Cozy Butternut, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Stew

cozybutternut-sweet-potato-red-lentil-stew-5458

cozybutternut-sweet-potato-red-lentil-stew-5462

After my ambitious triple-blog-post week just after Arlo was born, I lost the motivation to write. I even had a few recipes and photos uploaded to my drafts folder, but I just couldn’t write the actual posts.

Knowing how fast this time goes by, I yearned to simply be present. I slowed down, which felt absolutely amazing. I worked when the inspiration was there and didn’t when it wasn’t. I soaked up our sweet baby boy. I savoured the confidence and ease of being a second-time mom (what a difference). A rollercoaster of hormones hit me early on, and I struggled with the blues on and off. I nursed and pumped and nursed some more. Eric and I mumbled incoherent words, back and forth, in the middle of the night (why is it so impossible to string words together at 3am?). I kissed Arlo’s head, cheeks, and feet a million and one times, and it has yet to feel like enough. I don’t think it ever will.

We witnessed Adriana transform into a little girl right before our very eyes. One night as I rocked her at bedtime—with her long legs falling off the side of the rocker, my arms burning under the weight of her body, and her bossy words instructing me what songs to sing and not to sing (“NO thank you, MOMMY!”)—it struck me that I was not cradling a baby anymore. I fought back tears. It had been a while since I rocked her, as my 3rd trimester bump had gotten in the way. Now she was basically a teenager disguised as a two-year-old.

Our basement renovation is almost wrapped up, so we’ve taken up dancing, the four of us, in the unfurnished rooms while listening to Christmas music. Adriana clutches her baby doll in her arms, just like I do with Arlo. We also play hide and seek. Often, the basement fun abruptly ends in tears as Adriana has a penchant for running into walls. Ouch. Boo-boos are kissed, and we explain, once again, why it’s a bit too soon for her to pick up her baby brother. So she hovers about an inch over his face, just trembling with excitement, sneaking in kisses. “He’s looking at you!” she yells with delight as he stares into her eyes.

I never want to forget these moments.

Even though I haven’t been writing as much, I’ve been cooking every chance that I get. A couple months ago, Pulse Canada contacted me about partnering with them to develop and share a recipe in celebration of the International Year of Pulses. If you can believe it, I’ve never created a sponsored recipe; most offers I’ve received didn’t feel like authentic reflections of me and the Oh She Glows brand. But pulses…well, I didn’t have to think twice. Peas, beans, lentils, and chickpeas? You know I’m down with that. As I’ve shared on the blog before, Canada is one of the world’s leading producers of pulses (in fact, we’re the #1 producer of peas and lentils, which I think is super cool). There are a whopping 22,000 pulse farmers in Canada (high fives), and our pulses are consumed in over 150 countries. (“Our pulses”? Okay, now I’m talking like I grew them myself or something!) On a personal level, I eat pulses every single day, and I adore their flavour and versatility. Red Lentil Hummus, Chickpea Pancakes, No Bake Chickpea Cookie Dough Bars (a recipe I never got around to finalizing!), Lentil-Walnut Taco “meat”…the sky’s the limit with what you can create!

Aside from being super nutritious and easy on the wallet, pulses are friendly to the environment, too. Their carbon footprint is lower than almost any other food group.

Pulse Canada has created the “Pulse Pledge” encouraging people to commit to eating pulses once a week for 10 weeks and reduce their carbon footprint all at the same time. It’s totally free, and you can sign up with me here. (Spoiler alert: I’m killing it, lol.)

A big thanks to Pulse Canada for sponsoring this post. I’m delighted to finally share my newest pulse-based stew recipe with you below!

A couple housekeeping notes:

Be sure to check out my Instagram post on Friday for some super exciting Black Friday news (hint hint: big app sale, a free holiday cookie app bundle, and Android news!).

Lastly, I’m thrilled to let you know that Oh She Glows Every Day has made it to the final round in the Goodreads Choice Awards. Thank you so much to everyone who has voted and helped to get the book this far! Voting for the final round is open through November 27th; if you’re game to cast one more virtual ballot (or maybe your first!), I would appreciate the support more than I can say. :)

image

veganstew

cozybutternut-sweet-potato-red-lentil-stew-5424

5 from 107 reviews

Cozy Butternut, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Stew

Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free

By

Butternut squash, red lentils, and sweet potato are wrapped in a lightly sweet and creamy coconut and tomato broth accented with spicy notes of turmeric, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and garlic. Apple cider vinegar provides a tangy brightness to bring everything together. This stew tastes better the next day once the flavours have had a chance to mingle; if you can make it the day before serving, I’d highly recommend it! This recipe was created for Pulse Canada, and was inspired by Deliciously Ella.

Yield
11 cups (2.75 quarts)
Prep Time
Cook time

Ingredients:

For the stew:
  • 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced (about 2 cups/280 g)
  • 3 to 4 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 cups (400 g) peeled, seeded, and diced butternut squash*
  • 1 large sweet potato (450 g), peeled and diced (2 1/2 cups/340 g)*
  • 3 cups (750 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth
  • 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can light coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup (100 g) dried red lentils, rinsed**
  • 3 tablespoons (45 mL) tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more if you like heat
  • Fine sea salt, to taste (I use 1 1/2 teaspoons pink salt)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3 teaspoons (15 mL) apple cider vinegar, or to taste
  • 1 bunch chard, stemmed and finely chopped***
Optional accompaniments:
  • Fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
  • Cooked rice
  • Garlic powder and chili powder

Directions:

1. To a large pot, add the oil, onion, and garlic. Stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onion is softened.
  2. Add the squash and sweet potato and stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and continue sautéing for a few minutes longer.
  3. Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with juices), coconut milk, lentils, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. (If you are spice-shy, feel free to add half the amount to start and increase from there after cooking, to taste.) Stir well to combine.
  4. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, stir again, and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash and potato are fork-tender. Reduce the heat if necessary.
  5. Add the apple cider vinegar to taste. Adjust the other seasonings if desired.
  6. Optional step: Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the stew for only 2 to 3 seconds (any more and you’ll blend too much of the veggies). This thickens the broth.
  7. Stir in the chard, and cook for another couple minutes until the greens are wilted.
  8. Scoop some cooked rice onto the bottom of a bowl and then ladle the stew overtop. Garnish with minced cilantro or parsley and a good dusting of garlic and chili powder, if desired.
  9. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, and they freeze beautifully too.

Tips:

* Make sure to dice the squash and potato very small (about the size of almonds), as this will expedite cooking. Also, if you are short on time, you can skip peeling the butternut squash as the skin is edible. (I don’t recommend skipping peeling the potato, though.)

** You can swap the red lentils for 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed).

*** You can swap the chard for 5 ounces of baby spinach or a bunch of kale (stemmed). I recommend chopping the greens into small bite-size pieces for easier eating.

cozybutternut-sweet-potato-red-lentil-stew-5455

1 Michael Blackman November 23, 2016

Hi looks like a really nice recipe BUT misleading because not in the “The Oh She Glows Cookbook.”

2 Ashley December 21, 2016

I don’t see how this is misleading. She never says this is in the cookbook. She simply references her cookbook in the post, she also mentions her baby in the post but I wouldn’t assume he comes in the cookbook simply because he’s mentioned in the post.

3 JUstin December 30, 2016

LMAO

4 Sherryn Adair January 2, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I think it is in the most recent cookbook? Also, I made this last night and O-M-G did it cure what ails me: an accumlated 2.5′ of snow, wisdom teeth removal recovery and a post-2016 hangover. I used the lite coconut milk but added just the cream from a refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk to make it creamier; today I added coconut aminos and it was the BOMB! Very healing, satisfying and prepping everything first made clean up a snap! Thanks, Angela.

5 Kassy | Enjoying Earth November 23, 2016

This recipe looks fabulous. I can certainly relate here– I love my peas, chickpeas, beans, and lentils. I end up throwing together a big bowl of steamed squash, sweet potatoes, lentils, and rice at least a few times a week this time of year, so spinning it all into a soup is such a fun new variation that I’m excited to try. Congratulations on your first sponsored post!
Thanks so much, Angela!

6 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thank you, Kassy!

7 gauri November 23, 2016

Hearty congrats on being in the finals and best luck :) Loved this recipe. Pulses are daily in meals at my home and this one looks very tempting to be tried out. Thank you :)

8 Bev November 23, 2016

Great recipe, cannot wait to try. All the best for the finals, I have voted again!

9 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thanks for your support, Bev!

10 Bev December 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This went down a treat on Sunday and all my guests remarked on how delicious it was! It will be a favourite for sure and made many times. Thank you Angela

11 Margaret November 23, 2016

Thanks for your post and reminder to vote for your cookbook (I did :-).I’m glad to hear you’ve been slowing down a bit and valuing the moments before they become memories. I don’t eat lentils enough, though I love your Ultimate Green Taco Wraps. I need to try this one, too.

