Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

Hello there!

I hope you all had a fantastic day. My commute home was a breeze tonight- thank God- there wasn’t a lick of traffic! See there is balance in this great universe afterall. :D

Tonight, I decided, would be a baking night. A night to explore a recipe that I had not explored before. I was in a bread kind of mood. Doughy, sweet, natural bread. And I had some leftover pumpkin to use to boot. I wanted a healthy and wholesome bread, not bread that had 1 cup of oil in it. They. are. every. where. 1 cup? Seriously? 1 cup shortening? Ew.

I am often asked why I bake. I have three answers to that.

1) I have an undeniable sweet tooth.

2) It is a stress release

3) I love, love, love baking for others.

img 4995   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread img 5004   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

img 4997   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

Sweet Doughy goodness:

img 5006   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

Before:

img 5007   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

After 55 mins.

img 5033   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

Doughy + chunks of raisin and banana = Pure bliss.

img 5027   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

With vegan margarine spread:

img 5030   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

I rest my case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
       - David Viscott

19 39 41   Honey Raisin Banana Pumpkin Bread

Jen February 3, 2009

YUMMY! I love to bake for the very same reasons :) :) :)

that last picture is gorgeous! as they all are :)

Meaghen February 3, 2009

That bread looks so good! I am definitely making that tomorrow night! I know what you mean about all the oil in baking! I always sub apple sauce or pumpkin when I bake. I never notice the difference! Thanks for the recipe!

julz February 3, 2009

That picture!

You should do a post on H0W T0: CATCH THE GUY! :)

Angela February 3, 2009

haha how to catch the guy- Eric LOVES that one ;)

He says its my baking :( LOL

Jen February 3, 2009

I hope you have that picture framed somewhere in your house – so gorgeous! I admire you for having the time + ambition to bake on a weeknight…baking is something I save for weekends because I can barely muster up the energy to do the dinner dishes on a weeknight, nevermind baking from scratch (something I love to do!) Hope it’s as tasty as it looks! (and also, just noticed how fabulous your stomach/abs look in that pic! Way to go!)

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) February 3, 2009

That bread looks yummy! Gorgeous photo at the end!

danser81 February 3, 2009

Those are the same reasons I bake! Your photo of you and the hubby is beautiful!

Michelle

Bree February 3, 2009

i think that’s my fav pic of all your engagement pics…you guys look so happy and i love the sunlight :-)

Maggie February 3, 2009

I don’t understand why recipes call for so much oil!!! It’s like no one has ever heard of better substitutions. And I honestly don’t think the oily recipes taste better – they taste way too heavy for me. I love baking too :)

elise February 3, 2009

wow. that bread is drool causing. do you use earth balance? mmmmmmmm…

Melissa February 3, 2009

OMG, I didn’t think there could be a more beautiful picture of you, but this one is amazing. gorgeous girl!

I feel the same way about baking it is so calming, my roommate constantly uses mixes where you add an egg and stick it in the oven, so depressing, when the process is 90% of the fun!

I think I will try this recipe with dates instead of raisins, looks so yummy!

Sweet and Fit February 4, 2009

i love to bake for other people too – and I totally see how its a stress release! just wanted to say that your picture is really beautiful – but I’m sure you already knew that =)

Annie February 4, 2009

Wow, that raisin banana pumpkin honey bread looks absolutely incredible! I love bananas and pumpkin is pretty darn good too! I can’t wait to try the recipe :)

onehealthyapple February 4, 2009

I also baked tonight for no particular reason. And you are literally glowing in that picture- love it!

Anne P February 4, 2009

mmmmmmm that looks amaaaaazing!!! next time, try subbing the veggie oil for applesauce. tastes just the same, is just as moist, and is healthier! :) no oil necessary at all!

Colleen February 4, 2009

Do you soak your raisins before baking with them? I discovered this gem not too long ago…if you soak your raisins in piping hot water for 5 minutes before adding to your mix it makes them plump and juicy! Just drain before you add them. :)

VeggieGirl February 4, 2009

HOLY YUM, OF COURSE!!

Lindsey (Mrs. LC) February 4, 2009

What a great picture for that quote! :) Perfect!

healthy ashley February 4, 2009

That bread looks amazing! And I just LOVE your photo. Please tell me you have that blown up huge some where in your home?

marafaye February 4, 2009

YUM YUM YUM!!!
I love that picture too…

brandi February 4, 2009

that bread looks so good.

I love that picture of you two! Beautiful

jenni February 4, 2009

that bread looks so tasty, thanks for the recipe! this is going on my “to make ASAP” list!

So Very Fabulous February 4, 2009

I love baking too, but I try not to too often. I live on my own and anything I bake will get eaten by me, and me alone! Not that I’d complain, but my waistline might.

Casey Leigh February 4, 2009

THIS looks so YUMMY!! Thanks for posting. :)

Erin March 28, 2009

google google yahoo yahoo

Jerold May 24, 2009

benadryl benadryl benadryl

Angie August 7, 2009

I’m so glad I found this site, I love it!…the pictures make it so much better, thank you for sharing all these recipes!

Rae Ann W. December 24, 2009

I saw that I had ripe bananas, canned pumpkin pie filling, and raisins in my pantry so I thought about making Banana Pumpkin Raisin Bread. I googled that and found this recipe, YAY! I told my sister about it and she suggested using Craisins…. I cannot wait to make it.

Tracy Gardner October 17, 2010

I made this today for my family with a few substitutions but my kids went nuts. Once I popped it out of the oven my 15 year old son had to have a warm slice right away. One wasn’t enough for him. Next my mom and 14 year old daughter walked in and sniffed the wonderful smell in the house so they also had to have a slice. I joined them and it was fabulous.

I did use Grapeseed oil in place of vegetabla oil.
I also used Agave and Cocunt Palm Sugar Crystals in place of white sugar.
My oats were all blended for another recipe and I had chia seeds blended with the oats.
I had to have a few nibbles while I was preparing dinner- oh so good! Thank you!!!

Tracy

Katie October 22, 2010

Made this a couple nights ago, it is nice to find a recipe 100% WW that still tastes good.

Katie November 7, 2012

Just put this in the oven for my bf! He is coming home early from work because of snow storm, the home is going to smell so yummy for when he walks in! :)

Megan November 20, 2012

Anyway to make this 100% vegan?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 21, 2012

That is a tricky one! Youd probably be better off finding a vegan banana bread recipe out there. I’ve done a lot of trials on it but so far nothing im 100% sold on yet (im so picky with my quick breads!)> goodluck

InIndiana November 11, 2013

just made this tonight and it is really, really wonderful. To make with what I had on hand I used rice oil, 1 cup white flour with 1/2 cup spelt flour, and I simply forgot to add the raisins…still delicious. Thank you!

Jennifer November 25, 2013

Has anyone tried this with a substitute for the eggs? If so, what was the substitute and how much? Thank you!
Jen

Brit November 29, 2013

I used Egg Replacer to make it for Thanksgiving (I’m a new vegan and haven’t experimented with whole foods egg substitutes). I also substituted garbanzo bean flour for whole wheat since there was a GF guest. I also used dried cranberries instead of raisins, added chopped walnuts, and put it in a round 9″ cake pan. It was delicious! Super moist!

I accidentally left it in the oven for a few minutes longer than I was supposed to, so it burnt a little. But it was still moist on the inside… which makes me wonder if something I did made it too moist and it won’t actually cook correctly in the right amount of time? I’ll try again shortly!

Thanks, Angela!