Flirty Fix-Ups

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 16, 2009

flirty

I discovered a new beauty product while visiting my family out West!

Of course, my mom let me raid her beauty products and I got hooked on one in particular:

Bumble and Bumble Colour Support High Shine Conditioner (for cool blondes):

IMG_3085

They have some for other hair shades of well (and other tones of blonde).

I have tried almost all of the shampoo or conditioners that claim that they will brighten my blonde colour. I tried Redken Glam Blonde, Pantene Pro V, John Frieda, etc. My favourite out of those was the Redken Glam Blonde, but I found after a couple uses it stopped working (or perhaps I just didn’t notice it anymore?).

I liked this B+B product though! It really did give my hair shine and brilliance, and to my delight it didn’t weigh my fine hair down at all. It was bouncy and thick looking.

I was happy with my results:

IMG_3092

I really do think that it brightened up my colour. My blonde tends to get a bit dull in between visits to the salon so this is a great option! The only snag is the price! My jaw hit the floor when I saw the price of the conditioner! I guess I am used to buying drugstore stuff that is like $3-4. I believe this bottle was $25 or so? I am using it VERY sparsely! I doubt I will be buying this again because I don’t even know where I can get it in my area (haven’t seen it around) and I don’t think my budget can handle it. It is a nice splurge once and a while though! :)

IMG_3096

Today’s question: What is your favourite shampoo and conditioner?

fixups Want to see my poor laptop??

IMG_3494

Eric worked on it most of the night last night after he got home from work!

IMG_3495 IMG_3498

My laptop in a billion pieces!!!

IMG_3504

Resident techie genius!

IMG_3506

So Eric figured out that it needs a new Motherboard. So he ordered the part from Dell (thank God it is under warranty!) and it should be arriving today! Whahooo! That is one thing I LOVE about Dell they have the fastest shipping out of any company!

I was doing my own handy work last night putting more wedding pictures into a frame!

IMG_3513

I wanted to do a ‘theme’ in this frame with 3 of our ring pictures that our amazing photographers took!

I love how it turned out! It is hanging above my desk, so whenever I get the urge to flee to Bora Bora I am reminded that I am a married woman! baahaha.

IMG_3512

Well I have a busy day today filled with lots of errands!

• Picking up my Bridesmaids dress for Leah’s wedding!!!
  • Dropping off Glo Bakery documents to the town
  • Shipping 6 of my Shop 4 A Cause packages to the lucky winners!!!
  • Email catch up
  • Glo Bakery stuff- I am trying to get into a local street festival this weekend to sell my goodies!
  • Blog x 2
  • Light workout

Last night Eric and I went on a very light walk (3km maybe?) so I could loosen my muscles up a bit. My quads are still a bit sore, but other than that my body is healing quite well. :)

I will finally be announcing the BBBC winner today sometime!

ENJOY YOUR TUESDAY!!!!

Angela_Signature

VeggieGirl June 16, 2009 at 9:07 am

My favorite shampoo and conditioner = The Desert Essence Green Apple Ginger thickening & volumizing shampoo & conditioner:

Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 16, 2009 at 9:14 am

Let me know how it goes at the dress shop! Also, I emailed you about the alterations- keep the fabric!! :)

Tammy (Defining Wellness) June 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

I love the wedding photos and frame! We have wedding photos all over our apartment — aren’t great photographers simply amazing?

Leila June 16, 2009 at 9:30 am

I love a shampoo that really works. I found one that was au natural, but too was stunned at the price about $65 for a shampoo and conditioner. So what I did is that I alternated it with a cheaper shampoo so that it would last longer. Helps me justify the purchase. ;)

have a great day.

Ashley June 16, 2009 at 9:32 am

Your wedding ring photos are beautiful!! Glad that Eric could help with your laptop!!

My favourite shampoo & conditioner are Burt’s Bees Green Tea and Fennel Seed. They are amazing!! They help to retain my colour and my hair feels great too. I also love the Say Yes to Carrots conditioner.

Jenn June 16, 2009 at 9:59 am

I religiously use the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save line of products. They keep my red vibrant between salon visits and smell awesome too!

Jocelyn June 16, 2009 at 10:22 am

beautiful hair deary :) but yea wow 25 dollars!! i have some products that are also pretty pricy…using sparingly is good lol

elliebelle June 16, 2009 at 10:24 am

Your hair looks fantastic!
I love Bumble and Bumble products – but I’ve decided only to buy the styling products. (I have curly hair so I am willing to spend a lot on product, otherwise I will have crazy frizzball hair). I use their curl creme and hair tonic. For shampoo and conditioner I buy True Curls/Pure Curls. It’s a 100% Vegan product by ABBA. Great stuff. I think it’s probably pretty pricey too. Luckily my boyfriend’s mom owns a salon so I can get a good deal on it. :)

brandi June 16, 2009 at 10:32 am

sounds like a fun day ahead! my mom LOVES bumble&bumble, but it is expensive, that’s for sure.