12 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thanks so much for your support and kind word words, Margaret :)

13 Heather L November 23, 2016

Recipe look great! (And I voted!)

14 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thank you for the vote, Heather! :) I appreciate the support so much.

15 Melanie W November 23, 2016

Mmmm. I know what I’m making next week – I even have all the ingredients! I’d love to vote, but the book is on my Christmas list so sadly I don’t have it yet. I can say that your first book is the most heavily used out of my extensive collection! I can’t wait for the second one.
Enjoy the baby and the slowing down – we will be here when you show up!

16 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thanks for your kind words, Melanie! I hope you love the new book when it arrives on Christmas morning, and that you enjoy the stew when you give it a try. :)

17 Jen November 23, 2016

Could I use chickpeas instead of red lentils?

18 Angela Liddon December 1, 2016

Hi Jen, Yes, definitely! Please see my note at the bottom of the recipe for a chickpea tip. :) I hope you love the stew!

19 Jo November 23, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Tried this recipe tonight. We loved it!

20 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Jo!

21 Kate November 23, 2016

So glad to see you’re back! I just wanted to share how much my family and I are enjoying Oh She Glows Every Day. I ordered it the moment it was available to pre-order, and these last few months have really gotten me inspired for cooking again, largely because everything we’ve tried in your book has been such a success (most recently used recipes: 9-spice mix, pumpkin snacking cookies, dusted w/ confectioner’s sugar, and cabbage lentil soup — all in the last few days). After a couple years of limited time and energy, my love for cooking was waning. Your blog and book are such a delight. Your book is my go-to lately for meal planning and inspiration. Best to you and your family!

P.S. As an Android user, I’m hopeful that your app might be available soon too given your hint today!

22 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Oh, thanks so much for the heartfelt (and heartwarming!) comment, Kate. I’m so pleased to hear you and your family have been enjoying my new cookbook! :)

23 Mike November 24, 2016

I am feeling a bit under the weather and this looks so amazing and good. As someone who is a Vegan wow does this look tasty

24 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

If you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it! Sending you a ton of get well wishes, too. :)

25 John A August 14, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This was amazing tried it all went well. Loved the taste of the potato.

26 Kati | black.white.vivid. November 24, 2016

This is such a beautiful recipe. And just voted too :) x Kati

27 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thanks for the support, Kati! :)

28 [email protected] Freelance Content Writer November 24, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Great dish, could not wait to attempt. All the most effective for the finals, I don’t eat lentils enough, though I enjoy your Ultimate Green Taco Wraps. I need to try this, as well.

29 Tori//Gringalicious.com November 24, 2016

This is so my kind of thing! Omg, I adore sweet potatoes with curry!

30 Karen November 24, 2016

This looks like such a great recipe! And congrats on the good news. Although I have missed your posts, I am so glad to hear that you have slowed down to enjoy the precious moments in your family. This of course is so important, so don’t worry about us over here! Enjoy this season. <3

31 Ruth November 24, 2016

Yay, I’ve been eyeing this on Snapchat!! I’m all for pulses, so the theme is awesome! I read a book called “The History of Beans” which I highly recommend to anyone who likes pulses.

Definitely voted, and definitely will be checking Insta tomorrow!!

32 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thanks for the support, Ruth!

33 Susan November 24, 2016

What a gorgeous stew! I’m a lentil addict, so this will be working its way into weeknight repertoire sooner rather than later. Congrats on making it to the final round of the Goodreads Choice Awards.

34 Angela Liddon November 24, 2016

Thank you, Susan! I hope you love this soup when you get a chance to give it a try. :)

35 Chef Sous Chef November 24, 2016

This looks so good. I love the addition of the chard. Congrats on the Goodreads nomination.

36 Jane November 24, 2016

Just voted – best wishes for your success! I’m going to make this recipe this weekend. Can I use squash that was store bought, still raw but nicely cubed which is now living in my freezer.

Arlo – what a wee dote (an old I rish expression for someone you’d be doting on and how could you help not)?

37 Angela Liddon December 1, 2016

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your support! Also, I love that phrase “a wee dote” too; I’ll have to throw it into a convo with our Irish relatives sometime and see if I impress them! haha. ;) I don’t see why frozen squash wouldn’t work, but I have to admit, I’ve never added frozen squash to a soup before! If you try it out, please let us know how it goes.

38 Jane December 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I DID try the soup with the frozen squash but it occurred to me that adding frozen raw squash to the recipe at the beginning could make it more watery. So I put everything but the squash together and started cooking. I defrosted and cooked the squash by steaming it and added to the rest of the stew by checking what stage the sweet potatoes had reached – when they matched, in went the squash to pick up the lovely flavours. Worked out a charm and have just finished a bowl of it for lunch – delicious! Thanks for getting me to think outside the box.

Jane

39 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Wonderful!! Thanks for reporting back :)

40 Kristi November 24, 2016
Recipe Rating:

As a mom of three, including one born the same week as Arlo, I’m glad you chose to slow down. Life is too fast and mental health is important too!!! Ive been a long time fan and love your cookbooks. My husband always teases me and says, is this recipe from your friend,Angela? I just felt like writing today to encourage you as a new mom and fellow “friend” in the food world!

41 Angela Liddon November 25, 2016

Aw, thank you so much for the kind, encouraging words, Kristi! Congratulations to you and your family on your new addition. :)

42 Izabella November 24, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and loved it! Even my husband had seconds and is taking it for lunch tomorrow! Thank you!

43 Angela Liddon November 25, 2016

Oh, I’m so happy to hear it was a hit, Izabella! Enjoy the leftovers :)

44 Vilma November 25, 2016
Recipe Rating:

That’s a great meal for a cold winter evenings :) love it!

45 Lisa November 25, 2016

Angela congrats on new baby, and good for you slowing down and taking time to enjoy your little ones! This recipe looks wonderful. Do you think it would be as good with regular brown lentils. I wish you the best, and I’m going to vote!

46 Angela Liddon December 1, 2016

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for the warm congrats! Red lentils are great in soups and stews because they break down when cooked, and help to thicken the broth. Brown lentils should work too though, but keep in mind they’ll retain their shape a bit more and alter the texture of the soup slightly. Please let me know what you think, if you give the swap a try!

47 Jane Ross November 25, 2016

Sent a response yesterday – have both your cookbooks, can I use frozen squash and what a lovely baby Arlo is – my post isn’t included with others dated yesterday. Did I not send it correctly? I thought I hit the submit button but maybe not.

48 Terri MacAleese November 25, 2016

Yay for stew and super YAY for the Android App. I cannot tell you how excited I am for the app. I totally feel I have been missing out. Like I knew about the party but was not invited. Love the video, the cookies look Delish!
This stew is going in my belly this weekend. I just have to get my hands on the light coconut milk.
Congrats on becoming a family of four.
You Rock Angela.

49 Angela Liddon November 25, 2016

I hope you enjoy the stew this weekend, Terri! And I hope you absolutely LOVE the app once the Android version is ready. :)

50 Camille - Plaidandblueberries November 25, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this for lunch today, my mom and I loved it ! Thank you for your amazing recipes!
And, of course, I voted :)

51 Angela Liddon November 25, 2016

Thank you for the support, Camille! I’m so thrilled you and your mom enjoyed the stew.

52 Tana Gilberstad November 25, 2016

ALWAYS love to read your stories – you’re one of the greatest story tellers today. Looking forward to the pulse pledge. Happy eating!

53 Marion November 25, 2016

I just got your new cookbook from the library. Had to wait a bit for it as it is so popular!
I love the sound of this recipe and am going to try it, but I have to comment on the pictures in your book (and the last book too) They are so amazing and yummy looking, you just want to try everything.
I am also impressed with the glass canning jars and other containers, bowls, glasses that you use, but especially the canning jars. I like the way they can stack (mason jars don’t always stack so well. May I ask where you got them? you should put that information in with your bibliography the way some magazines do. I got a set of dishes that I just loved that way from Eaton’s (going back awhile) because I saw them being used in a food presentation in a magazine. I believe it was Chatelaine!
Thanks very much and love the new book

54 Nicole November 28, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I love those “stackable” canning jars, too! I searched, found and purchased them at Crate and Barrel, they are called Weck jars if you are loving the same ones I am!

55 Emily November 25, 2016

Looks delicious- so nice to get an update. Will you be posting Arlo’s birth story? :)

56 Angela Liddon November 28, 2016

Hi Emily, thanks so much for the question! You can read Arlo’s birth story here. :)

57 Tally erp 9 tutorial November 25, 2016
Recipe Rating:

That looks too good to be true! ??

58 Katie November 26, 2016

Can’t wait to try this! Because I’m lazy, do you think I could throw this in the crockpot?

59 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Hi Katie, I haven’t tried it in the crock pot myself, but I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work! If you experiment, please report back–I’d love to know how it goes. I would probably attempt using the lowest heat setting to make sure it doesn’t dry out the first try. :)

60 Scarlet November 26, 2016

This looks great and the cilantro looks like a great flavor contrast to the sweetness of the squash and sweet potato. Yummy spice blend too!

