Special Delivery!!

Good morning!

Weeee….I won my first contest and the prize arrived last night!!

This lovely package came from the awesome Melissa from Fitness NYC! If you have not checked out her fabulous website please do so! It rocks. :D

img 4961   Special Delivery!!

Look at the awesome ‘quote’ card that she gave me!! I have this beside my computer screen now. :D

img 4964   Special Delivery!!

Included in the package: 2 awesome health bars!

• Keribar in Strawberry Chocolate Chip
  • Think Organic Bar in Tropical nut

I had not tried either of these bars so I was naturally so excited! I cracked a Keribar open after dinner:

img 4967   Special Delivery!!

It was so. good. so. so. good!

The stats:

• 130 kcals
  • 6 grams protein
  • 5 grams fibre
  • vegan

YUM! Thanks Melissa!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric and I watched The Office last night- the 1 hour special after the superbowl that we knew NOTHING ABOUT! What gives!? lol.

And oh my gosh did this episode deliver!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept saying to Eric….imagine the people who just stumbled upon this episode after watching football….imagine what they were thinking…what the hell is this!? haha.

The opening was possibly the funniest Office moment ever. The cat!!!!! In the filing cabinet!!!!!!

Ok I will stop now. I’m sure this is highly irritating for non-Office fans (do they exist?? lol).

Breakfast was a big let down!

I added some mango and it just made the smoothie taste bitter…I don’t know, maybe the mango wasn’t ripe enough!?

img 4973   Special Delivery!!

img 4977   Special Delivery!!

img 4978   Special Delivery!!

The loot:

• 2 organic kale leaves (1 large + 1 medium)
  • 1 Tbsp flax
  • 1 cup Original Almond Breeze
  • 3 sprigs of Parsley
  • 1/2 cup mango
  • 1 large banana

img 4982   Special Delivery!!

I was not a fan of the mango taste in this smoothie- it was pretty tart which makes me think that the mago wasn’t ripe enough! Maybe I should have waited a few days.

See you this afternoon for another powersnack recipe revealed and a video!

PS- We have more snow this morning :( I just heard on the traffic report ‘expect to double to triple your driving time this morning’ UGH!!!!!!

4 days!!

PPS- Check out my Salmon Vegetable Medley featured by Meg on Bites Du Jour!!

PPPS- I was featured as a KERF model today on Kath’s site! YAY!

Perfection is a trifle dull. It is not the least of life’s ironies that this, which we all aim at, is better not quite achieved.
~
W. Somerset Maugham

jenngirl February 3, 2009

Yay for fun prizes, that Keribar sounds great! OMG I LOVED the Office, it was basically the only reason I watched the Superbowl, so that I could be there when the episode started!! ha

Oh gosh, that traffic sounds awful, be safe, careful, and warm this morning!

ttfn300 February 3, 2009

ooh, gotta love packages :) was the mango really soft?? or yielded to pressure of your finger? it looks a little unripe so maybe that was it…

Michelle February 3, 2009

I liked your FAQ’s last night!! Thank you:) Oh and The Office was HILARIOUS!!! my boyfriend and I watched it last night ….the show is genius!!!

Nicole February 3, 2009

I have that card :D

I wish I had a blender so I could try out those green smoothies, they sound so interesting! I wonder how they taste..

dailygoods February 3, 2009

loved your faqs last night! always enjoy those posts! what an awesome package you got! when i made those spinach and mango smoothies, i bought my mango frozen. They were really really tasty, so maybe try buying them and they will taste better?? Ah, i must be really missing out.. i’ve never once seen an episode of the office

Diana February 3, 2009

Hey! Too bad you had a bad experience with the Mango. You are right in thinking it isn’t ripe. I can tell from the pictures that it isn’t “smoothie ready”. I promise you a ripe one tastes fantastic! You’ll have to try again! I’m making one tomorrow. You’ll have to stop by and check it out!

Leah February 3, 2009

I have never seen an episode of the office either. I think I need to find out if I can download some episodes or something! Drive safe to work today! Not long now!

Elina February 3, 2009

The office intro was definitely the best ever! The cat flying threw the ceiling – man, I can watch that on repeat over and over. Haha :D

girlrunningaround February 3, 2009

I haven’t had a chance to watch The Office yet. Now I can’t wait!

brandi February 3, 2009

Yay for The Office!!! It was SO good!

VeggieGirl February 3, 2009

Hooray!! :-)

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 3, 2009

Congrats on the Prize! That is awesome!

healthy ashley February 3, 2009

I was at a party for the super bowl and everyone was a little taken back when the Office came on. It’s a humor that not everyone understands :)

Melissa February 3, 2009

Thanks Angela,

I am glad you enjoyed it! I meant to say yesterday, I absolutely love your “what I bought” feature. It is a great addition to your blog.

Bobbi February 3, 2009

mango yum! Love the quote!

katecooks February 3, 2009

the office was SO good. it started a little after it was supposed to i think so my recorder didn’t tape the last ten minutes and im dying to find out what happened!! how random was the movie with jack black and the old lady LOL

Kaneil, Balance is Best February 3, 2009

Sorry about the smoothie! I am NOT a fan of unripened fruit. I wait until my bananas are almost black until I eat them. :)

Cute modeling pics on KERF! It was so fun to see you on her site!

Hope your commute wasn’t too bad – 3 more days!!!

Kaneil, Balance is Best

Kelly's Belly February 3, 2009

If you were a greeting card, that’d be it.

Kelly's Belly February 3, 2009

If you were a greeting card, that’d be it.

Kelly's Belly February 3, 2009

If you were a greeting card, that’d be it.

Ps. the Office WAS hillarrriousss… I used to watch it all the time but school work was always heavy on Thursday nights so I broke my habit. How great was Michael’s Roast…I cried from laughing so hard!

Kelly's Belly February 3, 2009

If you were a greeting card, that’d be it.

Marlow February 3, 2009

That Office episode was SO funny!! I was LOL’ing so LOUD!

jenni February 3, 2009

i’m sorry that your smoothie was sub-par. i almost used an unripe mango in mine the other day, but my mom stopped me just in time…who knew they were so dangerous? :)
i did make a kale smoothie the other day, by the way, and i loved it! i balanced out the bitterness with a banana and some frozen berries…mmm!
you just reminded me that i really have to catch up on the office, i’d better get to it!

Missy (MIssy Maintains) February 3, 2009

Love the Office!! I had no idea about the episode either till after it came on!! BTW I saw you on Kath’s blog this morning, so cute!!!

Lindsey (Mrs. LC) February 3, 2009

Please forgive if someone else already mentioned this (I didn’t read the comments) – your mango looks a little unripe to me. I think they’re usually a much deeper yellow-gold and softer when they’re more ripe. A good trick for smoothies? Just use frozen mango! It’s cheaper, you’re not paying for the pit that you throw away, it’s easier and quicker (no mess and time for cutting up the mango), and if you thaw the mango out overnight before you make your smoothie, the mango will be so much sweeter (when fruits are flash frozen, they maintain all their nutrients and the extra zap of cold brings out the fruit’s natural sweeteners…pretty sure this is also why rieslings are sweeter wines, because they use the grapes that have experienced that touch of cold before harvetsing!).

Ok, long comment, but hope it helps some!

(And gasp – my husband and I don’t want the Office. We never watched it and the few times we’re seen it we’ve been kinda clueless/ not sure what’s so funny).

Christina July 8, 2014

Hi Angela!

Having experienced being a fruitarian, any fruit I would eat would have to be ripe. This way the fruit would be at its sweetest and most delicious!