Michelle Hisae June 16, 2009 at 10:34 am

Brides-maid dress? How fun – what color? Do show us the dress! :)

Fitzalan June 16, 2009 at 10:38 am

I have no favorite particular brand of shampoo. I am also a blonde (bottle) and have VERY fine hair. It is stick straight. So I typical stick to brands that are marketed for fine, dyed hair. But I have never found anything in particular that makes my hair look more fabulous than anything else, despite different $$ points…..no brand loyalty here.

Happiness Awaits

Jodi June 16, 2009 at 10:43 am

Yikes, you weren’t kidding when you said your laptop was in a million pieces! Thank goodness you have your own techie ;)
I love the Dove Advance Colour shamp/cond. A little goes a long way, it leaves my frizzy/fine/oily hair soft and bouncy and it’s colourless (which I read was very important for blondes).
Have a great day!

Amanda June 16, 2009 at 10:51 am

I use Redken too but the kind that makes your hair really soft! I love it too, but it’s wayyy more expensive than what I’m used to paying too!

Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

SweetKaroline June 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

favorite shampoo: cheapie herbal essenses

and i splurge on frederik fekkai glossing conditioner. it’s hella expensive but i find i only need to use 25% of what i would normally use with a drugstore conditioner so….that justifies the cost? haha…maybe not

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 16, 2009 at 11:21 am

I love frederik Fekkai products. They do wonders for my hair! I’ve heard about those Bumble and Bumble products but still have yet to find them in stores. Good to know they are worth checking out!

YIKES… isn’t it almost scary to see your computer in a million pieces? Haha, my laptop has become like a third arm to me! ;) Hope everything works out well with the new motherboard!

xxoo
Heather

Christina June 16, 2009 at 11:25 am

I love the ring pictures, they look great framed like that! My favorite shampoo and conditioner is anything Paul Mitchell, although I change them up all the time.

april June 16, 2009 at 11:27 am

What a scary picture of your computer! Do you wait until your completely un-sore before exercising again or do you just wait a day or so? I ran yesterday for the first time in a while and my hips and quads are so darn sore today! In your opinion is it better to stay off a day or do some light cardio?

amy (veganissexy) June 16, 2009 at 11:49 am

Pureology!!! Best hair care ever for bottle blondes :) They are sulfate free and all vegan. I use the colour care line in the purple bottles (about $20/bottle) I’ve also tried the Jonathan vegan line from Sephora, and it was just ok. I’m a pureology girl all the way. You can buy it on amazon.com for a decent price.

gliding calm June 16, 2009 at 11:52 am

weeeeee I love frames and pictures!!! too bad I don’t have enough in physical form! They are all digital/on my computer!! I really need to print out some good ones!!

Run Sarah June 16, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Wow, I love the ring photos – they look gorgeous! I use drugstore shampoo – I was using Redkin for awhile but its so expensive and I need to use a lot with my longer hair.

Katherine June 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

The ring photos are beautiful!

I use the Pureology line of hair products, but they’re also pretty pricey. I recently bought the Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joe’s so we’ll see how that goes! I also always use a leave-in conditioner and/or split end protector when I get out of the shower. Miraculously, my hair is still pretty healthy and I haven’t had it cut in 6 months!

Patty M. June 16, 2009 at 5:20 pm

BEST shampoo for blondes (my hair is the same color as yours) – Aveda Blue Malva. I too have tried everything, and always go back to the Blue Malva, which I have been using for years now. It really takes out and prevents any brassiness. Plus, it smells great, is not tested on animals, and is made from relatively natural ingredients.

Jenny June 16, 2009 at 5:33 pm

my favorite shampoo is organix coconut shampoo and conditioner.. it smells incredible and has egg white proteins which strengthen my hair so much!

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 16, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I would have probably had a heart attack seeing my laptop in a million pieces like that!

Sue June 16, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Hi Angela…I use bumble & bumble as well, but the seaweed one. Just curious, did you get it at Kolor Twist in Kensington? I know you were here is Calgary and that is where I get mine. Love your blog!!! way to go on the run.

Brandy June 17, 2009 at 10:55 pm

I used Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco. It has been the best thing ever for my hair. My stylist is trying to get me to use your shampoo for Golden Blondes. His advice was to use every third shampoo and to make sure to use the conditioner, since it brings out the pigments. I could go longer between visits. But, the price tag is high!