61 La Fruta November 26, 2016

Sign me up for the newsletter

62 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Hi there! I’m so pleased to hear you’re interested in receiving our newsletter. You can sign up here: http://ohsheglows.com/newsletter/.

63 Michelle November 26, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this recipe tonight as an after hike meal. The company I was with did not want to have any onion or garlic in the recipe so I gave it a try without those items and this recipe turned out wonderfully! Very creamy mouth feel and very satisfying over a bowl of brown rice. Very nicely done Angela. Another incredible recipe!

64 Angela Liddon November 28, 2016

Thanks for sharing, Michelle! I’m so happy it still turned out well without those spices. :)

65 Sue November 26, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! Thank you for another great recipe! I have both of your cookbooks and I love them both.

Oh, I voted! I’ll try and vote again tomorrow!

66 Angela Liddon November 28, 2016

Thanks so much for the support, Sue! I’m so happy you’re loving the cookbooks (and this stew!).

67 Why Become Vegan November 27, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I can say whole heatedly that you need to follow the tip of cutting the squash into almond sized pieces. I forgot to do that and had to cook it a lot longer and keeps testing it to see if it was done.

68 Courtney November 28, 2016

Angela this looks delicious! Could I leave the tomatos out? My lo is having acid reflux issues:-(

Also, I’m amazed at how you could have been writing my very own story…my sweet boy was born October 24th and we are also trying to soak it in! The minute we came home from the hospital we realized our little girl was not so little anymore. She is 2 years 5 months and bossy too?. I seriously ugly cried a few times realizing how big she is and even though ADORING our sweet boy, missing all the sweet days I had with my sweet girl. I too had baby blues for a couple weeks so that didn’t help. Big sister loves brother and we love that! I’m just trying to survive as a mom so I can’t imagine how tired you must be! Hope you are doing well!

69 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Hey Courtney, Congrats on your new baby boy! Yes, it’s all about survival right now..glad we’re not the only ones! ;) As for leaving out the soup you definitely can try it. I would probably add a bit more broth in its place. The tomatoes lend acidity to the soup so you might find that it needs a little “brightness” added back to it without them (such as more vinegar until it pops). Just add it slowly to taste and you should be fine! Or maybe you’ll enjoy the flavour without tweaking anything at all.

70 Charlene November 28, 2016

I made this on the weekend and it was fabulous.

71 Amanda - Create N Plate November 28, 2016

This looks so hearty and delicious! I’m so glad that you took the time to slow down and experience the special moments in your life. So precious!

72 Unicorn1933 November 28, 2016

Can I roast the sweet potatoe and butternut squash cubes and then add them to stew?

73 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Oh, I think that would add a really lovely smoky flavour to the soup. Let me know how it goes if you try it out!

74 Christine Lacey November 29, 2016

Welcome back! We are glad to see you!

I am going to try this recipe on Thursday when I work from home. Now I’m at the office enjoying one of your lentil soups from the second cookbook. What is my afternoon snack, you ask? Why, it will be the chocolate chip cookie dough balls from the first cookbook.

Livin’ La Vida Oh She Glows Life!

75 Kimberly November 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This recipe is amazing! My whole family loved it, even the toddlers. Loving your new book – voting now! Good luck!

76 Sara November 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I just made this yesterday and it was sooooo good! Everyone loved it…kids included!

77 Lori November 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

My family and I tried this last night… sooo good, my two year old actually asked for seconds :) Thanks for the awesome recipe!!

78 Melissa November 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I love love love your blog and I have been following it for years (especially during your pregnancy with Adriana, as I was just a couple of weeks behind you), but I have never once made anything. It all looks amazing and I have definitely been inspired, I am just not much for following recipes. But, my toddler and I are in a food rut and this recipe called out to me. I bought every ingredient (even though I never do that…I usually think, “eh…those five ingredients I don’t have can’t be that important”) and followed your instructions exactly. It was amazing. I probably won’t eat anything else until the whole batch is gone. I can’t wait to try more!

Congratulations on your little beauty, Arlo.

79 Deb November 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just cooked this for dinner! Everyone absolutely loved it. The chard and apple cider vinegar was just amazing in there. When the three year old and six year old down it fast you know it’s a winner!!

80 Angela Liddon November 30, 2016

So true! I’m beyond happy to hear it was a hit with everyone :)

81 Teresa November 29, 2016

Hey Angela! I don’t know if you know this already, but your book made it into Chapters Christmas video/ad. :) https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/holiday-guide/
It makes my heart happy to see it there. We have both your book and your app, and your recipes are among our favourites.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Teresa

82 Angela Liddon December 16, 2016

Hi Teresa, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me this sweet message and let me know about the Chapters holiday guide! (That makes MY heart happy!) I’m wishing you and your family all the best of the holiday season. :)

83 Iga | Dietmap November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I have never seen a recipe mix ingrediens like this. Amazing! Im in love, thanks!

84 Meredith November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This was so delicious – I can’t wait to make it again!

85 Angela Liddon November 30, 2016

Glad it was a hit, Meredith!! :)

86 Verena November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I replaced the sweet potato with a potato because I had no more sweet potaotes left and it was still sooo delicious!
Thank You for this great recipe!

87 Angela Liddon November 30, 2016

Happy to hear you enjoyed the swap, Verena!

88 Survivor November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi I was wondering if any of your recipes can be made medicated? And which one would you recommend? Do you have a favorite recipe that I could convert. Either butter or coconut oil would work for me on the medicated part?. I have a mmj card for Cancer ALL Luekemia. Thank you in advance

89 Martha November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is delicious. Made it for dinner tonight on a damp New England night. Used garlic, onion, sweet potato, butternut squash and chard from my CSA share. I opted for the chickpea variation and didn’t make the rice. This will be a regular in my home.

90 Ashley November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this for dinner tonight and it is baby approved! My 10 month old gobbled hers up before I got to sit down and eat mine :) I didn’t find it spicy at all! Next time I will definitely sub out lentils and try chickpeas. I didn’t have veggie stock so I just used water, and I’m pretty sure the coco milk I used wasn’t light, but it wasn’t too heavy at all. I did notice that the potatoes and squash were fork tender way before 30 min so I just reduced heat. Loved this so much, I will be adding it to our comforting and healthy soup rotation! Now to have a double chocolate one bowl cookie for dessert :)

91 Angela Liddon December 1, 2016

So happy to hear it was a hit with everyone, Ashley — especially with your little one! :)

92 Jocelyn November 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight. So easy and so good!

93 Angela Liddon December 1, 2016

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Jocelyn! :)

94 Cindy December 1, 2016

Hey! This looks absolutely amazing. I love all the colours and the yummy ingredients! Can I use lentils AND chickpeas? How many servings does this make, Angela? :)

95 Angela Liddon December 5, 2016

Hey Cindy, You could definitely swap the lentils for chickpeas (see bottom of the recipe for tips on that!) or use a combo of the two. Go wild! :) Soups are so forgiving. The recipe as written makes 11 cups, so I would say it serves 5 (I usually allot 2 cups per bowl).

96 janine December 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and it was delicious. A little soupy though, I think I will cut down on the liquid next time to two cups instead of three. The flavour was spectacular though. Oh the other thing is when I added the chard it wasn’t chopped finely enough. Next time I will do that too! Love it though and will make it again

97 Cindy December 5, 2016

Great tip about adding a little less liquid. I like things more stew-y than broth-y so I will follow that suggestion!

98 janine December 5, 2016

It was not as liquidy the next day

99 Samantha Allen December 1, 2016

You just saved my dinner! I am 38+ weeks pregnant and having a weird afternoon. I was going to order out but decided to check your website. Thank you! It was amazing. My children loved it. Not too hot and not too spicy. Your recipes that we have tried have all been a hit!

100 Merk December 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I decided on spinach instead of chard, because I had a box of chopped, frozen spinach in the freezer, and chard is selling for $3/bunch even just at the big box grocery stores here.

Although I found it adequately stew-like as it was, I did blitz it for a few seconds to get it thicker.

101 Kamala December 1, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is a very south Indian vegeterian recipe. Meaning that lentils are regularly mixed with greens and veggies in south Indian cuisine for the daily dose of protein.

102 sheryl Hertel December 2, 2016

Great Recipe!! I won’t lie. I forgot I did not have turmeric or cayenne but it was STILL delicious! I made ground turkey on the side for my husband and he loved it as well.

I used spinach and it worked perfectly!

103 Randi December 2, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Absolutely beyond delicious. With rice, even my husband loved it. And leftovers are even more amazing. Next day it thickens up to a glorious eating experience. Well done!

