The Best of Oh She Glows

Good morning!

Angela here…

but wishing I was there…

img 9094 thumb   The Best of Oh She Glows

Instead of here…

img 2038 thumb1   The Best of Oh She Glows

While Kath is off gallivanting on her Bermuda Cruise, I am clearly hard at work!

‘Hard At Work’ (H.A.W) = Daydreaming and looking over old pictures, specifically honeymoon pictures!

I would like to argue that daydreaming first thing in the morning activates my sleepy cells (technical word) and prepares them for actual work.

Anyone with me on this?? ;)

The truth is I am actually preparing for a VIM (very important meeting) this morning so I threw this post together last night since I will be busy with that and unable to post.

I thought I would put together some of my most popular posts for shits and giggles!

• Are you a new reader to Oh She Glows and wondering where to start?
  • Or do you have this sneaking suspicion that despite your best efforts you have missed some of my 578 posts that you would really enjoy to go back and read?

Yes, I said 578 posts. It is no wonder my wee poor fingers are even working at this point!

Sit back, relax, and don’t let your boss catch you slacking off! ;)

Here we go…

1. My very first post: Boo. I admit, this is a no frills post, but at the same time my potential is just oozing out of it. lol. Notice how ‘Spooky Sketchie’ is a prominent feature in the post- no surprise there! There was a very similar Sketchie featured in one of my posts this week- anyone remember?

2. My 4th post ever: Running and Sketchie. Sketchie was an overnight celeb. I was dog meat.

3. Sketchie gets SAD No, not even cats are immune to Seasonal Affective Disorder!

4. My favourite ab exercises in pictures This was before I had ever heard of vlogging. Or drogging for that matter!

5. OSGMOM’s first appearance on the blog! I’m a nice daughter, I waited until we were outside of the airport before I snapped her pic!

6. Pumpkin-Apple Streusel Muffins- I LOVE these muffins and many readers have raved about them too. Take a gander at the pictures, you can’t go wrong when muffins look like that!

7. How To Beat the Freshman 15 (4 part series)- This was my second most popular series next to my Road to Hell, err…Health, that is.

8. All About Me and How OSG came about! My background education, work history, and the evolution of Oh She Glows and Glo Bakery

9. Where I got the name for Oh She Glows Isn’t that what we all wonder? Why the heck did she call it that?

10. 2008 In Review: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 My life in 2008 at a glance. Tons of pictures!

11. Project Glow How to get healthy, glowing skin. I created this program for Caitlin over at HTP. PS- It worked!

12. Our Engagement Story- How Eric proposed. Notice that the first few pictures include tequila.

13. My Road To Health: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5a, Part 5b! My whole journey…from the bad days to the good days, the ups and the downs, and everywhere in between! This is by far my most popular series to date. I will be writing Part 6 in the near future.

14. My Before and After picture What everyone wants to see!

15. Glo Bakery: Skinni-Mini Glo Buns My most recent and hugely popular healthy cinnamon bun creation! 75 calories a pop and vegan to boot!

16. How To Design The Website of your Dreams (Guest post): Part 1, Part 2 Some interesting info if you are looking to improve your website

17. Angela Interviews Kris Carr from Crazy Sexy Cancer I get the chance to interview my idol!

18. Shop 4 A Cause Charity Auction: June 11th- Visit OSG to place bids on awesome stuff! My goal is to raise $2,000 for my first race on June 14th!

19. Bikini Body Boot Camp! Also, see here for the past 61 days! What us gals are doing each day to squeeze into that bikini come June.

20. How to Learn to Love Your Body- I address a very important reader question!

21. HOT TOPICS!!!

My love of writing and health intersect:

22. My recipes- including reader’s favourite recipes Only read if you want a puddle of drool on your keyboard.

23. Wedding pictures The happiest day of my life!

24. FAQ’s: 28 installments! That’s a whole lotta reader questions!

25. My birthday celebration OSG goes wild!

26. What’s inside my fridge? Parts 1-4. Part 5 What does my fridge and cupboards look like? What do I eat?

And just because…more Sketchie!

Sketchie was quite the awkward looking kitten…

100 2561 thumb   The Best of Oh She Glows

A born hunter…

img 6847 thumb   The Best of Oh She Glows

img 0246 thumb   The Best of Oh She Glows

No, we didn’t declaw him. I have the scars to prove it!

And a born ninja…

img 0279 thumb   The Best of Oh She Glows

img 0308 thumb1   The Best of Oh She Glows

He’s a great listener…

img 0362 thumb1   The Best of Oh She Glows

bwhahaa.

Today’s question: What is your favourite post or posts that you remember fondly? What posts would you like to see more of?

See you this afternoon for fun & eats!

angela signature thumb73   The Best of Oh She Glows

Carolyn May 28, 2009

I love the interior pictures of your home… Any chance of a photo tour? Inside and/or outside shots? You seem to be doing a lot of work on it, and it has intersting character…

Thanks Carolyn! The pictures above with Sketchie are actually in our old condo. Check out my ‘home renos’ category for more pics :) ~A

ari May 28, 2009

oh my god sketchie is freakin adorable!!

Robin May 28, 2009

Sketchie is adorable. Here is a picture of my Bengal:

They are the best cats aren’t they?!

WOW blue eyes!!! Gorgeous! ~A

Katrina (gluten free gidget) May 28, 2009

Sketchie: You are so cute! Be mine! (not really… my hubby would not be thrilled. He’s allergic. Boo!)
Honestly, I just love all of your posts. They are always so interesting and varied while remaining completely relevant. Keep on inspiring!

Heather May 28, 2009

I love this post Angela! SO fun! I’m definitely checking out a few of the earlier posts that I never had a chance to read.

