I had a decent sleep last night, although I am still on Toronto time and waking up very early! It actually works to my advantage because it gives me time to blog in the AM before I start my day.
Eric is snoozing away as I type this. It is still dark outside– apparently the sun doesn’t rise here until 8:45am– yuck!
Staying Healthy while on Vacation
My sister and I leave for the gym around 9am. I am excited and my body is craving endorphins! It is funny how you become physically and physiologically addicted to the feeling that exercise gives you.
I am planning on running today to try and keep my mileage at a somewhat respectable amount by the end of this week. I have been planning out my workouts a bit.
I find planning workouts in advance can really help with your overall picture of what you want to achieve out of your week, especially if you are on vacation!
This is what I chicken scratched on a piece of paper regarding workouts this week:
- Mon. Dec 22: Gym- running either on running track or treadmill (4-5 miles), stretching, 15 mins. Yoga/Pilates (in the evening from Youtube)
- Tues. Dec. 23: Body Pump (weight) class with my sis, maybe light cardio before or after class
- Wed. Dec. 24: Gym- running (4 miles)
- Christmas Day: OFF or 30 mins. Pilates workout videos online
- Boxing Day: Running– (4 miles)
- Sat. Dec. 27: OFF or Running– speed work (3 miles)
- Sun. Dec. 28: Running– long run- (6-7 miles)
Anticipated running mileage goal: 20 miles
So as you can see, it can take some thought and planning when it comes down to fitting out exercise during the holidays. A few of these workouts will require an early morning rise to fit everthing in. But that is ok. It is all about prioritizing!
I really hope that I am able to stick with this!
So what is in the suitcase of a chronic over-packer, you ask?
Well, I actually don’t think I did too poorly this time in terms of over-packing!
Here are most of the clothes that I brought:
Not shown above: Gym clothes, shoes, underware, etc!
~Bits and Pieces