A Race To The Finish

Oh boy have I been a busy girl this week!!!

Check it out!

On The Glo II Bars:

Original:

IMG_3714

And chocolate:

IMG_3716

This morning I had a horribly failed attempt at a new vegan blueberry muffin recipe. :(

They were HORRIBLE, nothing could save these poor suckers!

IMG_3698

It occurred to me that I temporarily lost my MOJO!!!

Then it HIT me like a ton of bricks- I forgot to have my Amazing Grass Green Monster this morning!!!!!!!

No wonder…

IMG_3695

All was well in the world again!

After getting fired up and taking a quick PC break, I was ready to tackle 3 batches of my vegan GLONUTS!

With new vegan sprinkles to boot!!

IMG_3701

The mad assembly line:

IMG_3702

Dipping station #1:

IMG_3703

Chocolate ganache dipped Glonuts!

IMG_3704

The classic vanilla dip:

IMG_3706

Chocolate glazed and maple dip:

IMG_3708

CANADIAN EH? Maple dip again:

IMG_3709

Sweet and Spicy Zucchini Mini Loaves:

IMG_3670

Packaging assembly line!!

IMG_3711

I think they look so cute!!!! :D I’m a proud mama.

IMG_3713

I have more packaging to finish off, then CLEAN UP (worst part of being a baker!!! Can’t I hire someone to do this for me??? LOL), then this afternoon is GLO BARS like nobody’s business. I also need to squeeze in a workout (maybe a run since the sun came out after 2 days of rain!), and then I need to do signage, labels, business cards, and my new Glo Bakery Flyer!!! I am a wee bit stressed, but I know I can do it if I roll up my sleeves!!

fitness Guess what I did last night???

I signed up for my next race!!! :D

I have caught the race bug and there is NO going back!

Yup, I did it. I signed up for the Acura 10-miler in Toronto on July 19th! A fellow reader, Gillian, and I are going to tackle this race together! :) 29 days away!!!!! There is also a 5km option too!

untitled-thumb1

I found out my good friend Steve also wants to start training with me (!!!!), so he might be running this race as well! I am so happy to finally have a running buddy. :) Hopefully we can get out for a run together soon. I also am hoping we can both convince Eric to join us (I promised him free beer! bahaha).

Holy moly it is already 1pm!!!! EEK! I need to get back in this kitchen!!!

See you tonight for a FUN Friday night on Oh She Glows:

• My letter to my current self (keep your letters coming in this morning’s post!!!)
  • More baking recaps
  • My workouts yesterday and today!
  • and more!!!

I have a special announcement too: on MONDAY I will be announcing what is going to happen with the BBBC!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! Enjoy it like it’s your last ;)

Angela_Signature

1 Jenna June 19, 2009

you should be proud! your packages look awesome!

2 Nicole June 19, 2009

I am officially hungry again, thanks! lol

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 19, 2009

Nicole- try living in MY house!!! hahaha ;)

4 Kiersten June 19, 2009

Your packages of mini doughnuts are awesome! My kitchen is going to be a mess tomorrow too from lots of baking (I am contributing to a bake sale).

5 Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) June 19, 2009

how you manage not to eat half that batch of donuts/bars/etc. is beyond me, haha! it all looks so good – congrats on the next race!

6 chanturtle June 19, 2009

EVERYTHING LOOKS SO FREAKIN YUMMY!!!

7 Ashley June 19, 2009

Your donuts are so cute! And the packaged baked goods look awesome. :) How did you seal them to keep them fresh? What kind of bags did you use?

8 Hannah June 19, 2009

Oh my gosh the baked goods look delish! Can people order stuff off the bakery yet or do you have to wait until you get your official license?

Also I made your Peanut Butter On the Glo Bars yesterday and they were delicious! I’m addicted lol.

I have my official license already…everything is complete! :) ~A

9 leslie June 19, 2009

i need to make some of your goodies asap. everything looks so good!

10 Nicole June 19, 2009

I love the packaging!!! I am so not a sprinkles kinda girl, but every time I see your cute little Glonuts I want one:).

11 brandi June 19, 2009

everything looks great! you’re on a roll, and I would love all of those glonuts :)

12 Sarah June 19, 2009

I’m in the process of sampling Holey Donuts but someday I would love to try some Glo Nuts!

Congrats on the new race, I’m sure you will do great :)

13 Shelby June 19, 2009

Oh wow! The little packages of glonuts look so cute! Love it! Actually I’m lovin’ all of your treats. I have them on my “to-make” list and must get around to them soon!

I agree, cleaning up is the WORST part of baking!

Can’t wait to hear about the BBBC!

14 Lori June 19, 2009

Oh your packaging looks so great. Everything sounds so tasty. I’ve gotta try the Glo Bars!

15 EatingRD June 19, 2009

All your baked goods look adorable! And I’ve had quite a few mishaps in the kitchen (haha I can laugh now!). Your packaging is too cute and I LOVE your kitchen :) I’ll clean up!! I love baking with my grandma because she just lets me go to town and then she cleans up, i love my nana. I’m thinking about signing up for a sprint triathlon! eek! I’ve never done one before, but I think it would be a nice challenge, good luck with everything!
-kristen

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 19, 2009

Oh and you’d be surprised how easy it is to resist eating the baked goods when you have a PRICE TAG on them! LOL Those are my bread and butter so to speak! ~A

17 Sheri June 19, 2009

Everything looks great! Love the packaging! You are amazing…you should be proud! Ok, I am hungry again! :)

18 Run Sarah June 19, 2009

Wow, you are a baking machine! Too awesome Ang. I’m excited for your next race too! I wish we had some 10-milers coming up around here as I think it’d be a good race to do before a half marathon.

