband prefers green monsters that feature much more fruit than greens, but I’m working on him! He actually picked up my packet of Amazing Grass this morning and asked (nonjudgmentally!) what was in it. I was so impressed and excited, but I kept it all inside…wouldn’t want to scare him away by being too excited!! hehe

The casting call is great! Now I have to convince my husband that I’m not crazy when I ask him to photograph me exercising in our living room ;-)

Good luck with your baking orders today, beautiful!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 25, 2009

mmmmm love strawberries! Unfortunately, I think the season is coming to an end here in Florida. However, the closer we get to the fall, the more excited I am because then my CSA starts!!

april June 25, 2009

I love fresh fruit!

I sent in my casting call entry! Can’t wait to see everyone’s moves!

jessica June 25, 2009

After seeing the pics of the Gl’oreos I cannot wait until it’s hometime!! Mmmmm…

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 25, 2009

ps: if you have some extra strawberries then I highly recommend the No Bake Strawberry Pie. I found the recipe on Crazy, Sexy, Cancer and made it in March.
Here are some pictures!

It is on this page, but lower down http://crazysexylife.com/category/recipes/

Lauren June 25, 2009

Hey Angela!

I was just checking out the Glo Bakery website- LOVE IT!!!

I saw that the raw chocolate chip cookies and raw granola bars both only contain oats, and no other grain. You should maybe offer people the chocice of choosing gluten-free oats in these baked goods because that way they would be completely gluten-free for people who suffer from celiac disease and gluten intolerances, like me! :P

Bob’s Red Mill makes has some good gluten-free oats that you can buy at Planet Organic and other smaller health food stores…if you were wondering. ;)

Ann June 25, 2009

Mmm, yummy! I love strawberries–there are a couple of “Pick Your Own” farms in my area and I recently picked several pounds of strawberries. SO good, PLUS the satisfaction of having picked your own local food makes it 10x yummier! I did try them in a GM but I wouldn’t recommend it, the flavor definitely overwhelms the berries, and I just didn’t like the overall flavor as much.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 25, 2009

Those strawberries look amazing!!! So juicy and fresh. Definitely picture-worthy!

I LOVE adding cantaloupe to my GM. It adds such a sweet, refreshing flavor that’s similar to mangos, except a little less overpowering. LOVE IT!

xxoo
Heather

Shelby June 25, 2009

Ok wow, this is the best post ever!

The strawberries are amazingly beautiful and delicious looking.
The Gl’Oreos look scrumptious.
And that veggies wrap is making me drool!

YUM!

Danielle C. June 25, 2009

Yum, can I steal one of your berries? I went to the store last night to get more berries and they all looked horrible. No berries for me. :(

I liked Confessions of a Shopaholic, I read all of the books so I couldn’t wait to see the movie. LOL.

jenna June 25, 2009

Hahahahahah i have GOT to get Ryan that shirt!!!! too funny.

elliebelle June 25, 2009

Oh man, I hope you can start shipping to the US cause I am dying for some of those Gl’oreos!!!!

Jess June 25, 2009

Those berries look so fresh and juicy! Love your green monster! I’m so jealous of everyone’s Amazing Grass Shaker Cup (??) because it’s the perfect way to drink a GM!
<3 jess

Quisha June 25, 2009

Mmmm, look at that cookie :D I’m grinning just thinking of the sweetness. Haha.

You bake so often. I have a question: Did you have to turn your kitchen into a commercial kitchen in order to bake goodies there? I know all states and countries are different sometimes. Thanks!

Kelly L. June 25, 2009

Angela,

I LOVE your blog. It’s my favorite and I wish I would have found it before I did. I am really wanting to get on the green monster bandwagon but I have a slight problem…. I HATE GREENS! I despise salad and most raw vegetables. So what is a girl like me to do? Will I be able to detect the spianch? Also, what is a good starter green monster recipe? Thanks!

Ashlee June 25, 2009

I tried my first GM! It was soo yummy! Of course I blogged about it! :) http://ashleesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/06/green-monster.html Thanks for being so wonderful! :)
xo!

MarathonVal June 25, 2009

Haha, my husband (AND his Greek parents, which is a shocker) are all GM converts!!!! I was so excited to get them on the bandwagon!!

Jessica June 25, 2009

I love the real men drink green monsters shirts haha. my boyfriend has had one, and now everytime i make one that makes an extra baby glass he goes “is that one for me??” lol. i just have to get him to start buying greens and fruits and he’ll prolly start making em! hehe.

Your gl’oreos look so tasty, i want some!
-jessica

Katharina June 25, 2009

THOSE Gl’oreo cookies or GL’OREOUS looking!!!

What is that patty in your wrap? It looks good :D

N.D. June 25, 2009

yummie!! Yes what is that patty? gloreos looking amazing!!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 25, 2009

Steve loves green monsters and my BIL Chris loves them too. Whenever he comes over he asks me to make him one! haha.

EatingRD June 25, 2009

Those muffins look great, even the dense ones! :) Thank you for sharing your recipe, I will love to make them. Your other eats look great, especially the gloreos, I’d love to make those too!
Have you had the camera battle yet??

The Running Yogini June 25, 2009

Hubby will drink them if I add ice cream :-)

Michele June 25, 2009

Yummy!!! Strawberries are my favorite. Your pictures look amazing :-)

Bree June 25, 2009

that’s what i miss so much about the midwest…the strawberries in Arizona SUCK lol

Beth June 25, 2009

Those strawberries look GORGEOUS! Who wouldn’t want a big glass of fresh fruit after seeing that!!?

Dustie June 25, 2009

PLEASE share the recipe for Gl’oreos!! Great looking strawberries!

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 26, 2009

Those berries are gorgeous. Your pictures are always so pretty!

Lara (Thinspired) June 27, 2009

I agree that real men drink GM’s! Did you get my email with the photos of Matt? :) Great shirts!