Home Renos + Smoothie Success

Good morning!

2 days ladies and gents!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Ok, I am a bit hyper this morning. Why you ask?
I just made the most delicious smoothier ever. yes. yes. yes! And I drank it so fast I feel a wee bit sick now. lol.

But before I get to the super healing smoothie, let me first show you a couple of things:

This arrived in the mail yesterday:

img 5054   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

I said to Eric, “Sweet look what came!!!!”

And then it hit me. I’m still injured :( This magazine arrival made me very sad! It is currently shoved in a desk drawer until further notice. *sniff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for the home renos that Eric and I are doing!!!

Peeling wallpaper!!! LOL. The most unfun thing in the world!

img 4940   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

Look how focused I am! hehe

img 4942   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

Before:

img 5067   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

After:

img 5068   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

Unfortunately because this wall paper was GLUED on, this one section took us hours :( We need to rent a steamer me thinks!

The entry way: This pic was taken after we peeled the wallpaper/border:

img 5070   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

The colours we are thinking of painting:

img 5076   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

yay neutrals!!!

Now for the amazing smoothie:

Berries ‘n Banana Green Power Smoothie

img 5072   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

The loot:

• 2 leaves of organic kale
  • handful of organic baby spinach
  • 1 Tbsp flax
  • 1 handful strawberries (frozen)
  • just less than 1/4 cup organic blueberries (frozen)
  • 3 sprigs of parsley
  • 1 medium ripened banana
  • 1 cup unsweetened Almond breeze

img 5075   Home Renos + Smoothie Success

This smoothie has approx 280-300 calories. And TONS of vitamins and minerals!!!

This was my favourite smoothie yet and is going straight to my recipe page!

See you later for another afternoon power snack recipe!

Keep those entries coming in for the valentine’s Day recipe contest- I have only received 3 so far!! And remember there is a prize for Canadians and US+other so your chances of winning are even better!!!

PS- Stay tuned tomorrow for my feature guest post on Go Healthy Go Fit!

Ciao :D

“If you are going through hell, keep going.”

Anne P February 5, 2009

I just received my power snack runner up contest prize…. YAY!!!! thank you!! :)

VeggieGirl February 5, 2009

AMAZING. SMOOTHIE. AND. NEW. HOME. DECOR.

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 5, 2009

Yummmy smoothie…looks really good!

Holly February 5, 2009

That smoothie sounds great! And your foyer is beautiful….it’ll be so neat to see the “after” pictures! :-)

dailygoods February 5, 2009

wow that looks like some tough work. loving the neutrals, can’t wait to see pics of it when its all freshly painted! and once again, lovely smoothie!!!

marafaye February 5, 2009

I cannot believe how much pink is in your house… it’s too much even for me, the girliest of the girly girls!!! It looks like a beautiful house though!!

Diana February 5, 2009

Your house is beautiful! Smoothie looks great!

girlrunningaround February 5, 2009

I haaaaaate peeling wallpaper. One time I decided to surprise my mom and redecorate her bathroom for Mother’s Day. She had 5, yes 5, layers of border on the walls. It took me over 8 hours to peel it all off! Yuck!

And your smoothie looks fabulous this morning!

haya February 5, 2009

that smoothie is a beautiful colour!!

it’s ironic that that issue of runners world has a big section on injury prevention. :-P i know it’s crappy to have to put it away so it doesn’t make you more sad, but think of how extra awesome it will be when you’re all healed! not only will you be able to run again, but you’ll have lots of awesome runners world magazines to read!

Allison February 5, 2009

I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten a good look at your kitchen walls before – we have the exact same color in ours! :)

sarah w. February 5, 2009

holy cow thats alot of PINK!!!

love love your staircase!

can’t wait to try the smoothie recipe! 300 cals aint bad, I’d probably add 100 cals of almonds for protein & fat on the side and call it breakfast :)

brandi February 5, 2009

I love that staircase! Those colors will look good in that entryway.

Melissa February 5, 2009

Baby spinach is definitely the most palatable green to add to smoothies, you can’t even taste it!

Don’t worry, you will be running again soon. I would love an update on how you are feeling, painwise etc. In the meantime, that wallpaper peeling looks like a workout!

kaneil February 5, 2009

First of all, sorry that you have to peel wallpaper!
Second, your house is gorgeous! It’s going to look even better once ya’ll are finished!
Third, now that looks like a green monster smoothie that I would enjoy. Can’t wait for the recipe! :)

2 more days for you, lucky duck!

Kaneil, balanceisbest

Trisha February 5, 2009

Try Delaware Putty from Benjamin Moore for your walls. I heard about it on a decorating show one time and painted it in my hallway. It’s awesome!

Anne P February 5, 2009

Hey, I was just wondering, what happened to the “get your body back” series from your sis? Hasn’t it been a couple weeks since we heard from her? Just curious to see how she was doing! :)

Sally February 5, 2009

That smoothie looks delicious! I bought some almond milk recently for chia pudding and my husband started using it in his daily smoothie. It is great in both!

Once I helped my research advisor peel wallpaper in her home. This one room had floor-to-ceiling floral wallpaper and when we peeled it off we found this psychedelic neon-colored wallpaper below. Of course that needed to be removed as well…

Missy (Missy Maintains) February 5, 2009

Your house looks so nice!! Thanks for the smoothie recipe!

Leah February 5, 2009

I definitely think that smoothie looks much better when you add more fruit to it! I think it’d probably be way more tolerable rather than just all veggies!!

carolinebee February 5, 2009

haha i like hyper angela! Sorry about your magazine sadness! :( BOO you will be back in no time! Good luck with the reno’s, your house looks gorgeous!

MaryBe February 5, 2009

Congrats on the new home, it’s going to be gorgeous!
Try mixing liquid fabric softener (any kind is fine) with the same amount of warm water in a squirt bottle. Helps a LOT in removing wallpaper!
Or try spraying Green Monster on it!

Deb February 6, 2009

Sorry about the sadness from getting the magazine.

Wallpaper is a big pain, been there…done that…

That is almost the exact smoothie I drink everyday. I add water instead of Almond milk though & have never put parsley in mine, Is there a reason for the parsley, not sure I know much about the nutrition in parsley.

totsmodeCop March 23, 2009