19 Jess June 19, 2009

Donuts AND Zuke Bread? Oh my, I am in full virtual food lust mode….is there a way for us Southerns (As in, living in the US) to purchase your goodies?

20 Jenn June 19, 2009

I wish I was closer and could come to the market!! I would SO buy those Globuns and Glonuts. Everything looks super – great food and cute packaging. Good luck with your sales!

21 Kelly Turner June 19, 2009

so here’s my question: where in the hell do you put all of this stuff when you are done!? those donuts are ADORABLE. Vegan sprinkles- something tells me vegans of 10-15 years ago are shocked

22 Fitzalan June 19, 2009

Wow you are busy. Those are amazing! Will you let us know the responses after the market (I am sure everyone will love them!). What is the expectation from the market? Is mainly for exposure or are people already placing orders with you?

Happiness Awaits

23 Kristy June 19, 2009

Hi Angela,
I have been following you for a few weeks, now…I like to think you and Jenna are my new best friends!! :) I have to write about the On The Glo bars…they are DELICIOUS!! I have added a little honey when short on brown rice syrup, added craisins, sunflower seeds etc. I just made another batch yesterday and they might just be the best yet!! My biggest thing is staying out of them when they are setting up on the counter! I love them. Thanks for ALL the great information! Anybody else who lives in Alaska like me? Kristy :)

24 elliebelle June 19, 2009

I tell ya, if I was at that market I’d be buying up those donuts in a heartbeat!!! Though I’m not quite as far north as Canada, here in Wisconsin we do enough our maple flavored items as well!

25 Shannon (The Daily Balance) June 19, 2009

this look AMAZING, Angela! I need to try to make some!

26 Gillian June 19, 2009

YEAH! I got the answer to your FB question – race is on!!! WOOOOT!

You are totally gonna have to bring me a pack of those vegan maple mini GLONUTS to buy from you on race day so I can ram em into my face upon race completion!!

Let the serious training begin!

27 trish (girlatgym) June 19, 2009

You are really making me want to bake something!!

And YAY on a new race. Having a goal to work towards is totally a great motivator.

28 Bec June 19, 2009

mm all those cookies look delic!

29 Cinemarie June 19, 2009

I love your kitchen :) And your packages do look really really cute!!

You do so much baking – do you ever get ‘aches and pain’ from working on your goodies? I tend to get neck pain pretty quickly when I ice cupcakes and the likes… just curious :)

Good work signing up for the race!!

30 Menden (SkinnyMenny) June 19, 2009

Holy moly, have you been busy or what?! Those treats look awesome….and I just love the packaging. Too cute!

31 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 19, 2009

The glonuts look AMAZING!

32 Recipes for Creativity June 19, 2009

I have faith that someday you’ll be able to afford to have someone clean up after you!

33 Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 19, 2009

YAY BBBC!!!!!!! I can’t wait!
You have been BUSY! Those packages look so cute. I would buy them based on their cute factor alone!

34 Jenny June 19, 2009

you are a baking machine, girl! glad that amazing grass saved the day – though i don’t know if you could ever lose your mojo =)

35 Amanda June 19, 2009

that packaging looks great! awesome job!

36 Meghan@traveleatlove June 19, 2009

I love everything maple- those look so good! I can’t wait read about your training for your race; it will inspire me to train for mine!

37 gliding calm June 19, 2009

everything is sooo beautiful Ange!!

I seriously would have NO self control around that stuff!! And while reading I was just wondering WHAT Eric does when he walks in the house!!!

The packaging is amazing. Seriously, you should be proud- everything is really gorgeous!!!

Well done Mama!!!

38 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 19, 2009

Congrats on your busy day in the kitchen! All those goodies look insanely good and so professional! :)

I have a question for you… which Amazing Grass sample did you end up liking the most in your green smoothies? I received a few samples to try out, and I LOVED the Green SuperFood, but am a bit weary about adding the Berry and Chocolate flavored powders to my smoothie. Just wondering what your opinion was of them?

xxoo
Heather

39 Sana June 19, 2009

Hey Angela! Wow..that’s a lot of stuff!! Just wanted to drop by and say Good Luck with all the baking. Wish I could be at the market to try some of your yummy goodies :D

40 jessica June 19, 2009

ohhh sweet merciful heavens… glo donuts??? WOW! They look amazing!!!!

41 Christina June 19, 2009

I love your packaging and I know I’ve said this a million times but everything you made looks DELICIOUS!

42 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 19, 2009

Those Glonuts look amazing!!!!!! As does everything else, of course :)

43 Katie June 19, 2009

everything looks so yummy!! you might have already said this once but what is the chocolate recipe for the donuts!! i want to make them!!

44 Maggie June 30, 2009

Where on earth did you find vegan sprinkles! I’ve heard of them but have never laid my eyes on them.