104 Laurie in BC December 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

As I write my 13-month old baby is asleep and this stew is simmering on the stove. I’m saddly a single mum; however, I’m glad to write that I used fresh squash from my local, loving food bank, as well as a can of chick peas and a can of coconut milk from there too! The can of diced tomatoes that I used was a jar I canned myself this autumn with organic tomatoes that a farmer gave me. (He didn’t just give me the tomatoes, he brought a whole box of tomatoes right to my door along with jars for canning! I couldn’t believe this act of kindness!) Unfortunately, there weren’t any sweet potatoes available at the grocery store, so I used a yam instead. (Next time, please add a kid-friendly idea. Thanks.)

105 Brooke December 3, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Great flavor! Seems as though two cups of broth would have been enough though. It’s a bit watery.

106 Neen December 3, 2016

Hey Angela! Just wondering if it would be okay to leave out the coconut milk? I’m not a fan of coconut anything. Could it be substituted for something else? Loving these warm fall recipes!

107 Rana Quadri December 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is incredible! Thank you so much for the recipe.

108 Kathy December 4, 2016

It’s a cold, rainy day here, and this stew hit the spot! I just realized that I omitted the tomato paste by accident, but it still turned out great. And, best of all, my usually skeptical boys tasted it and even asked for seconds! Thank you for another great recipe.

109 Denise December 4, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I loved this recipe. I used my immersion blender as you suggested and it gave it a great consistency. Can’t wait for leftovers!

110 Erika December 5, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this last night and boy was it easy AND delicious (win!). I love the cumin-turmeric-chili spice combo. Definitely comforting. Another OSG success =)

111 Savita @ Chefdehome December 5, 2016

I love my lentils and crazy for spices. this stew loaded with veggies is sure calling my name. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Can’t wait to try this and of course your book too!

112 Lizzie December 6, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this on the weekend and it was a hit with the entire family–including the 6 year old. I used frozen butternut squash (President’s Choice brand) and it worked out fine! I subbed kale instead of chard—and I always put a stick of celery in my soups/stews, so that went in, too. I used a 28oz can of diced tomatoes because I could not abide putting half the can in my tiny fridge–just added an extra tablespoon or two of paste to compensate and it was great! The flavours were lovely and mild–my husband loved the bright “tang” that the cider vinegar lends to the dish. I’m getting three meals’ worth out of the recipe (froze a batch and the left-overs gave us meal #2). A+

113 Christine December 7, 2016

Making this right now. Flavors are lovely but just 1/2 cup of lentils? I know they’ll bulk up when they cook but it still doesn’t seem like enough.

114 Frank Kristopoulos December 8, 2016

Just read your recipe and it is awesome. I could not wait to taste. I always love to read yours stories. I will prepare this tonight. Whereas it is not more heavy dish so basically me, my family any other persons mostly favor your recipe. Thanks for your sharing recipe and always share your recipe with people.

115 Angela Liddon December 8, 2016

I hope you enjoy it, Frank!

116 Leah December 8, 2016

Hi, I made this for dinner last night. DELICIOUS! Thanks so much for the recipe.

117 Angela Liddon December 8, 2016

Hi there Leah, I’m glad you enjoyed the stew!

118 Ranee Franti December 9, 2016

This is such a beautiful recipe. I have been following your blog page for many years. I read your recipe lest week and I wanted to surprise to my sweet baby who is now 14 years old. His birthday was on 7th December. So basically I cooked for him and also my family. So I can’t believe me that they are really tell me that it is awesome. So that time and now I am sooooo happy and I want to thank you for sharing this recipe.

119 Rosenoisettes December 9, 2016

This stew seems so very comforting and flavourful, I love it !

120 kimberly December 9, 2016

Can these be made in a crockpot?

121 Angela Liddon December 16, 2016

Hi Kimberly, Yes, I tested this recently, and the stew works great in the crockpot! I just threw everything in except the greens, and cooked it on high, covered, for 4 hours, followed by 1.5 hours on high uncovered. Then, I used the immersion blender very briefly to thicken it into a stew texture, and added the greens at the very end.

122 Kimberly December 16, 2016

Great! Thank you so much! Definitely going to try it. I love using my crockpot in these cold months.

123 Brittany December 11, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Just tried this for dinner this weekend and it was delicious!! Thanks for the recipe, Angela!

124 Emily December 12, 2016
Recipe Rating:

My 20 month old ate it. 5 stars.

(I make a few meals a week, try different things, and she rarely eats anything I cook. She’s picky. When a meal makes the mark — I’m in SINCERE gratitude!!)

125 Victoria Taylor December 13, 2016

Hi Angela,

This time of year brings out some of the most lovely veggies. What a great way to mix the season together. I enjoy this even in warm Miami. Thank you for sharing! Best of luck.
Victoria

126 Val Graves December 13, 2016

This looks so good. I think I’ll make it tomorrow for dinner. We are having guests over so this will be perfect. How would you go about making this in the crockpot?

127 Hannah December 13, 2016
Recipe Rating:

What a delicious, satisfying meal this made (plus a snack, plus standing at the fridge inhaling it cold.) I found the level of spice perfect for my family. My 2-year old asked for seconds, even! I will be making this again soon.

128 Maria December 14, 2016

Heerlijk gerecht! Delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing, Angela <3

129 Catherine December 14, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This is a delicious recipe! I will certainly be making this again and again. :)

130 Angela Liddon December 14, 2016

So glad to hear you liked it, Catherine!

131 Lucy December 14, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Hi, Angela! This recipe is honestly incredible! I have never commented before but have been following you for the longest time. Your recipes have been such a life saver for me because of several food intolerances plus my family love them too!

132 Angela Liddon December 14, 2016

Aw, thanks so much for leaving this comment, Lucy! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed this recipe so much, and also that my other recipes have been a hit with both you and the fam. :)

133 Bethany December 15, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I stumbled on this recipe trying to find a last minute dinner idea with ingredients we already had on hand. What a gold mine of a find! Absolutely delicious. We made a large pot full and ate off of it for days and were heartbroken when the pot was empty ;) This was delicious, hearty, tasty, and un-complicated. Thank you for sharing!

134 Erin December 15, 2016

Just made this tonight! My husband and I love it! Definitely will be in our list of favorites!

135 Emilie M. December 18, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was mind-blowingly good! I’m trying to return to veganism after a long time away, and recipes like these fill my need for meaty, hearty winter dishes. Thank you so much for all that you do!

136 Angela Liddon December 19, 2016

Aw, thanks so much for the kind words, Emilie! I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe. If you try another of mine, I hope you love it just as much!

137 Tara December 18, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I tried this tonight and both my husband and I loved it. It’s a new favourite and we’ll be making it again. It’s very flavourful and savoury, perfect for a cold night! We used baby kale and spinach. I did find that the prep took longer than expected, though.

138 Angela Liddon December 19, 2016

I’m so glad you both enjoyed it, Tara! We can’t get enough, and it’s definitely a new favourite around here too. Hope you stay warm out there! :)

139 Nita December 18, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Wow! Made this tonight. It’s fantastic! We are not vegan but making an effort to trend toward vegan. I’m constantly impressed by your recipes and looking forward to trying all of the ones on your newest app I downloaded.

140 Angela Liddon December 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your support, Nita! I hope you LOVE the app, and the recipes you try from it, of course! :)

141 Staci December 20, 2016

How can I adapt this for a slow cooker?

142 Angela Liddon December 20, 2016

Hi Staci, I tested this recently, and I just threw everything in except the greens and cooked it on high, covered, for 4 hours, followed by 1.5 hours on high UNcovered. Then, I used the immersion blender very briefly to thicken it into a stew texture, and added the greens at the very end. Hope this helps!

143 Christine December 20, 2016

This was ridiculously good! I used chickpeas instead of lentils and served with Jasmine rice. Oh my! Angela, your recipes have never failed me. Just WOW! I just ordered your first book as a gift for my mother (I own it of course!) and your second book as a gift for me :)

144 Angela Liddon December 20, 2016

Hi Christine, I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed the stew! I hope your mother loves the cookbook (and that you love your new one!). I’m sending you both warm holiday wishes! :)

145 Kristen December 21, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I made this a few weeks back and it was delicious. It made a lot so I froze it. I am serving the rest tonight. It froze beautifully and will be perfect for this chilly night.

146 Angela Liddon December 22, 2016

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the stew, Kristen. Hope it helps keep you warm!

147 Susie December 23, 2016
Recipe Rating:

This stew is AMAZING. If anyone is wondering about using a slow cooker, I threw everything into the crock pot and let it cook on high for 3-3.5 hours and it came out beautifully. I could not get over how delicious it was; definitely my new favorite cold-weather recipe.

148 Angela Liddon December 23, 2016

I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Susie! :)

149 Patricia December 26, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Loved this recipe — have made it twice now. Interesting taste note: I prefer to have only 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar instead of 2 or 3 — I like the sweeter taste.

150 Brooke December 27, 2016

Angela

This recipe looks delicious! Can you use green lentils instead of red?

