Frills ‘n Lace

fashion

This morning I had to meet with someone about Glo Bakery Packaging. It is a warm and sunny morning out so I wanted something that would be cool, summery, yet slightly put together. This is what I wore!!

I love this beautiful neckline. If I could describe my style this top would be it- frilly, feminine, and delicate.

IMG_0632

More frills and detailing:

IMG_0633

I love the accessories today. The diamond earrings were a gift from my sister Kristi when I graduated university!

IMG_0639

This A shaped diamond necklace was a gift from my mom when I graduated. It is such a lovely set and I feel so warm and fuzzy inside when I wear it. :D

IMG_0634

With a funky beaded bracelet:

IMG_0643

All together:

IMG_0630

What I wore:

• White off the shoulder top– Bebe Summer 2008
  • Pink Cardigan– Gap clearance rack Spring 2008
  • Black capris– Lululemon 2007 or 2008, can’t remember!

I also added a white lace ‘pant’ cover thing a ma bob. Anyone have one of these? It is a fun way to dress up casual clothing, especially when your shirt is really short and doesn’t cover the top of your pants!

IMG_0647

Pretty basic clothing, right? I love wearing basic and casual clothes and dressing them up a bit with accessories and a fun top!

food I have a couple fabulous reader green monster’s to feature today!

The first one comes from Nadia:

Hi Angela,
I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and really enjoy reading it, trying out your recipes, and especially trying to follow your workouts.
Your Green Monsters have inspired me! I started making them about 2 weeks ago, and am now drinking 1 a day. I’m not sure if you tried this combination, but it’s great: the other day as I was juggling a 9 month old in a sling and a shopping cart, I went to grab a large back of navel oranges, but when I got home discovered that I had bought a bag of grapefruit instead! As much as I like grapefruit, I didn’t know what I was going to do with 5 lbs of the stuff, so I had the inspiration to try them in my GM! I microwaved two for about 10 sec each to release the juices, and then squeezed them into my the mix for my GM which included 2 kale leaves, some spinach, a banana, and 3 fresh strawberries (I left out the Almond Breeze). The result: delicious! And hopefully I’m getting a bit more iron too, as the citrus/spinach combo is supposed to help iron absorption. Anyway, just wanted to share this.

DSC01932

Wow that sounds like a heavenly combination! I can’t wait to try this. Thanks for the creative idea, Nadia! :)

The second one comes from Erin of Care To Eat:

untitled

I love this picture!

untitled2

So far I’ve taken suggestions from everyone else and come up with my own mix:

• massive handful(s) of spin
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 cup ice cold water
  • a few chunks frozen mango
  • strawberries OR frozen cran
  • big spoonful of nooch for B12!

untitled

Thanks for sharing ladies- they both look delicious!

I’m off to update some recipes for GB– the hardest part is deciding which ones ‘make the cut’! I’m veeeery picky.

Today’s question: What clothing are you the most excited to wear now that the weather is warming up?

For me it is summer dresses and flip flops. I couldn’t live without them!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Angela_Signature

1 Bree May 7, 2009

victoria’s secret bra top dresses allllllllll the way…and yeah, flip flops :-D

2 Brittany May 7, 2009

your style is so cute! exactly what mine would be if i didn’t live in shorts and tank tops all year! its already 93 here in Florida and summer hasn’t even started!
I love wearing dresses and bikinis all summer long

3 allie May 7, 2009

where do you get those pants cover thingers? i love it!

4 brandi May 7, 2009

cute outfit!

i can’t wait to wear my summer dresses :)

5 Amy May 7, 2009

Do tell more about this lace cover thing…. inquiring minds would like to know! :)

6 Stephanie May 7, 2009

Where do you find those tank top lacy things? I’ve heard of them, but have no idea where to find them or what they’re actually called. Your outfit is super cute today!

7 Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 7, 2009

LOVE the outfit!!!

8 Run Sarah May 7, 2009

Summer dresses and capris! I tend to wear tank tops year round. Love the girly outfit.

9 Jennifer May 7, 2009

I am excited for shorts and halter tops, and of course summer dresses. It is suppose to be 100 degrees here today!

10 nic May 7, 2009

i really look forward to wearing flip-flops and all my t-shirts without having to have any layer over- or underneath!! ^. ^

and short pants or maybe even skirts (we’ll see how comfortable i feel ’till then :) )

today was (and still is for a few more hours) such a warm and sunny day, too bad i could not work outside!! i really have to start taking my laptop to work, so i can sit outside for some work. yay!

11 Bree May 7, 2009

i wanna know where you got the lace cover thing too – so cute!

12 Christina May 7, 2009

Your necklace is so pretty! I’m excited for shorts, I have tons of cute new ones for this year :)

13 Valerie May 7, 2009

Nice outfit! I didn’t even know those lace pant cover things existed but it’s a cool idea.

I can’t wait to wear flip flops and skirts! I still have to find a new pair of flip flops though or my mom will have a fit when she sees that I’m wearing my cheapie $10 pair from Zellers! I just can’t help it – they’re surprisingly comfortable.

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 7, 2009

ahah WOW I didn’t think the lace thing a ma bob would be such a hit!

I have one in black too :) I’ll feature it a bit more in the next post. I cant remember where I got it but I will put my thinking cap on and report back!!!

15 Lynne May 7, 2009

I wear flip flops year round but can’t wait to wear summery dresses.
Love the bracelet.

16 Bec May 7, 2009

love the summery outfit!

17 Sheri May 7, 2009

Can’t wait to slip on the flip flops, tank tops and my capris! I live in Alberta and weather here is just now starting to get warmer going to be +18 on Mother’s Day…can’t wait! Love your outfit too…looks very cool and comfy!

18 Fitzalan May 7, 2009

Sleeveless tops. I own a million of them and I am so sick of layering over them. I am ready to show off my shoulders and arms!

Happiness Awaits

19 Erin May 7, 2009

Our weather has yet to warm up, so I’m still suffering in long sleeves.

I am most excited to wear my new maxi dresses and camis (with flip flops).

20 Menden (SkinnyMenny) May 7, 2009

Hey Angela! Where did you get your lace pants cover up thingie? Super cute!

I.can’t.wait to bust out the summer dresses and flip flops!! It’s been rainy and chilly around here, but I’ve been wearing my summer shoes anyway – I just have to let these toes breathe, lol!

21 Hayley May 7, 2009

Ooh, I love the lace cover-up! Thank you for trying to remember where you got it from. We’ll all be waiting with bated breath. ;)

22 amy (veganissexy) May 7, 2009

Cute! I love pink black & white together! I loooove those lace things too! I have some great tanks with bottoms like that and I agree they are really flattering and pull everything together. Hubby loves anything lace (hmm wonder why) and always loves my outfits wearing the white lace bottom tank :) Cute :) I’m most excited for summer work dresses! I love my classic wrap dresses with cute wedge heels for work. So much easier to plan outfits when it’s only one piece!

23 Lindsay May 7, 2009

Flip flops! Dresses! And it’s not clothing, but I’m SO excited to ride my bike again now that it’s warmer.

24 Katrina (gluten free gidget) May 7, 2009

Oh it’s definitely the little sundresses! I am so obsessed! I just bought another one today. I called my husband after I’d done the damage to “confess”. But, I justified my purchase by telling him I knew he would like it because it was really short! HAHAHA (I know… I’m shameless. But a girls got to do what a girls got to do!)