Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie

Good morning!

Wow, this smoothie is a winner! I added a handful of organic blueberries and a very ripe banana to my smoothie today and it was awesome!

Just from adding a handful of blueberries, the smoothie was a dark green, bluish tinged, colour. A nice change from the usual bright green. :)

The line-up:

img 4779   Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie

Ingredients:

• 1 cup original Almond Breeze
  • 2 leafs of organic kale
  • 1 very ripened banana
  • 1 Tbsp. flax
  • 1 handful organic blueberries

The result:

Can you see the tiny flecks of blue?? :)

img 4782   Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie

This smoothie recipe is a keeper!!! yum!

img 4781   Blueberry Banana Kale Smoothie

Well we are in the middle of a snow storm today- we got about 10 cm overnight and are supposed to get another 10 cm or so throughout the day.

The crappy thing is I have to go into work!!! My drive is going to be horrible, I just heard the traffic report and it is a mess. :( I was going to say I wasn’t going in today but I have a really important meeting today and I really need to be there. Blech!

I asked if I should come in and was told it really isn’t that bad out…I think you should try to come in as there are a lot of things to get done before you leave.

Real nice!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh She Glows Loot Bag Contest #3 update!

So far I have only received about 13 entries for a photo of your fav. afternoon powersnack! :) You guys have a very good chance to winning the loot. Come on, submit those entries!

Contest ends tomorrow!

See you peeps later…I’m off for what will likely be a 2 hour + drive :(

brandi January 28, 2009

Yeah…that interview was weird :)

smoothie sounds great!

(don’t tell more people to enter! I want a better chance to win!) :)

VeggieGirl January 28, 2009

LOVE YOUR SMOOTHIE!!!

jenngirl January 28, 2009

Blueberries definitely make great smoothies!! Stay safe and warm today :)

sweetandnatural January 28, 2009

Yikes to your boss! I love how Angelina and Brad had the same reaction to that question. Like who are you and why are you asking me that right now?

Kris January 28, 2009

What an interview! LOL…She’sout of a job! bahahaha

8 more days :)

haya January 28, 2009

ugh about your boss! good thing you’re leaving soon. my bus ride and 25 min walk in this morning were okay, but i anticipate that the commute home will be a lot messier! i am prepared to leave early ;-)

but i love looking out my window and seeing the snow come down. it’s a HUGE improvement on the frigid grey we’ve had the past week or two.

girlrunningaround January 28, 2009

We got a ton of snow too. Ugh. It took me two and half hours to get to work today. And by the time I leave to run some errands at work, I’ll probably only be getting paid for about 4 hours today. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

girlrunningaround January 28, 2009

oops, run some errands at *lunch

Missy (MIssy Maintains) January 28, 2009

Smoothie looks great! Doesn’t it suck having to come to work in this weather? Yuck!

carolinebee January 28, 2009

jeeez what a B!? She’s just pissed she’s losing her best employee :D I’m happy for you that you’re leaving and doing what’s best for you! I know how hard you worked in school and to get your degrees and do all that research, so it’s fully acceptable that you deserve to do something you LOVE!

glidingcalm January 28, 2009

oh my gosh….that interview WAS horrid. Angelina pretty much like “STOP talking to me.” Wow! I never get to watch TV anymore, so thanks for posting this Angela!!

Your smoothies always look fab! Hope you have a great Wednesday!!!

Krista January 28, 2009

I working up the courage to try one of your smoothies. Any ideas on the calories/fat/fibre in one of those babies?

Sounds like your boss is a little ticky with you. To me, that’s a good indication that you would not have been happy there long term. Your boss should’ve been more understanding (in my opinion) as the roads were crap and I know there were closures in the major highways this morning. Hope your drive was OK.

Anne P January 28, 2009

mmmmmmm anything with blueberries is amazing.

your boss sounds like my old boss (horrible). good luck today!

Diana January 28, 2009

I can’t believe she would respond to your email like that! She shouldn’t pressure you to drive in conditions you are uncomfortable with. Can you tell I studied HR? haha! I had a wonderful blueberry smoothie today too! YuM!

bobbi January 28, 2009

thanks for the video…that is weird!

Hangry Pants January 28, 2009

The smoothie sounds delicious!

Michelle January 28, 2009

UGH!!! “Brangelina” are soooo annoying to me. Im not sure who the heck Angie thinks she is exactly. First off, its her JOB to talk to the press, she a celeb for chrissake!! If she doesnt want to talk to anyone…well then throw in the towel, sell the 4 multi-million dollar homes, and live modestly like the rest of us. Oh and Im not sure if the interviewer had something in her contacts or what but the dress was HORRID!! pfff……..anyways…your smoothies always look interesting…as soon as I get a blender, im gonna try ‘em out. Yeah….we got hit here in New England with snow too….just spent 45 min outside clearing it off the driveway. (oh well….cardio..lol)

Maggie May 16, 2009

Hey Angela!

I am planning on having my first Green Monster in the morning….but I’m curious about a couple things. First off..is it a substitute for breakfast? Second..can I use spinach instead of kale? And third…what do you think about the combination of mango, spinach, banana?

Can you post the answers on my blog? Please?
Thanks!!