151 Angela Liddon December 28, 2016

Hi Brooke, Yes, you can! Just keep in mind that green lentils will retain their shape a bit more than the red lentils, which break down when cooked and help to thicken the broth a little, so the texture of the soup will be altered slightly. Please let me know what you think, if you give the swap a try!

152 Rae December 27, 2016

This looks absolutely delicious and I think I even have almost all of the ingredients needed to make this! My family is currently staying with me for a visit so I am seriously considering making this for dinner this week!

Rae | Love from Berlin

153 Angela Liddon December 28, 2016

If you give the stew a try, I hope everyone loves it, Rae! I know we can’t get enough of in my household. :D

154 pauline December 28, 2016
Recipe Rating:

this recipe is fabulous.. my hubby and I ate it over a bowl of angel hair pasta. thank you for sharing this recipe. :)

155 Angela Liddon December 28, 2016

Hi Pauline, I’m glad you and husband enjoyed the stew!

156 Love Alongside Nutrition December 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

That was one of the best recipes I have ever made for my family. Yum, yum, yum!

157 Ozum December 29, 2016
Recipe Rating:

I am writing this review while eating this stew and oh it’s soo good on a cold chilly day… I added red curry paste, soy sauce, lemon juice and curry powder. I also used spinach instead of chard. Thank you!

158 Diane December 30, 2016
Recipe Rating:

Made this a couple of nights ago and we loved it!! Only thing I changed is I used half the cumin as my husband and I aren’t big on cumin. I wasn’t sure what to expect but everything I’ve tried of yours so far has been a hit so I gave it a go, glad we did! And you’re right, its even better the next day as the flavors melded together. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your work, it is very much appreciated!!

159 Barbara December 30, 2016

I am making now. It’s all in the pot simmering. It smells absolutely fantastic! If I could make one suggestion, it would be to revise the list of ingredients so that you include the size of the butternut squash and sweet potato pieces right in the list, rather than below the recipe instructions. I missed it and I did my best to go back and re-chop things, but I know it’s not all almond size shaped. Thanks!

160 Amanda Bettess January 2, 2017

I love this! Made it last week and froze half… looking forward to those leftovers for my work lunches this week! This recipe is so unique in flavor, and it’s addicting! And I’m so glad to see the crockpot directions! That will make a perfect cozy lunch to come home to after church. Thanks for this Angela. I’m a huge fan of your blog and books. Happy New Year!

161 Angela Liddon January 3, 2017

Happy New Year, Amanda! I’m so happy you’re loving the stew recipe…enjoy those leftover lunches. :)

162 Priyanka | The Last Cookie January 3, 2017

I love stews this time of the year and this one looks and sounds so delicious! Love all the spices you’ve used.

163 Angela Liddon January 3, 2017

I agree, stews are just so perfect in the winter months! If you give this one a try, I hope you enjoy it, Priyanka. :)

164 Mandy January 3, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I’m eating this now and it’s amazing. Mmmmmm!

165 Angela Liddon January 3, 2017

Yum! Enjoy ;)

166 Grace January 3, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this over the holidays for my half vegan and half non vegan family and it was a big hit! The flavors are spot on and it definitely hit the spot on a cold winter night. This will be in my family’s rotation from now on. Aside from subbing the chard for kale, I followed the recipe exactly and it was simple and easy to prepare. Winner!

Angela – I would love to see crockpot recipes from you! ;)

167 Angela Liddon January 4, 2017

So glad to hear it hit the spot for everyone, Grace! It’s definitely a perfect winter dish to keep you warm. :)

168 Mazzy January 5, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made this last night – it was absolutely divine and perfect for a rainy winter evening.

169 Angela Liddon January 5, 2017

I’m glad this stew hit the spot, Mazzy! Hope you stay dry and warm out there.

170 Amy January 5, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this last night and it is going in my “keeper” folder. Really delicious. I only made two changes. First, I added ½ tsp. curry powder, just because my family likes curry.

Second, I changed a couple of steps in the recipe– I added the spices to the onions after they were soft and let them “bloom” while continually stirring. Then I added the tomato paste, stirring briefly before before adding the squash and potatoes. This helped the tomato paste develop a deeper and less-raw flavor. I do these steps every time I make a dish like this and it always helps to bring a richness and depth to the food.

As always, Angela, your recipes are a hit in my house. Thanks for all you do to share this great food with us! :)

171 Angela Liddon January 6, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing those great tweaks, Amy! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe. :)

172 Garage Gym Planner January 6, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This is a perfect recipe for me to try with sweet potato :)
Thanks for sharing.

173 Christina January 6, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this last night and it was a hit with the whole family (including my kids of 3 & 1). I followed the recipe exactly but left out the chili powder to avoid it being too spicy for the kids. It was still delicious for all and perfect for the freezing weather we have here at the moment. Thanks again for another delicious recipe & happy new year!

174 Madeline January 6, 2017

Great post! Super cute and heart-warming. Almost made me cry haha! :) Looking forward to making this tomorrow for some hungry apres-skiers, <3

175 Heather January 7, 2017

Hi! Thank you so much for all your recipes–I’m a big fan! I received your newest cookbook for Christmas and continually suggest your recipes to vegan and non-vegans! Yesterday I made your muffin tops from new cookbook-so quick and easy! I also made your banana protein granola bars which I freeze for on the go breakfast–one of my faves! Quick question for this one- I have seen in comments where you suggest cooking in Crock Pot on high for around 4 hours then uncovered for additional time. The other day I saw on Instagram stories you did double batch overnight on low for 12 hours. Do you prefer one method over other? Does either have a better taste? Also this may be silly question but should I saute onion and garlic before putting in crock pot? Thanks for your help!

176 Angela Liddon March 17, 2017

Hey Heather, Oh, great questions! And not silly at all (I have often wondered this in the past too). I don’t know if I have noticed a big difference when cooking on high for a shorter amount of time versus overnight on low. I would think that the flavours might develop a little more overnight, but I haven’t really paid much attention to it as I’ve only done it a couple times so far. I don’t sauté the onion and garlic beforehand to try and streamline things (I just throw it all in!), but you definitely can if you prefer. I also noticed that when slow cooking this stew, the chard flavour was more pronounced for some reason, so I think next time I will try using spinach and maybe adding it just before serving. Hope this helps!

177 Ashley January 7, 2017

It came out a little more like soup instead of stew. I used the immersion blender but I’mnot sure where I went wrong. Still delicious!

178 Teresa January 8, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This recipe was delicious! It reminded my husband and I of butter chicken.

179 Kelly January 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made this on the weekend. Delicious.

180 Angela Liddon January 9, 2017

Glad to hear you liked it, Kelly!!

181 Sharon Chumm January 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Hi Angela, I just finished making this recipe, it is so good! The only change I made was to add a little more cayenne pepper. This is a keeper, a real awesome comfort food! Thank you so much, I love your recipes. Thanks, Sharon

182 Angela Liddon January 10, 2017

Hi Sharon, thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I’m so happy the soup was a hit.

183 Jennifer January 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

My whole family loved this recipe – even my husband who tends to find butternut + sweet potatoes a little too sweet and cloying for his taste. The way the red lentils and coconut milk combine to thicken the stew is genius. I used a potato masher instead of my immersion blender to smash up the ingredients a bit, I find that makes it easier to not over-purée. Topped it off with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt. YUM!!!

184 Angela Liddon January 10, 2017

It’s so great to hear the stew was a hit with everyone, Jennifer! Using a masher is such a great idea, too.

185 Nancy January 10, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Absolutely Delicious! I was a little sceptical, but made it for dinner, as I wanted to try a plant based meal. Everyone loved it! This recipe is a keeper! Can’t wait to try more recipes from the cookbook!

186 Angela Liddon January 11, 2017

Oh, I’m so happy to hear this stew won you over, Nancy! I hope you love whatever recipe you try next just as much.

187 Colleen January 10, 2017

So this is the first recipe I have ever tried and although I have experimented w/one vegan recipe from another source – I don’t recall it as enjoyable. Well this one is definitely where I should have come. Fed this to me, my husband and my daughter… this recipe is unbelievably good. Only change I made was to add the heat to taste… thank you for advising that. So good!

188 Angela Liddon January 11, 2017

I’m so happy to hear it was a hit, Colleen! I hope if you try another of my recipes, you love it just as much. :)

189 Lauren R January 10, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Hey, I’m a big fan of your books, blog and app. Made this tonight. It was amazing and had a perfect little kick to it. Thanks for posting!! Can’t wait to freeze some and have it in a few weeks as well!!

190 Melissa January 11, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Insanely delicious. Don’t hesitate. Just make it. And then make it again.

191 Whitney B January 14, 2017

This looks delicious and I can’t wait to make it! Based on your recent Snapchats, it looks like you use your slow cooker to make this as well? What are the instructions for making this stew in the slow cooker?