Congrats on the post on Kath’s blog. I LOVED the recipe idea! :)

btw, I tried a green smoothie today without flax or oats and NO SORE THROAT!!! Thanks for the suggestion… now I can fully enjoy my green smoothies! :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2009

Glad to hear it ladies!!

Sarah W. May 28, 2009

I LOOOOOOOOOVE sketchie pics!!!!

Rachel May 28, 2009

I love this post. I have followed you from the beginning and I like seeing all the old posts again!

Your green monsters are popping up everywhere!!! It looks like like your invention is improving everyone’s skin including mine :)

By the way that first picture of you is so good.

Marina May 28, 2009

Love your post! I went straight to the GloBun recipe :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2009

Wow I must have been tired last night! I wrote Hard At Work (H.A.T)

LOL…you can see I wrote that post at midnight!!! ~A

Coco Knudson May 28, 2009

Is your kitty a Bengal??? I have one myself and he is the most interesting cat I have ever met. He is like a tiger trapped in a tiny body hahaha. Your cat is beautiful!

e May 28, 2009

I agree w/Carolyn can’t wait to see the total before and after pics of your new home. Enjoyed going back and reading posts prior to becoming a “fan” of the glow.

brandi May 28, 2009

I hope the meeting goes well! I’ve loved every post, and I always get a great tip, recipe, or idea from reading your blog.

lacey May 28, 2009

Just saw your guest post on Kath Eats Real Food. I will be making the brownies tonight for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I am hosting a give-a-way from Tropical Wholefoods. Its a basket full of dried fruit and other raw goodies if you want to check it out :-D

AlliJag May 28, 2009

Such great Sketchie pics – just so darn cute :)

Dotsie May 28, 2009

Oh my gosh your Sketchie is SUPER SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!

I am new to your site, so I keep find things every time I come! I enjoy it! Keep up the good work!

Leila May 28, 2009

just checked out your recipe on kath’s website. sounds great, just wondering what kind of dates are you using? Regular bulk dates or medjool dates?

They are the regular deglet noor kind! :)~A
thanks!

Christina May 28, 2009

omg Sketchie is too cute!

Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 28, 2009

Sketchie! Love Bengal cats!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2009

Thanks everyone!
Sketchie is WAY flattered. (Just when I didn’t think his ego could get any bigger!!! lol)

Krista May 28, 2009

OMG…I love those picture’s of Sketchie! Especially the first one in the window sill! Hehe!

carolinebee May 28, 2009

What a fun recap! You know i love me some sketchie :D

kArLy May 28, 2009

Hey Angela,
I’m a new reader of your blog and I really love it!
Since I haven’t read all of your posts yet, I can’t pick a fave. But I just wanted to reply to this post because, WOW! What a gorgeous cat you have! What kind is he? So adorable!

-Karly

Katherine May 28, 2009

Such cute pictures of Sketchie and thanks so much for the recap! Since I only started reading your blog a month or so ago, I’ve clearly missed a lot and it’s nice to see how it all began!

Hope your meeting went well this AM!

Melissa (fitnessnyc) May 28, 2009

i look forward to rereading some of these!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 28, 2009

Sketchie is a Bengal cat! He has 7th generation Asian Leopard in him :) And he is a loose canon! bahaha ~A

Kiersten May 28, 2009

Sketchie is beautiful!

I loved your post on KERF, I am definitely making that recipe soon. My favorite posts on your blog have been the one about women comparing themselves to other women and the one about learning to love your body.

Rachel May 28, 2009

Thank you for the orientation post! I’ve just started following your blog and I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to find it. Can’t wait to read more!

amy May 28, 2009

Oh I’m dying Sketchie is so dang cute. I’m in love with my two babies Maverick and Annabelle. They are the most spoiled kitties in the hood :) Love kitty cuddles :)

Emily May 28, 2009

cool post! i am going to have to read through some of the older posts; i only starting reading in the past month or so (and glad i did, of course!).

love the kitten pictures!

Annalisa May 28, 2009

Gosh, that cat is so adorable! Those kitten pictures made me giggle. Love it! And of course, the rest of your post was great too ;-)

hoodieruns May 28, 2009

I’m new to OSG so this post was perfect for me! I’m 2 years post undergrad and still hanging on to my freshman 20. The healthy eating, positive body image, and general wellness posts (and ensuing discussions) are daily motivation for me! Thank you! Off to fill my water bottle…

Juie May 28, 2009

I love your posts!! WHAT KIND of CAT is that?? He is SOOO CUTE!! Like a mini cheetah!! HAha!

Heather May 28, 2009

I think I might have to get a Bengal cat. Those mid-air shots are totally priceless.

Jenn May 28, 2009

I came across your blog by happy accident a few weeks ago (someday I’ll divulge how what crazy Google search led me to you *wink*)and todays post was perfect for a newbie like me. I adore your blog and I look forward to reading it every day. I feel so similar to you and your stories on so many levels!

Funny note – in your honeymoon pictures there is one of you walking up Odos Ermou in Athens towards Syntagma. I have almost the same picture taken by my husband of me in the SAME spot! Did you just die when you saw the shoe stores on that street?!

So glad to have become part of your little cyber world – I’m enjoying myself immensely.

Criztawl May 28, 2009

I just love seeing pictures of your cat, he’s so precious. I would love to get a Bengal kitty!!

Natalie M. May 28, 2009

LOLOL@ the ninja photo! Great action shot
Thanks for the recap. I can’t wait to read past posts… especially the one with wedding pictures! I love weddings (I’m attending the first one of the 09 season this weekend) such fun times!

Ashley May 28, 2009

OMG your cat is SO CUTE!! =) Love the first photo.

Suzanne August 16, 2009

I heart those photos of sketchie! he’s all stretched out like an accordian… i love it!! :-)