I hope you all had a fantastic day. My commute home was a breeze tonight- thank God- there wasn’t a lick of traffic! See there is balance in this great universe afterall. :D
Tonight, I decided, would be a baking night. A night to explore a recipe that I had not explored before. I was in a bread kind of mood. Doughy, sweet, natural bread. And I had some leftover pumpkin to use to boot. I wanted a healthy and wholesome bread, not bread that had 1 cup of oil in it. They. are. every. where. 1 cup? Seriously? 1 cup shortening? Ew.
I am often asked why I bake. I have three answers to that.
1) I have an undeniable sweet tooth.
2) It is a stress release
3) I love, love, love baking for others.
Oh She Glows
I adapted this recipe from Banana Pumpkin Bread found here.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking sode
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5 inch pan.
- Mash bananas and stir in eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl mix together flour, oats, baking soda + powder, salt, spices.
- Add dry into wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add raisins. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 55 min.
Sweet Doughy goodness:
After 55 mins.
Doughy + chunks of raisin and banana = Pure bliss.
With vegan margarine spread:
I rest my case.
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
- David Viscott