192 Angela Liddon January 18, 2017

Hi Whitney, I just threw everything into the slow cooker except the greens and cooked it covered on high for 4 hours, followed by 1.5 hours on high UNcovered. Then, I very briefly used the immersion blender to thicken it into a stew texture, and added the greens at the very end. Hope this helps!

193 Whitney Bekkers January 21, 2017

Thank you, Angela!

194 Bridget January 15, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made it for a potluck. It was a hit. So yummy! I used full fat coconut milk ;)

195 Talya January 18, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made this last night and it was delicious! I roasted the butternut squash first just for fun and it was great. Thank you for the recipe!

196 Angela Liddon January 19, 2017

So glad you enjoyed it, Talya!

197 Janet January 20, 2017

I stumbled on this recipe and looks great except of the Coconut milk, nowadays healthy cooking has a lot of Coconut/coconut milk product in it. I am highly allergic, what would be a good substitute? I have been using almond milk.

198 Angela Liddon February 1, 2017

Hi Janet, I haven’t tested any swaps for the coconut milk yet, but you can definitely try almond milk. I think cashew milk might lend a nice creaminess too. I’m sure it goes without saying but be sure to use unflavoured (no vanilla) and unsweetened milk. Another thing you could try is using half almond milk and half cashew cream (blend soaked cashews with water until smooth). Please let us know if you try anything out!

199 Michelle January 22, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this for a family potluck. It was a huge hit! I had 3-4 people ask for the recipe (so I directed them here!). I’ve made it a few times since too. It is delicious, nutritious, and pretty easy to make. My boys (3 and 1) liked it (even the time I forgot to cut back the heat for them).

200 Angela Liddon January 23, 2017

Oh, I’m so pleased to hear everyone loved it! Grinning ear to hear over here. :)

201 Tonya A January 22, 2017
Recipe Rating:

What FABULOUS stew – it was positively delicious and so warming on a dark and dreary winter’s day. I made one change – I substituted Penzey’s “Now Curry” spice blend as it had all of the spices listed in the recipe, plus my favorite fenugreek and cardamom. It was a big hit – even for the non-vegans in my family! Definitely going into my recipe rotation.

202 Angela Liddon January 23, 2017

What a great idea, Tonya! I’m so glad the recipe was such a hit with everyone. Keep warm out there!

203 Emily January 22, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made it tonight – so delicious and easy! Perfect for a chilly NYC evening. We had it with brown rice on the side and cilantro on top. Can’t wait to eat the leftovers – I’m sure this will get even more delicious the next day. Thanks for the great recipe!

204 Angela Liddon January 23, 2017

I’m glad it was a hit, Emily! This stew has definitely become one of our faves for chilly winter nights. :)

205 Ariel January 23, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This is a fantastic recipe! I swapped the lentils for canned chickpeas in the last ~10 mins of cooking and used baby spinach because that’s what I had. Served over white rice. A perfect, nourishing meal that I will be making again.

206 Heidi Wolff January 24, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this recipe without any of the tomato products. Best soup ever!

207 Melanie January 30, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Yummy recipe! I used my Instapot pressure cooker; it worked great.

208 Andrea January 30, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Hate to admit this on your website…but I am a meat eater. I have followed this website over the years and incorporated some of the recipes to spice it up and add meatless options to my diet. I made this recipe over the weekend because I happened to have all the ingredients on hand and it was delicious and incredibly satisfying. Just what I needed on a cold January day.

209 Caroline Edwards February 2, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Absolutely delicious- thanks for the recipe.

210 Sarah February 3, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This was so tasty and quick to make. I had a good friend over last night who loved it and filled up her Pyrex for lunch today. This was my first recipe from your blog (I am new to vegan cooking) and I can’t wait to try more this weekend and share this with my friends and family. Thank you!!!

211 Angela Liddon February 3, 2017

Oh, I’m so happy to hear you both enjoyed the recipe, Sarah! I hope you love whatever recipes you try this weekend just as much. :)

212 Morgan February 4, 2017

I was cooking up a storm tonight and only just realized that I was making 2 of your recipes simultaneously without realizing! Your chana masala is my go-to work fuel lunch, and I’m loving this soup for snowy days. I’m a meat & dairy eater but it’s so nice to find yummy vegan recipes to supplement my diet. Thanks!

213 Gina February 7, 2017

I found your recipe on www.soulemama.com. I am trying your recipe tonight! So excited!

Mind if I ask what kind of wooden soup bowls you are using? They are beautiful!

Thanks!

Gina

214 Angela Liddon February 15, 2017

Thank you Gina! The bowls were purchased second hand, so I’m sorry I don’t know where they were from originally. I hope you enjoy the soup!

215 Michelle Gillespie February 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This was delicious. Both my husband and I loved it. The only changes I made was to add minced ginger in with the garlic, used chicken broth because that’s what I had on hand and used Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste for a Thai/Indian fusion. This is now my favorite curry!

216 Rachel Potter February 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Just made this last night and it came out amazing! Very easy and delicious soup recipe.

217 Rachael Soules February 9, 2017

We LOVED this recipe. I left out the diced tomatoes and the chili powder because i didn’t have any, and it was still amazing. A great winter comfort food dish!

218 Erika February 14, 2017

This recipe is so delicious and ignited my obsession with turmeric! After making this stew 3 times in a month, I really wanted to share the recipe with others, so I recently blogged about it on A Healthier Upstate (https://www.ahealthierupstate.org/hidden-gems/hidden-gems-turmeric/) – a health and wellness blog for the upstate New York community. I wanted to thank you for inspiring this story!

219 Angela Liddon February 14, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words and lovely post, Erika! :) I’m so thrilled you loved the soup.

220 Carol February 17, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This is delicious! Thank you!

221 rose tan February 19, 2017

Hi guys,

Try this recipe it is super good and the meal was just perfect like the author said it would be!!!

222 Kelly February 26, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Awesome recipe. Super easy to follow and tastes fantastic.
Froze half the batch which tasted just as good if not better when reheated!

223 Angela Liddon February 27, 2017

Awesome! So glad it was a hit, Kelly.

224 Tilly February 27, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Wooowww….. this was about THE most delicious dish I’ve had in a ling time!!!! Thank you SO much for this great recipe!

I added some cardamon and ginger which brought this dish to another (indian) level! Mmmmm

225 Kirsten February 28, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Just tried this for the first time today! LOVE it!!!

226 Angela Liddon March 1, 2017

So happy to hear it, Kirsten!

227 Anna March 1, 2017
Recipe Rating:

A friend made this for me and OMG wow it’s so good!!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)

228 Angela Liddon March 1, 2017

So glad you enjoyed it, Anna! Thanks for the love :)

229 Tara March 1, 2017

Just made this last night – so yummy! I was excited to find a recipe that let me work in some turmeric — it’s a spice I’m just getting to know better. :)

230 Stacey March 2, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this recipe last night and it is absolutely fantastic. I have a binder in my kitchen in which only the best recipes (the ones that make you scrape the plate or bowl for every last bit) are stored. This recipe made the cut. It will be one I look forward to making again and again. Thanks!

231 Angela Liddon March 3, 2017

Aw, I’m thrilled this one made the binder, Stacey! :)

232 Lisa March 3, 2017

I received you wonderful cookbook as a Christmas present from my Mom and I have to say I am enjoying it immensely! I am not a confident cook and have truly loved creating your recipes AND my kids eat it up! Thank you for creating such a beautiful piece.

This recipe looks like another winner for my household!

I have a question. I made the Comforting red lentil and chickpea curry last week but found it to be dry. Is the fix to add more puréed tomatoes?

Thank you in advance for your support.

233 Angela Liddon March 9, 2017

Hey Lisa, I’m so happy you and your family have been enjoying the new cookbook! That’s always so wonderful to hear. :) If you find yourself wanting a bit more moisture in your Comforting Red Lentil and Chickpea Curry, I think adding a bit more of the tomatoes is a great solution. This recipe is supposed to turn out thick and stew-like, but thinner consistencies can be lovely too! Depending on whether you use crushed or pureed tomatoes, the moisture can be a bit different for each. So you might want to try both. At the very end of cooking just add a bit more tomato at a time and adjust until your curry is the desired texture.

234 Lisa March 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your suggestions, Angela. I used fire roasted crushed tomatoes instead of puréed this time around and the recipe turned out fabulously! ❤

235 Raffaela March 4, 2017

Hi Angela,

First, I’d like to mention that I LOVE your recipes. Thank you – they’ve really changed my outlook on both cooking and baking (and yes – I needed help :) Do you have a recipe for a first birthday cake? My son is turning one in a couple of weeks and I’m in need of a recipe for his cake. He hasn’t really had any sweet treats yet besides fruit, so would like him to try a cake which is delicious, with a hint ‘o healthy too! Any ideas?

236 Angela Liddon March 9, 2017

Hi Raffaela, Thank you so much for the warm words, and happy birthday to your little one! I’m sorry that I haven’t shared a healthy cake option for you little one. I will definitely keep this in mind for a future recipe though!

