You Put The FUN In Fundraising

fundraising

Wow what a whirlwind this week has been!

I haven’t even had time to unpack yet!!!

IMG_3229

Yikes!!

Last night I was up until about 1:30am again sorting out all of the Shop 4 A Cause stuff! I was tuckered out, but it was sooooo worth it! Thank you all for making it such a huge success!!!

I thought I would give you all a glimpse of what I have been gearing up for this Sunday!

As I mentioned in previous posts, I am making 500 of my On The Glo granola bars for the race this Sunday! I have finally finished baking all the bars and now I am starting to package all of them!

Eric and I had to call a bunch of stores and track down the brown rice syrup because we cleared out the stock at Loblaws! We finally found 10 bottles of it at Fortinos grocery store and cleared them out!

I made ingredient labels:

IMG_3205

All 500 of them. And then I stuck them on the baggies:

IMG_3227

We made new Glo Bakery and OSG business cards and printed 500 on cardstock.

Eric cut them all with my MIL’s slicer and I hole punched each one:

IMG_3200

IMG_3220

IMG_3221

And Promoting OSG on the back:

IMG_3222

I also started working on my race outfit when I found a spare minute or two!

We went to Michaels and got the supplies (thanks for the tip Mara!):

IMG_3178

We couldn’t decide on letters…so Eric picked up some more, lol.

IMG_3224

We tried out different placements and Eric made fun of me when I put the ‘S’ backwards in the mirror. :D Unfortunately, the psychology research showing that women have trouble with ‘mental rotation’ hits close to home for me. lol.

Eric makes fun of me when I start turning maps too…

IMG_3179 IMG_3191 IMG_3194

I decided on NONE of these above placements! I have a new idea and you will have to wait and see what I do! :) And what letters I use!

I also tried my first Amazing Grass Green Monster in pure H2O!!!!

Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion:

IMG_3207 Clicky to enlarge!

IMG_3209

I was quite nervous about just mixing it with water!!! But I threw caution to the wind!! I did it for my PEEPS! :D

IMG_3210

Oh WOW was it ever good!!!! I’m dead serious- it tasted like a chocolate milk (only slightly chalkier! lol). I really LOVED THIS!!!!!

IMG_3211

I also tried another mix yesterday, but I will wait and show you that later!

These drinks make me feel SO revved up! I drank them all day and they powered me through S4AC and baking 500 bars!

I admit, by 10:30pm last night…I NEEDED a stiff drink. lol. A different kinda drink if you catch my drift! ;)

Eric mixed me up a Vodka and Pink lemonade. It tasted soooo good and was just what I needed after a 18 hour day!

IMG_3212

Then I packaged bars until about 1:30am!

IMG_3219

He may or may not have brought me a second drink! ;)

And there you have it!

Today I am busy responding to everyone’s S4AC BID confirmation emails and getting that sorted out! I also have to package 450 bars, do my race outfit, AND my SIL is having a baby today!!! I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit stressed, but hey- it’s for a great cause!!! I will be donating the proceeds of my bars to my charity as well and adding that to the total raised!

Oh right- I’m also RUNNING a race Sunday!!!! LOL. I updated yesterday’s workout in my RUN page!

If you have won an auction item and haven’t made your payment yet, please do so as soon as possible so I can get this wrapped up. Thank you so much everyone!!! Please you make sure to EMAIL me and tell me once you have paid! :)

I will be responding to all of your emails today– please bear with me- I woke up to 112 new emails this morning!

Ok back to work, it’s going to be another long day!

Angela_Signature

1 chanturtle June 12, 2009

500 bars! thats amazing!!

2 Erin June 12, 2009

Congrats Angela – you’ve been so amazing this week! And I’m sure you’ll do JUST as amazing in your race!! Then I suggest a nice long bubble bath, follow by a nice long sleep ;) Maybe a massage, a pedicure… you know, all the things you’re deserving of!!

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 12, 2009

haha I’ll have to tell that to Oh He Glows!!

4 Katherine June 12, 2009

Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished so far and best of luck for all of the excitement to come! Have a wonderful day of packaging and outfit designing – and maybe enjoy one more stiff drink at the end of the day!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 12, 2009

haha yes I think I will be!!!

6 Run Sarah June 12, 2009

How awesome Angela – the bars look fabulous and will be a huge hit at the run I am sure!

7 elliebelle June 12, 2009

You are amazing! Way to be so motivated – getting everything done – all those bars, and a race? WOW! I had to laugh when you talked about figuring out how to rotate things in your brain. I have such a hard time with that too! I do a lot of sewing, and because of the rotation thing, I’ve definitely sewn things upside down before! Woops!

8 brandi June 12, 2009

I’m so glad the shop4acause went so well and the bars/packaging looks great!

you’ll get what you need done today, and don’t worry about the rest ;)

i want to try that chocolate green packet!

9 Meghan@traveleatlove June 12, 2009

The bars look AMAZING! You are really going to blow people away with them. You should be really proud of all that you have done!

10 Amanda June 12, 2009

You are superwoman! I can imagine that by the end of the day Sunday, you will be pretty tuckered out!

11 Beth June 12, 2009

Wow, that is a lot of bars! I want to taste one!

12 Recipes for Creativity June 12, 2009

Your labeling and packaging for the bars look fantastic! Soon this crazy time will be over, and I think it will have all been worth it, for sure!

13 Ellen @ Peace in Motion June 12, 2009

I’m sure your bars will be a hit. They look great!

14 SarahF June 12, 2009

Wow Angela-congratulations on everything you’re achieving! And the amount of money you’ve raised is astonishing! Way to go! I’m really looking forward to your race recap on Sunday because I’m running my first ever race next Saturday-and it’s a 10 km race too (I don’t know if Toronto has it or if it’s just a Western Canada thing. It’s called “The Underwear Affair” and it’s for all the cancers below the waist. And yes-you do run in your underwear).

15 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 12, 2009

Wow, congrats on getting all that work done on the bars. I’m sure they will sell great at the race! They definitely look professional! I approve. ;)

Haha, that’s too cute with the lettering. I can’t wait to see what you ended up doing with it.

I am loving all these Amazing Grass variations. It sounds so delicious and healthy!!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

16 Priyanka June 12, 2009

Congratulation on everything Angela!! You are amazing!

17 Jocelyn June 12, 2009

wow..crazy amount of bars lol
They literally have 2 shelves dedicated to that brown rice syrup at my grocery store! It looks like nobody ever buys it..until I came along mahahaha

18 Krista June 12, 2009

GREAT job on all those bars! I’m sure they’ll be a hit.

I placed a small order of Amazing Grass using your discount code….thanks for that!