Can I get a drum roll, please? I have some big news for you: Oh She Glows is hiring! With so many exciting things afoot, we’ve decided to expand our small-but-fierce team even further. Specifically, we’ll be interviewing for a paid Social Media Specialist. This position will be part-time (around 15 hours per week) to start, with the potential to develop into a full-time role, and grow with us. If you think this sounds like it might be up your alley, please read on!
Oh She Glows Social Media Specialist
Start date: August 15, 2016
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Social Media Specialist or equivalent
- Previous experience in public relations or digital marketing is not required, but preferred
- Very familiar with the Oh She Glows brand, community, blog, recipes, and mission
- Proficiency with various social media tools, such as Hootsuite, Facebook business pages, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Snapchat, Facebook Live, Google+
- Experience using Photoshop (especially to create text overlay, photo collages, graphics)
- Passion for plant-based cuisine, nutrition, and healthy living
- Excellent writing, communication, and editorial skills; creative, trustworthy, self-starting, flexible, enthusiastic
- Culinary experience (either as an avid home cook or professionally)
- On top of current food and wellness trends
- Works closely with our team to brainstorm new content ideas
- Generates, edits, and shares daily content on social media accounts
- Analyzes social media metrics to optimize performance
- Offers new ideas and opportunities to promote engagement
- Seeks out and works with brands to coordinate contests, giveaways, and prize mail-outs
- Uses Photoshop to create eye-catching text overlay, photo collages, graphics
Compensation: Hourly, based on experience
Location: This is a remote position, however if you are in the Greater Toronto Area that is always a bonus.
How to apply: Email a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing why you are a great fit for our team and your experience as it pertains to this position, as well as an up-to-date resume (with your location) to careers(at)ohsheglows(dot)com by July 27, 2016. Please title the subject line: SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST POSITION. If you have an online portfolio, website, and/or social media account(s) you wish to share, feel free to link to them in your resume. Candidates will be notified only if they are selected to move on in the interviewing process. Thank you in advance for your interest!