237 Judy March 6, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I’ve made this recipe a few times now and just love it. It’s tasty and is the perfect comfort food.

238 Julie luther March 6, 2017

actually I made this and didn’t like it at all, or my guests, it says to cook it 30 minutes or until tender – it never got tender in 50 minutes, so served it anyway, then thought, ok, maybe I just need to cook it more, so cooked an hour the next morning and blah, still not good, I had to throw it out. sorry, just one girls experience.

239 Angela Liddon March 15, 2017

Hi Julie, How strange! I’m so sorry to hear that. Was it the butternut squash that never got tender? It sounds like it might’ve been a bad/dry squash if that was the case.

240 Amber lavian March 7, 2017

Is there a reason why you don’t toast the spices first, like in traditional indian cooking? Isn’t that what releases all the flavours?

241 Angela Liddon March 9, 2017

Hi Amber, You can certainly add them sooner if you prefer. My dish isn’t meant to be traditional, and I opted to simplify my recipe as much as possible.

This quote from Serious Eats may be helpful for you:
“When should I be adding spices to a dish?
You may notice (and be understandably frustrated) that there’s no real rule of thumb when it comes to how and when to use each type of mixture. But it can be a liberating realization: simply put, there is no rule of thumb. Many curries get their characteristic red color from a chili-based spice blend, but contain a completely different set of spices in the garam masala, which may be added at the beginning, middle, or end of cooking. Some individual spices may be ground and sprinkled on top just before serving, or it may be a blend. Spices added at the beginning tend to mellow in flavor, while permeating the gravy and coating the meat or vegetables. Those added at the end will retain a sharper pungency.”

Happy cooking!

242 linea March 9, 2017

Hi :-) This look and sound super delicious!
Is it possible to sub the coconut milk for another type of plantmilk? like soymilk, or almond?
I hope you’ll reply :D
Kind regards, Linea
Ps. thank you for all your amazing recipes!

243 Angela Liddon March 13, 2017

Hey Linea, I haven’t tested any swaps for the coconut milk myself, but you could definitely try almond or soy milk. I think cashew milk might lend a nice creaminess, too. Just be sure to use unflavoured (no vanilla) and unsweetened milk. :) You could also try using half almond milk and half cashew cream (blend soaked cashews with water until smooth). If you try anything out, please report back and let us know how you like it!

244 Mia March 20, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made this tonight. It was amazing!!! In love! Thank you!

245 Brooke March 21, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This has been one of my favorite meals to make this fall/winter! It has great flavor and never disappoints. Tonight I was debating on even making it because I didn’t have all of the ingredients and I’m so glad I decided to stick with my plan because it turned out great! I didn’t have onion, garlic, sweet potato, or diced tomatoes! So instead I used butternut squash, carrots and used 3/4 cup lentils rather than 1/2 just to use up my bag. I kept all the other ingredient measurements the same – AMAZING!!!! Not only is this recipe delicious – it’s also versatile!! Thanks for another wonderful meal Angela!!

246 Yassmeen Angarola March 22, 2017

Angela, I just made this last night and oh my goodness! The flavors are heavenly! I absolutely love the combination of butternut squash and red lentils, but the coconut milk gives it this perfect, rich and creamy texture. Thanks for sharing this recipe! It’ll definitely make a reappearance in my household!

247 Julia April 9, 2017

I’m making this for a passover celebration tomorrow. We were invited to someone else’s house for the celebration. How do you think this would travel? My thought is to make it up until the chard step, then ask to use the stove at their house and add the chard at the last minute. My concern is that the green would lose it’s color en route. Is this an unnecessary extra step, or do you think it would be worth it? I just want it to look as pretty as possible, since it’s a potluck.

Thanks.

248 Angela Liddon April 10, 2017

Hey Julia, I think that’s a great idea. I find sometimes if the chard sits too long, it can get a strange chard-y flavour (or maybe that was just a weird batch I had last time, lol), so adding it fresh might be a nice option. Or you could use kale or baby spinach instead, and add it in advance. I hope this helps!

249 Rebecca April 14, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Oh My Gosh….this one is a winner, I’m cradling your new book, Oh She Glows Every Day….I love the ease of this recipe and the F L A V O R. I’m not joking, I’m bringing this to an Easter dinner invite, this weekend.

250 Janet April 16, 2017

Your recipe sounds delicious. I am not able to eat tomatoes or tomato paste. Do you have any suggestions for substitutions or modification of the recipe?

251 Angela Liddon April 20, 2017

Hey Janet, You can definitely can try leaving out the tomato. I would probably add a bit more broth in its place. Since the tomatoes lend acidity to the soup, you might also find that it needs a little “brightness” added back to it without them. If you find you want to tweak the flavour, you could try adding more vinegar until it pops; just add it slowly to taste and you should be fine! Or maybe you’ll enjoy the flavour without tweaking anything at all. :)

252 Alyssa April 24, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Love this recipe – just wondering, would there be an alternate to using coconut milk? Thank you!

253 Angela Liddon April 26, 2017

Hi Alyssa, I haven’t tested any swaps for the coconut milk yet, but I think you could try almond milk or cashew milk (which might lend a nice creaminess, too). Just be sure to use unflavoured and unsweetened milk. Another thing you could try is using half almond milk and half cashew cream (blend soaked cashews with water until smooth). Please let us know if you try anything out!

254 Lindsay April 24, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this recipe this evening after a long – and crummy! – day because I was craving some comfort food. It is SO delicious. I ended up substituting the lentils for chickpeas and was missing some spices (I hadn’t planned on cooking at all – part of my crummy day) so I used some of your 10-spice mix I had in my cupboard and it turned out so well! I’m already obsessed. Thank you for such an incredible recipe that absolutely turned my day around! Will definitely be making it again.

xoxo

255 Angela Liddon April 25, 2017

Oh, I’m so happy this recipe helped improve your day, Lindsay! I hope your Tuesday is going much better. :)

256 Kristiana April 30, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This was one of the best tasting lentil recipes I have ever had. Switched up the greens a bit and put it over quinoa ~ absolutely delicious and will be in rotation. DELISH!

257 Julia May 3, 2017

I have to try this recipe as it looks and sounds absolutely delicious. Thank you!

258 katie May 7, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I had a friend coming over who only eats vegan… (aghhh what to cook).
This recipe popped up. Gave it a go and blitz it. Really easy to make and she was raving!!
Paired it with an argentian red and it was devine. Im still full from it nearly 6 hours later.
I must for anyone who isn’t at the master chef stage yet. Best of all I had 6 portions left over after I went back for seconds….

Thanks heaps for publishing this recipe.

259 Angela Liddon May 8, 2017

Aw, I’m really glad to hear your friend enjoyed it Katie!

260 Rachael May 10, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Um…YES! It’s spring, but it’s been rainy and cold this past week. So I felt like making a dinner that would warm us up from the inside out. This was delicious. Perfect balance of sweet, spicy, tangy, and creamy. And such a great idea to serve it over rice. It makes the presentation look nice too. Thank you so much for this!

261 Angela Liddon May 11, 2017

I’m glad you enjoyed the dish, Rachael! Hopefully it helped ward off that rainy chill. :)

262 laura nicolas May 13, 2017

Hello from Tahiti! Cooking it right now… it smells delicious, looking forward to eating it soon!!! I have no rice but I will try with quinoa. Thank you soooo much! :-)

263 Angela Liddon May 15, 2017

I think quinoa would be great with this! Hope you enjoyed the dish, Laura. :)

264 peter brophy May 20, 2017

Hello from Denver! I am cooking this now, smells good. two thoughts, questions: my first experiment in indian style cooking came from the DVD extras on “Bend It Like Beckham” where the Indian real life mother and aunt of the movie’s director are directing her through the steps in making an Aloo Gobi. (A memorable line from the movie – the Indian mother is moaning that her soccer-obscessed daughter will never find a husband because: “You can’t even make an aloo gobi!”). In this video, the Aunt is SCARY insistent that the Tumeric be cooked (added to the onions for the last minute) lest it impair a bitter taste. I didn’t do that here, since I was following steps and not looking ahead. Whaddayathink…bunk? 2. since I don’t have a hand blender, I am going to take several cups out of the soup and put them in a regular blender and add back. That works nicely in bean soups for the added thickening effect. I love your blog! Just stumbled on it last week via Cookie Kate’s Chana Masala recipe. This is my first go and I see lots of other interesting concoctions to explore. will come back to rate it after we eat it

265 Angela Liddon May 29, 2017

Hey Peter, So happy you came across my blog! You can definitely try adding the turmeric earlier if you’d like. Let me know if you notice any difference!

266 peter brophy May 21, 2017
Recipe Rating:

excellent! will make it again and again.

