I have gotten so much accomplished today :) It feels wonderful! I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen….no complaints here. :D
It started off with cleaning up:
Then cleaning the sink:
Then I was starving!
I made a delicious Kale smoothie:
- 1 Tbsp. Maranatha Raw Almond Butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large organic kale leaves
- 1 cup Original Almond Breeze
- 1 Tbsp flax
- 1/3 cup frozen organic blueberries
This smoothie was SO good! It tasted really good with the almond butter- gave it a nice nutty flavour that mixed lovely with the Almond Breeze.
The Smoothie (with some vintage lace curtain)
It was awesome- this one is going to the recipes page as well!
Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash
Recipe from the lovely Anita
Let me just preface this ever so modestly by saying that this is the best way you will ever, ever, ever eat butternut squash. I’m not even joking!
I made this at the dinner party last week and it was a HUGE hit. I wished I had made 2!
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheeze OR grated Parmesan cheese*
1. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
Note: I was not vegan when this recipe was posted and we used parmesan cheese. I now make my own vegan parmesan cheese, by toasting sesame seeds and almonds in the oven. Then I process the seeds and nuts with a bit of nutritional yeast and salt (to taste). It makes a fantastic sub and is especially good on pasta!
2. Transfer to an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until squash is just tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Serve & enjoy with friends and family:
Also featured: Garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and my favourite Baked Dijon Salmon!
Stay tuned tonight for a fashion recap of the Grammy Awards as well as the name of my Online Bakery and my first product unveiled! :D
Up tomorrow my very first homemade loaf of Spelt Bread. Did it turn out? Tune in tomorrow to find out!
The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.
~M. Scott Peck (dang! Thats a good one!)