Welcome Home, Arlo

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 4, 2016

065A5185

I’m so excited to introduce you to our newest bundle of joy!

Arlo is home after a fast and furious entrance into the world this past Wednesday. We’re so happy and in love. I honestly don’t know how we ever lived without this little snuggle bug. He’s just so stinkin’ sweet. I want to freeze time because I know how quickly it flies. At 6 days old, it already seems like it’s going by way too fast, which I know probably sounds crazy.

Adriana is pretty smitten with little brother too; she’s assumed the role of doting big sis, making sure she lets us know if his blankie or hat falls off (“Hat off, hat off!”) and showering him with kisses and some “Wake up, Arlo!” screams for good measure. And questionable poking, lots of questionable poking.

This labour was completely different from the first. It started very slowly and sporadically over the course of a few days, and then it suddenly became fast, dramatic, and intense very quickly (just like my midwife warned). There were tears and f-bombs dropping, and that was before I even got to the hospital. I’m working on writing Arlo’s birth story, and I’ll link to the post here when it’s up! Right now it’s just a ton of random point form (with a few funny moments told by Eric…lol). I also have a few recipe posts planned for the coming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for those, too.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes over the past week. It really means the world to us!

With love from the (sleepy) Liddons,

xo

arlo2

ARLO3daysold-3-3

Page 4 of 4«1234
Mariell October 8, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Congratulations Liddons!! He is absolutely adorable!! <3

Desarae October 9, 2016 at 12:43 am

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your sweet little son! Welcome to the wonderful, wild world of raising boys! :)

Connie October 9, 2016 at 7:00 am

Congratulations!!!

Melissa October 9, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Leigh October 10, 2016 at 4:39 am

Congratulations! He is so beautiful! Good to hear you are doing well and the birth went fine! I cant wait to read more about your birth story =)

Nancy October 10, 2016 at 5:05 am

Congratulations!

Truan October 10, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Congratulations! He is so, so beautiful. I was following along on snapchat and was so excited to hear that he arrived safely! My son (and first born) is due in 3 months, so I’m excited to hear how things go for you guys with a little boy! :)

Amy October 10, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Congrats!! Glad the delivery turned out well in the end…

Cat October 11, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Congratulations to you all! He looks beautiful!
Welcome to the Mama of a son club! They are wild and wonderful. Such a joy :)

Betzy October 12, 2016 at 3:56 pm

PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS BABY. GOD BLESS YOU.

Leslie October 15, 2016 at 8:36 am

Congratulations!! A very adorable baby with a very healthy glow!! Best wishes!!

Sandra October 18, 2016 at 8:06 am

Congratulations and welcome to Arlo! Hope the time goes slower for you, so you can make the most of every moment. Best wishes!

Kathy October 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations!! He is adorable!

Karen October 20, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Precious gift from above!

Robin October 24, 2016 at 10:28 pm

What a miracle he is!

Kathryn Sheldrick November 3, 2016 at 6:20 am

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! My baby (who is 18) just announced she is no longer eating meat. Yikes! What now? I purchased your books. Can you give me some quick tips? By the way, I am 50ish and a lot of my friends are going through the same thing with their children. I respect my daughter’s choice and I agree with it in principal but I need to get some protein in her, other than milk, cheese etc. Please note I have never “blogged” before and I am not sure if I am blogging now. Is there a section on your website I should refer to? Thank you for your help, and your books are beautiful. Kathryn

Ramona November 17, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Congratulations Angela. He looks adorable. I wish you and your whole family well :)

Laurie November 17, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Congratulations to all of you. What an absolutely precious and beautiful little baby…..such a gift.

Sarah beirne November 18, 2016 at 4:08 pm

What a sweetie! Congratulations!! It really does go so much faster with two babes! Quick question- I go back to work Monday.(Waaaa!) Have any suggestions on what to (easily) make ahead for a weeks worth of meals? Thank you and enjoy those snuggles!

Angela Liddon December 14, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Hi Sarah, This is a bit delayed, but I hope your back-to-work transition has been going well so far! For lunch ideas, I’d suggest checking out this Friday FAQs post, question #4. I talk about some great, quick-and-easy recipe options that are perfect make-aheads for work. I hope this helps!! And thank you so much for your kind congrats. :)

Kathleen JONES November 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Hi Angela! Congratulations!! I hope all is going well with your new wee one!! I just wanted to let you know I love your new cookbook!! I am making the spicy cabbage soup today and also the banana bread! I just became vegan! I tried it a few years ago after your first book, which my daughter took from me!! I have to go buy another one. I really love all the recipes, and admire all of your hard work!!
Wishing you all the best!
Kathleen

marilyn best November 22, 2016 at 1:43 am

Congrats on your new beautiful bundle of joy!!! He’s certainly a handsome little love bug, best wishes for you and your family!!

Tiffany November 26, 2016 at 7:54 am

Angela:

He is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to you and your family!

Fran December 1, 2016 at 6:22 pm

OMG he is such a darling! Congratulations!

Bridget December 6, 2016 at 2:47 am

Congratulations on baby number 2! What a lucky baby to have such a wonderful mother. He is beautiful. Also want to say thank you for your amazing recipes. I made the chocolate cheer smoothie this morning. It was so delicious and creamy. I am so impressed with your recipes. You should be very proud of yourself for enabling others to live healthier lifestyles – and cohabitat with all the animals. I am reading your recipes via cookbook and/or website nearly everyday. Thank you!

Loganayaki December 14, 2016 at 2:38 am

Congrants.

Serena December 14, 2016 at 6:05 am

Hello

New to your blog. Great recipes! I’m loving it so far.

We too have recently welcomed our precious little Arlo into our family. Congratulations!

Angela Liddon December 14, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Hi Serena, I’m so happy to hear you’ve been enjoying the blog so far. :) Congrats to you, too!

Gustavo Woltmann December 31, 2016 at 7:53 am

Arlo is so cute! Congratulations to your new born baby. Best regards to you and to your family.

– Gustavo Woltmann

Marissa February 4, 2017 at 11:08 am

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy!

Amanda March 3, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I am so very far behind. Congrats to you and your growing family. And I am dying laughing at “questionable poking”.

Rosa March 14, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Thank you for your website and cookbooks. Ever since I found your “garden burger” recipe you have been my “go to” for tasty, healthy recipes. Huge appreciation for what you do. HUGE!

Maureane Dupuis March 19, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Congratulations Angela and family! So lovely to see and a beautiful name as well. Thank-you for sharing and best wishes, Maureane & family. P.S. My family and I love your cookbooks.

Kate McLaughlin June 22, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Congratulations!!!! Oh my, what an angel baby xoxo.

I just wanted to let you know that I love your cookbook. My husband’s favorite dinner is steak and rice and he absolutely detests change . . .however, he absolutely loved the Crowd Pleasing Tex-Mex Casserole. And he has been consistently loving every recipe I try. I have been loving the tasty smoothies. Thank you for the forward and pantry stocking information – it has really helped me transition into this new healthy eating. I am glowing, girl!

Good luck with the babies! Mine are about to turn 4 and 2 and it is such a wonderful adventure. xoxo

Kate