267 Julie June 9, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Made this over the weekend. Wow…it’s absolutely delicious. Great kick from the spices (not too little/too much). Instead of chard, I used spinach and I couldn’t find any red lentils at my store so I used other lentils. The only thing I may do different next time is to add a little bit of pureed dates to give it a bit of sweetness and maybe some tofu. I take this, along with some rice, to work for a wholesome lunch.

268 Laura June 16, 2017
Recipe Rating:

So so so tasty. The whole family love it, even my fussy 3 year old.

269 Lore June 16, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this today and it was the first recipe I tried from here. It was absolutely delicious and I got a lot of compliments on this! I replaced the butternut with carrots and the chard with spinach. I can’t wait to try more recipes!

270 Angela Liddon June 16, 2017

I’m so happy to hear the recipe was a success, Lore! I hope you enjoy the next recipe you try just as much :)

271 Ann July 6, 2017

Made this tonight and it was very tasty! My husband had 3 helpings and I had 2
Just tweaked it in that I used a squeeze of lemon rather than the vinegar used a tin of full cream coconut milk and then put the whole thing in the oven for 11/2 hours at 170C (That was only because I wanted to take a cat nap and thought the oven might be a safer option!)
Will make this again and again Thank you for posting

272 Geri July 9, 2017

This was delicious! Thank you :)

273 Diane July 26, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Delicious! Didn’t have butternut squash, so added fresh cooked spaghetti squash and almond milk instead of coconut. Served it over black rice. This dish is a winner!

274 Amy July 26, 2017

I’ve tried about half a dozen different vegan sweet potato curry recipes and this one is hands down the best! I used two sweet potatoes and no squash. I did use a curry spice blend because I didn’t have tumeric but the flavor was amazing with the other ingredients. Thanks so much!

275 Gilda July 27, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This was totally amazing – so delicious!! And that was with forgetting to put in the spinach which I was going to use instead of the chard, as I had some in the fridge. Both hubby and I were truly impressed. We want to start eating less meat and as I am sensitive to dairy, soy and eggs, this was perfect.

276 Sheila July 27, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Cooked tonight for the young vegans in my life. Delicious! Love the heat, the comfort and the healthy one pot meal. I finally earned my kids’ esteem for cooking!

277 Angela Liddon July 28, 2017

I’m so happy to hear the dish was a success, Sheila!

278 [email protected] Content Writer July 28, 2017

Never tried Red Lentil Stew earlier. Appears like a perfect combination with butternut and sweet potato. I shall definitely try this recipe this weekend with my daughter and let you know my genuine feedback. Do you mind sharing any new tip on using pomegranate in salads, Angela?

279 Angela Liddon August 8, 2017

Hey Anna, I hope you enjoy the stew! As for pomegranate, I find it pairs lovely with festive, holiday type salads. There’s one in my first cookbook I believe. Happy cooking!

280 Bel August 5, 2017
Recipe Rating:

This recipe is DELICIOUS! I have been eating the leftovers for days, I can’t get enough!

281 Jacy August 6, 2017

Just made this for the first time. I can’t stay away from it. It’s fantastic!!

282 Angela Liddon August 8, 2017

Glad it was a hit, Jacy! :)

283 Angelica August 6, 2017

Made this today and I can honestly say it is one of my newest favorite dishes. It is perfect in taste and texture. I added a tsp of curry paste just for extra taste.

284 Angela Liddon August 8, 2017

That sounds like a great addition, Angelica! I’m so glad you enjoyed the stew. :)

285 Eline August 16, 2017

Oh my goodness. This is the third recipe by you that I made. It is absolutely wonderful and the young men in the house are not complaining either. Thank you!

286 Angela Liddon August 16, 2017

So glad everyone’s enjoying the recipes, Eline! Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know :)

287 Eline August 16, 2017
Recipe Rating:

Sorry, this is a five star recipe!

288 Christine August 21, 2017
Recipe Rating:

What can you use to substitute the coconut with? Milk, evaporated milk, cream? Not sure as coco has a thickening ability most others do not have. I’m allergic unfortunately.

289 Trish August 31, 2017

This recipe has become one of my staples and newest favorite! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

290 Angela Liddon September 1, 2017

Aw, thanks for the recipe love, Trish!

291 Diana Chamberlain-Clark September 4, 2017

Every time I try one of your recipes I say “THIS is my best favourite” and I mean it every time!! This was crazy delicious and loved the creaminess from the coconut milk. 👌 The only thing I did different was to roast the sweet potato and squash first. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Thanks for all the amazing recipes!! 🌱💚

292 Angela Liddon September 5, 2017

You’re too sweet, Diana! It’s awesome to hear how much you enjoy my recipes. Thanks for the love!!

293 Clara September 6, 2017

Loved visiting your blog, Angela. It is such a pleasure reading your yummy dishes and try them out with my husband who is a retired army man. Tried your butternut sweet potato dish and I must say that he like it really well.

Keep sharing dishes like this! All the best.

~ Clara

294 Karen T. September 18, 2017

Do you think this would be O.K. to make in the crockpot on low for a day? I think I would like to serve this at my house warming party, which will be on a Friday evening, so cooking the day of is probably not practical. Thanks!

295 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 19, 2017

Hey Karen,
I’ve tried it and it worked in the slow cooker (although I can’t remember if I had to adjust the liquids…it wouldn’t have been much if I did). The only thing I would suggest is if you’re adding chard, to wait until adding it just before serving. I added mine at the start and I found the stew had a “chard-y” flavour after slow cooking, haha.

296 Liz September 18, 2017

This just beat out 10 Spice Soup as my new favorite. My 3 year old highly approves as well 👍🏻

297 John A September 21, 2017

I am feeling a bit under the weather, this looks so good. As a Vegan i am, wow does this look super tasty thanks for sharing i have bookmarked it lol. Thanks Angela :)

298 mary September 21, 2017

Hi Angela,
I am 1st reaching this blog. I always eager to learn new recipes and I love carrot more he way you explained the dish is very nice. thanks for sharing. All the best

299 Pippa September 25, 2017

Hi Angela,

My whole family LOVES the Oh She Glows cookbook; we have yet to buy the second one but Christmas is coming. This recipe is amazing; so delicious and family friendly. I don’t have an immersion blender, so I just put half in the blender and then added it back to the pot. I also served it over cauliflower rice delish! You rock, keep it coming.
Cheers, Pippa

300 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 26, 2017

Hey Pippa, Thank you…so glad to hear this one was a hit! I love the idea of serving it over cauliflower rice too. :)

301 Misty October 2, 2017

This is delicious. I made 2 minor changes. I was out of lentils so added a can of red kidney beans instead. Also, I used a can of Rotel tomatoes to give it a bit of a kick. This is so easy to make and super good.

302 Marla October 7, 2017
Recipe Rating:

OMG, this is fantastic! Invited a family I’ve known for 15 years. After they accepted, it was “Oh, by the way, we’re vegan.” Heart stopped. This saved the day. Recommendations: get the Whole Foods pre-cut butternut squash. It’s worth the expense. Also, measure out everything — and I mean everything (the apple cider at the end is critical — in advance, and cooking it is really easy and, dare I say, fun? I even ate it with the brown rice, and liked it! (My husband is still in shock on that one.) The first time I made it I forgot the chard/spinach (that getting EVERYTHING ready in advance thing). As it turns out on this one, my husband doesn’t like greens floating in soups or stews, and it tastes fine without it. Stepping up the heat (spices) makes it even better (I didn’t do that the first time because, pardon the expression, I was chicken.)

303 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2017

haha Marla, thank you for this entertaining review! I loved reading your thoughts on this stew. So glad you enjoyed it!

304 Sue October 11, 2017
Recipe Rating:

I made this tonight and it is delicious! I can hardly wait for lunch tomorrow…if I can stay out of it tonight!

305 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2017

Hi Sue, I’m so happy you love the stew. It’s perfect fall food if you ask me. ;)

306 Vannie October 12, 2017

Amazing ! Perfect comfort food for a cold day !

307 Catherine Siegbahn October 14, 2017

Hi Angela!

I love all your recipes! I made your panzanella for Thanksgiving (acorn instead of delicata squash, equally as yummy!), and it was a HUGE HIT!

I’m looking forward to making this stew also! I just noticed though that the printer-friendly version of the recipe is blank, or is covered by a menu, on right of page. It’s just so much easier to look at with only the ingredients and directions visible. Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks!

Catherine

308 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 16, 2017

Hey Catherine, I’m so glad the panzanella was a hit! :)
I’m sorry you’re having trouble with the printed version of this stew. That definitely shouldn’t be happening! Do you mind shooting an email to press[at]ohsheglows[dot]com with a screenshot of what you’re seeing, and which web browser you use? Thanks!

309 Vicki October 14, 2017

Hi, Angela!
I was wondering if this stew can be frozen and warmed up later?

310 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 16, 2017

Absolutely! I find that most of my soups and stews freeze very well. You can freeze individual portions, flat, in zip freezer bags, or freeze in frezer-safe containers (leaving an inch or so for expansion). Hope this helps!